Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested (26242 Views)

Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing / Boston Bombing Culprits Found (PHOTOS) - Photos Now Known As Inaccurate / 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Ishilove: 6:30am On Apr 20, 2013
Pardon my rant. I just felt the need to blow off steam. Just plain fed up... embarassed sad
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by 50calibre(m): 6:58am On Apr 20, 2013
bookface:

You are kidding right? Do you know how many people, phone calls, travels, meetings and emails the FBI keep a watch of on a daily basis? Do you know how many tip offs the FBI receive on a daily basis? From scams, robberies, assassination attempts on the President, terrorist attempts on the United States, or even the occasional silly calls of people who are experience their first menstrual periods!

Millions of people around the world probably hold radicalized views on America and it is yet the job of the FBI to ensure that American public - all 313 million of them - are kept safe from terrorists within and outside America, surely an "easy going" MIT bright fellow or a son of a wealthy Nigerian elite aren't likely to be the topmost thing on their priority, No?

Show me another Police Force, anywhere in the world, that could come the tiniest bit closer to keeping 313 million most hated population, from harm, everyday! Show me which force is more competent!

Yeah that's true, i know keeping up with 300+ million people isnt easy but even at that, they have thousands upon thousands of staff who work for them whose operations are highly funded by the government. They have access to the best of the best available technology you can think of.

Tell me a country in the world who can afford to spend the amount of money America spends on security and defence, not even china with their 1.3 billion people spend that much. America outspends the whole of Europe combined when it comes to matters of defence.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Maxymilliano(m): 7:10am On Apr 20, 2013
Can someone pls confirm if TB Joshua predicted the suspect would be caught?

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Ishilove: 7:21am On Apr 20, 2013
Maxymilliano: Can someone pls confirm if TB Joshua predicted the suspect would be caught?
What does that have to do with anything?

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by eagleeye2: 7:35am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

These guys were weird! Why didn't they leave Boston since Monday, why did they rob a store, why would guys with access to elite universities and colleges in Massachusetts go down this path.

I believe they wanted to be caught.

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by bookface: 7:37am On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

Yeah that's true, i know keeping up with 300+ million people isnt easy but even at that, they have thousands upon thousands of staff who work for them whose operations are highly funded by the government. They have access to the best of the best available technology you can think of.

Tell me a country in the world who can afford to spend the amount of money America spends on security and defence, not even china with their 1.3 billion people spend that much. America outspends the whole of Europe combined when it comes to matters of defence.

FBI currently employs 36,000 people - less than the number of employees at Apple.

These 36,000 people (not excluding domestic workers) are expected to Track and Monitor dozens of live events, Track and Trace criminals both within and outside of the United States, Investigate and Enforce federal laws, Track and Monitor suspected terrorist movements within and outside of the United states, Provide a swift response to emergencies, Gather and provide Intelligence to a global network - AND still keep a close watchful eye on the more than 1 in four persons around the world, who bear a formidable hatred for the United States and its citizens and could strike in any second of the day.

The FBI's budget for 2013 is 8 billion dollars. Nigerian government earns 282 million dollars daily on crude oil revenues - which imply a Nigerian government could happily fund the entire FBI's budget every 28 days!

Damn, give some credit to where it is due bro.

5 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by tarryT(m): 7:56am On Apr 20, 2013
Thank God they've got the bastard...

If na my 9ja, una go the hear Satan of Sokoto go they shout "UNcoNditiOnaL reLease".. El Rufai d' madman go dey twit "He is a ChriStian" or "hoW are they suRe he is the 1"....... Buhari d' consistent contestant "grANt him AmnEstY"... And my hat wearin presido go done set up commiteeeeee...

My country dey fall my hand...

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Feedmemore(f): 7:58am On Apr 20, 2013
I read the Twitter feed of the younger brother and it seemed fairly typical for a 19 year old. I think the older brother was the one who wanted to do this bombing and he influenced his younger brother to do it with him. Now the younger brother will carry the guilt of the deaths and injuries of all those innocent people for the rest of his miserable life.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by TableLeg(m): 8:00am On Apr 20, 2013
Yeahhhhhhhh .... Fantastic cheesy
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by tellwisdom: 8:13am On Apr 20, 2013
Ok, is that the winner of the boston marathon race? sad

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by bookface: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2013
tellwisdom: Ok, is that the winner of the boston marathon race? sad

No, he is the winner of the Ikeja crippled dance.

