Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State (47222 Views)

Efcc Stormed My Street In Asokoro / A Street In Onitsha After Heavy Rain / A Street In Onitsha When It Rains Lightly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
eko ilee:

I'll Keep quiet and go ask my lazy and incompetent masters in alausa and bourdillon to do their job and fix street roads in Lagos..
Now you'r talking!

No wonder Tinubu and Fashola would rather embark on IMMORAL tenure elongation than conduct local council polls.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by habiolahbojan(m): 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
ba7man: Excuse me, were you really expecting all the streets to look like the ones in USA?? News Flash!!!....They all don't.

y can't they be?

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ekoilee: 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
pappilo:

Rubbish! My street has never been tarred and its nowhere near a pipeline. I can confidently say that 85% of roads/streets in Alimosho LG are untarred. I will also take some pics and post.

pappilo:

Of course the bastard Fashola and co will not do this. they would rather pay for expired actors, former corrupt govt officials and the likes to go for malaria treatment abroad. Why do we even need to go abroad in the first place for tretament like this. Gabrielle Gifford survived a shot to the head and I am sure this young boy who managed to survice for 7 months with minimal medical care would have survived and recovered fully if he got the best available care.

E no go better for armed robber and e no go better for the people who spoil Naigeria!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1223077/toddler-shot-robbers-lagos-dies#14723931

You have no credibility here. Even the problems in that topic was a federal responsibly, but your hate and bitterness managed to transfer it to Lagos and called the governor a bastard.

You village clowns are nothing but despicable animals..
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ekoilee: 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
[s]Now you'r talking!

No wonder Tinubu and Fashola would rather embark on IMMORAL tenure elongation rather than conduct local council polls.[/s]

Keep quiet and go ask your lazy and incompetent masters in abuja to do their job and fix our roads in Lagos..

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ekoilee: 5:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
habiolahbojan:

y can't they be?

You really expect an ordinary state in Nigeria with $3 billion budget to be like hundreds of years old country with $ multi trillion budget?

If that's the case, why is Nigeria as a country with all the oil money not like USA? Why Lagos and ordinary state?

Must be the dullard syndrome..
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by kumbalo(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
Sincerenigerian, u don reach here, i tot you're were still on Punch page. You guys are really working hard to save ya oga at the top. *another pdp propagandist* Well done.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by NOIBMUUL(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
Why people come hate Lagos like this?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ekoilee: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2013
NOIBMUUL: Why people come hate Lagos like this?

It's tribalism.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by gerald28: 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
there is no street like this in Enugu, I tell you...lagos my foot, I hate that city

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
eggheaders: another pdp paid low life.lagos ain't perfect but no pdp state comes a distance second to lagos.

And if I may ask have u been to akwa ibom state If u have then u'll know that your "over hyped" lagos is no where close in terms of good roads not to talk of other SW states.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
eko ilee:

You really expect an ordinary state in Nigeria with $3 billion budget to be like hundreds of years old country with $ multi trillion budget?

If that's the case, why is Nigeria as a country with all the oil money not like USA? Why Lagos and ordinary state?

Must be the dullard syndrome..

Hypocrist. But you expect GEJ to fix corruption that has eaten up this country for over 40yrs in a space of 2 or 3yrs abi. You expect him to fix electricty that has been ignored for decades within 2 or 3yrs abi yet people won't expect fashola to fix lagos roads within a space of 6 or 7yrs since he took office. Ndi ire abuo

10 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Ejine(m): 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
Xtianh!
I know you!

You studied at IMSU, right?
Mech Eng.
Light-skin
about 5'6"
Hazel eyes?

I remember youuuuu!
Class of '12.

Hmmm...
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by bulletproofmonk(m): 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
Okay, Lagos is over-hyped. We don hear!
I really do not get some people and their beef for Lagos.
Don't you pay your tax? Or you just have a natural hatred for progress?
FYI, Lagos State is the only state in Nigeria that has a PLAN and working towards its actualization. This is evident from 1999 to date. Some things are yet to work, I agree. But trust me, I see a state working relentlessly to set a standard!

Eko o ni baje o!

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: More pictures coming soon....

OPERATION ROLL UR (SHOKOTO) TROUSER IN FULL EFFECT

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by agohavivi(f): 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2013
@op; What business do u have with the slums of Lagos? Why didn't u visit better neighbourhoods like VGC, VI, parkview, lekki phase 1 etc? Most major cities in the world have slums, so next time you wish to give us details of your sojourn and voyages, make sure you have a proper picture of both sides of the coin.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
WE ALL KNOW LAGOS IS A CESSPIT!
VISITORS STICK TO IKOYI LEKKI AND VGC

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by eggheaders(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
Timehin:

And if I may ask have u been to akwa ibom state If u have then u'll know that your "over hyped" lagos is no where close in terms of good roads not to talk of other SW states.

damn!!outside uyo and few part of oron.where else are their good roadsin akwa ibom.go tell your lies to dumbos that have'nt step outside there enclaves.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by slimfit1(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: These pictures depict the true look of streets in Lagos where people believe its a paradise going by what they read and hear on the radio and here in Nairaland.

