Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:51 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (65050 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

I WILL STILL ANSWER YOU FROM THE FLESH BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. MARY WAS SIMPLY A SURROGATE. THE SEED OF CHRIST CAME FROM GOD AND ALL MARY DID WAS CARRY THE SEED TO TERM. IT TAKES THE RELEASE OF AN EGG AND THE INSEMINATION OF A SPERM FOR CONCEPTION TO OCCUR. GOD DIDNT NEED MARRYS EGGS BECAUSE THEY WERE ALREADY STAINED WITH SIN NEITHER DID HE NEED JOSEPHS SPERM BECAUSE THEY WERE ALSO STAINED WITH SIN SO HE DID EXACTLY WHAT HE DID IN GENESIS WHEN MAN WAS FORMED!

GOD NEEDED A SURROGATE AND MARYY WAS AVAILABLE. MARY HAD THE POWER TO SAY NO AS GOD WILL NOT FORCE US AGAINST OUR WILL BUT SHE WAS WILLING TO BE USED IN ORDER TO FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS. A SURROGATE HAS NO GENETIC LINK TO THE CHILD. MAY GOD OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE TRUTH

Do you mind explaining to me how the christ came to be from the lineage of David? How was the messiah genetically related to David? Did God lie in is prophecy about the great descendant of David?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

"When the dead raise to life they will be like angels I am the God of abraham,Isaac and Jacob.I am the God of the living and not of the dead." Jesus sain this in reply to the question of the woman who married 7 brothers.

I believe you understand what he meant.Those who die in christ are alive.Thatz why he reffered to. Abraham,isaac and Jacob as been alive even when they were supposed to be long dead

You need kindagarten classes.. Jesus said "when" not "they have risen.. smh
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

You are the ones that are confused.

Jesus Christ (God) left His Glory above and came down to earth in human form. If you believe in trinity and say that Mary is the mother of God (The Son), how can He (God) feel hunger? Pain, how can God die? How can God forsake God?

You guys should wake up and smell the coffee

gringringrin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 11:34am On Jul 16, 2013
vicope:

Seriously? This s**t is so hillarous! And we are busy accusing another religion of hypnotising its followers with virgins and wine in heaven.......I never really knew some christians catholics are also hypnotised into believing the above! Little wonder why "narrow is the road that leads to salvation and broad is the road that leads to destruction". Its hard to come to terms with the fact that you guys even coined a biblical ideology to support idolatory. I just pray to God to send forth the holy spirit to broaden your understanding and comprehension of His word. Shalom!

*Unfollowing thread immediately*

I never really knew about the Catholic doctrine until this thread. We obviously do not serve the same God
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

You need kindagarten classes.. Jesus said "when" not "they have risen.. smh

You did not bother to explain why he referred to Abraham,Isaac and Jacob as been among the living.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2013
xyoung: I don't understand why protestants like fighting the catholic church and her teachings!!! A church founded by Jesus christ himself..Next time, protestant will post, "why confess 2a priest when you can confess to God directly"..

There is no need to waste my time and start defending my catholic faith here because all these people are already bent on arguing blindly when the truth is not far fetched

Protestant just choose a portion of the bible and misinterprete it all in a name to start their own living church. But check on the existence of these churches when their founder dies

Hail Mary, full of grace the lord is with you, blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb jesus..
I am surprised no1 here faulted the Angel Gabriel for greeting Mary like this before the birth of Jesus Christ.
The truth is bitter!!!!!!!!

Which Church are you talking about?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

Do you mind explaining to me how the christ came to be from the lineage of David? How was the messiah genetically related to David? Did God lie in is prophecy about the great descendant of David?

ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE READY FOR THE ANSWER I WILL GIVE TO YOU?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2013
Bidam: @bolded is a wrong reasoning of scriptures.You don't have to be among the twelve to be called an Apostle by God.It was evident in scriptures that Paul had an apostolic mandate to the gentile nations.Stop belittling Paul here abeg.Try to do a study on the five fold ministry gifts.

And yet they say we're belittling mary..smh
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

Which Church are you talking about?

