Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,955 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested (26277 Views)

Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing / Boston Bombing Culprits Found (PHOTOS) - Photos Now Known As Inaccurate / 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Dbboy(m): 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
50calibre:

This is the elder one that was killed right? I thought they said he made his hatred for Americans know in one of his Facebook post where he claims not to have any American friends because he can't understand them.

There is something quite suspicious about this thing.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
ypzilanti:

LIE. Great leaders mold countries. Go and read a history book and quit expecting 180 million people to wake up one morning and change without any leadership guidance.

If I hear this nonsense from you again, I will just have to give you a history lesson. The same way Hitler converted millions of Germans into blood thirsty Nazis, people like Mahatir Mohammed converted Malaysia from a third world country with lawlessness to a secure 1st world nation. And guess what? He caged the Islamic extremists in his country to the sideline. Malaysia has more Muslims than Nigeria, but they do not let the 'nut fringe' of their religion disrupt society.

I assure you that Boko Haram does not have up to 10,000 adherents in Nigeria...yet they are holding 180 million people ransom. Shame on our government.
YOU ARE CHATTING CRAP. THE WORLD BACK THEN IS DIFFERENT FROM THE WORLD TODAY. BACK THEN THERE WAS HARDLY ANY MEDIA. YOU DEFERRED TO YOUR LEADER FOR EVERYTHING EVEN IF YOUR LEADER WAS A JACKASS. IT WAS EASIER TO CONTROL THE MASSES BACK THEN. NOWADAYS PEOPLE ARE ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT. PEOPLE ONLY LISTEN TO THEIR LEADERS NOWADAYS OUT OF FEAR OF VIOLENCE. I LIVED IN AMERICA FOR 8 YEARS AND THE PEOPLE THERE ARE CLOSE TO ANARCHY IN THEIR MINDS BUT FOR THE FEAR OF THEIR LEADERS. THE PLACE IS KEPT TOGETHER BY HEAVY POLICE BRUTALITY AND INTIMIDATION. I, PERSONALLY HAVE BEEN INTIMIDATED NEARLY EVERYDAY BY THE POLICE JUST FOR BEING A BLACK MAN WITH SLIGHTLY TINTED BACK WINDOWS. I GET HARRASSED, SMASHED ON THE TRUNK, HAVE MY NUTSACS FONDLED BY POPOS PRETENDING TO LOOK FOR DRUGS ETC ETC ETC. SO DONT COME HERE SPEWING THAT 'GREAT LEADERS MOLD COUNTRIES'. WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY IS 'GREAT VIOLENT LEADERS MOLD COUNTRIES'

THE WAY NIGERIA IS ? YOU DONT HAVE A VIOLENT LEADER MEANING YOU GUYS CANT BE RALLIED FORCEFULLY TO GET UP YOUR BUTTS TO MAKE CHANGES. GOODLUCK IS A NICE KIND SWEET GOOFY FELLA.

THIS HOW YOU MOLD A COUNTRY IN 2013. WITH VIOLENCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9iGx_KTBPI

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Oh, This is just so beautiful to look at. Little wonder America is the greatest country in the world. Not only were the culprits identified within 24 hours of committing the offence, they were apprehended within a week. That is how a serious country works.

We really have a long way to go in Nigeria, not that we would ever catch up though. Not in this life time, and certainly not in our children's lifetime.

Not when our security agencies only show their strength and 'competence' by punishing unarmed and defenceless civilians. . .

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Klinee: 12:47pm On Apr 20, 2013
They would have succide bomb now.nigeria police can do more than FBI even computerize or not what they need is information.one thing that disturb nigeria is confusion,we know all of them but we dont want to expose them.but to tell u the truth if those bomber do like boko haram(succide bombing) believe me FBI will do nothing.all dis bombing is cause by gayism and its propagader(u.s.a.).when i see all this gay things and its propaganders i will be feeling like to bomb let the world just end.

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by delors(m): 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
Okay, so the matter was handled without setting up any committee! No, panel, no sub sub sub committee, no 'we are on top of the matter'! Na wah o...GEJ needs to go study abroad. I recommend George Washington Uni. That guy too 'mumu' nor be small.

