Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section (13011 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by nuclearboy(m): 11:19am On Apr 10, 2013
Its puzzling.....

The Yoruba tribal lords believe they are better than the Igbo! So how do they prove it? By proving themselves more idiotic, childish, churlish, abusive and adolescent.

Same with the Igbo lords!

My understanding is that I will NOT dignify someone who I wish to see as beneath me, with an alternative brand of idiocy!

I totally support Ikenna in this and hope people would re-consider his words - the tribal wars and jealousies that have consumed millions of lives in Africa and which our "leaders" have always provided tinder for, are the reason why we haven't progressed! Awolowo and Azikwe were civil to each other, and so were Soyinka and Achebe!

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by TableLeg(m): 11:23am On Apr 10, 2013
berem: So which section will Afam be moderating? Abeg make una carry am go Food Section. No too much gra gra for there. lipsrsealed
Afam can be Ikenna's messenger .. I think he should also help draw up a list of all the tribalistic vagabonds and bigots in the section and send them to Ikenna to review and monitor
Afam can also help Ikenna carry Ikenna's briefcase, containing reams of documents detailing the "do's" and "dont's" of the politics section for a moderator!

Ikenna,

Me i no send you ooo ... I am not tribalistic nor do i have bigoted views and opinions, but one thing i am notorious for is to let rip if anyone asks for it... I dont fear anyone on this forum, not even the owner and YOU....
A ban doesnt bother me either but we good, as long as you good, and others are good!
Peace dude

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 10, 2013
Our Yansh:

So in your irreparably skewed brain the new MOD is‎​ intellectually incapable of spotting a tribal slur....abi??

Are you now his HOUSE-BOY??

If you've nothing sensible to say, kindly STFU!! OLODO!!!

Mr. Slave_007...

cool

Ikenna, has this dude been banned already....meet ur words with action.
For me i have repented, somebody shout halleluya, the reason is that i can be ban by that
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ikenna351(m): 12:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
Also, if you cannot live without insulting your fellow human being; if insulting fellow members here is what is still keeping you in Nairaland, then make sure you do not insult his/her siblings, spouse, parents or children. If a member offends or abuse you; if you have an issue with a Nairalander in Politics section, deal with him or her directly. Do not bring in his/her siblings, parents, children, wife, husband or tribe by insulting them. If i come accross such posts, i will do the needful. Thanks.

Ikenna.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by TableLeg(m): 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351: Also, if you cannot live without insulting your fellow human being; if insulting fellows members here is what still keeps you in Nairaland, then make sure you do not insult his/her siblings, parents or children. If a member offends or abuse you; if you have an issue with a Nairalander in Politics section, deal with he or her directly. Do not bring in his/her siblings, parents, children, wife, husband or tribe by insulting them. If i come accross such posts, i will do the needful. Thanks.
Ikenna.

To put it simply, if a nutjob on the section calls me an idio...t, i can call him a fu..cking tosspot, without getting a ban or something, right?!
Anyway it doesnt matter, i go with the flow and my mood regardless of any ban!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351: This morning, the Admin, Mr. Seun, increased my responsibility as a moderator in Nairaland. He made me a co-mod in Politics section. I took the job simply to team up with OAM4J & Afam4eva to fight this deadly virus eating up this Politics section. So, my priority here is to deal with the virus.

Its too shameful what some of the adults here are teaching our children. An innocent kid registers in Nairaland, the first thing he or she is taught is to hate his neighour, schoolmates, classmates or even best friends, simply because they are from different tribes. You maynot be directly teaching them how to hate an innocent fellow human being at home or in school, but you are directly doing that here.

Ojukwu made mistake in the past, what about it? Awolowo did the same, what about it? My father must have made some mistakes in the past and so what? I have made some mistakes in the past that am not proud of and so wetin come happen? An what about you blaming another tribe or prominent figure for an alleged mistake(s)? Are you saying you have never done something in the past that you always regret whenever you remember them? Show me, who is that perfect man? Cant we let the past be and see what the future have for us?

The 1994 Rwandan Genocide, a clash/manslaugther between Tutsis and Hutsis ethnic groups, which claimed about 1 million lives, didnt just happen. It started like what we are doing here. Creating & Promoting hatred. Sudan is not left out. We may call it e-tribal fight, but dont understimate what it does in our minds, which translate one way or another in our personal lives offline.

