Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF (27105 Views)

FG Names Abuja Streets After Jonathan, Sambo, Atiku, 185 Others / #PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes. / Nine Die As Boko-Haram Fights Fake Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by ektbear: 6:39am On Apr 22, 2013
careytommy:
This story is concocted from a previous one jor...most likely during the ND insurgency else which type of bush and creek do they have in Borno?

Well the article claims that this happened near Lake Chad. Where there is a lake, it isn't farfetched to imagine creeks.

3 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:50am On Apr 22, 2013
nedu2000: they r not at least 4rm d report,the innocent once again lost der lives
I'm sorry but people who shield terrorists can hardly be described as innocents.

3 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by saintneo(m): 6:54am On Apr 22, 2013
Can someone convey the killed animals(cows, goats, sheep) down south, we need meat here.

2 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by touch4mony: 7:18am On Apr 22, 2013
He who shelters a criminal is also a criminal,they did not jst enter there on dat sunday so why have they not reported the new face they are seeing and now ur cryinh but u called for it.b security alert
Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by tarryT(m): 7:26am On Apr 22, 2013
Roland17: A government that is yet to show any sign of commitment to the security of lives and properties of its citizens but is notorious for embezzling and massively corrupt officials is nothing but a shame to the nation.

#Nigeriansdeservebetter
ni....er stfu.. This type of invasion is exactly what these bastards deserve..

4 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by nedu2000(m): 7:28am On Apr 22, 2013
stjudas:
Pls, don't be an isi ewu!!!!! GEJ has got no business with what is happening in the north. One man already vowed to make the nation ungovernable....... Hahaha, now its a boomerang. Let the blood of the innocent continue to fill the streets so they have a taste of what happened in Odi in 1999 which they found funny. Let the fight continue, even they can choose to launch nuclear warheads, i don't give a Bleep..... All I need do is tune to AIT and watch the level od destruction they've suffered from the south. I'd also love to see women disemboweled, children die from hunger and starvation, and businesses brought to a halt. Every southerner can remain in the north at his own peril.....
can U̶̲̥̅̊ imagine how selfish & wicked U̶̲̥̅̊ r?so GEJ is the president of southern nigeria only dat whatever happens to the north isn't his business,if someone said he'll make nigeria ungovernable then let the authorities get the person arrested. GEJ has failed nigerians!!ur brother has failed nigerians!!!!dats a fact. if U̶̲̥̅̊ fink the violence won't eventually spill in2 southern naija eventually then ur being delusional.......U̶̲̥̅̊ don hear Mr niger-Delta wink
Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by rawtruth(m): 7:29am On Apr 22, 2013
stjudas: Allahu akbar...... Allah may u guide ur own as they fight against those who fight against Islam. Thanks for protecting ur mosque.

One boko haram member identified. Next?...

15 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by nedu2000(m): 7:33am On Apr 22, 2013
ArQueBusieR: I'm sorry but people who shield terrorists can hardly be described as innocents.
they simply live in borno,just as U̶̲̥̅̊ reside in urs. Maybe I'm sentimental 'cos I served in the said state & was treated with hospitality

1 Like

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by naptu2: 7:33am On Apr 22, 2013
ekt_bear:

Well, if drug dealers operated in my neighborhood, I don't think anyone would think too poorly of me if I decided not to get involved in stopping them. Especially if they know where I live, know my house specifically, are armed and dangerous (as drug dealers usually are), etc.

Ever heard of the phrase "snitches get stitches?" Not sure if it applied to the Nigerian context, but it very well may.

Long story short, innocent bystanders may have legitimate reasons for not getting involved. Especially if the cost of getting involved is the Nigerian army turning your village into a war zone and wiping out nearly 200 of you sad

Quite true. This is one reason why Kano has been repeatedly attacked by Boko Haram. Unlike citizens of other cities in the north, citizens of Kano have always given information to the security agencies and have lynched boko haram militants on many occasions. This has resulted in repeated attacks on the city and letters from boko haram warning residents of the city to desist from co-operating with the security services.

I wonder what the militants were guarding in that town. If the General's statement is true, the violence started when JTF soldiers tried to search a house in the town.

1 Like

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by tarryT(m): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2013
nedu2000: they r not at least 4rm d report,the innocent once again lost der lives
This report is twisted and only a twisted mind will beleave this "bh" report...

1 Like

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by cheddarking(m): 7:41am On Apr 22, 2013
Winning the war against Boko Haram was never going to be easy. The Chechen wars come to mind as an example of religio-political wars whose flames have yet to be fully extinguished since fighting broke out in '94.