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by olapluto(m): 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
Typical Nigerians comparing America with Nigeria. You think all these armored cars and men wearing scary gadgets actually mean strength? All na demo! The good old AK 47 in the hands of a tactical officer is better than all these armored tanks.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Ayoobscom(m): 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
You cannot hate Islam as much as God love Islam

@samkoro America is the only terrorist I grow up to know

Anyone who thinks otherwise is the brainwashed

An individual commits a crime anywhere they blame it on Islam..does an individual equal a system?

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by redsun(m): 12:53pm On Apr 20, 2013
The west is like a desert for violent criminals. One in three violent are easily bursted here. The crimes they don't with are black on black crimes which they see as flimsy crimes,even though they are mostly violent.

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by churific(m): 12:55pm On Apr 20, 2013
As if it wasn't obvious that our beloved country Nigeria has a lot to learn. But then again, this system is decades and decades of hard work and "corruption-free" governing (comparably.) We have long ways to go to even reach 1% of such high level of effectiveness and cohesiveness.

I still have hope!
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by greall1: 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
Nigerians are smarter don"t compare Nigeria terrorism with American or any Europe country.

I.Joan:
Can't Nigeria just borrow this FBI for sometime ni??

They got these guys in just 4 days!!!
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by emmanuel4758(m): 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
OmoEziokwu: Organized society.
nigerian jtf is better than american is just dat boston is a christian state if not the man who saw blood on the boat wouldnt hav report to d police if it is yobe in nigeria instead to report he wil take bribe and hide him dats how boko haram always escape wit bullet wound to some islam people house dats wy i luv amilika der is unity but if we can render information to our jtf i know we can do better dan american am proud to be igbo boi let me take this as an example if dis happen in onitsha trust me dat d same day onitsha people wil team wit police and capture dose people and also deport all awusa people bak to yobe dats wy no kidnapper dare come to ontsha and i believe one day aba wil be like dat up nigerian
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by elampiro(m): 1:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
Bomber's father tells him to surrender, warns 'Hell will break loose' if son dies

"Thank God," Anzor Tsarnaev said, speaking in Russian, thanking ABC News for relaying word that his son, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was in custody and alive.

Asked what he wanted to tell his son, Anzor Tsarnaev said, "Tell police everything. Everything. Just be honest."

Tsarnaev spoke to ABC News on more than one occasion today from his home in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, Russia, as Boston police carried out an intense dragnet for his son.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev survived a running gun battle with police during the night that left an MIT security officer dead and a Boston police officer badly wounded. His older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died in the shootout.

The father said he had spoken to his sons by phone earlier this week.

"We talked about the bombing. I was worried about them," Anzor Tsarnaev said.

He said his sons reassured him, saying, "Everything is good, Daddy. Everything is very good."

LIVE UPDATES: Boston Bombing Suspect Dead in Shootout

The elder Tsarnaev, in a series of conversations with ABC News, insisted his sons were innocent, but said he would appeal to his son to "surrender peacefully."

"Give up. Give up. You have a bright future ahead of you. Come home to Russia," the dad said.

The father warned, however, "If they killed him, then all hell would break loose."

"If they kill my second child, I will know that it is an inside job, a hit job. The police are to blame," the father told ABC News. "Someone, some organization is out to get them."

Anzor Tsarnaev said that his sons were "set up" and that they are "very nice kids" who have no experience with weapons and explosives.

The father said his two daughters, ages 22 and 24, live in the U.S. One lives in West New York, N.J.

Profiles of the brothers give a conflicting picture.

The older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was described as an outgoing person who was a champion boxer, a "decent" pianist, drove a Mercedes and liked the movie "Borat." But in captions on an undated boxing photo album operated by photographer Johannes Hirn, Tamerlan Tsarnaev said, "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."

Boston Bombing Suspect's Dad Calls ABC News Watch Video

He also told the photographer he was a "very religious" Muslim boxer who did not smoke or drink. One caption said he usually did not take his shirt off so girls wouldn't get bad ideas.

