Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? (22474 Views)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / How Many Men Think This Way ? (pic).. / Why Do Men Think Their Extramarital Affairs Are Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by collynzo2(m): 10:48pm On Apr 23, 2013
bukatyne:

You have time to reply people who can't comprehend

But you have made about 1000 replies yourself to those same people........says a lot about you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by collynzo2(m): 10:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
tpia@:
Who is bukatyne and why is she parked permanently on the thread and fighting everybody?

she is a jobless twunt
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
Who created the we will have sex when you marry me?
Or I'm waiting till marriage.

Nl women are too dumb..you are the one putting pressure on men
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 24, 2013
collynzo2:

she is a jobless twunt

Really. Pot...kettle....black. If she's “parked” posting comments and you're “parked” reading them, how are u employing yourself any better? Dimwit!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Who created the we will have sex when you marry me?
Or I'm waiting till marriage.

Nl women are too dumb..you are the one putting pressure on men

Cameroonpride? Calling someone else dumb? Babes, if you can't articulate yourself properly don't blame me for misunderstanding you. Don't lash out in your frustation calling NL women dumb, be kind to yourself - visit a french thread. Someone here may not have any problems kicking a cripple. Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 24, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

Cameroonpride? Calling someone else dumb? Babes, if you can't articulate yourself properly don't blame me for misunderstanding you. Don't lash out in your frustation calling NL women dumb, be kind to yourself - visit a french thread. Someone here may not have any problems kicking a cripple. Just saying.

Go f.inger yourself , you lonely biatch.
I don't give a shiat about what you think or your feelings.now get lost and don't quote me anymore.
Anuofia.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 24, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

Dumbo, dumb azz u are and will always b..poster of a failed education
So this is an English thread? And u dare wonder why I call Nl women dumb?
Hopefully not all are dumb.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 24, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

Why the fuq do u call me babe? Idiat..

Dumboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Idiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Vinso(m): 10:19am On Apr 24, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

I could kiss u right now.
Offcourse......lesbians
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Why the fuq do u call me babe? Idiat..

Dumboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Idiaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Sweetheart in the English language (coloq) “baby” is used for women and men.

Don't get all bent out of shape now, I'm sure u opened up your mouth really wide to say that cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 24, 2013
Vinso:
Offcourse......lesbians

Sure...Bigot!

This name calling is actually fun when u don't have much else to do, isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Vinso(m): 10:36am On Apr 24, 2013
Amelian: Www.www. Are you in this planet? shocked...
Am hungry, make I go prepare something juicy for dinner. smiley
Stay single and die young..
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Dumbo, dumb azz u are and will always b..poster of a failed education
So this is an English thread? And u dare wonder why I call Nl women dumb?
Hopefully not all are dumb.

Poster of a failed education if you are trying to insult me at least try to be intelligible otherwise you are just wasting my time. And if you do not know that this exchange is going on in English, then you are even more confused than i had thought.......

Regarding the other bit of name-calling, I feel like I have to respond with: I'm rubber you're glue, anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you.
“Dumbo”, “dumb azz”, what,are you 12? That's simply Juevenile!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
collynzo2:

But you have made about 1000 replies yourself to those same people........says a lot about you.

I made 1,000 replies and this post will be the 301st post on this thread. I guess the remaining 699 are spiritual posts.

I am certain you did not understand my post you quoted.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by ifyalways(f): 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
Do you believe in life after love . . .
I can feel something inside of me say,i really dont think its strong enough , no. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTYzz_hTIw4
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by tpia5: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

Sweetheart in the English language (coloq) “baby” is used for women and men.

Don't get all bent out of shape now, I'm sure u opened up your mouth really wide to say that cheesy

madam, dont twist the meaning of babes.

we all know what the context of using it is, just say you've had a crush on the guy and have been waiting for an opportunity to show it.

i believe we are all adults here.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by chuqudy(m): 3:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
ARES: nigga show some respect! Thats modella right there.... She is a lady, pls dont talk to women like that

I dont blame you. You are one of her cost... Use your poor brain TO COMPLETE THE STATEMENT ,since u can't mind your own bussiness.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by chuqudy(m): 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
ARES:
Hey modella dont even answer the cow head again. All these gala sellers who found them selves on NL

No matter how u try hard to defend her on Nairaland, she no go give u the thing for free. So stop disturbing yourself, woman rapper.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
tpia@:

we all know what the context of using it is, just say you've had a crush on the guy and have been waiting for an opportunity to show it.

Sweetheart I'm not offended that you think I have a crush on Cameroonpride. I believe he is, albeit a bit silly, a good person, wouldn't you say?. I do think, however, that you have received too little love in your life if you would attach serious emotions to a cheap and random term of endearment.