Ojukwu is Ojukwu. Type anything other than that and i will ban you. Awolowo is Awolowo, anything short of that warrants ban from me. Achebe is Achebe. Type anything else, then we shall see. Am not a baby, i know a typo when i see one. I have taken my time to study and see some people deliberately address such people with offensive names. If you can spell your name correctly, then you have no reason not to spell Ojukwu, Achebe or Awolowo correctly.

Unfortunately, some of the Igbos were raised outside the Eastern part of the country. They are the ones that would argue that Ibo is the right pronounciation and spelling, rather than Igbo. Well, i wont blame them. Few of our fathers who had their formal education during colonial era wrongly still write as they were taught by the whiteman. Some are still victims of mental colonization. Ibo maynot be an issue outside Nairaland, but it has become one in Nairaland, deliberately used to instigate tribal war in Politics section. For the sake of peace,please use your Ibo outside Politics section. Likewise, dont address anyother tribe with an offensive name, claiming you read it in a book or you found it on google.

If you an Igbo and think I wont ban you because am an Igbo too when you call a Yoruba "Yoruba", i will first ban you even if the yoruba fellow first insulted you. Prefential treatment is not in my dictionary. And note that the duration of my ban is usually 7 days.

I have not hidden any post yet or ban anyone, but as soon as this is posted, i will get to work. I have not become anyone's enemy yet. I maynot have time for other offences, but not for tribalism. Wont spare anyone, even if you are a friend. If you dont like my style of mod, you better start your petition to the admin to remove me before i fully start. Because, i wont spare any tribalist here who refuses to change.

Depending on the degree of the insult against another tribe, i may hide the post, ban the username or both.

Ikenna.

It's a good thing to attempt to moderate the affairs of contributors. However, it will sink into dictatorship and absurdity if you attempt to moderate their thought, expression or viewpoints. You cannot say that someone must be banned because he has expressed a sectional, ethnic or tribal view, such a person is entitled to his/her expression. You can, however, delete their comments if in your view such comment is inappropriate or un acceptable. So far, most insulting and inappropriate comments have been tolerated on Nairaland. Therefore, I am yet to see what the fuss is all about. The fact that I write Ibo instead of Igbo is not grammatically incorrect. There are many books written by intellectuals that can be cited to defend this spellings. However, it will be inappropriate to spell Hausa as Honsa. It is appropriate to spell Yoruba as Yooba as this is equally correct. However, to save yourself the dilemma , I will suggest you limit your ban to insulting comments and not bother with the rules of grammar as you have not proven that you are an expert in this field. Best of luck
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dibiachukwu: 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
The beginning of the end of a forum that once was. Go to youtube, yahoo and see the amount of venom there. Why do Nigerians have to practice their corruption everywhere. If I feel like insulting a person, ethnic group, race, religion or any thing whatsoever, I have the right to do so. That is why I was given the right of speech by CHUKWU.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 12:49pm On Apr 10, 2013
Finally a knight of light. May you be empowered both physically and metapysically to fight this worthy course and may your campaign raise the standard in this forum and cause a chain reaction that will lead to the new Nigeria we all dream of. All the warriors and vikings of light are with thee o young warlock.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by OurYansh: 1:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
kayci_d77:

Ikenna, has this dude been banned already....meet ur words with action.
For me i have repented, somebody shout halleluya, the reason is that i can be ban by that

Hey dude can you now quit stalking my hairy AR5E??

No homo....ok??

cool
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351: This morning, the Admin, Mr. Seun, increased my responsibility as a moderator in Nairaland. He made me a co-mod in Politics section. I took the job simply to team up with OAM4J & Afam4eva to fight this deadly virus eating up this Politics section. So, my priority here is to deal with the virus.

Its too shameful what some of the adults here are teaching our children. An innocent kid registers in Nairaland, the first thing he or she is taught is to hate his neighour, schoolmates, classmates or even best friends, simply because they are from different tribes. You maynot be directly teaching them how to hate an innocent fellow human being at home or in school, but you are directly doing that here.