He is talking about the catholic church founded by Christ himself through the authourity he invested on st Peter.The same church that created the bible.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

Jesus is not a surrogate child of Mary.His humanity was sourced from Mary.His flesh and blood were genetically derived from her.Stop bringing all this childish analogies

Aren't surrogate children sourced from the the women that carried them?.. Smh
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

The 'brothers' of Mary are his cousins? Are you saying the word cousin is not in the Bible? Don't you think the Bible would have specified it considering the fact that it was specified that Mark was Barnabas' cousin? Col 4: 10

What happened to the marriage of Mary and Joseph?

When it comes to them, cousins becomes brothers gringrin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

My sister there are actually 2 kinds of surrogates. One that the fertilized egg is from the carrier but the sperm from another source and another where the fertilized egg is from another woman and the sperm from another source and the carrier is only carrying the finished fertilized egg.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

[b]Exodus 20:3 - Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exodus 20:4-5 - Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
5 - Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

Acts 17:29 - Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Leviticus 26:1 - Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up [any] image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I [am] the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 4:16-19 - 16 Lest ye corrupt [yourselves], and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
17 The likeness of any beast that [is] on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,
18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that [is] in the waters beneath the earth:
19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, [even] all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.[/b]

Quit wasting your time with that guy.. Even when God mentioned "anything", meaning nothing whatsoever, they still carve those idols.. They claim to be servants of God but disobeys God's own words and bring up their own

He knows the truth but won't agree.. Quit indulging him
ochongonoko:

ochongonoko:

I suggest you go back to your elementary biology class
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

I WILL STILL ANSWER YOU FROM THE FLESH BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. MARY WAS SIMPLY A SURROGATE. THE SEED OF CHRIST CAME FROM GOD AND ALL MARY DID WAS CARRY THE SEED TO TERM. IT TAKES THE RELEASE OF AN EGG AND THE INSEMINATION OF A SPERM FOR CONCEPTION TO OCCUR. GOD DIDNT NEED MARRYS EGGS BECAUSE THEY WERE ALREADY STAINED WITH SIN NEITHER DID HE NEED JOSEPHS SPERM BECAUSE THEY WERE ALSO STAINED WITH SIN SO HE DID EXACTLY WHAT HE DID IN GENESIS WHEN MAN WAS FORMED!

GOD NEEDED A SURROGATE AND MARYY WAS AVAILABLE. MARY HAD THE POWER TO SAY NO AS GOD WILL NOT FORCE US AGAINST OUR WILL BUT SHE WAS WILLING TO BE USED IN ORDER TO FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS. A SURROGATE HAS NO GENETIC LINK TO THE CHILD. MAY GOD OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE TRUTH

GRACIAS!!!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

You did not bother to explain why he referred to Abraham,Isaac and Jacob as been among the living.

Did you bother to explain to me about the "when"?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

He is talking about the catholic church founded by Christ himself through the authourity he invested on st Peter.The same church that created the bible.

The catholic did creat any bible, maybe yours, not mine
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

My sister there are actually 2 kinds of surrogates. One that the fertilized egg is from the carrier but the sperm from another source and another where the fertilized egg is from another woman and the sperm from another source and the carrier is only carrying the finished fertilized egg.

Yeah I know, I was talking about the "fertilized egg is from the carrier but the sperm is from another source"
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

Yes chukwudi, the son of mary not God gringrin

What meant is that a child from surrogacy is carried by woman, and in this case, mary was FAVOURED to be it's carrier
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44: The remarkable thing, however, about Peter’s alleged bishopric in Rome, is that the New Testament has not one word to say about it. The word Rome occurs only nine times in the Bible, and never is Peter mentioned in connection with it. There is no allusion to Rome in either of his epistles. Paul’s journey to that city is recorded in great detail (Acts 27 and 28). There is in fact no New Testament evidence, nor any historical proof of any kind, that Peter ever was in Rome. All rests on legend. The first twelve chapters of the book of Acts tell of Peter’s ministry and travels in Palestine and Syria. Surely if he had gone to the capital of the empire, that would have been mentioned. We may well ask, if Peter was superior to Paul, why does he receive so little attention after Paul comes on the scene?

The doctrine of sola bible is not even a biblical concept as even the biblical authours quoted and reffered to books outside the bible.To suggest that once a thing is not in the bible is then false is most illogical to say the least.

