Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State (47247 Views)

Efcc Stormed My Street In Asokoro / A Street In Onitsha After Heavy Rain / A Street In Onitsha When It Rains Lightly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Kachi188(m): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
When they were showing bad roads in Aba, they were all like 'Gosh, this gov'nor should be kickd out'
Now its about Lagos, they are now like 'Rome wasn't built in a day'
#Hypocrites

7 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Ilaje44(m): 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: Lagos is actually Over-hyped. We have few good roads compared to other states in Nigeria that I have visited and the traffic situation is unforgivable. Even Osun and Ekiti States have excellent roads on the hinterland. Apart from VI/Lekki/Ikoyi axis of Lagos, the rest of Lagos is just terrible. This is not politics, it is the truth.

You certainly do not know Lagos, if you can boldly say the above.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by abbk000: 8:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: These pictures depict the true look of streets in Lagos where people believe its a paradise going by what they read and hear on the radio and here in Nairaland.

Please see some areas in the UK... You would not expect to find places like this in a developed country like this.

We NIGERIANS are our own worst enemies, Fashola has done for Lagos what no other Governor has done. You cannot expect 100% transformation, its not possible. Rather than be critical let us learn to applaud the good in people. Shamefully you could only upload two bearly visible photos, please show us the more that is to come...

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by contactlenz: 8:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
@op, questions you must answer before you compare lagos with any other state.

xtianh: These pictures depict the true look of streets in Lagos where people believe its a paradise going by what they read and hear on the radio and here in Nairaland.

What state are you from?
What is the population density of your state?
What is the monthly allocation of your state?
What is the estimated number of vehicles that ply the tarred roads in your state on daily basis?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by SEGAD: 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2013
ewet:
Can all the streets be fixed at once?Lagos has bin experiencing transformation since Fashola got thr.The masterplan of the state suffered tremendiously under past admos and the guy is just tryin to put things in order.

What do you mean by past administration, Tinubu-Fashola have governed Lagos more than 14 years. The same issue i normally have with GEJ supporters. Sincerely, Lagos is over hype. Fashola infrastructural developments can never be compared with Chime in Enugu. i stand to be corrrected

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
Abagworo:

I don't like it when people lie to talk down on achievements of others. Akwa-Ibom roads are not so good as falsely being portrayed. At least I've passed through Akwa-Ibom to Cross-River and the only good road outside Uyo is the one that leads from Itam junction to Itu and all the adjoining roads are not that good. East/West road from Ikot-Abasi junction to Eket is disgusting and same with the internal roads of the adjoining villages. The truth is that Nigeria has a long way to go but let's not portray ourselves in the bad light of the globe. Meanwhile enjoy this picture of ongoing development in Lagos.

Mr, you are a BLOODY LIAR!! When was the last you visited Akwa Ibom? Have you seen the Abak-Uyo road? What of Abak-Ikot Ekpene road, or even Etim-Ekpo road that connects to Abia state? Even the road to Eket is currently being dualised even though the current single-lane road's still pretty good with little to no potholes. It's even at Itu that the road's not so good, even though it's currently being repaired. Same with Uyo-Ikot Ekpene road that's also being reconstructed and dualised by Julius Berger. Akwa Ibom has one of the BEST ROAD NETWORK in the Federation. Yet you have the audacity to spew lies on this thread. Do you really think everyone here's a slowpoke?

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Kachi188(m): 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2013
contact lenz: @op, questions you must answer before you compare lagos with any other state.

What state are you from?
What is the population density of your state?
What is the monthly allocation of your state?
What is the estimated number of vehicles that ply the tarred roads in your state on daily basis?
pointless questions! Is that the justification for those pathetic roads the OP posted? Lagos was a former capital city, so they have the infrastructural advantage when compared to other cities. Lagos earns more IGR than any other state, why should we be patient with fashola but nt wit GEJ?

