Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:38 AM

No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section (13195 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by GalaxyNoteII: 12:35am On Apr 10, 2013
Funny how the ibos on this thread are insulting Yorubas just because Seun appointed another ibo armchair.

What's even more funny is their unhidden posts.

Welcome na. Another Afam, ko si wahala kiss
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ngwakwe: 12:39am On Apr 10, 2013
The referee don't award penalty for friendly tackles irrespective of how dangerous they are.

Her use of Ibo is an Own Goal.

dayokanu:

https://www.nairaland.com/1252100/ohanaeze-ndi-igbo-supports-amnesty-boko/2#15161778

Ikenna New Mod take note. 7 days ban

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Freewilly(f): 12:41am On Apr 10, 2013
When are we going to get a female Moderator in the politics section, I'm just fine with the Mods we have right now but I just think we need a female point of view in the politics section too.Also oga new moderator lighten up a bit my brother, who know a lot of times we Nigerian like to yab each other. I hope you will not ban us when we yab OK. Serious is good but work without play....
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by 2legit2qwt: 12:42am On Apr 10, 2013
Galaxy.Note.II:
Funny how the ibos on this thread are insulting Yorubas just because Seun appointed another ibo armchair.

What's even more funny is their unhidden posts.

Welcome na. Another Afam, ko si wahala kiss
Shut up angry angry
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by GalaxyNoteII: 12:42am On Apr 10, 2013
Eko Ile:

A very misguided and pointless approach.

Maybe you need to work on the highlighted first before talking about moderation which going by your post is going to be difficult for you and hazardous for NL.

Lmaooooooo I loff this dude grin
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Demdem(m): 12:43am On Apr 10, 2013
ndu_chucks: Welcome aboard Mallam Ikenna,we wish you success in your new duty.

I'd like to point out that one of your critical success factors is consistency and you must strive to be consistent and work with your co moderators with mutual respect and support. I point your attention to this post by the senior moderator of this section and recommend that you stick with the stipulations therein so as not to introduce confusion in the section or spend the goodwill frequent politics section posters may have or potentially have for you.

As the senior moderator stated above, this is the rule of the section and if "oga at the top"has said otherwise,you should let us know else you will appear to be making the senior moderator appear to be an im.becile.

Once again, good luck to you.

U av a good point here. There is a need to know the exact laws we are being governed with. Is this section governed by NL rules or ikenna's rules? Seun needs to come out and tell us if Ikenna's rules now overides the forum rules. This should be well stated.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by GalaxyNoteII: 12:43am On Apr 10, 2013
2legit2qwt:
Shut up angry angry

Mtchewwwwwwwww.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ngwakwe: 12:46am On Apr 10, 2013
He is not a new moderator rather he is on transfer and has just been promoted to super-moderator.

ndu_chucks: Welcome aboard Mallam Ikenna,we wish you success in your new duty.

I'd like to point out that one of your critical success factors is consistency and you must strive to be consistent and work with your co moderators with mutual respect and support. I point your attention to this post by the senior moderator of this section and recommend that you stick with the stipulations therein so as not to introduce confusion in the section or spend the goodwill frequent politics section posters may have or potentially have for you.

As the senior moderator stated above, this is the rule of the section and if "oga at the top"has said otherwise,you should let us know else you will appear to be making the senior moderator appear to be an im.becile.

Once again, good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Demdem(m): 12:47am On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351: Keep calling me bluff while posts get hidden and usernames get banned. You guys really dont know me.

Ikenna.
grin grin
Pride comes first before a fall. grin grin
Ask Afam, he even went further by advertising those he banned. I wonder why he suddenly stopped.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Demdem(m): 12:51am On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351:

Thats my mission as a moderator in this section. Dont worry, let them bring up all their usernames. Am waiting for them.

Please, dont hesitate to report such post with such tribal offensive words/names in this thread, with the link. Would appreciate it.

Ikenna.

Noted. Not even our monthly debates which we all are clamoring for, Chai.
This is a misplaced priority in my opinion.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Demdem(m): 12:56am On Apr 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: The referee don't award penalty for friendly tackles irrespective of how dangerous they are.

Her use of Ibo is an Own Goal.

Did u read ikennas opening speech? Which part do u not understand? Friendly or loving tackle is bunkum. Penalty to be awarded against the offender.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Demdem(m): 1:03am On Apr 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: He is not a new moderator rather he is on transfer and has just been promoted to super-moderator.

And where do u get this from? He is just a co-mod and he himself stated this and not a super mod like Alhaja Mukina, admin's kiss kiss sweetheart.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by seanet01: 1:12am On Apr 10, 2013
2legit2qwt:

That ain't the point, it's ok to love your tribe/more but the problem is where you draw the line. Don't attack other tribes or try to incite hatred in any form or shape.
He used the word "Tribalism"
So i addressed it head on except he does not understand what he posted there, you know those products of the abandoned free education in south east Nigeria
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by mike404(m): 1:57am On Apr 10, 2013
passion007: This is by far the most interesting thread on NL. Couldn't stop laughing... Eko Ile my sister, I commiserate with you on your impending ban.

Dayokanu, Alj Harem - my condolences.

Ikenna, I'll be back in a week to see whether the bushmeat is now, contrary to expectation, hot on the hunter's trail.

