Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,096 members, 7,953,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:39 PM

Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? (22472 Views)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / How Many Men Think This Way ? (pic).. / Why Do Men Think Their Extramarital Affairs Are Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by collynzo2(m): 11:28am On Apr 22, 2013
coogar:

and it's men's fault that the society wants her married? your title is flawed, change it and you would get a more balanced view. men are not the reason women are pressured into marriage. more often than not, men just want sex!

You said it all, if men had their way, they'll just hav sex, no strings attached. If men start listing the issues involved in living with women, this thread will not be enough

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 22, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]SERIOUSLY? WHY? angry

Why on earth do you people think that women will keel over and die if they don't get married?
Why do you think women are just dying to get married or get you hooked?

Day after day on Nairaland I see posts by men that talk about how some female celebrity is approaching her 30's and is not married or how some other ladies will never get married because of one reason or another as if these women told you that their lives cannot continue without marriage.

Why on earth do you people think Nigerian women are desperate to get married to you?
See eh, the reason why majority of women seek marriage is because of societal pressure from people that cannot mind their business and because they want to have kids that will not be called bastards so you better understand that fact.

Marriage hardly benefits women (except the very few lucky ones that married considerate men) so why do you think they are dying for it?
Husbands come home from work and expect a hot/good meal which the wife is supposed to have prepared; it is hardly ever the other way round and it is very rare for a woman to come home and meet that her husband has prepared something for her to eat yet this is something men enjoy all the time.
Men just stay by the side and watch while their wives whine in pregnancy pains and face the pains of being pregnant for months; imagine the struggles of getting the kids ready for school while fighting early morning sickness.

She works to assist you and must still submit to your whims because society expects her to, and you still expect sexxual gratification when you come home not considering that she is probably exhausted.
Also, after marriage the husband clearly enjoys his life and freedom more than the woman. he can close from work and 'hang out with the boys' instead of going home and nobody queries him, but his wife can never try such, she goes home straight to take care of children, does the cooking and cleaning and what not. She even has to take a break from work sometimes to pick the kids from school and drop them at home then go back to work before finally returning home at the end of the day to carry house work solely on her head because the majority of Nigerian men are lazy asses that think that helping their wives at home is an abomination.

After all the stress of doing housework on her own and taking care of children on her own she starts to look old and tired and her husband complains that she is now too old and unattractive and without thinking twice, he begins to look outside at younger women because his wife is no longer attractive to him.
The worst part is that the children the women is taking care of, the children that she got so stressed for and losses her beauty after birthing are bearing the man's name. The children bear his name and not hers and yet the men will have the effrontery to say that their wife is no longer attractive after bearing these kids so they want to chase other women.

What do women even gain from marriages for heavens sake?
People expects them give up your identity and start bearing their husbands' name, the kids you spend your life taking care of bear his name and claim his home town when they are asked where they come from, the man is very very likely to cheat on his wife and maybe infect her with some STD or another and he will more likely than not, turn her into his slave by refusing to assist with house work while expecting her to contribute financially to the upkeep of the house.
In fact, if not that religions make childbearing outside marriage a sin and society(mostly men) treat unmarried girls like outcasts, I'm sure many women will not get married, who in their right senses will want to marry an overbearing, unhelpful, slave driving no-good lazy ass; which majority of men are, when they can just have their kids in peace and not have to worry about taking care of him?

All of you can relax, eh kwa?
Women are not in any hurry to become your slaves.
Enough of the marriage this and marriage talk you keep disturbing our ears with.

Lastly, I know that not all married men think that women are on earth to be their slaves, I know that some kind and thoughtful men still exist there so this message does not apply to them.
Kudos to the 2% of Nigerian men that still have respect for women and consider their feelings after marriage.
I salute you.

...if u want to know who liked ur post,...I did smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by kemisuga(f): 11:34am On Apr 22, 2013
@Chocolate. I can understand you very well. It is Well!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 22, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]SERIOUSLY? WHY? angry

Why on earth do you people think that women will keel over and die if they don't get married?