Its rather unfortunate that Mr President, for whatever reasons, has failed to fully grasp the seriousness of the current situation.

Boko Haram are not rioters that need to be dispersed - they are very well drilled enemy combatants engaging our country in a very explicit War.

So how can you grant an amnesty to your opponents at war while the battle still rages? More importantly, If you are yet to win the war raging within your borders, What right has Mr. President got to send a PEACE KEEPING FORCE to Mali?

Aso Rock needs to re-strategize and do so very quickly, as the Boko Situation is proving to other potential militant groups out there, that it is possible to wage a war against the might of Nigeria....and WIN as long as incompetent leaders continue to call the shots.

2 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by MajeOfficial: 7:50am On Apr 22, 2013
185 Nigerians died and Photo Of Banky-W And Waje Blowing Kisses Before AMMA Awards is the #1 topic on the front page with only 2 pages of comments due to the moderators of this joke of a site.

3 Americans died and it's been international headlines for 1 week now.

3 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by naptu2: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=]185 Nigerians died and Photo Of Banky-W And Waje Blowing Kisses Before AMMA Awards is the #1 topic on the front page with only 2 pages of comments due to the moderators of this joke of a site.

3 Americans died and it's been international headlines for 1 week now.[/quote]

This will eventually get to the front page (in the morning cycle). The Banky W thread got to the front page yesterday (in the evening cycle).
Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by idriis: 7:56am On Apr 22, 2013
stjudas: Actually, Buhari is making his place ungovernable and not Nigeria.
bleeping flying-fool!
Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by rawtruth(m): 7:58am On Apr 22, 2013
alnaijiri: Make no mistake, the BH fighters are misguided and are committing unIslamic atrocities. But EVERY Nigerian Muslim, from Lagos to Katsina, must feel stirred to the soul by the violence that strikes our land. What was it to provoke Muslim youths to such barbarism. Was it a primal cry to defend Islam and our noble way of life passed on to us by our fathers but now under threat from the unspeakable filth of Nigerian (South-dominated) mainstream culture, a culture of wanton greed, of corruption, of adultery, of inhumanity, and above all of delusions.

"Misguided muslims", living among the "guided" muslims and plotting mass murders..., which they carry out with impunity and run back to hide among the "guided" muslims... What a paradox!

Concerning your obvious appeal to the sentiment of muslims "from Lagos to Katsina", you can never "stir the souls" of Yoruba muslims with primitive and blind zeal, because their exposure to Western education has made the kind of Islam they practice different from the one practiced by most of the northern muslims. Don't ever dream that anything that is linked to Boko haram will ever "stir the souls" of a people as enlightened as the Yorubas, or other enlightened muslims.

7 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 22, 2013
front page
Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 8:12am On Apr 22, 2013
Now I know this amnesty will not work for boko boys. The soldiers wld always find a way to truncate it.

He who lives by the sword die by the sword.

1 Like

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by kkkp: 8:13am On Apr 22, 2013
Nw hu is d enemy?? Dis approach by d nigerian military will only make dem stronger..bcus d innocent ppls brodas, cousins,mothers etc dat dey kild wil join bokoharam so dat d will revenge d killing of dere luvd ones..dey will only c d military as dere enemies..AND nigeria 2mao wil say Amnesty International r lieng
Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 22, 2013
Kill them all in the north. Both governors and civilians.. theyre nigeria's problem.. all the diseases are in the north, bombers north... sad

2 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by tarryT(m): 8:23am On Apr 22, 2013
naptu2:

This will eventually get to the front page (in the morning cycle). The Banky W thread got to the front page yesterday (in the evening cycle).
Oga Naptu... Na today u know say nairaland dey malfunction..

1 Like

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by Bobandgreat: 8:32am On Apr 22, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
alnaijiri: Make no mistake, the BH fighters are misguided and are committing unIslamic atrocities. But EVERY Nigerian Muslim, from Lagos to Katsina, must feel stirred to the soul by the violence that strikes our land. What was it to provoke Muslim youths to such barbarism. Was it a primal cry to defend Islam and our noble way of life passed on to us by our fathers but now under threat from the unspeakable filth of Nigerian (South-dominated) mainstream culture, a culture of wanton greed, of corruption, of adultery, of inhumanity, and above all of delusions.

Your brain is full of Islam. You will soon attain mohammedic height of Jihad. Be useful to urself and soceity, become a suicide bomber.

1 Like

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by Ola17: 8:38am On Apr 22, 2013
Northern Muslims should take a cue from their Southern counterparts. They should inform the JTF of suspicious movement, that was how BH activities was foiled in Lagos recently. That terrorists share the same religion with us doesn't mean that we will allow them carry out their nefarious activities in our midst, just because of sentiments.