Frankly, I used to ask everyone I met to register on NL, but over the past year I stopped doing that as I was actually introducing them to an evil they hitherto didn't know existed.
Nice move BTW.
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by EkoIle1: 2:49am On Apr 10, 2013
Ngwakwe:

The reply to Ikenna's plea for calmness
and civility is yet again being protested
against by the very progenitors of
tribalism in Nairaland.

It is left for Seun to know that some
obdurate self acclaimed intellectuals have
a mission to set on fire and infect any new
entrant with hate, sectionalism,
selfishness, see no evil, talk no evil and
critic no evil provided it's from our tribe.

The worst of this evil mandate is that, it's
being engineered by diasporan
Nairalanders, political parties foot soldiers
and tribal supremacist parading
themselves as all knowing political and
social critics with tribalistic undertone.

It is now high time that everybody stop
acting by impulse to daily political and
social occurrences.

The level of hate generated daily by our
discussions in Political Section can fuel
40,000MW turbine. Enough to give us the
much needed 24hours daily power
supply.

Moreover, if I may say, much of these
malevolent topics are encouraged by the
moderators who place them on home
page.

Please mind your own business..

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by wesley80(m): 5:03am On Apr 10, 2013
Is it impossible to filter the words "Ibo" and "Yoruba" like was done for a word like breast ?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Afam4eva(m): 5:55am On Apr 10, 2013
wesley80: Is it impossible to filter the words "Ibo" and "Yoruba" like was done for a word like breast ?
People will still go ahead to mispell it just to bypass the filter.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 10, 2013
Welcome ......

Let me advise you that the use of force alone can't win this type of battle....you still need to appeal to people's understanding.

I wish you well..
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Emperor007: 7:37am On Apr 10, 2013
Our Yansh: I remember how Afam was jumping up and down like a drunk Kangaroo when he was made a MOD. He went about proclaiming himself the Messiah sent from heaven to tackle tribalism in politics section. I recall how he went from one thread to the other warning, banning and announcing those who've been banned.

Less than 4 months into his tenure he has obviously failed WOEFULLY!! Initial Gra Gra (IGG) doesn't ever work.....

Meanwhile I hope our new Oga can adopt the Monthly Debate that has been abandoned by Afam since Jarus' resignation....

^^^

Ikenna,

I hope he's already on 7 days ban

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by OurYansh: 7:45am On Apr 10, 2013
Emperor_007:

^^^

Ikenna,

I hope he's already on 7 days ban

So in your irreparably skewed brain the new MOD is‎​ intellectually incapable of spotting a tribal slur....abi??

Are you now his HOUSE-BOY??

If you've nothing sensible to say, kindly STFU!! OLODO!!!

Mr. Slave_007...

cool
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by splashbaby(m): 8:39am On Apr 10, 2013
Attn: Ikenna! Most of the tribal warlords are gradually showing up on this thread...Honestly you ruffled their feathers with the title. I will advice you to mark their name now...sooner or later you will have to descend on them...you don't have to look too far.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Promoe(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2013
[size=32pt]When a post like this is given, initial gra-gra becomes the 'order of the day'. Ask Brother Afam grin[/size]
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351: Keep calling me bluff while posts get hidden and usernames get banned. You guys really dont know me.

Ikenna.
wahala dey o! Thank God i have repented of bigotry. hallelujah!

I hope you also ban those that throw insults because na dat one dey pain me pass.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by slimghost(m): 9:54am On Apr 10, 2013
@IKENNA

God bless your intentions. Am also tired of this tribal slurs on NL, its really becoming sickening. FYI, its IGBO and not IBO, so i'd expect you to ban anybody using such word as IBO, likewise anyone using Yoruba instead of YORUBA. We need some sanity in here.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by tomakint: 10:01am On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351:

Thats my mission as a moderator in this section. Dont worry, let them bring up all their usernames. Am waiting for them.

Please, dont hesitate to report such post with such tribal offensive words/names in this thread, with the link. Would appreciate it.

Ikenna.
Seriously, I love this Mod, I strongly believe he will bring the much expected 'sanity' to this forum!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Jakumo(m): 10:59am On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna you is da man, but you must be BRUTAL in your resolve to INSTANTLY delete any discussion topic that degenerates into inter-tribal name-calling, while banning repeat offenders with extreme prejudice whenever necessary.

The politics section of Nairaland should be dedicated to intelligent and mature discussion or disputation, and should not be permitted to deteriorate into a slug-fest of loud-mouthed area-boys who cannot distinguish between respectful differences of opinion on one hand, and repetitious hate-mongering noise on the other.

Delete all that hate-speak with reckless abandon, and plough the authors under so their fetid corpses can fertilize the land for a regrowth of civility in Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by TableLeg(m): 11:07am On Apr 10, 2013
Eko Ile:

A very misguided and pointless approach.

Maybe you need to work on the highlighted first before talking about moderation which going by your post is going to be difficult for you and hazardous for NL.

grin
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 10, 2013
So which section will Afam be moderating? Abeg make una carry am go Food Section. No too much gra gra for there. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How We Uncovered Saraki’s N375m London Property – Witness / Gov. Aregbesola Bags Doctorate Degree In Public Administration(photos) / (Busted Wit Pic) The Lady Interviewing Is A Buhari Supporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.