Day after day on Nairaland I see posts by men that talk about how some female celebrity is approaching her 30's and is not married or how some other ladies will never get married because of one reason or another as if these women told you that their lives cannot continue without marriage.

Why on earth do you people think Nigerian women are desperate to get married to you?
See eh, the reason why majority of women seek marriage is because of societal pressure from people that cannot mind their business and because they want to have kids that will not be called bastards so you better understand that fact.

Marriage hardly benefits women (except the very few lucky ones that married considerate men) so why do you think they are dying for it?
Husbands come home from work and expect a hot/good meal which the wife is supposed to have prepared; it is hardly ever the other way round and it is very rare for a woman to come home and meet that her husband has prepared something for her to eat yet this is something men enjoy all the time.
Men just stay by the side and watch while their wives whine in pregnancy pains and face the pains of being pregnant for months; imagine the struggles of getting the kids ready for school while fighting early morning sickness.

She works to assist you and must still submit to your whims because society expects her to, and you still expect sexxual gratification when you come home not considering that she is probably exhausted.
Also, after marriage the husband clearly enjoys his life and freedom more than the woman. he can close from work and 'hang out with the boys' instead of going home and nobody queries him, but his wife can never try such, she goes home straight to take care of children, does the cooking and cleaning and what not. She even has to take a break from work sometimes to pick the kids from school and drop them at home then go back to work before finally returning home at the end of the day to carry house work solely on her head because the majority of Nigerian men are lazy asses that think that helping their wives at home is an abomination.

After all the stress of doing housework on her own and taking care of children on her own she starts to look old and tired and her husband complains that she is now too old and unattractive and without thinking twice, he begins to look outside at younger women because his wife is no longer attractive to him.
The worst part is that the children the women is taking care of, the children that she got so stressed for and losses her beauty after birthing are bearing the man's name. The children bear his name and not hers and yet the men will have the effrontery to say that their wife is no longer attractive after bearing these kids so they want to chase other women.

People expects them give up your identity and start bearing their husbands' name, the kids you spend your life taking care of bear his name and claim his home town when they are asked where they come from, the man is very very likely to cheat on his wife and maybe infect her with some STD or another and he will more likely than not, turn her into his slave by refusing to assist with house work while expecting her to contribute financially to the upkeep of the house.
In fact, if not that religions make childbearing outside marriage a sin and society(mostly men) treat unmarried girls like outcasts, I'm sure many women will not get married, who in their right senses will want to marry an overbearing, unhelpful, slave driving no-good lazy ass; which majority of men are, when they can just have their kids in peace and not have to worry about taking care of him?

Enough of the marriage this and marriage talk you keep disturbing our ears with.

Lastly, I know that not all married men think that women are on earth to be their slaves, I know that some kind and thoughtful men still exist there so this message does not apply to them.
Kudos to the 2% of Nigerian men that still have respect for women and consider their feelings after marriage.
I salute you.

I could kiss u right now.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by butta(m): 11:37am On Apr 22, 2013
@op give it up ur argument is pointless and a waste of time in reality its a mans world so wake up from ur dream or I will email u a slap to wake up

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by collynzo2(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2013
Amelian: Sighs.....op don't allow issues of men dissing singles sisters about not getting married affect you..when u see posts of men talking bad abt women or talking about how to get married, u simply overlook such posts, and read better ones that has to do with enlightenment.. I don't bother myself reading such posts anyways .... Am in my early thirties, am comfortable and beginning to enjoy the different flavours of life.. When I was in my twenties, due to my flashy look, I cut out certain normal things that would. Ordinarily make a lady happy, due to mindset of most nija.. Examples, don't wear lovely earrings o, don't look fly in your dressing, even though u dressed responsibly, the word is dress like a girl suffering, then a suitor will come grin... And also If u can afford a car, don't buy o, oresle no man will marry u. sad... I have good paying job, which could buy me a small car but most of my frnds and family kicked against it... Ha! Don't buy a car o... Always trek to work or take bus, or climb bikes, so that a man will want to marry u... I trek taya grin. Run after moving buses grin, climb okadas, it's by the grace of God , my legs are not broken. As I began to expand in biz, I surely need a car for easy mobility and keep to appointments.. No be person , tell me twice to go and buy a car. Enough of undue suffering to please a man, cause of marriage, which has more responsibilities that one can even imagine..
It's takes the grace of God, Selflessness of both husband and wife and great conscience involved to create and sustain a happy home... But how many homes , can boast of bliss after marriage... Just few...
Society , people can talk from today till tomorrow, the issue is no more suffering myself anymore for men.. If u can't accept my personality...the let me be...the period to enjoy my hard labour is hear... No dulling o... Just mix with like minded pple... That's sees yur vision.. U can't please everybody.. Follow yur heart , serve and leave the rest to God.
I repeat, don't bother yur eyes or brain reading and digesting posts of men dissing women.. Just close yur eyes on those posts and move on..... It's no use.. U can't stop them.. That's my simple advice .

