Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State (47221 Views)

Efcc Stormed My Street In Asokoro / A Street In Onitsha After Heavy Rain / A Street In Onitsha When It Rains Lightly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ekoilee: 5:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
gboss4sure:

Hypocrist. But you expect GEJ to fix corruption that has eaten up this country for over 40yrs in a space of 2 or 3yrs abi. You expect him to fix electricty that has been ignored for decades within 2 or 3yrs abi yet people won't expect fashola to fix lagos roads within a space of 6 or 7yrs since he took office. Ndi ire abuo

Nothing of such thing gets fixed overnight, but it is possible over time with honest and sincere efforts which gej is yet to show nigerians and instead he's heading the other way and even encouraging it by sorounding himself with corrupt people and pardoning ex convicts and international fugitive. It is on record that this is the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria.

Obviously, you either don't know the meaning of hypocrisy or you just misused it.

3 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by stylesco: 5:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
Op I just came into lag for the first time in my life on wednesday and this is the only city in Nigeria that's not overhyped.
This city blew my mind away.
Abuja is learning compared to lagos and portharcourt is still a growing child.
I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly in this state but its still to best.

God bless everyone that contributed to making this state what it is.

God bless Fashola.

I'm igbo by the way.

6 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by tunde1200(m): 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
Those streets you show us never bad reach kaleyaye street in my area shasha akonwonjo

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Tocheagle(m): 6:00pm On Apr 26, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
Nigeria will always remain a PIT LATRINE, all talk no action. Giant of Africa by mouth. cheesy grin
what ever village you're from am 100 percent sure where you live is not better than the average hole a rat crawls from. Your country no fit reach Nigeria . So keep quiet cos na on top dust bin you dey view ur own internet
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
eko ilee:

Nothing of such thing gets fixed overnight, but it is possible over time with honest and sincere efforts which gej is yet to show nigerians and instead he's heading the other way and even encouraging it by sounding himself with corrupt people and pardoning ex convicts and international fugitive. It is on record that this is the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria.

Obviously, you either don't know the meaning of hypocrisy or you just misused it.

I will hold you by your words. When you talk of corrupt people what about Tinubu? Also explain the meaning of hypocrisy in your own terms and lets see if it doesn't correspond with your lifestyle on NL.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by hardknockbroda(m): 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
bulletproofmonk: Okay, Lagos is over-hyped. We don hear!
I really do not get some people and their beef for Lagos.
Don't you pay your tax? Or you just have a natural hatred for progress?
FYI, Lagos State is the only state in Nigeria that has a PLAN and working towards its actualization. This is evident from 1999 to date. Some things are yet to work, I agree. But trust me, I see a state working relentlessly to set a standard!

Eko o ni baje o!

1Billion Likes
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by sylve11: 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
@ Op, Why u come make the pictures dey upside down, abi u feel sey na everybody get half-past eyes like u to see things clearly upside down? sad cool
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Tjohnnay: 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
Atheist:-D:
You are 100% right. The streets are atrocious. I have personally walked these streets and they are terrible.
i cnt use my nike nd my lacoste footwears 2 walk on dis street sad sad
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by eggheaders(m): 6:16pm On Apr 26, 2013
TechyGuy: I seriously don't know why ACN supporters, eko ile, eggheader et al, defend the same things they crucify opposition for. It makes you guys sound like paid stooges.
I don't think PDP is doing enough but common, I live in Lagos and know Lagos pretty well, what the op is saying is true. Lagos has some of the worse roads/areas in Nigeria. That is not to say Fashola hasn't done some roads. I may be wrong but I think 80% of Lagos roads are terrible. We are not talking about major roads. I drove through the streets of Oshodi this morning after the rain and it was really bad. Same thing in some other areas. So, stop defending the obvious, you make it more difficult for yourselves.

hey man,ain't gat any party affiliation.and ain't saying the acn government are saints and have performed 100% well.but it a big lie to say they not putting great efforts in getting things fixed.compared with the shyte the pdp gat to offer talking from experience from the alao akala bastardization of oyo state and other pdp failures in the south west pre acn.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by nicflame(m): 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: These pictures depict the true look of streets in Lagos where people believe its a paradise going by what they read and hear on the radio and here in Nairaland.
so much in a hurry to abase the image of ur country... well, u don't expect all roads to look kinky... we have bad roads in developed countries too..
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 6:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
eggheaders: another pdp paid low life.lagos ain't perfect but no pdp state comes a distance second to lagos.

You sure about that? Try Akwa Ibom or Cross-River. Road-wise, Lagos don't even come close to these states, particularly the first.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
TechyGuy: I seriously don't know why ACN supporters, eko ile, eggheader et al, defend the same things they crucify opposition for. It makes you guys sound like paid stooges.
I don't think PDP is doing enough but common, I live in Lagos and know Lagos pretty well, what the op is saying is true. Lagos has some of the worse roads/areas in Nigeria. That is not to say Fashola hasn't done some roads. I may be wrong but I think 80% of Lagos roads are terrible. We are not talking about major roads. I drove through the streets of Oshodi this morning after the rain and it was really bad. Same thing in some other areas. So, stop defending the obvious, you make it more difficult for yourselves.