Ojukwu made mistake in the past, what about it? Awolowo did the same, what about it? My father must have made some mistakes in the past and so what? I have made some mistakes in the past that am not proud of and so wetin come happen? An what about you blaming another tribe or prominent figure for an alleged mistake(s)? Are you saying you have never done something in the past that you always regret whenever you remember them? Show me, who is that perfect man? Cant we let the past be and see what the future have for us?

The 1994 Rwandan Genocide, a clash/manslaugther between Tutsis and Hutsis ethnic groups, which claimed about 1 million lives, didnt just happen. It started like what we are doing here. Creating & Promoting hatred. Sudan is not left out. We may call it e-tribal fight, but dont understimate what it does in our minds, which translate one way or another in our personal lives offline.

Ojukwu is Ojukwu. Type anything other than that and i will ban you. Awolowo is Awolowo, anything short of that warrants ban from me. Achebe is Achebe. Type anything else, then we shall see. Am not a baby, i know a typo when i see one. I have taken my time to study and see some people deliberately address such people with offensive names. If you can spell your name correctly, then you have no reason not to spell Ojukwu, Achebe or Awolowo correctly.

Unfortunately, some of the Igbos were raised outside the Eastern part of the country. They are the ones that would argue that Ibo is the right pronounciation and spelling, rather than Igbo. Well, i wont blame them. Few of our fathers who had their formal education during colonial era wrongly still write as they were taught by the whiteman. Some are still victims of mental colonization. Ibo maynot be an issue outside Nairaland, but it has become one in Nairaland, deliberately used to instigate tribal war in Politics section. For the sake of peace,please use your Ibo outside Politics section. Likewise, dont address anyother tribe with an offensive name, claiming you read it in a book or you found it on google.

If you an Igbo and think I wont ban you because am an Igbo too when you call a Yoruba "Yoruba", i will first ban you even if the yoruba fellow first insulted you. Prefential treatment is not in my dictionary. And note that the duration of my ban is usually 7 days.

I have not hidden any post yet or ban anyone, but as soon as this is posted, i will get to work. I have not become anyone's enemy yet. I maynot have time for other offences, but not for tribalism. Wont spare anyone, even if you are a friend. If you dont like my style of mod, you better start your petition to the admin to remove me before i fully start. Because, i wont spare any tribalist here who refuses to change.

Depending on the degree of the insult against another tribe, i may hide the post, ban the username or both.

Ikenna.

This is a sort of twisted issue I have with so-called Ndigbo. Most of them seemed, at times, hell bent to save Nigeria thereby putting them selves in a precarious situation. Are you insinuating that Yoruba is not and has not been referred as Yoruba, Yoruba or Yooba or Igbo has not been referred as Ibo or Hausa has not been referred as Hausawa, Haoussa, Ausa or Habe etc?

The display in above post is one reason I am suing for disintegration of Nigeria into nation states so that the inhabitants of the resultant nation states will be free in mind to articulate ideas without minding the mindset of next door neighbor. I never thought that one day I had to associate “Boko" with terrorism. Must we ban the usage of “Boko” in our lingo because one idiotic and Islamic sect decided to use it in the name of a terrorist group?

It remains an idiotic attempt by anybody to curb tribal bias on nairaland when such instances are institutionalized by Nigeria and government of Nigeria.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2013
Congratulation New Moderator...

Ikenna u be Iron-Mod ooo......Nairaland is gonna reach 2million before the end of Second quarter grin

we need a Ghanian and South African Moderator very soon.......to stop International Tribal attack too cheesy
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by dayokanu(m): 7:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
Policewoman: And who asked for your opinion? If Ohaneze decides to ask for Amnesty for the bokos in order to make Kano safer for [size=18pt]ibos[/size], how does that concern your broke yoruba ass? I did not see you venting such steam when your yoruba party APC led by Tinubu vivited the north, donated N200 million to the Boko coffers and even called for Amnesty for them. Or have u now suddenly developed selective amnesia?

https://www.nairaland.com/1252100/ohanaeze-ndi-igbo-supports-amnesty-boko/2#15161778

Ikenna New Mod take note. 7 days ban

Apparently the new mod is just blowing hot air or he came with a selective agenda

This poster has not been banned for the 7 days mandated for the word in bold
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
dayokanu:

https://www.nairaland.com/1252100/ohanaeze-ndi-igbo-supports-amnesty-boko/2#15161778

Apparently the new mod is just blowing hot air or he came with a selective agenda

you sabi complain no be small.haba!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by dayokanu(m): 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
berem: you sabi complain no be small.haba!