"There are no values anymore," he said, and worried that "people can't control themselves."

Before he was taken into custody, the younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was described as willing to die in a battle with police. But he was better known for taking acting classes, advanced placement courses and being a star athlete with lots of friends in high school.

He played soccer every Monday with University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth classmates, but he didn't show up for this week's game. He didn't return his teammates' calls. One teammate told ABC News that Dzhokar Tsarnaev was a "quiet guy" who was "a little bit of a druggie."

"He never seemed out of the ordinary at all," high school classmate Sierra Schwartz told "Good Morning America" today. "This is not someone who seemed troubled in high school or shy. He was just one of us. It's very weird."

One of the most surprising details about the younger Tsarnaev brother is the revelation that he became a U.S. citizen last year on 9/11, the anniversary of the worst terror attack in U.S. history. (Govt granted him citizenship on this date)

Steven Owens told ABC News, "I met him when I was in seventh grade and he was just a great kid. He was fun to be around. Very studious, very smart. I don't remember a time when he was ever having trouble in school. He was a great athlete. Great to be around."

Owens said Tsarnaev "always had a positive attitude," but had expressed some political opinions in school.

"He always thought the war [Iraq, Afghanistan] was stupid," Owens said. "He didn't enjoy the idea of war. We didn't really talk about it much. The only time it ever really came up was when we were learning about it in school."

When Owens first saw authorities' photos of Tsarnaev, he wasn't positive it was him since he hadn't seen him in a few years.

"I started looking through my yearbook because I thought I recognized him and there he was," Owens said. "I was just so surprised."

Both brothers were born in Kyrgyzstan, according to their uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, who said he has not seen his nephews since December 2005. The uncle was angry over what his nephews are accused of doing.

The enraged uncle said the only explanation for their behavior is "hatred to those that were able to settle themselves" and "being losers."

"If you are alive, turn yourself in and ask for forgiveness from the victims, from the injured and from those who left," Tsarni shouted, delivering a message to his nephew. "He put a shame on our family. He put a shame on the entire Chechen enthnicity."

John Curran, Tamerlan Tsarnaev's former boxing coach, told ABC News that Tsarnaev was the New England champion for two or three years in a row and was considering turning pro. Curran said he had not been in contact with him since 2010.

Curran said that before the bombing he would have agreed with the portrayal of Tsarnaev as a peaceful, courteous young man.

"I would agree on all of those if I was asked two days before the bombing what I thought of this young man," Curran said. "I'd say he was a fine young man. Very good athlete. Very courteous. Just a nice guy. I'm shocked beyond belief he was involved in this."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-bomb-suspects-dad-tells-son-surrender-hell/story?id=18995936

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by greall1: 1:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
KUDOS TO AMERICA
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by tarryT(m): 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
mu2sa2: There's too much media hype about the Boston bombing. Bad as it is, worse atrocities are being committed around the world that hardly get mentioned. The US itself kills about 20 innocent people weekly using drones and that doesnt get mentioned. The families of those murdered by the drones are grieving too and looking forward to avenge their deaths. RIP to all victims of violence around the world.
Typical. As expected. Uv never dissapoint. Boko Haram spokes man MU2SA2.. Enjoy ur amnesty 4 9ja...make mumu no worry u con carry ur tread enter obodo oyinbo...na bullets dem go forget for that ur dense skull.

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by samkoro: 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
ypzilanti:

If every moslem was a terrorist, you would not be alive typing what you are typing today. I agree however that muslims need to do some soul searching about why their adherents are more prone to following the extreme psycho fringe of their religion than other religions today. But make no mistake: every religion has it's nuts. 'Christianity' does not have a good record either with the crusades, lynchings and 'witch burning' of the dark ages. In the eighties and nineties the Irish Catholics were planting bombs in England too.

I just like sth abt ur approach.

Back to this.Christianity is so clear to those who love truth.Christianity is all abt a huge sacrifice by a man (Jesus) in whom the spirit Christ lived.Christ is a creation by Jehovah.Jehovah created him as a spiritual son.Christ is a part of Jehovah,just like ur son is a part of u.The bottom line is Christ never taught violence.He only taught love and the true part to avoiding hell entirely.

