Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested (26239 Views)

Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing / Boston Bombing Culprits Found (PHOTOS) - Photos Now Known As Inaccurate / 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 4:23am On Apr 20, 2013
I wonder too, he looks so happy in those pictures. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:26am On Apr 20, 2013
I.Joan:
I wonder too, he looks so happy in those pictures. embarassed
I agree, too shocking. undecided
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by 50calibre(m): 4:27am On Apr 20, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: I wonder what could change a guy like this into a Bomber. Now how will his kid grow up with this.

This is the elder one that was killed right? I thought they said he made his hatred for Americans know in one of his Facebook post where he claims not to have any American friends because he can't understand them.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:30am On Apr 20, 2013
This is about Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19years. The younger one ie Suspect 2 who was caught today:

Just months before the tweet he said he was changing majors to try and become a nurse and talked about his work 'saving lives' as a Harvard lifeguard.

'I didn't become a lifeguard just to chill and get paid, I do it for the people, saving brings me joy,' he wrote on May 29.

However, it has emerged he was sacked last summer after he suddenly stopped turning up for shifts, according to a Buzzfeed report.

The Chechen has been described by friends as a ‘careful and jovial’ student, who has lived in the U.S for a decade and partied ‘like a normal American kid' - painting a conflicting picture of a man now accused of terrorism.
It appears he became increasingly radicalized by his older brother Tamerlan with whom he is said to have carried out the deadly attack - killing three and injuring more than 180.

His cousin, Zaur, told the Boston Globe that he 'used to warn Dzhokhar that Tamerlan was up to no good' while Tamerlan's boxing coach said the younger brother would watch him train, 'he idolized him', he told the Boston Herald.

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 4:31am On Apr 20, 2013
@50calibre
Yes, he is. There are so many conflicting reports.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by 50calibre(m): 4:31am On Apr 20, 2013
I.Joan:

For real, shocked shocked shocked

This is so painful embarassed embarassed embarassed

I weep for Nigeria then... cry cry cry cry

Their is nothing like computer in a Nigerian police station. They use books to book in people, the only computer you find there is their phone.

Would you describe these men as police?

8 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:34am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

This is the elder one that was killed right? I thought they said he made his hatred for Americans know in one of his Facebook post where he claims not to have any American friends because he can't understand them.

Yes, he might have had hatred in his heart but his wife's family loved him. The wife even secretly converted to Islam because she loved him.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by 50calibre(m): 4:34am On Apr 20, 2013
I.Joan:
@50calibre
Yes, he is. There are so many conflicting reports.

Is that the girlfriend or wife, I heard he is married with kids.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 4:35am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

Their is nothing like computer in a Nigerian police station. They use books to book in people, the only computer you find there is their phone.

Would you describe these men as police?

I always disagree with my mum when she says Nigeria can never meet up with THE WEST... It seems she is right. cry

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:36am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

Is that the girlfriend or wife, I heard he is married with kids.
I am not sure but I think it is his wife. He just destroyed his family, his parents, uncles and his wife's family. He was really loved by his wife's family and his coach.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by 50calibre(m): 4:37am On Apr 20, 2013
I.Joan:

I always disagree with my mum when she says Nigeria can never meet up with THE WEST... It seems she is right. cry

No Nigeria can meet up. With good governance and good economy, we can meet up in the next 100 - 150 years

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by KayDee4: 4:39am On Apr 20, 2013
Looks like these guys got adventurous and thought they could experiment with bombs; there still doesn't seem to be any clear motive for this and they don't seem to be very smart kids.

In America where you can be traced by your clothing once you're captured on CCTV (which of course are everywhere), you don't commit a crime like this and expect to go scott free, chances are, you will be caught.

The guy is still a 'suspect' with regards to the bombings but one sure crime they committed was killing a cop and shooting and hurling explosives at police.

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by 50calibre(m): 4:41am On Apr 20, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
I am not sure but I think it is his wife. He just destroyed his family, his parents, uncles and his wife's family. He was really loved by his wife's family and his coach.

These guys were weird! Why didn't they leave Boston since Monday, why did they rob a store, why would guys with access to elite universities and colleges in Massachusetts go down this path.

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by imperiouxx(m): 4:44am On Apr 20, 2013
Police killer is killed in US.

50calibre:

These guys were weird! Why didn't they leave Boston since Monday, why did they rob a store, why would guys with access to elite universities and colleges in Massachusetts go down this path.