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by omogidi234(m): 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]It didn't start with Tinubu or Fashola's administration. Lagos has always been ahead of other states infrastructurally, so there's no contest there. What the OP is just trying to say is that the achievements of the present government is overbloated as people are fed with pictures of projects from a few highbrow areas whereas most parts of Lagos especially on the mainland look like shanties. A lot of roads are bad, very few have been paid attention to. One road that pains me personally is the road that links Ogba to Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja. For so many years the construction that never constructs has been lingering and the state government is paying no attention.[/size]

Please verify from people resident in that area, I presume workers (labour) around Acme/Ogba/Jones would have some info too. I learnt the earlier contractor was mobilised and he crossed to yonder. There is a new contractor on site now and work has reached 85% completion. You may please verify this and report to the house.
Many thanks.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Dreal1247: 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
eggheaders: another pdp paid low life.lagos ain't perfect but no pdp state comes a distance second to lagos.
BIG LIE. CROSS RIVER STATE IS FAR MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN LAGOS

4 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by SEGAD: 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
gerald28: there is no street like this in Enugu, I tell you...lagos my foot, I hate that city

God bless you. Some street in Enugu is even better than the highway projects of Fashola. People in Enugu cannot drive very well without highway light or street light. How many highway in Lagos have lights.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Aderostock(m): 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: The unfortunate thing is that you do not travel outside Lagos and people who know nothing about other states are of the opinion that Lagos is the best place. Far from it, Lagos is the commercial nerve center, but in terms of infrastructures, amenities and esthetics, Lagos is zero! There is no need for all these arguments until you travel to other states especially the SS/SE/ND and Abuja and see things for yourself. We are just here for the money my brother, nothing more.
Tell this to your mugus not us. I have lived in Abuja and it can never be like Lagos till Jesus will come. Am not exaggerating here but writing the truth. Most of the street lights in abuja are malfunctioning, this cannot be said of Lagos. Only the central district of Abuja can be compared to Ikeja not even Lagos island. No place in Nigeria can be rated along Lagos under Fashola. He remains the only visionary leader from the crop of leaders of today Nigeria. Who can be compared with him?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by abbk000: 8:38pm On Apr 26, 2013

Oga Lagos is Overhyped see Los Angeles California USA... The home of all the Stars and big names you see on TV!! Every city has its down side, its inevitable!!!

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by abbk000: 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2013

Oga Lagos is Overhyped see Los Angeles California USA... The home of all the Stars and big names you see on TV!! Every city has its down side, its inevitable!!!

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ewet: 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
okpara ugo: nah person wey never go lagos wey go need those pictures. most parts of lagos are slum.

when you want to live in a beautiful city, abuja is the place to be followed by anambra state or Akwa ibom...
And where is Kubwa,Mpape and Lugbe.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Abrantie: 8:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
The giant potholes of Africa.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by seyijoseph(m): 8:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
May be this writer should ask people in the USA how and what their ghettos over there look like. Lagos is not a developed city but a developing state. The only edge Lagos has over other states is that it has more developed places more than under developed areas.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ewet: 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2013
SEGAD:

What do you mean by past administration, Tinubu-Fashola have governed Lagos more than 14 years. The same issue i normally have with GEJ supporters. Sincerely, Lagos is over hype. Fashola infrastructural developments can never be compared with Chime in Enugu. i stand to be corrrected
Can you compare Lagos pre 1999 to Lagos of today?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Aderostock(m): 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2013
okpara ugo: nah person wey never go lagos wey go need those pictures. most parts of lagos are slum.

when you want to live in a beautiful city, abuja is the place to be followed by anambra state or Akwa ibom...
When u have finished deceiving yourself wake me up. No state or city in Nigeria is safer and more beautiful than Lagos not even your Abuja.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Jobos(m): 8:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
Guys, make comparism to liked items,the land texture in lagos is only waterloo but also salty. Lagos will spenD x 10 of what other state will spend on thesame km of road.
Meanwhile. FG abAndoned truck A road which lagos have to do still awaiting refund .
Fashola is working , road is not the only agenda on governance.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by dozymars(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
This road located at Ago palace way,Okota Isolo Lagos is worse than what it looks on these pictures.

SO many business have closed shops due to its neglect by the government.

SO Shameful to have such road in the so called Mega city, So called 'Eko Oni baje.

The flood here don't dry as there is no existing drainage.

Ago palace way host one of the largest number of Small and medium scale businesses that generate tax to the Government.

60 percent of the JEEPs/SUVs owners in Lagos reside in this area because of this road.

Its been like this for Over 2 years now.