Mohammed taught violence and justified it in over two hundred verses in the koran;Jihad as an obligation,even when u may not like wasting blood.He said that it is good for u.

As a moslem ,I will be surprised if u do not know that suicide bombers do what they do for fear of hell.They believe that dieing in Jihad leads directly to paradise of houris,and that moslems that die normaly must spend time(may be millions of years) in hell before Allah decides whom to save and who will stay forever.

The crying blood of the innocent must send the murderers to hell.I'm extemely convinced abt this.

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by emmatok(m): 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
honeric01: Don't be brainwashed easily.

Draw Your Own Conclusions: Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Shows Questionable Evidence Claiming Boston Marathon Bombing Was A False Flag

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhv5T668aVoZ9YKmr5
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhi271COg2VIyb52OL
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhkp2UL5yWyW8a6CZy

You people are here with your conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by samkoro: 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ayoobscom: You cannot hate Islam as much as God love Islam

@samkoro America is the only terrorist I grow up to know

Anyone who thinks otherwise is the brainwashed

An individual commits a crime anywhere they blame it on Islam..does an individual equal a system?

Ok 'let's blaim the bombing on pope.

Jehovah loves every one because he created us all.But Allah ur god hates Jews and Christians,and that where the problem started.

Allah loves u so much ,that why u have the poorest countries and people on earth despite oil wealth.My bother think with ur head and not ur anus.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by emmatok(m): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2013
ola_pluto: Typical Nigerians comparing America with Nigeria. You think all these armored cars and men wearing scary gadgets actually mean strength? All na demo! The good old AK 47 in the hands of a tactical officer is better than all these armored tanks.

Am sure you have not see an AK-47 before, so you don't know its limitations.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by tutu1: 1:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
I think there is more to this story, this boyz were hired contractors not really ideologist, they got support and training from somewhere, lets hope the truth comes out someday
thegoodjoehunt: I wonder what could change a guy like this into a Bomber. Now how will his kid grow up with this.

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by viruz007(m): 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yes, according to report, they are/were.

I trust my sweet Naija askari, the boat owner and everyone on that street are in trouble by now. That's even if the police cares about the bombers and don't complain about their unpaid salaries. They would have arranged some explosives and guns in front of him and parade him as their sponsor.

Imagine all the exhibits displayed in front of just 3 robbery suspects like the robbers were going for world war before their arrest.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/976099_11824_558913964121657_1853645255_n_jpg3b05464241bbca49b2d9ea738f318761

Jesu!!! Is that crayfish or bullets i see? shocked shocked Nna na wa o. Atimes u gotta pity our police mehn. cry

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2013
luli4life:
In america aftermath of terrorism = justice
In nigeria aftermath of terrorism = amnesty

So true. . .painfully true. When a government is forced to negotiate with terrorists and 'bribe' them to stop, because the government lacks the capacity to root them out, then you know the country is finished.

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2013
obadiah777: AND ALL THE MORONS LAUDING THE AMERICAN POLICE WHILE DENIGRATING THE NIGERIAN POLICE, YOU ARE AS CRAZY AS CHARLYBOY. LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM WHY NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE DECENT POLICE. A DECENT POLICE FORCE REQUIRES DECENT SALARY. DECENT SALARY MEANS THE STATE GOVT NEEDS TO TAX THE PEOPLE HEAVILY. YOU BUTTHOLES LOOK FOR WAYS TO EVEN AVOID PAYING YOUR LIGHT BILLS AND YOU ARE HERE TALKING CRAP. TO MAINTAIN A FORCE OF THAT CALIBRE YOU NEED TO PAY
1-PARKING FEES
2-VENDOR LICENSE
3-CAPITAL GAINS TAX
4-INHERITANCE TAX
5-AUTO INSURANCE
5-CITY STICKER PERMIT FOR HAVING A CAR ON THE STREET
6-HOME INSURANCE
7-HEALTH INSURANCE
8-INCOME TAX ON EVERYTHING YOU EARN INCLUDING ONLINE BUSINESSES
9-INCOME FROM DRIVING OFFENSES THAT YOU NIGERIANS LOVE TO COMMIT
10-CONGESTION CHARGES
11-CITY TAX ON EVERY GOODS YOU BUY OR SELL
ETC ETC ETC

