Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? (22251 Views)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / How Many Men Think This Way ? (pic).. / Why Do Men Think Their Extramarital Affairs Are Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
chuqudy:

Another cheap old local sl....t.
mschew!! just look at how pathetic you are, calling somebody who has done nothing to you a slüt. I suggest you shut that your contaminated mouth up...foolish cünt.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by emilyone(f): 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
NubiLove: Life is not a fairy tale... women don't need men anymore! A woman can live her life without a man, it is up to her to figure out what she wants from life and pursue it.

There are men that just want kids and a sex partner, they are not interested in getting married and having to deal with relationship/marital issues. So it is not just some women that don't value marriage, so man guys like me just want sex and children.. that's all! So many men also don't care about marriage!
hmmm interesting!
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by dederocs(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
i agree,marriage is overrated.better to be single and free/happy than married in a cage filled with sadness.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by chuqudy(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
ItsModella:
mschew!! just look at how pathetic you are, calling somebody who has done nothing to you a slüt. I suggest you shut that your contaminated mouth up...foolish cünt.

How much did you make today? Kobo kobo. Ntoo. No costomers. I don't mean to insult you by calling you a slut. But I was only praising you for your wisdom and choice of profession. But you must not make every girl to follow your foot steps.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
dederocs: i agree,marriage is overrated.better to be single and free/happy than married in a cage filled with sadness.

On point! Have lots of sex, have the amount of children that you can take care off but don't get married if you are NOT ready to deal with marital/relationship/family problems!
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by honeric01(m): 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
NubiLove:

On point! Have lots of sex, have the amount of children that you can take care off but don't get married if you are NOT ready to deal with marital/relationship/family problems!

And why do you want to give birth? What exactly do you want them to learn from you? Just remain single and pls don't add more problem to the society.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
You are such a... I wish I have time to really reply this very silly post....

The importance of the institution of marriage can't be overemphasized. I completely support the promotion of women's rights in a masculist society like Nigeria's, but this very horrid picture of a master-slave relationship that you've painted makes absolutely no sense. Marriage isn't supposed to be a smooth-sail journey in the first place. it is completely the responsibility of the parties involved to set whatever rules that work for themselves. We all claim that we need freedom but seek companionship/love over everything else at the end of the day. Men too have their own pressures so think well and not type such BS next time you want to attack marriage as an institution.

All these girls wey no dey analyze things critically before they jump to conclusions sef... allowing your self to be brainwashed by what you see in western media would be very disastrous. Our society functions differently from theirs...
don't type this nonsense next time please.

so pissed angry
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
chuqudy:

How much did you make today? Kobo kobo. Ntoo. No costomers. I don't mean to insult you by calling you a slut. But I was only praising you for your wisdom and choice of profession. But you must not make every girl to follow your foot steps.
and this is all your brain could process? what a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by chuqudy(m): 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
ItsModella:
and this is all your brain could process? what a shame.

Sorry. I am not the cause of your misfortune. Don't transfer your anger on me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by ayanfeeledumare: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:
I love men (one in particular), and a good man is an absolute treasure! But the next best thing shouldn't be settling for just any man. I assume we get married to continue in our pursuit of happiness- if I haven't found a man I love, what's wrong with building a career to make me happy? Why do I have to accept a proposal from a man whom I can't make happy and who, potentially, would give me grief (rhetorical question please).
For now “spinster” is a dirty word. We are just saying it shouldn't be.

Good talk! I am convinced by your argument. Your piece is far better and convincing than Madam Chocolates own. My ex broke our courtship because of reasons best known to her. I let her go after much persuasion but no agreement. I respected her decision. Today, we are married in different marriages. Men respect Ladies like these not stupid ones who think that is the end of life. As women are pressured and criticized so are men. We , only handles ours maturely. So what pressure will make a lady take a decision that will make her the ultimate loser. Ladies SHINE YOUR EYES.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Abbott(m): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
OP:
You are embittered and resentful. That is a bad attitude.
Stop infecting other good women with your bitterness...it is real and oozing from your post.
The percentages of good marriages are much more than you think.
Reduce the romantic comedies or nollywood movies you watch or better still, dont be easily impressionable.
To have an enduring marriage, you need to know God and cultivate tolerance like itsmodella rightly said.
Put simply, submit to your husbands, husbands love your wives. Neither is negotiable.
This simple creed will bless any union if adhered to by both parties.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by luvmijeje(f): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

Did you read the post at all? Anyway, you're not the only one misconstruing this topic so it doesn't matter. It`s as though most of these people commenting here are proving dense on purpose.