Na to make the mod follow the rule he laid out

We need to help our mod so he wont be a failure like Afam
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by OurYansh: 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Don't mind the dude. History might just repeat itself.. Dude doesn't even know what's up here...

I'll just sit back and watch him fail like his brother Afam..
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Na to make the mod follow the rule he laid out

We need to help our mod so he wont be a failure like Afam
Abeg leave Afam alone! He is a CEREMONIAL MODERATOR. grin

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ikenna351(m): 8:05pm On Apr 10, 2013
dayokanu:

"....Unfortunately, some of the Igbos were raised outside the Eastern part of the country. They are the ones that would argue that Ibo is the right pronounciation and spelling, rather than Igbo. Well, i wont blame them. Few of our fathers who had their formal education during colonial era wrongly still write as they were taught by the whiteman. Some are still victims of mental colonization. Ibo maynot be an issue outside Nairaland, but it has become one in Nairaland, deliberately used to instigate tribal war in Politics section. For the sake of peace,please use your Ibo outside Politics section. Likewise, dont address anyother tribe with an offensive name, claiming you read it in a book or you found it on google.... "

I thought they claimed you tribalists in this section are intellectuals? Whats difficult in understanding the above quote?

Some are hidden, while the edited ones have been unhidden. The grace period on Ibo & Yoruba is on countdown.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by FreeGlobe(f): 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
This Mod will think he is Kim Jong Un until he is slapped with reality. cheesy cheesy By the way Mod, this is the politics section were scam is not allowed. Can you confirm to us that the advert in your signature is legit. I hope you are not capitalizing on your promotion to advertise your products in blue here. unban Mr. Globe now!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351:

"....Unfortunately, some of the Igbos were raised outside the Eastern part of the country. They are the ones that would argue that Ibo is the right pronounciation and spelling, rather than Igbo. Well, i wont blame them. Few of our fathers who had their formal education during colonial era wrongly still write as they were taught by the whiteman. Some are still victims of mental colonization. Ibo maynot be an issue outside Nairaland, but it has become one in Nairaland, deliberately used to instigate tribal war in Politics section. For the sake of peace,please use your Ibo outside Politics section. Likewise, dont address anyother tribe with an offensive name, claiming you read it in a book or you found it on google.... "

I thought they claimed you tribalists in this section are intellectuals? Whats difficult in understanding the above quote?

Some are hidden, while the edited ones have been unhidden. The grace period on Ibo & Yoruba is on countdown.

Ikenna.

What has nairaland turned into lately? Why all these idiotic censorships? Please note that nairaland is not a gateway to heaven or even hell. I know few knuckleheads who would think it is gateway to hell.

Blog sites are places of learning the good, bad and ugly. There are many dumbass junks who did not know Hausa is also known as Hausawa or Yoruba is known as Yooba or Igbo is Ibo. Even lately, I had to find out that Taroh is Tarok.

Nigeria remains a tribal melting pot until otherwise noted. According Dr. Nathaniel Fadipe, in his book published in 1944, it a delusional idiocy for any Nigerian to think he\she is detribalized.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dede1:
Nigeria remains a tribal melting pot until otherwise noted. According Dr. Nathaniel Fadipe, in a book published in 1944, it a delusional idiocy for any Nigerian to think he\she is detribalized.

True. "Tribalism" is institutionalized in Nigeria.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
Prof Corruption:

True. "Tribalism" is institutionalized in Nigeria.

It takes a lapper not to know tribalism is institutionalized in Nigeria. There are federal character and quota system policies aggressively pursued by the federal government of Nigeria. Even credit should be given to the people who initially designed this site for having the presence of the mind to carve out a section aptly called Ethnic, Racial or Sectarian Politics.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ikenna351(m): 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
Life can be so interesting! See as all the tribalists are gradually showing themselves here, giving me the opportunity to note them, making the task easier for me. God, you are so wonderful! Please keep identifying yourself, the roll-call is still on going.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ikenna351(m): 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dede1:

Even credit should be given to the people who initially designed this site for having the presence of the mind to carve out a section aptly called Ethnic, Racial or Sectarian Politics.

I love this. God has a way of bringing out the truth: The mouth that speak lies, will someday speak the truth.