Nice try, keep consoling your self no need for self pity. Just say comforting things like the above to cover up the sadness, it 's a good thing.........................but we are no fools

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by 1ndidi2(f): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2013
Pataki: Now this is so wrong!

Yes men sometimes or usually spite a woman who is not yet married.

But more often than not, it is even women to women who spite themselves the most!

For example: when two ladies are fighting on this forum; it has become the norm, to use their various marital issues/problems has an insulting attribute to buttress their anger.

The pressure for marriage on a woman mostly does not even come from a man. It is mostly derived from several ladies the woman sees around her that are married and supposedly living a happily married life.

We are all involved in this!I know of fathers that groom their daughters for marriage right from the womb cos dey believe women have nothing to offer

So also our mothers and relatives! It is hammered into ourHeads daily so automatically it becomes the norm.

We are all involved!! But to change that we can start from our generation of kids and make them know. Marriage is not the ultimate
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by 1stola: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2013
FLYFIRE: RANTINGS OF A FRUSTRATED WOMAN angry angry angry

[size=20pt]Exactly.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by collynzo2(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2013
This is very simple........ Assume there are no societal pressures, both men and women are free to decide to marry or remain single. How many percent of men and women will marry?
Answer that question sincerely.
If only you knew the fun in bachelorhood,
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by RuuDie(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2013
@ OP,

Point of correction, it is women who have this mind-set, not men!
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2013
Let me ask all the Ladies in nairaland two simple questions.

* Do you have a boyfriend?

* What was/is your aim for keeping a boyfriend?

1ndidi2:

We are all involved in this!I know of fathers that groom their daughters for marriage right from the womb cos dey believe women have nothing to offer

So also our mothers and relatives! It is hammered into ourHeads daily so automatically it becomes the norm.

We are all involved!! But to change that we can start from our generation of kids and make them know. Marriage is not the ultimate

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by honeric01(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2013
collynzo2: This is very simple........ Assume there are no societal pressures, both men and women are free to decide to marry or remain single. How many percent of men and women will marry?
Answer that question sincerely.
If only you knew the fun in bachelorhood,

70% of men likely never going to marry if given thr chance and if free sex is not frown upon by the society.

Women naturally are builders, in building, you need foundation, marriage is one major aspect of the foundation, the day that aspect's removed, the day buildings begin to crumble.

We can all see what single-home is causing to morals (excluding the widows/widowers)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by collynzo2(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2013
Women compete with themselves on everything; high heeled shoes, brazillian waves, excessive make-ups etc. Most times they do it thinking that it's meant to attract men, but the truth is that they are only competing with themselves. The truth is that most men don't fancy their women putting on excessive make-up and all that, but they don't say it just to avoid appearing rude, a poll here will prove that.
The bottomline is that women always put pressure on themselves for no reason, and later blame it on men, it's not only about marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by devour129: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2013
softy:

@OP, what is ur own personal plan concerning marriage??.....u wanna marry someday?.........because bad examples of marriage dominate ur area where u live DOES NOT connote men see women in marriage as 'slave'........!

Whether figuratively or literarily, your 2% about sane men that treat women right is just ridiculous.........so, 98% of men (whether married,aspiring,undecided) are INSANE (treats women like gabbage)?