YOU IDI-OTS WOULD GO CRAZY IF ASKED TO PAY ALL THOSE ABOVE AND YOU ARE HERE WITH YOUR RABID MOUTH SCREAMING ABOUT HOW THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS THIS AND THAT. YOU ARE THE REASON WHY THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS CRAP. A NATION IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS INDIGENES AND YOU ALL ARE FORKED UP IN THE HEAD WHICH IS WHY THE COUNTRY IS FORKED UP. RANT OVER
Yet the government have enough money to embezzle, build nonsense projects and grant amnesty to crooks. Train terrorists overseas and yet we are the cause of the problems.

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
ola_pluto: Typical Nigerians comparing America with Nigeria. You think all these armored cars and men wearing scary gadgets actually mean strength? All na demo! The good old AK 47 in the hands of a tactical officer is better than all these armored tanks.

And you think the average Nigerian policeman (or soldier) employed through nepotism, quota system, and corrupt recruitment processes is more "tactical" than the average highly trained and committed American warrior in the FBI, SWAT, or even the ordinary state police units?

On the contrary, it is hilarious to even contemplate how thugs (for that is what Nigerian policemen and soldiers are) with AK 47s can challenge American security agents armed with nothing more than clenched fists, let alone with their full complement of advanced weaponry and gadgets.

Some of us like to deceive ourselves with exaggerated and downright schizophrenic notions of patriotism.

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Akpan107(m): 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2013
I thank God he was caught
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by ypzilanti: 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
obadiah777: YOU ARE CHATTING CRAP. THE WORLD BACK THEN IS DIFFERENT FROM THE WORLD TODAY. BACK THEN THERE WAS HARDLY ANY MEDIA. YOU DEFERRED TO YOUR LEADER FOR EVERYTHING EVEN IF YOUR LEADER WAS A JACKASS. IT WAS EASIER TO CONTROL THE MASSES BACK THEN. NOWADAYS PEOPLE ARE ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT. PEOPLE ONLY LISTEN TO THEIR LEADERS NOWADAYS OUT OF FEAR OF VIOLENCE. I LIVED IN AMERICA FOR 8 YEARS AND THE PEOPLE THERE ARE CLOSE TO ANARCHY IN THEIR MINDS BUT FOR THE FEAR OF THEIR LEADERS. THE PLACE IS KEPT TOGETHER BY HEAVY POLICE BRUTALITY AND INTIMIDATION. I, PERSONALLY HAVE BEEN INTIMIDATED NEARLY EVERYDAY BY THE POLICE JUST FOR BEING A BLACK MAN WITH SLIGHTLY TINTED BACK WINDOWS. I GET HARRASSED, SMASHED ON THE TRUNK, HAVE MY NUTSACS FONDLED BY POPOS PRETENDING TO LOOK FOR DRUGS ETC ETC ETC. SO DONT COME HERE SPEWING THAT 'GREAT LEADERS MOLD COUNTRIES'. WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY IS 'GREAT VIOLENT LEADERS MOLD COUNTRIES'

THE WAY NIGERIA IS ? YOU DONT HAVE A VIOLENT LEADER MEANING YOU GUYS CANT BE RALLIED FORCEFULLY TO GET UP YOUR BUTTS TO MAKE CHANGES. GOODLUCK IS A NICE KIND SWEET GOOFY FELLA.

THIS HOW YOU MOLD A COUNTRY IN 2013. WITH VIOLENCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9iGx_KTBPI

Americans have all the weapons in the world to fight the government if they want to. Most Americans believe that their country is the greatest country in the world without question. Many ordinary citizens fly the country's flag on their yards with pride. It is not fear of the leaders that puts Americans in check, but FEAR of the LAW. The law enforcement is strictly implemented to the letter, and if you commit a felony, your goose is cooked. Unlike Nigeria, most adult Americans have spent a night in prison for mundane offences like peeing in public or public intoxication...they know not to mess with the law.

