Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) (10471 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
lanrexlan: I understood your question.

Your question is like asking me why is it difficult to become a successful medical doctor? Almost 8years,studying,reading and doing a lot of practicals.Like I said,this material world is a test for the hereafter and you will have to work hard to achieve First class.Success don't come by easily,you will have to work harder towards it.
Allah said in the glorious Quran that if he had willed,he could have the whole of mankind as one nation submiting to his will.But He wants to use this world to test mankind how good they are in respect of their deeds.
I have explained to you that it's only the people that choose to follow the footsteps of satan.

Ok I understand your answer.
Allah wants us to find it difficult to worship him that's why he made it hard to attain paradise after making it easy initially.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
NL member:

Allah wants us to find it difficult to worship him that's why he made it hard to attain paradise after making it easy initially.
I don't think there's a way I can explain better than this.The purpose of life is worship.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
lanrexlan: I don't think there's a way I can explain better than this.The purpose of life is worship.....Peace
Yea, peace to you too.

I think it's really sad, the way hell is so horrible and yet allah made it hard to attain paradise. Really sad....
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 11:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
NL member:
Yea, peace to you too.

I think it's really sad, the way hell is so horrible and yet allah made it hard to attain paradise. Really sad....
Keep to your perspective.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 2:43am On Jun 27, 2013
lanrexlan: Keep to your perspective..

Yes I'll do that, especially since my perspective is the truth
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 9:29am On Jun 27, 2013
NL member:

Yes I'll do that, especially since my perspective is the truth
Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah Ta-ha 20:135-''Say:Each one is waiting,so wait you too and you shall know who are they that are on the straight and even path and who are they that have let themselves be guided''.
So let's wait till the Day Allah will settle the dispute.....Peace

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by greetings(f): 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
NL member:

If you believe and worship Allah swt verily he shall make it easy for you to attain paradise.
Allah gave us freewill Because He wanted to test us and see how much we love and fear him. I believe He made it unpleasant to those who would disobey.remember that Islam is a way of life, a complete one at that,and in every action there is a reward either good or bad. Which would be judged according to your intention. Example when you say lailahillallaah (there is no god except Allah) a tree is planted for you in paradise.but you have to not only say it mean it and act it. Even you earn a reward for removing a stone from the road. How easy is that you May ask? It Will depend on how you use your free Will. This Will lead you to attain paradise.

The same applies for the creation of shaytan and allowing him to whisper is a test of our faith and piety hence the aim of this world which is to worship and obey Allah alone not shaytan.
It is not hard to attain paradise,it depends on how you perceive worshiping Allah;hard or easy? Use your freewill to chose the right one.

I ask Allah to give you the hidaya to understand Islam and obey Him. On your part please open your heart,read the quran and do not use your wisdom to explain ayat and hadith,use the word of Allah to understand the word of of Allah. Verily if we were capable of using our own knowledge to relate with and govern ourselves justly there would be no need for Islam. We r simply not capable!
i hope that answers your questions.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
^^^ So allah makes it easy for those that believe and fear him? I still don't understand, why would he make it hard for anyone to attain paradise when he knows how terrible hell is? Is he deliberately trying to make sure many people end up in hell?
The question I am asking is
Why did Allah make it difficult to attain paradise?
WHY?
because he could have left it the way he made it initially, ie easy to enter, instead he changed it and made it hard to the point that Jubril commented that no one will enter paradise because of the difficulty involved.

Why did Allah do it? Or this one of those questions in Islam that have no answers?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
lanrexlan: Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah Ta-ha 20:135-''Say:Each one is waiting,so wait you too and you shall know who are they that are on the straight and even path and who are they that have let themselves be guided''.
So let's wait till the Day Allah will settle the dispute......Peace
I see, in other words you don't even know if what you're saying is true, you have to wait till the day of judgement to find out? Ok, go ahead and wait. Peace tongue
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
NL member:
I see, in other words you don't even know if what you're saying is true, you have to wait till the day of judgement to find out? Ok, go ahead and wait. Peace tongue
No need wasting my time replying you again.....Peace

2 Likes

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by vedaxcool(m): 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
Revelation 14:3–5 (ESV)

And they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. For it is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb, and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are blameless.