The issue is not that women are better of single (period/full stop). I guarantee that every woman still wants to find that special man that she just can't live without. Someone she loves and is loved by. However, in Africa we live in a patriachal society where a woman naturally is an extension of a man - when she's young she's her father`s daughter, when she`s grown she`s a man`s wife. If she's grown and is not married, tongues would start wagging “who knows why no man is coming for her? She must have had countless abortions, who knows how many lovers she's had, dividends of a loose, filthy, reckless life!”

No one believes a woman in her thirties has chosen to remain single because she just hasn't found the man she wants. Frankly, in our society it`s a foolish thing for a woman to do - why wait for love when you're already thirty?. The “sensible” thing to do is to marry any man who's ready to have you so that you can become a respectable woman.

It`s constantly drummed in our ears that “men are scarce” (not “good men” just men) and so we ought to count ourselves lucky to have gotten a proposal. And men are well aware of the “prize” they've become - a lot of them have given up on building themselves knowing that just being a man is enough to take away the “shame” of spinsterhood of an aging but wealthy woman.

That's the Africa we live in. Hence the topic. Men believe they're handing us a lottery ticket with a marriage proposal and many women are inclined to say yes, even though there's no love. It`s not surprising that a woman would condone abuse and cheating to remain in their “husband`s” house. It`s also not surprising that men would abuse and cheat on their wives knowing she's bound to look the other way (abi she wan pack go hin papa house).

I love men, and a good man is an absolute treasure! But the next best thing shouldn't be settling for just any man. I assume we get married to continue in our pursuit of happiness- if I haven't found a man I love, what's wrong with building a career to make me happy? Why do I have to accept a proposal from a man whom I can't make happy and who, potentially, would give me grief (rhetorical question please).

For now “spinster” is a dirty word. We are just saying it shouldn't be.
Words of wisdom. Case closed.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by ayanfeeledumare: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
dederocs: i agree,marriage is overrated.better to be single and free/happy than married in a cage filled with sadness.

Lazy men talk like this. When a lazy man meets a madam Chacolate.... it is better imagined than experienced.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
See Gobe
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
Plastic Bones cool
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by kooto(m): 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
Well op, I believe women's life can go on without marriage, you are a lady; and I want to believe you can carry on without marriage, my dear my advice is don't think its palatable because that void will be there, it's a natural thing you cannot change "and your desire shall be to your husband"so to whom will your desire go when you don't have a husband? this is what God said to the woman "EVE" once it is not fullfilled a void is created. just that those experiencing this find it difficult to tell others they just pretend all is well. on pressure you don't have to give in to pressure if you don't want to.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
devour129: marriage it's for companionship ,to re-procreate ,to have some with whom you share common,to have someone that will always have your back,some to grow old with etc. if you are not married with the excuse that not marriages are bliss,am so so so so so so so sorry for you. Am sure you can trade all you think you have for a husband of your own.dont know why all these single girls think we are not happy and they go behind us trying to steal our husbands

Even as a married woman , you still Envious of me... Who wants to steal your pot bellied fat baboon like hussby, cheesy when am in a great relationship already... Holy Ghost Fire......!.. Destroy my enemies sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Sweetapple007(f): 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
My sis this unequal relationship can only exist in uncivilised countries, i support ur post. That is why we shldnt allow what we hear affect us, but women shld learn to believ in themselve. Always inspire themselves wit positive things, ad make a different to ur world. No matter what a man say he has a sister ad somehow he is talking to himself.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
gfay:
Nice post: especially the part u said U waka tire smiley lol
Are you saying men prefer poor women to rich ones?