What do you expect from unrepentant bigots. Whenever one try to have a conversation they result to name calling and abuse even when there are glaring evidences against their claims.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Capnd143(m): 6:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
GOD KNOWS NOBODY SAID THE AINT BAD ROADS IN LASGIDI! The Op must be a pro-buhari campaigner, because the are the type of people that went infront of bristish palamantarians to spew all sort of rubbish about Nigeria, without acknwolodging a single "good deed". To hell with the Op. Go and hug transformer, if u like, even in US AND India and china there are slumps and bad roads.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ekoilee: 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
gboss4sure:

I will hold you by your words. When you talk of corrupt people what about Tinubu? Also explain the meaning of hypocrisy in your own terms and lets see if it doesn't correspond with your lifestyle on NL.

Tinubu is not a public official, he's a private citizen so in what way is he corrupt?

List what he stole,.how much and from who or where.

You people and your silly and misguided fixation on Tinubu is a reflection of hour stupidity and ignorance especially considering the fact that non of you can utter one thing he stole from anybody. Even your abuja uncles tried for so many years and even put him on trial, but all the managed to get out of their dumb adventure was disgrace, foolishness, their own fraud and incompetency.

The public officials that you elected and are paying to work for you are stealing you dry, but you clueless people are losing sleep over Tinubu who is not in anyway responsible for your life and existence.

With many misguided Dullards like you, Nigeria is indeed very doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
eggheaders:

damn!!outside uyo and few part of oron.where else are their good roadsin akwa ibom.go tell your lies to dumbos that have'nt step outside there enclaves.

grin see this dumbo. This is why I keep telling theses twats to leave the boundaries of Lasgidi/SW and travel round the nation!

Dude, why don't you travel down to Akwa Ibom and see for yourself before you post trash on this thread. My remote village in Etim Ekpo has a way better road with solar street lights than some streets in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Aderostock(m): 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
ocelot2006:

You sure about that? Try Akwa Ibom or Cross-River. Road-wise, Lagos don't even come close to these states, particularly the first.

I think Eko ile has been showing us some roads network in Lagos. Why don't u do the same by showing us roads in Akwa ibom and cross rivers?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
Lagos is very overrated. Yes, it's over hyped.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2013
Lagos is actually Over-hyped. We have few good roads compared to other states in Nigeria that I have visited and the traffic situation is unforgivable. Even Osun and Ekiti States have excellent roads on the hinterland. Apart from VI/Lekki/Ikoyi axis of Lagos, the rest of Lagos is just terrible. This is not politics, it is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ibelieveu: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
seunfly: I don't think anyboby has claim that such street does not exist in Lagos, infact u are likely to see more of such street in Lagos than any city in Nigeria due to her large population.
So what op is driving at seems to confuse me because there is no city in Nigeria without such street and op can not deny that such street does not exist in his village, even almighty Abuja has street like this.
what has population got to do with construction of motorable roads ? Let's stop giving excuses for failure. Its just like u saying the Chinese population should go hungry, simply because they have the worlds largest population of over 1.3billion.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by TechyGuy: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
eko ilee:

Tinubu is not a public official, he's a private citizen so in what way is he corrupt?

You people and your silly and misguided fixation on Tinubu is a reflection of hour stupidity and ignorance especially considering the fact that non of you can utter one thing he stole from anybody. Even your abuja uncles tried for so many years and even put him on trial, but all the managed to get out of their dumb adventure was disgrace, foolishness, their own fraud and incompetency.

The public officials that you elected and are paying to work for you are stealing you dry, but you clueless people are losing sleep over Tinubu who is not in anyway responsible for your life and existence.

With a post like this, you have no moral stand to criticize opposition and GEJ. This is pathetic. Like I said, I started out as a pro ACN supporter but gradually shifted position to neutrality with an irk for opposition ACN/CPC, thanks to folks like you. For your information, I supported Ribadu last presidential election and I like and respect him till date.
It will be a mistake to ever take you seriously henceforth!

Psss. For goodness sake, can you act intelligent by not resorting to insults on personalities? Can't you disagree without being disrespectful and uncouth?

6 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2013
eko ilee:

i hope u approach ur daily live wit dis zeal u defend ACN and d yoruba nation.
i no insult u ooo

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by successking: 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: These pictures depict the true look of streets in Lagos where people believe its a paradise going by what they read and hear on the radio and here in Nairaland.