Most Christians according to this verse wouldn't near paradise as only 144, 000 people would eventually make paradise!
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by greetings(f): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
NL member: ^^^ So allah makes it easy for those that believe and fear him? I still don't understand, why would he make it hard for anyone to attain paradise when he knows how terrible hell is? Is he deliberately trying to make sure many people end up in hell?

The question I am asking is
Why did Allah make it difficult to attain paradise?
WHY?
because he could have left it the way he made it initially, ie easy to enter, instead he changed it and made it hard to the point that Jubril commented that no one will enter paradise because of the difficulty involved.

Why did Allah do it? Or this one of those questions in Islam that have no answers?

This question is like asking why jamb set their cutoff mark so high when they can put it at 0? Are they deliberately trying to make sure many people end up dropouts? Certainly not. The reason is obvious!

Why?
To see who would truly strive to obey him and consequently enter jannah. It would also prove that those who enter jannah are truly worthy of it. Not everyone is worthy.
The hadith you quoted is to make us understand that if you search for worldly desires one shall surely enter fire but when you worship even in difficulty you shall surely attain paradise.

Like i said earlier its a test for mankind to see how we use our freewill. Either good or bad there is a reward; paradise and hellfire. The reward for this worldly desire is hell. I noticed you have Read the quran,but please read up Surat at-takathur again,(Surat 102). Confirming that worldly desire(lust) only leads to hell.

Illustration;
When we prepare for exams,we keep distractions away to focus on our goal which is to pass or at least get the cutoff mark. We strive day and night to make sure we do.
Then the examiner sets the exams so that only those who truly studied Will pass. To show the brilliant ones.
Its a test!

I hope this answers your question.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
^^^You said before that if you believe in Allah and worship him then he will make it easy for you.
How will Allah know those believers and worshippers that will strive through hardships for him if he makes it easy for them?

And Allah doesn't need our worship for anything so I wonder why it is so crucial for humans to sacrifice their comfort and ease to worship him.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by greetings(f): 12:00am On Jun 28, 2013
NL member: ^^^You said before that if you believe in Allah and worship him then he will make it easy for you.
How will Allah know those believers and worshippers that will strive through hardships for him if he makes it easy for them?

And Allah doesn't need our worship for anything so I wonder why it is so crucial for humans to sacrifice their comfort and ease to worship him.

how will Allah know those believers and worshippers that will strive through hardships for him if he makes it easy for them?
What I said is IF you believe He Will make it easy for you,the first condition is to believe then worship which means you are obeying. Hence you have strove hard to attain paradise. Which means he has tested you have shown obedience,definitely Allah is the helper of the believers.
Because he has tested you already,the first test is to show your faith in Him. Which you have passed then he makes the rest easy for you. A believer Will only feel it is easy because he has believed. Note that a believers intention has been followed by actions.Example is prophet Ibrahim a.s whom Allah ordered to sacrifice his ONLY son and he told his son who even encouraged him. He was about to slaughter him when Allah stopped him. Verily,you can imagine how hard this is for both of them but they obeyed and Allah made it easy for both of them. Why? They strove and believed and had faith.
Another case was when Ibrahim a.s was to be burnt and he did not hesitate,this is the height of faith he had shown,he did not even try to run away,and Allah made it easy for him by commanding the fire not to burn.
Hence,If you believe in him he shall make it easier for you to attain paradise.
i hope this answers your first question.
Ps,second answer coming up please.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by greetings(f): 8:56am On Jun 28, 2013
Secondly, why should we worship Him when he doesn't need our worship?