Nigeria is blessed with both bad women and men as a group, and others as good ones!

What is ur parental background?......can u explain the kind of love you learn from them?

If u are not a feminist, don't act like one.

To tell u as a fact, some married women are very bad, even transfer the bad habits to their daughters!.......and the cycle continues!

What is ur point of bringing up a thread that shows who u really are- disturbed and bittered

My advice for u:
Make hay when the sun shines!
be ready to bring in good character whenever u are ready to get hooked!
Thanks.
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!! Everything is life only works well if you put your self in it. I think she says all that crap to make her self feel better.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by devour129: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2013
softy:

@OP, what is ur own personal plan concerning marriage??.....u wanna marry someday?.........because bad examples of marriage dominate ur area where u live DOES NOT connote men see women in marriage as 'slave'........!

Whether figuratively or literarily, your 2% about sane men that treat women right is just ridiculous.........so, 98% of men (whether married,aspiring,undecided) are INSANE (treats women like gabbage)?

Nigeria is blessed with both bad women and men as a group, and others as good ones!

What is ur parental background?......can u explain the kind of love you learn from them?

If u are not a feminist, don't act like one.

To tell u as a fact, some married women are very bad, even transfer the bad habits to their daughters!.......and the cycle continues!

What is ur point of bringing up a thread that shows who u really are- disturbed and bittered

My advice for u:
Make hay when the sun shines!
be ready to bring in good character whenever u are ready to get hooked!
Thanks.
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!! Everything in life only works well if you put your self in it. I think she says all that crap to make her self feel better.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]
Oh my goodness, not again.
Not every woman wants it biko, your census was not accurate. They do it, but not necessarily because they want it.
They just don't want to be stigmatized. They want a life free of stigma, not a marriage of slavery and servitude.
My dear speak for ur self, if u dont wanna get married, its not by force, no body will marry u.
But for u to come and say slavery and servitude is what women go into, i wont agree to that. My wife has a 10k dollars rock on her hand, i still wash the plates when she's tired, most times i cook our food. She still complains of this and that but thats love right there. No body said marriage is easy, so if u cannot sacrifice a few pleasures to live with ur spouse, great, but be rest assured that in ten yrs u will still come back to rewrite this post.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by empexy(m): 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
Dear OP,
If you are suggesting adoption, someone gave birth to those kids (who are either orphans or abandoned kids).

Or Having kids out of wedlock? please that is fornication my sister.

GENESIS 2:24: " Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Cabsso(m): 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
E dey pain u say u neva get bobo so u dy use dis talk 2console ur self. Sori ehn!
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by gaburiel(m): 12:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
The question should be why do women think their lives cannot go on without marriage
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by devour129: 12:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
biolabee:

so uncalled for.....

I thot u were a female poster
if you read my post you won't have to ask that question . I have never insulted any single lady before but these chicks are pushing it. Why do they always like to make out us married ones like we are living in bondage or only managing our lives cos we still live in the Stone Age ? I can begrudge anyone to think and feel whatever makes them sleep better at night but don't spoil the notion of marriage for our younger generation coming up. If your parents marriage ddnt work,try make yours work so your kids can learn from you not talking trash here. Am going to boast here YES SOME OF US HAVE IT ALL,some are still working on there's and some are almost there. If you not married its your choice but don't come here acting like you are all that ! Bee baby that was the point am trying to make,sorry it offended you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by iLUMeN8(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
Its the impression that ALL women have given us guys.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by segend(m): 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
I agree with those saying women put d pressure on themselves. My gf just broke up wit me cos I dnt want 2 marry dis year, and she MUST marry dis year, according 2 her. And women treat been married like an achievement. Meet a man, he introduces himself by his 1st time, no matter his status, meet a married woman, its always mrs....even those u are older than. A colleague was once reporting a rude client 2 me, and she was like 'how can he talk to me like that, doesn't he know that I am married' like been married is something 2 be respected
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by kekilika: 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]
i feel the plight of women and
i also understand your fears and depression which may have resulted from your previous relationships, your family background experiences, the society, religion and what have you. However, you raised up issues which cleary butress the point that women are unique and strong but to throw marriage to thrashbin and claim women dont need it, is wrong. Fine, you have made aware the challenges women face in their live in being a wife and a mum. What i expect you to do on this forum is ask how men can begin to support. I would never marry to kill my woman with chores because i grew up being very close to my mother and so did many other. I know so many ways out.
Atleast we have 2% nigerian men and i plead they should help us out on how they have been doing it. Lol
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
If you find husband you no see then come nairaland dey yarn dust.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by biolabee(m): 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
honeric01:

70% of men likely never going to marry if given thr chance and if free sex is not frown upon by the society.

Women naturally are builders, in building, you need foundation, marriage is one major aspect of the foundation, the day that aspect's removed, the day buildings begin to crumble.

We can all see what single-home is causing to morals (excluding the widows/widowers)

Very good points but your percentage is too high as I believe men too are builders
They nEed a stable platform to indoctrinate the next generattion
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Carius(m): 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
Onyegecha: That is a lie. The pressure is built into them by the menfolk through the socialization techniques they carefully created to keep women's psyche tied to men. I am glad some women are waking up to reality. Yes, if it's not working, quit. If you don't find someone you are very very very comfortable with, don't get into marriage. Do not marry for better or for worse. The moment love leaves the marriage, the woman should be wise enough to follow suit.

This is pathetic,especially coming from a woman.I wonder how many people would still remain married if they all took ur advice;why not take a cue from ur own mother.A woman is the home builder.if everyone gave up at the slightest sign of difficulty,just imagine what d world would be like.If Thomas Edison had taken d cowardly approach of throwing in the towel,we would not have d incandescent bulb today;same with all d great inventors and innovators.am even more surprised that some girls were liking ur post.Pls,marriage is not Bf/Gf...do away with ur ego and pride!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by hotbabe001(f): 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
Dats Nigerian men mentality. Rubbish
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by namelesss: 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2013
I couldn't agree more... But to be frank this is the cause of lesb-“I.ansm withn women... The feeling that they don't need men

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by collynzo2(m): 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
The OP must be from a broken home, I advise her to see a shrink and get the stigma out instead of cotaminating others with it. You can have a better marriage than your parents
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by biolabee(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
devour129: if you read my post you won't have to ask that question . I have never insulted any single lady before but these chicks are pushing it. Why do they always like to make out us married ones like we are living in bondage or only managing our lives cos we still live in the Stone Age ? I can begrudge anyone to think and feel whatever makes them sleep better at night but don't spoil the notion of marriage for our younger generation coming up. If your parents marriage ddnt work,try make yours work so your kids can learn from you not talking trash here. Am going to boast here YES SOME OF US HAVE IT ALL,some are still working on there's and some are almost there. If you not married its your choice but don't come here acting like you are all that ! Bee baby that was the point am trying to make,sorry it offended you.

Dear ma, appreciate your response
Always knew you to be a mature poster so was shocked at first
With this it now makes sense
No offense ma

The chocolate poster has not yet come out to say what is on her mind so let be watching

OP Are you a feminist or just plain against marriage
Again I ask What is your point
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Policewoman(f): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]SERIOUSLY? WHY? angry

I salute you.
Pls if you have been destined forever to remain a spinstress, don't spread your curse to other ladies who wish to get married. Keep your opinion to thyself and stop polluting our minds. Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by biolabee(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
4bobo: [size=13pt]SEE WHAT LESBIANISM HAS CAUSED. DONT PRAY TO MARRY ,EH? DONT EVEN MARRY AT ALL. INFACT MAY YOU NOT MARRY, AS YOUR WISH.
BUT JUST TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR SELF NOW, AND ANOTHER ONE IN THE NEXT 10-15 YEARS, AND SEE YOUR LIFE, AS YOUR SIBLINGS CHILDREN START TO CALL YOU ANTY AT 60
[/size]

Haba... Wicked bobo!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Reason You Should Smile All The Time / How Do I Politely Ask Her To Leave / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.