They robbed people, walked to a police, gunned him down and continued showing off as the bombers. I told you, they were tired of burgers.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:44am On Apr 20, 2013
[b]
In a July 17 post at 10.45am he wrote: '3rd zombie apocalypse dream in a span of like 2 weeks, I'm no golden boy but maybe, just maybe we should be expecting something soon, tbc..'
This was the same day his older brother is believed to have returned to the country after a mysterious six month absence.

Dzhokhar also made plain his feelings on 9/11.

He also posted: 'Idk [I don't know] why it's hard for many of you to accept that 9/11 was an inside job, I mean I guess f*** the facts y'all are some real #patriots #gethip.'

And 'September 10th baby, you know what tomorrow is. Party at my house! #thingsyoudontyellwhenenteringaroom.'
Reports yesterday suggested he had convinced his mother too.

A former client of Zubeidat Tsarnaeva told the Huffington Post the mother of the bombers was also a denier.

Alyssa Kilzner said: 'It’s real. She said, 'My son knows all about it. You can read on the Internet.'
The terror suspect also posted pictures of himself in Times Square and wrote about visiting New York in November.

Another particularly hateful comment reads: 'You guys know that the suicide rate for active duty american soldiers is at an all time high for 2012, a suicide a day, whats the #problem?'

He also wrote: 'A decade in America already, I want out.'
[/b]

I wonder what made these boys snap.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 4:46am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

The 19 year old was definitely brain washed by his brother!
I read some reports that the elder brother was questioned in 2011 by the FBI because he had some terrorist links outside the U.S..

4 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:50am On Apr 20, 2013
I.Joan:

I read some reports that the elder brother was questioned in 2011 by the FBI because he had some terrorist links outside the U.S..

I think by then he had contacts, ie Tarmelan the elder one but had not joined the terror cell. So the FBI let him go. I think the mistake was the FBI not keeping a close watch on him. When he traveled for six months and came back, I think his friends at Chechnya made him join and he came back and brainwashed his brother.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by 50calibre(m): 4:54am On Apr 20, 2013
I.Joan:

This is how 911 guys were allowed to roam free and go to flight school even after showing up on the radar as radicalised Muslims. I remember in 2009 that Nigerian boy that tried to blow up an aircraft even after his father tipped off the FBI.

Maybe the FBI isn't as effective as people think
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:58am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

This is how 911 guys were allowed to roam free and go to flight school even after showing up on the radar as radicalised Muslims. I remember in 2009 that Nigerian boy that tried to blow up an aircraft even after his father tipped off the FBI.

Those guys are watching millions of people in US. Clearly Tamerlan wasn't a risk. He was actually pursuing his boxing career. I think we even should applaud them for even having him in their records. It shows they are working.

That was even one of the reasons the FBI were sure when they were releasing the pictures of the suspects.

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by KayDee4: 5:03am On Apr 20, 2013
As per the Naija police comparison, what do you expect from people who live in and graduate from the types of police colleges we have in Nigeria?

Instead of government to invest in training and equipping security forces, they are busy looting and granting amnesty to bloody criminals.

If you ever mention the idea of American or British forces to come train Naija police, people will say you have colonial slave mentality.

Most Naija policemen lack basic training; from how to question people to how to confront criminals or perform CSI. I'm not even sure we have proper detectives or equipment for the job in Nigeria. Security in Nigeria in general is a joke.

6 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 20, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Those guys are watching millions of people in US. Clearly Tamerlan wasn't a risk. He was actually pursuing his boxing career. I think we even should applaud them for even having him in their records. It shows they are working.

That was even one of the reasons the FBI were sure when they were releasing the pictures of the suspects.

But that six months absence is too big a gap!
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by KayDee4: 5:07am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

Sometimes red tapes prevent them from doing things the best way they would have liked to.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by 50calibre(m): 5:16am On Apr 20, 2013
Kay-Dee:

Sometimes red tapes prevent them from doing things the best way they would have liked to.

I thought that when it comes to matter of national security, all red tapes disappear? They carry out drone strikes in other countries, ship terrorists to Guantanamo, spy on people's communications why are there no red tapes for those? Besides for a guy to elude FBI, CIA, homeland security , NSA. That's pretty though.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:18am On Apr 20, 2013
I.Joan:

But that six months absence is too big a gap!

He was cleared before his mysterious disappearance. Remember it was in 2011 the FBI questioned him and he disappeared 2012. So there was no way they would have known. He wasn't an immediate risk.