Comparison between Nigeria and US, UK and so on comes out of unreasonable mind and display of frustration. The reason is not far fetched, US & UK have been in stably democratically elected government for over a century, and Nigeria came of the shackle of military destructive government, and yet you expect Nigeria to measure up to UK & US within fourteen years of democratically elected government. Even a five years old child cannot make such a comparison. Just a matter of time and Nigeria, not just Lagos streets will look like the streets in UK & US. Naija for life! Lagos for life!
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by specco(m): 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
Pls Op you need to come to Okota and show the world the deplorable state of Okota inner roads! It would make any decent/humane mind to indeed weep for the folks living there. Why the neglect? Is it because about 90% of the inhabitants are people from the east of the niger? Urgent answers are needed.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by DTaj: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2013

This is sheer ignorance, mischief or both...So, in your warped mind, you expect every part of Lagos to be sparkling clean and evenly developed? Even in SA (where some Nigerians wish to live and die), these kind of roads abound.

I've lived here (Lagos) for just under 20 years (but I am not an indigene), and I can boldly say that Lagos has been transformed by Fashola! I don't belong to (and I don't have sympathy for) any party, but truth is constant. Always. Having visited about 28 states (out of the entire 36), I must say that Lagos is miles ahead of most other states in terms of infrastructure.

It is not everything that should seen from the prism of politics or ethnicity. Lagos under Fashola is a good story any objective person can tell anywhere!

This analogy is safe to make...In Oyo state, once a Governor focuses on Ibadan, Ogbomosho, and Oyo town everyone will hail the Governor. Same thing in Osun (Oshogbo, Ile-Ife, Ilesa); Ogun (Abeokuta, Ijebu-Ode/Shagamu, Ilaro, Otta); Ondo (Akure, Ondo town, Owo, Idanre); Kaduna (Kaduna city, Zaria); Nasarawa (Lafia and Keffi), Kwara (Ilorin, Offa, Omu-Aran, Lafiagi); Edo (Benin, Auchi, etc); Imo (Owerri, Orlu, etc) BUT in Lagos State, every street cries for Fashola's help! I read some newspaper comments and I laugh at some instances. People should see the rot in most states in Nigeria! Most Governors focus on the state capital and it ends there... Governing Lagos is not an easy pie, people...

There are some local governments in some 4 states that I know where no Governor has ever visited from date of creation till now (April 2013) and they usually vote during elections!!! Can any Lagos Governor try that?

Fashola remains one of the poster boys for good governance in Nigeria (as well as Akpabio, Mimiko, Oshiomhole, Fayemi, Amaechi, Aregbesola) and no objective mind can say otherwise...

5 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by TechyGuy: 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
eggheaders:

hey man,ain't gat any party affiliation.and ain't saying the acn government are saints and have performed 100% well.but it a big lie to say they not putting great efforts in getting things fixed.compared with the shyte the pdp gat to offer talking from experience from the alao akala bastardization of oyo state and other pdp failures in the south west pre acn.

What then is your stand for criticizing GEJ knowing fully well the nation has been retrogressing for decades?
ACN has being in power for 14/15 years now in Lagos, so I don't understand what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by vilively: 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
I have jus one question...
@OP,please where do u stay?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Abagworo(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
I don't really get the point of the thread. Like I always pointed out during the era of such threads about Aba, it does us no good portraying ourselves in bad light to the world when we already have an image problem. Meanwhile enjoy this video of kids skating at a suburb in Owerri Imo State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkMcBc0ENXI

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Ninilowo(m): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
Even there are slums in Europe and Americas.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by DTaj: 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: Lagos is actually Over-hyped. We have few good roads compared to other states in Nigeria that I have visited and the traffic situation is unforgivable. Even Osun and Ekiti States have excellent roads on the hinterland. Apart from VI/Lekki/Ikoyi axis of Lagos, the rest of Lagos is just terrible. This is not politics, it is the truth.

This is the most ignorant (and wilfully dishonest) post I have read in recent times...Have you heard about these wide, well-constructed roads outside VI/Lekki/Ikoyi axis?

Eric Moore, Bode Thomas, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Census-Babs Animashaun, Ogunlana Drive, Tejuosho connecting Iddo, several CBD Lagos Island inner roads, Ikeja GRA inner roads, Funsho Williams, Ijora Olopa/7Up....etc, etc

Your access to a keyboard should not lead you to writing glaring lies nah...

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by REMMEI(m): 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
This op must be high on some kind of cheap meth...who the hell told you lagos is that rosely beded(pardon my English)?..aint you guys the one hyping the sole called centre of excellence..lagosians got no time for all your silly claims and hypocrisy..all you just have to allowed sink into your medulla is that lagos is getting better..

well,i be omo eko gan-gan..and am rep-ing Bariga..
lemme know where you rep if you are a true lagosian...

EKO BAJE TI..
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by houstonia(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
ba7man: C'mon, you don't expect me to start explaining my sentence as if you're 5yrs old. If you insist, there is no location in the world that doesn't have its own eye-sore areas. You didn't expect the largest urban sprawl in Nigeria to be all flowery and sweetness. No occurence in life is like that.
you be mumu period. i no go school na school road me i go, so no expect me to speak English.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Rivers Re-run: Amaechi Came Noisily, Left Quietly — Wike - Vanguard News / Nigerians React To President Buhari's 2nd Term Declaration / Joshua Okpo Dies After Amaechi Ordered Probe Of N18bn Expenditure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.