I have lived in America too, and if you stay clear from wahala, the police generally leave you alone. The police racism you speak about is individualistic and not institutionalized...this means that if you can get solid evidence and file a complaint, it will be dealt with by the authorities.

What Nigeria needs is LAW ENFORCEMENT...that is not violence, that is just saying that 'if you do the wrong thing, we will fvck you up'. That is what makes society sane. If you think it's a lie, ask traffic offenders in Lagos State.

3 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 20, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
Yet the government have enough money to embezzle, build nonsense projects and grant amnesty to crooks. Train terrorists overseas and yet we are the cause of the problems.

You dey mind am? People would always find excuses to justify their foolishness. All the billions stolen by corrupt politicians are more than enough to create and sustain an effective security system for the country. Never mind, like you rightly stated, the billions wasted on bribing the lazy Niger Delta "repentant" militants, and the billions more that would be wasted on bribing Boko Haram members. The country is a huge joke, whichever way you look at it.

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by jerryben12: 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2013
obadiah777: AND ALL THE MORONS LAUDING THE AMERICAN POLICE WHILE DENIGRATING THE NIGERIAN POLICE, YOU ARE AS CRAZY AS CHARLYBOY. LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM WHY NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE DECENT POLICE. A DECENT POLICE FORCE REQUIRES DECENT SALARY. DECENT SALARY MEANS THE STATE GOVT NEEDS TO TAX THE PEOPLE HEAVILY. YOU BUTTHOLES LOOK FOR WAYS TO EVEN AVOID PAYING YOUR LIGHT BILLS AND YOU ARE HERE TALKING CRAP. TO MAINTAIN A FORCE OF THAT CALIBRE YOU NEED TO PAY
1-PARKING FEES
2-VENDOR LICENSE
3-CAPITAL GAINS TAX
4-INHERITANCE TAX
5-AUTO INSURANCE
5-CITY STICKER PERMIT FOR HAVING A CAR ON THE STREET
6-HOME INSURANCE
7-HEALTH INSURANCE
8-INCOME TAX ON EVERYTHING YOU EARN INCLUDING ONLINE BUSINESSES
9-INCOME FROM DRIVING OFFENSES THAT YOU NIGERIANS LOVE TO COMMIT
10-CONGESTION CHARGES
11-CITY TAX ON EVERY GOODS YOU BUY OR SELL
ETC ETC ETC

YOU IDI-OTS WOULD GO CRAZY IF ASKED TO PAY ALL THOSE ABOVE AND YOU ARE HERE WITH YOUR RABID MOUTH SCREAMING ABOUT HOW THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS THIS AND THAT. YOU ARE THE REASON WHY THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS CRAP. A NATION IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS INDIGENES AND YOU ALL ARE FORKED UP IN THE HEAD WHICH IS WHY THE COUNTRY IS FORKED UP. RANT OVER

You have succeeded in describing the condition using America matured tax laws as a criteria to buttress the consequence of non compliance in Nigeria. What is the root cause of non compliance in Nigeria? The Government of course because they are not enforcing the laws.

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by ypzilanti: 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
samkoro:

I just like sth abt ur approach.

Back to this.Christianity is so clear to those who love truth.Christianity is all abt a huge sacrifice by a man (Jesus) in whom the spirit Christ lived.Christ is a creation by Jehovah.Jehovah created him as a spiritual son.Christ is a part of Jehovah,just like ur son is a part of u.The bottom line is Christ never taught violence.He only taught love and the true part to avoiding hell entirely.

Mohammed taught violence and justified it in over two hundred verses in the koran;Jihad as an obligation,even when u may not like wasting blood.He said that it is good for u.

As a moslem ,I will be surprised if u do not know that suicide bombers do what they do for fear of hell.They believe that dieing in Jihad leads directly to paradise of houris,and that moslems that die normaly must spend time(may be millions of years) in hell before Allah decides whom to save and who will stay forever.