Baby, I might have a crush on you too so why don't you run in the opposite direction and tell mommy?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by chuqudy(m): 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
SAGirl: WOW... this is one of teh most beautiful articles I have ever read. And so well-written at that (compared to some of teh stuff that we are subjected to on this forum)...

And I think people are confusing issues... this is not about the pressure women put on each other. This article is simply telling an average man that we are no as eager to become his wife as he believes. So its time you really got over yourselves.

What women do to each each other should not even be discussed here.

The fact is that women do not gain anything from marriage... IT DOES NOT BENEFIT US AT ALL. More and more women are starting to realise that and it scared the crap out of the male-species.

It is simple. If any man seeks your hand in marriage. Say NO.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by tpia5: 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

Sweetheart I'm not offended that you think I have a crush on Cameroonpride. I believe he is, albeit a bit silly, a good person, wouldn't you say?. I do think, however, that you have received too little love in your life if you would attach serious emotions to a cheap and random term of endearment.

Baby, I might have a crush on you too so why don't you run in the opposite direction and tell mommy?

^ try not to derail the thread, you people are way too sensitive with your insecurities. You turn everything into a fight, instead of taking what will benefit you from people's posts, even if you disagree with their opinions. oh well, its your life, your way. What irritates me is the envy and whining when you later see others who werent bull headed like you.

Raggedy_Ann:

your personal attacks say more about you, lets leave that in order not to derail the thread.

the bolded speaks volumes, you're using a "term of endearment" for someone you pretend to be at loggerheads with. And your choice of endearment wasnt "dear" but "babes" (short for baby), see, this is why onila has more admirers even when they are critical of her threads. She is still open and honest about her feelings when she has them. All the playing and pretence done by some of you other folks, simply delays your endeavour, because you are fooling nobody.

of course you can insist i dont know what I'm talking about, thats your prerogative.

I'm not a lesbian, dear, sorry to disappoint you.

tell mummy, tell daddy, tell my gossip partner, tell my boss, tell my fellow rumour mongers, isnt that the point of you owning a blackberry?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Go f.inger yourself , you lonely biatch.
I don't give a shiat about what you think or your feelings.now get lost and don't quote me anymore.
Anuofia.

Lol, finger myself? Is it that time of the day yet? I see what you've been doing with your time *winks*

I would leave you alone, seeing as you don't give a “shiat”, but I'm having too much fun poking you so please indulge me. Are you really going to leave a lonely biatch hanging? You squirm so good!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
tpia@:

^ try not to derail the thread, you people are way too sensitive with your insecurities. You turn everything into a fight, instead of taking what will benefit you from people's posts, even if you disagree with their opinions. oh well, its your life, your way. What irritates me is the envy and whining when you later see others who werent bull headed like you.

your personal attacks say more about you, lets leave that in order not to derail the thread.

the bolded speaks volumes, you're using a "term of endearment" for someone you pretend to be at loggerheads with. And your choice of endearment wasnt "dear" but "babes" (short for baby), see, this is why onila has more admirers even when they are critical of her threads. She is still open and honest about her feelings when she has them. All the playing and pretence done by some of you other folks, simply delays your endeavour, because you are fooling nobody.

of course you can insist i dont know what I'm talking about, thats your prerogative.

I'm not a lesbian, dear, sorry to disappoint you.

tell mummy, tell daddy, tell my gossip partner, tell my boss, tell my fellow rumour mongers, isnt that the point of you owning a blackberry?

Really? My blackberry can do that too?

You don't have to be a lesbian for me to crush on you and don't ever feel that you need to apologise for your orientation no matter how disappointed you think I would be.

What's wrong with “baby” it`s patronizing, seriously, what kind of person are you? Ease up a bit

As for Onila (who ever that is) and her admirers - good for her (I guess), she's worked for them. You can see here that I'm on a different path?

And for derailing the thread (which u appear to be obsessed with), traffic is slow but if you have something to get it back on track with - please.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
I don't know you from Adam to eve so I beg u, stop quoting me and worrying about what I do/say on NL.

You know where you can shove your meaningless.advices.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
tpia@:

are you serious with the bolded.

you really think a general women issue is only applicable to nigerian women?
Blame it on Nairaland and Nollywood. Not that other women do not think about marriage, but they tend to handle being single a little better than Nigerian women. Again, my source is Nairaland and Nollywood. The reality on the ground may be different.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 25, 2013
Like how the op ran away
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by anukulapo: 6:15am On Apr 25, 2013
Good Girl:
Blame it on Nairaland and Nollywood. Not that other women do not think about marriage, but they tend to handle being single a little better than Nigerian women. Again, my source is Nairaland and Nollywood. The reality on the ground may be different.

gringringrin---i love your sincerity. These are typical sources of counsel for our naija babes una come say make we ladies no talk "bla bla bla" for this thread.