The bible was created by the catholic church of the fourth century from a collections of hundreds of scriptural writings that was then extant.The apostles themselves never used the bible.The entire gospels were anonymous!! The names of their authours and apostolic origin was only attested through sacred apostolic tradition of the same catholic church you so despise!!

So we should equally assume Peter and Paul are still alive because their deaths were not mentioned in the bible!! How do you protestants even reason? So because Paul was more educated and consequently wrote more books than the apostles suddenly takes him above Peter?

Was Paul even an apostle in the true sense of the word considering he was not among the twelve.He was the greatest evangelist of the first century.

Alongside him,Peter and James the just(scarcely mentioned in the bible) were the most influential xtian leaders of the first century church.

Nobody created the Bible.

It was Catholics that said Mary was alive because her death was not recorded in the Bible.

I ask: If Mary died a virgin, what happened to her marriage with Joseph?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 11:58am On Jul 16, 2013
ktjohnpaul:

You may need English lessons if you cannot comprehend a simple grammatical expression! No offence intended.

None taken.

Give me a Bible passage where Mary was called the Mother of Jesus (God) and God the Father was called his Father at the same time
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

Yeah I know, I was talking about the "fertilized egg is from the carrier but the sperm is from another source"

The woman whoose egg is fertilized is the mother of the child thaty is basic biology.Jesus's humanity originated in the womb of Mary.His flesh and blood were derived from Mary shikena
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

The woman whoose egg is fertilized is the mother of the child thaty is basic biology.Jesus's humanity originated in the womb of Mary.His flesh and blood were derived from Mary shikena
from christianity to scientology? lmao! na wa o! grin grin grin grin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

It was Catholics that said Mary was alive because her death was not recorded in the Bible.

While at it, lemme ask

Since mary is alive according to the catholics since her death wasn't recorded, I take it to mean that the countless names mentioned in bible that their deaths weren't recorded in bible are alive too

As per your last question, I ask them, since the bible specifically listed mary's other sons, does it mean that the bible which the catholics claims they wrote is false?

*watch them say the brothers actually meant their cousins gringrin*
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

IF MARY IS TO BE KNOWN AS THE MOTHER OF GOD THEN SHE WOULD HAVE FIRST BEEN DIVINELY BORN. THE ERROR IN CATHOLICISM BEGAN WHEN THEY FIRST APPROVED THE SO CALLED IMMACULATE CONCEPTION. THIS REFERS TO MARY AS BEEN BORN PERFECT AND WITHOUT SIN.

THE BIBLE NEVER RECORDED ANYWHERE OF THE BIRTH OF MARY OR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED PERTAINING TO HER BIRTH. SHE SUDDENLY JUST CAME INTO LIGHT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. IF SHE WAS DIVINE AND IMMACULATE WHILE ON EARTH WHY WAS SHE BETROTHED TO JOSEPH? DOES PERFECTION MARRY IMPERFECTION?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
Idowuogbo:
from christianity to scientology? lmao! na wa o! grin grin grin grin

I was ashamed to quote him that's why I quoted you

Can you imagine this was the same ITK saying I should go back to elementary biology.. Lmao.. Dude is super duper confused
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

So the biblical verse must mention both @ the same time for it to be true.What a shallow way of reasoning.So even when a verse explicitly states Mary is the mother of the Lord we should wait for it to be simultaneously stated with Jesus been the son of God for it to be valid?

Listen to yourself:

Yes, it must.

1. If Mary is the mother of Jesus (God) and God the Father is the father of Jesus (God), it means Mary and God are equal
2. It means that God can die, afteral, it was Jesus (the son of Mary) who died on the cross, He can be hungry, He can be tempted, He can feel pain etc

Sorry dude, I don't serve a God that can die. John 1:1 says 'In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God'... 'In Him everything including Mary' was created

I would have no problem if Catholics can realize they serve a different God, a different Jesus and are referring to a different Mary
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

IF MARY IS TO BE KNOWN AS THE MOTHER OF GOD THEN SHE WOULD HAVE FIRST BEEN DIVINELY BORN. THE ERROR IN CATHOLICISM BEGAN WHEN THEY FIRST APPROVED THE SO CALLED IMMACULATE CONCEPTION. THIS REFERS TO MARY AS BEEN BORN PERFECT AND WITHOUT SIN.