RIP to the innocent ones.

5 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 22, 2013
Gradually this NairaLand is becoming a failure..............not yet on front page. When tonto dike was not involved.......thanks to PremiumTimesNews on my bbm contact
Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by rawtruth(m): 8:50am On Apr 22, 2013
cheddarking: Winning the war against Boko Haram was never going to be easy. The Chechen wars come to mind as an example of religio-political wars whose flames have yet to be fully extinguished since fighting broke out in '94.

Its rather unfortunate that Mr President, for whatever reasons, has failed to fully grasp the seriousness of the current situation.

Boko Haram are not rioters that need to be dispersed - they are very well drilled enemy combatants engaging our country in a very explicit War.

So how can you grant an amnesty to your opponents at war while the battle still rages? More importantly, If you are yet to win the war raging within your borders, What right has Mr. President got to send a PEACE KEEPING FORCE to Mali?

Aso Rock needs to re-strategize and do so very quickly, as the Boko Situation is proving to other potential militant groups out there, that it is possible to wage a war against the might of Nigeria....and WIN as long as incompetent leaders continue to call the shots.

Well said.

However, Mr President may have initially relied on the advice of prominent northern muslims, believing in their wisdom, honesty and commitment to peace in the region and Nigeria as a whole. But unfolding events have proved him wrong. Any Nigerian leader outside that region would have done the same thing; considering the weighty roles played by Nigerians from that part in the affairs of the country....which left a permanent impression on the minds of most Nigerians that the "monolithic north", remains very powerful and is therefore capable of helping to resolve crises within its domain. Therefore, even the most competent leader is likely to become incompetent in handling the boko haram insurgency when people that are better-placed to help prefer to "pledge their loyalties to their respective creeds than to that which unity holds out for all".

3 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 22, 2013
ekt_bear:

Well, if drug dealers operated in my neighborhood, I don't think anyone would think too poorly of me if I decided not to get involved in stopping them. Especially if they know where I live, know my house specifically, are armed and dangerous (as drug dealers usually are), etc.

Ever heard of the phrase "snitches get stitches?" Not sure if it applied to the Nigerian context, but it very well may.

Long story short, innocent bystanders may have legitimate reasons for not getting involved. Especially if the cost of getting involved is the Nigerian army turning your village into a war zone and wiping out nearly 200 of you sad
Now they dd nt talk nd they are dead! Y not rather talk secretly thru their elders abot dis criminals t d jtf and discus how their ppl shuld b saved if d jtf eventualy comes.
weda dey talkd or nt jtf still came and snce jtf cant difereciate, thy jst shot where dey tnk bokos are.
From the bbc radio, two soldiers were also killed.
Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by moakin: 8:52am On Apr 22, 2013
*During service I saw som young btful children just picking stale & leftover from dumping gound to eat.
*look at saudi arabia a muslim country, how luvly & good they treat themselves.
*Nigeria d only country in africa with polio cases, 98% 4rm d north, those btful babies lose som values.
*to me I c that majority of d muslims careless about others, they do things just for fame. Majority of our government officials are muslims & majorly from north.
*Wif d level of atrocities committed my d islamist sect(dey claim so) I still c christian projects to help poor pple(including muslims too)
*Som1 said he thanked Allah for 4 d mosque stil standing, afta abt 180 (majorly muslims) r. is it there ghost dat will b worshiping there? Even prophet Muhamed worshiped on white sand when dere was no mosque. mosque is just a building, pple make up a mosque or church.
*If d innocent ones had learnt to live alongside d bokos act, den dey shud know d consequences.
*I thing about most muslims, they talk more about good character & practice more of jihad.

3 Likes

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by achi4u(m): 8:53am On Apr 22, 2013
I can't pray for the killing of people anywhere in the world but if it is North.

Let the massacre continue but should exclude women and children...I love kids

1 Like

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by 2goodbobo(m): 8:54am On Apr 22, 2013
Collateral damage I will say. O'God please come to our aid

1 Like

Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:59am On Apr 22, 2013
Where re d pictures
Re: 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF by Lilimax(f): 9:04am On Apr 22, 2013
stjudas: Allahu akbar...... Allah may u guide ur own as they fight against those who fight against Islam. Thanks for protecting ur mosque.
Shut up! Misguided Boko member

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Advises Smart Adeyemi After He Was Sworn In As Senator / Junaid Mohammed: Adeboye Can't Pretend Not To Know What Is Happening / I Will Name My Cabinet This Month, Buhari Tells Ghana's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.