Honest to God, most men prefer to settle down with poor hungry women, than a comfortable /rich girl... It's only very few men that appreciate the success of a woman , would want to marry such women.. I agree, that some successful women can be very arrogant but likewise some successful men too... It's all about the upbringing from both sides ...av had dates with successful men who carried themselves with some much arrogance, angryand that was the first and last dates with such men. I detests arrogance, no matter how successful I am.. Humility to me, is the watchword and that has taken me very far in business... Most men truly prefer a poor looking woman.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by devour129: 5:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
Amelian:

Even as a married woman , you still Envious of me... Who wants to steal your pot bellied fat baboon like hussby, cheesy when am in a great relationship already... Holy Ghost Fire......!.. Destroy my enemies sad
so it means the guy you are with has pot belly Abi ? My dear get out of that ghetto you live and see that pot belly is a thing of the past for successful people like us.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]

Lies.

Look at Nairaland for instance, do you see women making noise about how other women are not getting married?
There is even an idiotic thread on front page that was started by a man that talks about how some women will never get married unless they change like say na by force to marry.
Yep Mr cork no 1.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Amelian:

Lol, how is she envious of you? and have you seen her hubby before to infact know he's pot bellied?

You girls never seize to amuse me honestly, you just stated on this thread how exorbitant marriage is and now you stated are in a relationship to prove a point?

We are not your enemies, focus your bad belle to those pressuring you for marriage period!

Why should we feel bad for being happy for crying out loud?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by tpia5: 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
Since when does pot belly, physical looks, or anything at all prevent desperate women from snatching somebody's man?

Its only if the man is single or poor that sirens notice if he has potbelly or is goodlooking/ugly. If he's not single and rich, he has to be a champion runner to get away from the myriads of ladies who will pursue him like lions pursue game.

Lets stop deceiving ourselves please, and lets also stop calling God's name in vain anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
devour129: so it means the guy you are with has pot belly Abi ? My dear get out of that ghetto you live and see that pot belly is a thing of the past for successful people like us.
q

I don't desire pot belly men, and sorry yours is not palatable... Even if u dash me for free... My guy is more polished with chiseled features....and he is more than u can ever dream of having as a husband .. Sorry dear, I don't need yours grin... Am perfect with my bobo...
If e pain u too much... Go hug whatever ... cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by tpia5: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
Madam, you are fooling nobody here.

If your man is not imaginary, you wont be spending your time arguing on an internet forum over irrelevancies.

Way to seek attention.

Na so dem go say dem dey abuse men until one intentionally or accidentally looks their way, then its straight to the babalawo to cement the deal.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
tpia@:
Madam, you are fooling nobody here.

If your man is not imaginary, you wont be spending your time arguing on an internet forum over irrelevancies.

Way to seek attention.

In your mind he is imaginary... In mylife, he is real.... And I trust me, I don't need to seek for any attention, not my style... But one thing I will not let go is when someone like devour 129 thinks every woman wants to steal her husband... shocked....especially directing it to my own post... Do I know her, do I know you, so what's my own with her husband... If she is frustrated with her man,and his numerous girlfrnds, she shud take her grumbling to their doorsteps, not on open forum here..am content with what I have...I don't need No married man...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Suprises: 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Suprises: 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
Amelian: q

I don't desire pot belly men, and sorry yours is not palatable... Even if u dash me for free... My guy is more polished with chiseled features....and he is more than u can ever dream of having as a husband .. Sorry dear, I don't need yours grin... Am perfect with my bobo...
If e pain u too much... Go hug whatever ... cheesy
hey! holl am dia! why u dey open ur mouth dey yarn dust? it looks like u dnt hav respect 4 married women...wait make i catch u dia
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
Suprises: hey! holl am dia! why u dey open ur mouth dey yarn dust? it looks like u dnt hav respect 4 married women...wait make i catch u dia

If some married women can't respect themselves even in public? And also disrespects me... Why shud I do the opposite? Respect is reciprocal ...whether married or single.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
chuqudy:

Another cheap old local sl....t.
nigga show some respect! Thats modella right there.... She is a lady, pls dont talk to women like that

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by charles424(m): 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
Amelian:

I don't care if you are a fool or not.... The issue is am a happier and free person now.. Am no more suffering and smiling, like in the past...whether u believe o, or u don't believe o... Am less concerned... smiley...gerrit.... grin

@Amelian...Simply you are a failure...oh sorry ooooo

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
charles424:

@Amelian...Simply you are a failure...oh sorry ooooo

grin grin grin in yur dreams guy!... In this real world, am a winner... Take it or leave it....it's up to you... But I know me.... smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? / Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong / Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.