THE BIBLE NEVER RECORDED ANYWHERE OF THE BIRTH OF MARY OR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED PERTAINING TO HER BIRTH. SHE SUDDENLY JUST CAME INTO LIGHT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. IF SHE WAS DIVINE AND IMMACULATE WHILE ON EARTH WHY WAS SHE BETROTHED TO JOSEPH? DOES PERFECTION MARRY IMPERFECTION?

LMAO!! gringrin.. The same mary they denied never received the holy spirit together with the other apostles.. Lol.. Mehn, this thread is tha bomb!!..

They say she's the mother of God and yet jesus never called her "mother" but "woman" and God said he is the beginning and the end.. I wonder where God's mother suddenly came from?.. Lmao
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

Listen to yourself:

Yes, it must.

1. If Mary is the mother of Jesus (God) and God the Father is the father of Jesus (God), it means Mary and God are equal
2. It means that God can die, afteral, it was Jesus (the son of Mary) who died on the cross, He can be hungry, He can be tempted, He can feel pain etc

Sorry dude, I don't serve a God that can die. John 1:1 says 'In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God'... 'In Him everything including Mary' was created

I would have no problem if Catholics can realize they serve a different God, a different Jesus and are referring to a different Mary

School 'em ma'am.. Gracias

If only they can see the light.. If only!!...smh
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

The catholic church creaated the bible @ the synod of hippo in 393CE.This was further ratified by the council of carthage in 397CE and 417 CE.

Prior to that the bible did not exist.The term bible is actaually has no biblical basis
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

The book of Revelation explplicitly claims the the new Jerusalem stands on 12 pillars representing the 12 apostles of the lamb.The number 12 is a definite number.Even after Judas's death only one person was chosen to replace him out of 2 just to complete the number 12.

St Paul in spite of is industry is not really an apostle in the true sense of the word.He is to be ranked alongside Barnabas,Apollos,Stephen and others who played major roles after the resurrection.
Firstly you have to understand the whole meaning of an apostle from scriptural perspective,lemme quote a source so that you can see that it is not only the twelve that were referred to as an apostle.

An apostle is someone sent with a special message or commission. Jesus is called the apostle and high Priest of our confession in Hebrews 3:1. The twelve apostles of Jesus were Simon Peter, Andrew, James the son of Zebedee, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot, and Judas Iscariot who was replaced by Mathias (Acts 1:26). Paul became an apostle after Jesus' resurrection (2 Cor. 1:1), along with Barnabas (Acts 14:14), and others.

Apostles established churches (Rom. 15:17-20), exposed error (Gal. 1:6-9), and defended the truth of the gospel (Phil. 1:7,17). Some were empowered by the Holy Spirit to perform Miracles (Matt. 10:1,cool and they were to preach the gospel (Matt. 28:19,20).

A quick look at how the word is used in the Bible and there are several categories that arise:

1. There are apostles who were only among the 12. They performed miracles. Some wrote scripture. (Acts 1:21-22)

2. Paul was an apostle (unique?) specifically commissioned by Christ. He performed miracles and wrote scripture. (Acts 14:14; 1 Cor. 9:1; Gal. 1:1)

3. Barnabas is an apostle. He performed no miracles, wrote no scripture. (Acts 14:14,8-18)

4. Jesus is called an apostle. He performed miracles (Heb. 3:1)

5. There are apostles in the sense of simply being sent. They are messengers. They perform no miracles.(2 Cor. 8:23; Phil. 2:25; John 20:21)

6. It could be possible that anyone who was involved in Christ's ministry before his death and saw him after his resurrection could be referred to as apostles. (Acts 1:21-22)

7. There are false apostles.(2 Cor. 11:13; Rev. 2:2)

http://carm.org/dictionary-apostle

Paul was even bold to tell the Corinthians that he was an apostle.

Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord? If I am not an apostle to others, yet doubtless I am to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 9
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

I was ashamed to quote him that's why I quoted you

Can you imagine this was the same ITK saying I should go back to elementary biology.. Lmao.. Dude is super duper confused

you are making fun of your your own ignorance.YOPUR LEVEL OF IGNORANCE EVEN MADE ME TO DIGRESS INTO THE BASIC BIOLOGY

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (62) (Reply)

Pastor David Elijah With Bundles Of Money After His Malaysia Trip (Photos) / Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics) / Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.