In the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful. i believe Allah created us because He loves us. When Adam was created, he was placed in jannah and because Allah loved Adam a.s he created for him Hawaa(adam's wife). Allah placed adam in jannah. Jannah is a magnificent place to be placed in. This therefore means to me that Allah intended for us to be happy always, cause the first thing He did when He created Adam is place him in jannah. Allah gave adam a free will that hethe name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful. In my opinion i believe Allah created us because He loves us. When Adam was created, he was placed in jannah and because Allah loved Adam a.s he created for him Hawaa(adam's wife). Allah placed adam in jannah. Jannah is a magnificent place to be placed in. This therefore means to me that Allah intended for us to be happy always, cause the first thing He did when He created Adam is place him in jannah. Allah gave adam a free will that he did not give the angels,so adam would do as he wished when in jannah, and he gave adam knowledge. That shows you how much Allah loved Adam, he therefore also loves adam's descendants very much.

To ask yourself why did Allah create me and place me on earth and put all these negative feelings in me and obligations, is human but comes from the shaitan. You ask, why did Allah create me?why didnt i get to have a say on whether i should be created or not, what use is there for my creation, when Allah has no need of my worship, thats true. Allah has no need.PERIOD!!!, but lets go back to the beginning of creation.

Say when adam was created, and was placed in jannah with his wife, he didn't disobey Allah, and shaitan also did not disobey. We wouldn't be discussing this cause we would be busy in all the delights in jannah.imagine being brought to existence just so that you are put in pure bliss and happiness. Adam was tricked and disobeyed and as Allah's will, because Allah wills what He wants to will and it isn't for us to question Allah, He willed we come down to earth. And because He loves us, he created a world for us and senses and knowledge to utilize and comprehend this world. And gave us guidance by sending prophets to remind us of our origin, this too is an assistance and mercy from Allah cause when He told us to descend He would have left us without guidance and prophets and thus all of us would live in a chaotic world that has no good in it, a world that is a literal hell, because man is like an animal and worse without guidance,if you don't trust me go to somalia or countries with collapsed governments and when you're violated go to the lawless government to help you. I think you get my point.!

Now this world in itself is jannah but we are the ones that made it hell. The guidance He sent us is to guide the soul back to bliss, back to happiness when the souls was with its lord, because just as our physical body needs food, the soul needs its Creator because it originated from Him.So this guidance is in form of dikr and prayer and good deeds, how else would we know about this without Allah,subhanallah.when adam was in jannah he was sinless and the soul was near its Lord so there wasn't these acts of worship, but now that the soul has descended, its still need to be near its Lord, thus these acts become necessary, not because Allah will benefit(a'udubilah) but because the soul will benefit, it is its nature to crave for nearness to its lord and without Allah the soul will die.

So when Allah s.w.t, all praises and thanks be to him says in His Most noble Qur'an,that He did not create man and jinn except that they may worship him. This is so, and Allah knows best, for our sake,because He loves us He wants life for our souls. If we go against the souls true need for Allah, we bring about unhappiness. So why DID Allah create us? He created us cause He wanted to create us. He brought us from nothingness and elevated man to high level. He is Great and infinite and to ask that will cause doubt in our hearts and to question Allah which is un-Islamic and ingratitude. We do not ask why Allah did something, we believe in him and His infinite knowledge and Allah is All Good and Merciful and Oft forgiving. If you ask me, asking such questions makes us ever more ungrateful, and we do not deserve to be existent if we result to questioning Allah. We seek refuge in Allah from the evil of our own souls. May He guide as and give us life, And May He forgive us our endless countless sins.ameen

Qur'an [21:23]
He is not questioned about what He does, but they will be questioned.

Qur'an [44:38]
And We did not create the heavens and earth and that between them in play.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
my question is specifically for tbaba, i think it can go on this thread [not sure], since the title also says questions about muslims.

@ tbaba

even though i'm not muslim, i've followed some of your threads occasionally.

i'm curious about some of these things:

-are you single or in a relationship:

I assume you're single [correct me if i'm wrong]

- are you currently looking for a SO, if no, why not

-if yes, what are your requirements of a potential partner? ie what attributes do you look for? Of course we know she must be muslim, but what level of commitment do you require?