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by 3kay945(m): 8:25am On Apr 20, 2013
eagle,eye:

I believe they wanted to be caught.

Nope, they wouldn't have gone running then.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Screwface(m): 8:46am On Apr 20, 2013
Hear a confident president speak abeg!
"YES. WE WILL GET YOU". No preamble. No second guessing. No Maybe's. No buts. No calling of God to come solve their affairs.
Lol. And he went to the "root" of the matter, not "on top of it" like his counterpart will do here.

Sometimes that niggerr sounds too confident for my likingcheesy

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by tellwisdom: 8:58am On Apr 20, 2013
bookface:

No, he is the winner of the Ikeja crippled dance.

Oh, i see..Congrats to your blockhead undecided
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by igbsam(m): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2013
How True is this ?

4 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 20, 2013
cryin*.... Wat is our offence O Lord?? People dyin like chicken everyday and Slowpoke Jonathan is not doing anytin.... obama promised those responsible will be brought to book and hours later we don see action.... Can we ever get it ryt in dis country.... D only thing we sabi na to set up committees of thieves...

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by hector94: 10:21am On Apr 20, 2013
I tink dis guyz waz framed 4 d boston bombing
thegoodjoehunt: 'We got him!' Fugitive 'bomber' captured ALIVE after he was found hiding inside a BOAT in backyard of Boston home. Cops use flash-bang grenades and gas to flush out Dzhokar Tsarnev.

A man believed to be the terrorist behind the Boston bombings is in custody after he was cornered in a boat in a Boston backyard and appears to be wounded but still alive.
Boston police confirmed that an individual has been apprehended, taking to social media to announce, 'Suspect in custody. Officers sweeping the area. Stand by for further info.'
The mayor of Boston, Thomas Menino, was quoted by the Boston Globe as taking to the police scanner, saying 'We got him'.
Relieved law enforcement officers began cheering and clapping after the man, believed to be Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was arrested and is now on the way to either Mt. Auburn or Massachusetts General hospital for treatment for as-yet undetermined injuries.
Mt. Auburn is the same hospital where the wounded Transit Police officer allegedly shot by Dzohkhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev is recovering from gunshot wound.
And thousands of jubilant members of the public took to the streets of Watertown to salute FBI, SWAT, ATF and police officers as they left the scene of Tsarnaev's final showdown.
Neighbors reported that he was 'covered in blood' as he was taken away by law enforcement officials.
Boston police commissioner Ed Davis was celebratory in his tone as he took to Twitter to say, 'It’s a proud day to be a Boston police officer. Thank you all.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311443/We-got-Fugitive-bomber-captured-ALIVE-hiding-inside-BOAT-backyard-Boston-home-Cops-use-flash-bang-grenades-gas-flush-Dzhokar-Tsarnev.html#ixzz2QxoA6O4O

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by naptu2: 10:42am On Apr 20, 2013
Ishilove:
Gaaaangster... Here in Naija, fear no go allow manpikin stand for road becos who knows, you might be arrested as an afterthought for looking at the officers too closely in the face.

I experienced that a long time ago at Yaba. Ife students staged a demonstration. Murtala Muhammed Way was deserted. After the students had gone, dozens of Operation Sweep cars went past. Then a Saxon Armoured Car came speeding down the road. Cars, commercial buses and everything that could move fled. It's a miracle that there was no accident. People were driving recklessly because of fear of the police. It was crazy!
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 20, 2013
SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY ABOUT THIS WHOLE STORY
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by tellwisdom: 11:04am On Apr 20, 2013
obadiah777: SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY ABOUT THIS WHOLE STORY

Please tell me what you know
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by honeric01(m): 11:10am On Apr 20, 2013
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhi271COg2VIyb52OL

Parents of the boys claim their sons were framed up.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 20, 2013
tellwisdom:

Please tell me what you know
THOSE BOYS GOT BRAINWASHED BY SOME HIGHER POWERS. ITS A NEW PHENOM GOING AROUND CALLED 'ZOMBIES'. WELL NONETHELESS, ULTIMATELY THE LORD DID IT. HE PASSED JUDGEMENT ON SOME PEOPLE

AMOS 3 VS 6 shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it? YES YES YES I KNOW YALL ARE TIRED OF MY BIBLE QUOTES. BUT PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM. THIS IS NOT FOR THE CARNAL. IF YOU ARE CARNAL PLEASE AVOID MY POSTS LIKE A PLAGUE BECAUSE IT WILL PISS YOU OFF. LIGHT AND DARKNESS HATE EACH OTHER.THANKS YALL.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by cr7lomo: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2013
Dats hw a developd country reacts 2 terrorism , obama promisd d citizens dat those involvd wud b caught and wil face d law. If its here, GEJ wil start by setting up a committee dat wil end up gulpin millions witout any result or mayb grant amnesty 2 dem 4 a job well don, naija is a clownish country

4 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by honeric01(m): 11:18am On Apr 20, 2013
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Seekeroftruth: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2013
These guys made policing a nobel profession.
For the 1st time, i am admiring the work of police. But unfortunately over here in Naija, d picture of police is d reverse. I just pray there r no complications because d guy lived a normal life
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by honeric01(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2013
Don't be brainwashed easily.

Draw Your Own Conclusions: Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Shows Questionable Evidence Claiming Boston Marathon Bombing Was A False Flag

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhv5T668aVoZ9YKmr5
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhi271COg2VIyb52OL
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhkp2UL5yWyW8a6CZy

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by ypzilanti: 11:23am On Apr 20, 2013
Where is @lastpope? I said on another thread that the culprits would be apprehended by the end of this week. You don't mess with the FBI. The best brains in America are working in the FBI...it is not beans to enter.

Part of our problem is that all government agencies in Nigeria are manned by the incompetent relatives of political office holders. When we start hiring excellent people into our security agencies, we will begin to get excellent results. The job is called 'INTELLIGENCE' for a reason.

4 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by mu2sa2: 11:26am On Apr 20, 2013
There's too much media hype about the Boston bombing. Bad as it is, worse atrocities are being committed around the world that hardly get mentioned. The US itself kills about 20 innocent people weekly using drones and that doesnt get mentioned. The families of those murdered by the drones are grieving too and looking forward to avenge their deaths. RIP to all victims of violence around the world.

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 20, 2013
YOUR NOSE MUST BE RUNNING
obadiah777: SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY ABOUT THIS WHOLE STORY

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:30am On Apr 20, 2013
....there is no death penarity in boston...but In naija even in side village like orlu death penarity dey

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Heatblast(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: I wonder what could change a guy like this into a Bomber. Now how will his kid grow up with this.

Islam of course, whatelse

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by ypzilanti: 11:32am On Apr 20, 2013
Screwface: Hear a confident president speak abeg!
"YES. WE WILL GET YOU". No preamble. No second guessing. No Maybe's. No buts. No calling of God to come solve their affairs.
Lol. And he went to the "root" of the matter, not "on top of it" like his counterpart will do here.

Sometimes that niggerr sounds too confident for my likingcheesy

Why won't he sound confident when he knows the stuff FBI is made of? If you are Jonathan, will you make such promises when you know that your security agents are eating amala and ewedu in their offices as you speak?

I have been expecting an overhaul of the security agencies since Jonathan came into power, but he thinks that you solve institutional problems by just sacking NSA head and Police chief without a mandate for overhaul.

In fact a new anti-terrorism and anti kidnapping agency should be created in Nigeria. Let us start from scratch and hire the most brilliant students and scientists to the organization. I'm sure we can find a Nigerian working at a high level in some of these western countries to head the new organization, If we cannot find, let us open the hiring process and give the contract to an expatriate.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday / Italy Slides Into Recession, Darkening Outlook For Europe / Suspected Arms Depot In Western Russia Destroyed By Ukrainian Missile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.