The crying blood of the innocent must send the murderers to hell.I'm extemely convinced abt this.

Have you actually read the Koran before? Some Muslims will beg to differ with your interpretation of their books. In the end, the difference between a moderate believer and an extremist is their INTERPRETATION of whatever book they believe. If it is so clear and straightforward that Islam is violent, we have enough Muslims on this planet to cause absolute mayhem and chaos...and yet it is always a minority that cause all the violence.

Leave aside your paranoia and think logically. Just the mallams and maiguards in Lagos alone is enough to fight the city to a stand still. In the end, the majority of humans on this planet just want the same things: take care of their family and live in peace. Period.

1 Like

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by ypzilanti: 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
jerryben12:

You have succeeded in describing the condition using America matured tax laws as a criteria to buttress the consequence of non compliance in Nigeria. What is the root cause of non compliance in Nigeria? The Government of course because they are not enforcing the laws.

The government does not enforce tax laws cause that will make citizens begin to ask for accountability. No need to rock the boat....eat you money jeje and wait for 8 years to expire. wink
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
IF THE MONEY DOES NOT HAVE TO BE SHARED AMONGST 180 MILLION PEOPLE THEN IT IS ENOUGH FOR THEM TO DO THEIR LIL PROJECTS AND LOOTING. WHAT YOU HAVE IS AN ILLUSION OF JUST HOW MUCH THE MONEY IS.

FOR EXAMPLE IF 10 PEOPLE HAD TO SHARE 1 BILLION DOLLARS, IT SEEMS A LOT. HOWEVER IF THAT 1 BILLION HAD TO BE SHARED BY 10 MILLION PEOPLE ANNUALLY ? ITS NOT ALOT
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by viruz007(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2013
@ Obadiah777 dude just go and park in one corner. PAying taxes is not a problem . Question is will i see the benefits?

Nigerian police i pity them atyms but that's what you get when quack people have the job or are in charge. I ask again what are psychology graduates doing? This is where they should be working. Half the detectives and FBI agents at one time in their educational career read human psychology. I stand to be corrected. Here my police barely pass secondary school and you give someone who has not gone through a psych eval an assault rifle (what happened to sidearms such as pistols) to protect people not knowing whether is a sociopath or is going through a depression phase. Abeg bone. The American police and intelligence agencies are good. From FBI, to CIA, to NSA, to ATF, to all their police departments are good.

I really support a decentralized policing system with each state and it's LG having its own police departments and jurisdictional laws. God bless NIGERIA!!! cool smiley Yes i said it. I love my country though they make me angry wink

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2013
ypzilanti:

Americans have all the weapons in the world to fight the government if they want to. Most Americans believe that their country is the greatest country in the world without question. Many ordinary citizens fly the country's flag on their yards with pride. It is not fear of the leaders that puts Americans in check, but FEAR of the LAW. The law enforcement is strictly implemented to the letter, and if you commit a felony, your goose is cooked. Unlike Nigeria, most adult Americans have spent a night in prison for mundane offences like peeing in public or public intoxication...they know not to mess with the law.

I have lived in America too, and if you stay clear from wahala, the police generally leave you alone. The police racism you speak about is individualistic and not institutionalized...this means that if you can get solid evidence and file a complaint, it will be dealt with by the authorities.

What Nigeria needs is LAW ENFORCEMENT...that is not violence, that is just saying that 'if you do the wrong thing, we will fvck you up'. That is what makes society sane. If you think it's a lie, ask traffic offenders in Lagos State.
REALLY ? AMERICANS CAN FIGHT THEIR GOVT THAT HAS NUKES AND DRONES AND ARMORED CARS ETC ? YOU JUST LOST THE ARGUMENT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Italy Slides Into Recession, Darkening Outlook For Europe / Kwabena Ohemeng Tinyaase Nabbed For Breaking Traffic Rules In Ghana / Taliban Don't Respect Humanity- Translator Gives Heart Stopping Account(Pix,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.