- do you see yourself with, or would you allow yourself to "date" a moderate muslim? [moderate as in, more moderate than you, relatively speaking. I'm not saying you're moderate, per se]

-if so, would you require the person to practice a stricter form of the religion once you settle down

just curious, that's all.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2013
tpia@:
my question is specifically for tbaba, i think it can go on this thread [not sure], since the title also says questions about muslims.

@ tbaba

even though i'm not muslim, i've followed some of your threads occasionally.

i'm curious about some of these things:

-are you single or in a relationship:

I assume you're single [correct me if i'm wrong]

- are you currently looking for a SO, if no, why not

-if yes, what are your requirements of a potential partner? ie what attributes do you look for? Of course we know she must be muslim, but what level of commitment do you require?

- do you see yourself with, or would you allow yourself to "date" a moderate muslim? [moderate as in, more moderate than you, relatively speaking. I'm not saying you're moderate, per se]

-if so, would you require the person to practice a stricter form of the religion once you settle down

just curious, that's all.
Please brother,this thread is For questions about Islam and muslims in general.I don't think brother Tbaba can be giving out his private information.Why don't you mail him?.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tbaba1234: 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
Tpia, paste your questions here:

https://www.nairaland.com/751801/muslim-singles-let-us-talk

I would answer.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:14am On Jul 02, 2013
lanrexlan: Please brother,this thread is For questions about Islam and muslims in general.I don't think brother Tbaba can be giving out his private information.Why don't you mail him?.....Peace

alright, didnt mean to rock the boat, i just felt tbaba's answers would reflect those of a wider range of muslims, since he's a scholar of sorts.

will repost elsewhere.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:15am On Jul 07, 2013
what types of shows (cartoons, movies, etc), would you, as a muslim, consider halal?

question is for lanrexlan.

tbaba can also contribute, would like your opinion.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 07, 2013
u meant haram?

bTW T.v is haram tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:29am On Jul 07, 2013
no, i meant halal ie permissive.

i dont think tv is considered haram, i stand corrected if wrong.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:30am On Jul 07, 2013
tpia@:
what types of shows (cartoons, movies, etc), would you, as a muslim, consider halal?

question is for lanrexlan.

tbaba can also contribute, would like your opinion.

Wow, tpia are you on your way to becoming a Muslim or something? The way you ask questions these days sef...
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:31am On Jul 07, 2013
second question for lanrexlan:

is your user id your name *2?

ie lanre-x- then lanre.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:32am On Jul 07, 2013
fellis:

Wow, tpia are you on your way to becoming a Muslim or something? The way you ask questions these days sef...

the thread expressly says questions, whats wrong with my contributions?

i'm just curious and since you folks kindly opened a thread for such, i obliged.

mucho gracias.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 07, 2013
tpia@:
no, i meant halal ie permissive.

i dont think tv is considered haram, i stand corrected if wrong.
okay.

and u don't know those people oo wink
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:33am On Jul 07, 2013
she's is becoming Pagan cool cool
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:35am On Jul 07, 2013
good luck with that.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:35am On Jul 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: okay.

and u don't know those people oo wink

actually, i do, or i believe i do, to some extent.

i know muslims are technically supposed to make war on christians (real christians that is), however, sometimes there could be interludes when each side has to refuel.

peace is but the intervals between war.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 07, 2013
tpia@:

the thread expressly says questions, whats wrong with my contributions?

i'm just curious and since you folks kindly opened a thread for such, i obliged.

mucho gracias.

Idon't think cartoons are halaal, because drawing of living things is prohibited in Islam, Muslims are not supposed to recreate god's creation by drawing them.
Therefore, I think watching cartoons or gaining enjoyment from haraam creations is forbidden.
Allahu alim smiley
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 07, 2013
tpia@:

actually, i do, or i believe i do, to some extent.
okay. be careful.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:40am On Jul 07, 2013
^ so, basically you're saying no cartoons are halal, and all are haram?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

On Zakatul Fitr / Kinds Of Leisure And Entertainment That Are Permissible In Islam / Halal And Haram (permitted And Nonpermitted Acts In Islam)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.