Good this is what we want to see go and dig up more holes don't seat on your fat asses. But in this day of age you could only take 3 pictures did you run out of films ?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by sima(f): 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
This shouldn't be news to most Nigerians that have lived in Lagos. There is the rich side and the poor side of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by dejgan: 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
@OP, you are a villager and this is your first trip to Lagos....sorry to disappoint you....its not the Lagos of your dreams....pele...its like this all over the world.....local brat! go back to your village o.....

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by frederal(m): 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
Lagos is far from development o, have u seen any grainage (even in Ikeja ) that's not filled and stagnant. Upon all d alarms from weather forecast people, they've not taken steps to check those things. Go to Ago place, its not raining yet, but d flood u see there atimes eh, makes u wonder. I think that d government is selective in its development; they don't carry development activities to where strangers abound, just like Sabon gari in Kano, its a mess-not fit for human habitation.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOU MADE A MISTAKE.
NO MAN ON EARTH SAID LAGOS IS NOW A NEW YORK OF AFRICA.
BUT LAGOS HAS DEVIATED DRAMATICALLY FROM THE DECAY IT USED TO BE.
WITH CONTINUITY, THERE IS HOPE OF THE LAGOS YOU ARE EXPECTING.
SO, THIS ROADS HAD BEEN FOR 30 YEARS,
HOWEVER, CHANGES WILL COME TO THEM ONE BY ONE.
AS YOU CAN NOT DENY A CHANGE, YOU WILL NEED TO BE PATIENT AND CO-OPERATIVE WITH THE GOVT FOR MORE CHANGES.

SENSIBLE POST
TURE THAT THERE IS A LOT OF CHANGE
AND ONE CANT CHANGE EVERYTHING
LAGOS HAS BEEN A CESSPIT WAY 2 LONG
THE CRAZY PPLE THERE R USED TO IT
WHEN FASHOLA STEPS DOWN
THE PIG WILL GO BACK TO ITS FILTH
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2013
Nairaland is getting too boring with topics that makes the front-page,how does this affect the fact that millions of graduate in nigeria are un-employed,mods make una dey put goo topics that will add goof value to the life of nigerians and not stupid topics from a saddist.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by BankuTilapia: 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2013
Nigeria will always remain a PIT LATRINE, all talk no action. Giant of Africa by mouth. cheesy grin
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ekoilee: 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2013
gboss4sure:

Hypocrist. But you expect GEJ to fix corruption that has eaten up this country for over 40yrs in a space of 2 or 3yrs abi. You expect him to fix electricty that has been ignored for decades within 2 or 3yrs abi yet people won't expect fashola to fix lagos roads within a space of 6 or 7yrs since he took office. Ndi ire abuo

Nothing of such thing gets fixed overnight, but it is possible over time with honest and sincere efforts which gej is yet to show nigerians and instead he's heading the other way and even encouraging it by sounding himself with corrupt people and pardoning ex convicts and international fugitive. It is on record that this is the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria.

Obviously, you either don't know the meaning of hypocrisy or you just misused it.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by BankuTilapia: 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
Nigeria is one big SLUM, just ask Rick Ross grin
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by BingoLee(m): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: These pictures depict the true look of streets in Lagos where people believe its a paradise going by what they read and hear on the radio and here in Nairaland.

..U take pictures Upside down in Lagos? undecided
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Tocheagle(m): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
Are we really arguing this. Lets tell ourselves the truth. Fash is only focusing on roads on the island. Ok lets talk bout the new eko atlantic project. For God sake how come all the major projects in lagos are one sided. To me LAGOS IS PARTIALLY WEKIN .

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by TechyGuy: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
I seriously don't know why ACN supporters, eko ile, eggheader et al, defend the same things they crucify opposition for. It makes you guys sound like paid stooges.
I don't think PDP is doing enough but common, I live in Lagos and know Lagos pretty well, what the op is saying is true. Lagos has some of the worse roads/areas in Nigeria. That is not to say Fashola hasn't done some roads. I may be wrong but I think 80% of Lagos roads are terrible. We are not talking about major roads. I drove through the streets of Oshodi this morning after the rain and it was really bad. Same thing in some other areas. So, stop defending the obvious, you make it more difficult for yourselves.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's 2nd Term Declaration / Joshua Okpo Dies After Amaechi Ordered Probe Of N18bn Expenditure / Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.