Since the shift from the mills and booms,NL and Nollywood family value things don enter voice mail.
*not saying mills and booms na better source o* don't quote me abeg. grin
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by jidewin(m): 9:42am On Apr 25, 2013
Amelian: We love marriage but not all women are desperate to be married, especially when she lives well , she has a supportive guy, good family ties,, what'else does she need to crave for?... Most single couples are better and happier than married couples... Some girls might be unhappy they are single but not all single girls...
Does being married to a man, make him yours permanently and live happily thereafter ?
Do wives own their husbands?
Do all men want to be owned by their wives?
Then why is divorce rate so high? sad
Hi..as i said i would get back to your post in the bolded part...

1. Infidelity

Cheating seems like the most common reason for divorce, due largely in part to the media. Athletes, singers, politicians, and other “celebrities” are often in the spotlight because of their infidelity; in some cases, this cheating involves multiple people and is usually quite scandalous, garnering worldwide attention and often wrecking their personal and professional lives. But infidelity isn’t just reserved for those in the limelight – it’s a situation that arises in the marriages of normal people, too. Infidelity is different from the other reasons on this list primarily because it’s usually caused by other issues. As a matter of fact, it may occur because of…

2. Communication

Communication is often the glue that holds a marriage together. If two people are in-tune with each other’s feelings, opinions, and values, then it’s a great benefit to their relationship. Generally, this means that they actually have to speak honestly and openly with each other, and although it may seem difficult to do this amidst jobs, children, and other obligations, it’s an important component to any relationship. If two people don’t openly express their feelings or concerns, then there’s no way to work together to help or fix them. Talk about sex. Tell your partner if you feel emotionally or mentally unfulfilled. If you need attention, ask for it. Two people get married because they communicate that they love each other and want to make their love official…so this is a great place to start.

3. Money
of marriages. Money is nice to have, and it’s a great way to show how much you really care, but money (or lack thereof) often tears people apart. Lay-offs, medical bills, children and even basic household bills can be burdensome and can cause stress for couples. Poverty and the struggles that correspond with it can test marriages, but communication and mutual compromise can help a relationship survive amidst difficult financial times.

4. Priorities

With careers, social obligations, and families to care for, it can be hard to find quality time to spend with your spouse, yet the livelihood of your relationship depends on it. By taking time out of your busy lives to spend quality time together, marriage satisfaction can be greatly improved. Don’t hesitate to schedule date nights or plan events with your spouse to make sure they’re not missed.

Although marriage may have its ups and downs, it usually pays off in the long run. Understanding the primary concerns that often arise in marriage is the first step in preventing and overcoming them.

Catch y'all later wink
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by tpia5: 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
The problem is some women now consider it embarassing to admit they would like to be married.

They also encourage others to do the same.

Like i pointed out, there are millions or billions of people who absolutely do not marry, mainly for reasons including religion, but if you're not so inclined, it is not a sin to want to marry.

However, the issue which arises is are you realistic about your choices, and the means of getting them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 26, 2013
tpia@:

SO using babe, honey, dear means u have a crush on someone? Seriously which century did u jump from. I hope u are not the type of girl who jumps and thinks all men are inluv with u when they call u dear or babe cos u will be in for a major disappointment Honey( and no i dnt have a crush on u) smdh!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 26, 2013
tpia@:
The problem is some women now consider it embarassing to admit they would like to be married.

They also encourage others to do the same.

Like i pointed out, there are millions or billions of people who absolutely do not marry, mainly for reasons including religion, but if you're not so inclined, it is not a sin to want to marry.

However, the issue which arises is are you realistic about your choices, and the means of getting them.
The topic is not abt women being embarrassed to get married. Not every man wants to get married or wants to get married now and the same can be said for some woman. Just because getting married is the be all and end all for u, does not mean others have the same views. Ppl are different, u cannot just categories someone with different views and opinions as being embarrased. Alot of men(not all) feel that getting married is the b all and end all for women and that we shud b lucky or feel priviledge or act like this or that or nobody will marry us, like that is the only thing women strive for.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I don't know you from Adam to eve so I beg u, stop quoting me and worrying about what I do/say on NL.

You know where you can shove your meaningless.advices.

please take your own advice. Are u not the same person who was worrying abt me and mentioning my name and adabeke"s etc just recently. Pot calling the kettle black. As the saying goes" what goes around comes around.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Reason You Should Smile All The Time / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? / Names That Make One Looks Older Than His Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.