Well after this, the FBI have to look into their procedure. When once someone is suspected, there should always keep a tab on the person. Even though the person is cleared.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:21am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

I thought that when it comes to matter of national security, all red tapes disappear? They carry out drone strikes in other countries, ship terrorists to Guantanamo, spy on people's communications why are there no red tapes for those? Besides for a guy to elude FBI, CIA, homeland security , NSA. That's pretty though.

Tamerlan might have had a meeting with some terrorist people and was suspected. By then he didn't belong, so he wasn't a threat to the society. So the FBI couldn't have been able to suspect him. What happened later was definitely beyond their control.

Do you know that up to a hundred thousand people have been questioned the same way Tamerlan was. Not everyone of them will end up terrorists.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Ishilove: 5:45am On Apr 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

I trust my sweet Naija askari, the boat owner and everyone on that street are in trouble by now. That's even if the police care about the bombers and don't complain about their unpaid salaries. They would have arranged some explosives and guns in front of him and parade him as their sponsor.
As in ehn... Were it to be Naija, GEJ and co will tell us to pray for the bombers to be caught while at the same time assuring us that the government is 'on top of the situation' angry
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Ishilove: 5:49am On Apr 20, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
Gaaaangster... Here in Naija, fear no go allow manpikin stand for road becos who knows, you might be arrested as an afterthought for looking at the officers too closely in the face.

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by KayDee4: 5:58am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

No, they don't

wrt 9/11 for instance, apart from D. Cheeney sweeping the CIA's PDBs under the carpet, the FBI was not given permission to carry out some of the operations they wanted to, which could have prevented the attacks and in some cases, they couldn't get access to intelligence reports with the DoD.

The Guantanamo prisoners and drone strike issues can be considered to be part of the int'l 'war on terror' which didn't pass through the house without stiff opposition.

Which guy eluded, FBI, CIA and TSA ? He was not declared a wanted man before he became a 'man on the run' .

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by An0nimus: 5:59am On Apr 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

He got tired of burger ni. Shikena! It's just like someone that decided to commit suicide because he's tired of garri.
people like that dey this country??
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by bookface: 6:00am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

You are kidding right? Do you know how many people, phone calls, travels, meetings and emails the FBI keep a watch of on a daily basis? Do you know how many tip offs the FBI receive on a daily basis? From scams, robberies, assassination attempts on the President, terrorist attempts on the United States, or even the occasional silly calls of people who are experience their first menstrual periods!

Millions of people around the world probably hold radicalized views on America and it is yet the job of the FBI to ensure that American public - all 313 million of them - are kept safe from terrorists within and outside America, surely an "easy going" MIT bright fellow or a son of a wealthy Nigerian elite aren't likely to be the topmost thing on their priority, No?

Show me another Police Force, anywhere in the world, that could come the tiniest bit closer to keeping 313 million most hated population, from harm, everyday! Show me which force is more competent!

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by imperiouxx(m): 6:08am On Apr 20, 2013
Ishilove:
As in ehn... Were it to be Naija, GEJ and co will tell us to pray for the bombers to be caught while at the same time assuring us that the government is 'on top of the situation' angry

Yea! That's their keywords. They've never gotten to the root of a situation before but always on top of the situation.

6 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Ishilove: 6:28am On Apr 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea! That's their keywords. They've never gotten to the root of a situation before but always on top of the situation.

It is only when they are directly affected, that is when we ever get to the roots of the situation. Take the late Cynthia Osukogu's cas as an example. Her dad is a member of the military elite, that is why her killers were swiftly captured and brought to book. Were it to be the common man, the story ends with the killing.

For years boko haram has terrorised this country, killing thousands and injuring more, decimating families and quenching the joy in lives forever. The government claim to know the sponsors, but never once was a suspect being named. Till date we don't know the outcome of the investigations involving that northern governor who was fin.gered as a boko sponsor. The latest stunt GEJ has pulled is granting pardon to his former boss and state man, Alams; a man who milked Bayelsa dry for years. Fifty three years after independence, we have nothing to show as dividends. All these years, we are still disgracefully technologically primitive and backward.

This country is a disgrace to Africa and the world, and I feel nothing but sheer hate for its ruling class.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday / Italy Slides Into Recession, Darkening Outlook For Europe / Suspected Arms Depot In Western Russia Destroyed By Ukrainian Missile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.