Since you have acknowledged there is a section carved out for you tribalists, what are you guys doing here in this section? You can even become first king of tribalists in that section you know.

Relocate their and spread your poison or virus. Once in a while, we will peep in to know to see how many have survived the virus. At least, we will make sure you guys are quarantined there.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351: Life can be so interesting! See as all the tribalists are gradually showing themselves here, giving me the opportunity to note them, making the task easier for me. God, you are so wonderful! Please keep identifying yourself, the roll-call is still on going.

Ikenna.
lol! You never see anything. Abeg bros,I no follow o! I swear i no follow for the roll call at all! just count me out i use God name beg you. grin
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351: Life can be so interesting! See as all the tribalists are gradually showing themselves here, giving me the opportunity to note them, making the task easier for me. God, you are so wonderful! Please keep identifying yourself, the roll-call is still on going.

Ikenna.

Bros, I hope you are not deluding yourself. I can cease to navigate to nairaland today and it will not matter a stench. I wished there is a billable slot on nairaland to mark time of visit. I am Igbo chap and not Yoruba, Habe, Fulani, Ibibio, Ijo, Edo, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Tarok, Birom Efik, Angas, Tiv, Idoma, Igala, Jukun, Kanuri, etc.

Nothing can induce me to change my skin spots. I shall even die as Igbo chap.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351:

I love this. God has a way of bringing out the truth: The mouth that speak lies, will someday speak the truth.

Since you have acknowledged there is a section carved out for you tribalists, what are you guys doing here in this section? You can even become first king of tribalists in that section you know.

Relocate their and spread your poison or virus. Once in a while, we will peep in to know to see how many have survived the virus. At least, we will make sure you guys are quarantined there.

Ikenna.

I hope you are not being carried away by the position of moderator on narialand. If not, it is unfathomable what granted you the effrontery to insult me by the above crap you vomited.
I wish you are saddled with incurable virus that will have you quarantined for the rest of miserable life.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by OurYansh: 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351: Since you have acknowledged there is a section carved out for you tribalists, what are you guys doing here in this section? You can even become first king of tribalists in that section you know.

Ikenna.

The above shows why you're actually still a trainee MOD. You should sit at OAM419's feet learning how politics section works.

The section you talked about isn't a section meant for Tribal E-wars but for topics that border on ethnicity, secessions etc. E.G. "Nairaland Eze-Ndigbo election", "Origin of Nigerian tribes", "MASSOB...bla bla bla" etc. Tribal insults aren't also allowed in that section.

Once again son, you've got to lay low and learn how this hood works else I can bet you'll fail woefully!!

Our Yansh

cool

4 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
Our Yansh:

The above shows why you're actually still a trainee MOD. You should sit at OAM419's feet learning how politics section works.

The section you talked about isn't a section meant for Tribal E-wars but for topics that border on ethnicity, secessions etc. E.G. "Nairaland Eze-Ndigbo election", "Origin of Nigerian tribes", "MASSOB...bla bla bla" etc. Tribal insults aren't also allowed in that section.

Once again son, you've got to lay low and learn how this hood works else I can bet you'll fail woefully!!

Our Yansh

cool
absolutely speechless!

OAM4J seems silent today.....I just wonder what is happening.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by FreeGlobe(f): 10:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dede1:

I hope you are not being carried away by the position of moderator on narialand. If not, it is unfathomable what granted you the effrontery to insult me by the above crap you vomited.
I wish you are saddled with incurable virus that will have you quarantined for the rest of miserable life.

I don't understand why Seun will allow this newbie 1 week overzealous mod to come in here and insult veterans that has made his mod job possible and go scotch free. Last time I checked insults were bannable offences. Seems the op is only concerned about tribalism and not the insults he has been dishing and inciting others to dish on this thread. I demand to know from Nairaland admin why this attention depraved and seeking mod has not received a ban yet for insults.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Demdem(m): 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2013

Ikenna.

If I were u, I will stop being arrogant and learn. Bigotry is the problem and not tribalism or ethnicity. Even NL has a seperate section on ethnicity. Bigotry is what u should fight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Caught Red Handed By His Wife (picture) / aikanti Baru Visits President Buhari / Senate’s Rejection Of Magu: Lawyers React, Blame Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.