There is need for urgent attention.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ba7man(m): 9:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
Aderostock:
When u have finished deceiving yourself wake me up. No state or city in Nigeria is safer and more beautiful than Lagos not even your Abuja.
Cool down, Abuja is finer. People make the mistake of comparing Lagos State to cities in other regions. Lagos is made up of many parts eg Lekki, Ikeja, Surulere, Yaba, Maryland, Ikoyi, V.I, Badagry etc...Of course every part you visit can't all be fixed immediately. We're talking about the largest urban sprawl in Nigeria and you're comparing it to cities that have only a main road running through them. Yes, there are a lot of areas that need Government presence but in other states, those would be remote villages that might not have electricity.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Aderostock(m): 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
ocelot2006:

Mr, you are a BLOODY LIAR!! When was the last you visited Akwa Ibom? Have you seen the Abak-Uyo road? What of Abak-Ikot Ekpene road, or even Etim-Ekpo road that connects to Abia state? Even the road to Eket is currently being dualised even though the current single-lane road's still pretty good with little to no potholes. It's even at Itu that the road's not so good, even though it's currently being repaired. Same with Uyo-Ikot Ekpene road that's also being reconstructed and dualised by Julius Berger. Akwa Ibom has one of the BEST ROAD NETWORK in the Federation. Yet you have the audacity to spew lies on this thread. Do you really think everyone here's a slowpoke?

You are a pathetic liar! You mentioned major roads. That means Akwa Ibom does not have inner roads or streets in about 18 local council areas. Name 10 streets in Akwa ibom with tarred road and street lights and I will equally do the same with Lagos under Fashola. Fashola remains the only visionary leader in the current crop of leaders in Nigeria.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by premium1: 9:27pm On Apr 26, 2013
This topic į̸̸̨§ baseless and pointless joor.there ɑ̤̥̈̊я̣̣̥є̲̣̣̣̥ zillions of bad roads I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Naija, so why į̸̸̨§ dz an issue?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
Dreal1247: .
BIG LIE. CROSS RIVER STATE IS FAR MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN LAGOS

Bros, why do you even bother? I'll say it again-this is why I always tell folks like egghead to travel out of Lagos. A trip to Calabar, and he'll be singing a new song.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by mikeywise(m): 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
@OP, stop deceiving yourself, seems u want to kill urself because of Lagos and Fashola, do u know that there are streets in abuja that are worse than †ђξ ones u posted?

Are streets in places like kubwa, Nyanya, Kuje,Gwags better than †ђξ pictures u just posted?
Its just a pity that people cant see that u are just a mischief maker (pdp ass.licker).
All of u that have sold your conscience for money, ur doom is at hand though it tarries, surely it will come upon u sooner than u expect.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by SEGAD: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
ewet:
Can you compare Lagos pre 1999 to Lagos of today?

And can you compare the revenue generated in 1999 from the one of today. Sincerely PDP and ACN are two side of a coin
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by talktimi(m): 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOU MADE A MISTAKE.
NO MAN ON EARTH SAID LAGOS IS NOW A NEW YORK OF AFRICA.
BUT LAGOS HAS DEVIATED DRAMATICALLY FROM THE DECAY IT USED TO BE.
WITH CONTINUITY, THERE IS HOPE OF THE LAGOS YOU ARE EXPECTING.
SO, THIS ROADS HAD BEEN FOR 30 YEARS,
HOWEVER, CHANGES WILL COME TO THEM ONE BY ONE.
AS YOU CAN NOT DENY A CHANGE, YOU WILL NEED TO BE PATIENT AND CO-OPERATIVE WITH THE GOVT FOR MORE CHANGES.
does this patience and co operation extend to the FG or is it localised to Lagos state govt alone ? Let's put in consideration the fact that Nigeria as a country is larger than Lagos state both population wise and geographically but it seems to be lost on many rabid fellows here on nairaland who won't even acknowledge the gradual improvements on federal roads across the country considering the limited time available for major construction projects in a year.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by DonaldGenes(m): 9:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#000099][/color][i][/i]
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2013
Aderostock:

You are a pathetic liar! You mentioned major roads. That means Akwa Ibom does not have inner roads or streets in about 18 local council areas. Name 10 streets in Akwa ibom with tarred road and street lights and I will equally do the same with Lagos under Fashola. Fashola remains the only visionary leader in the current crop of leaders in Nigeria.

grin grin the baboons are truly out tonight. Now listen to mel you bloody Arrow, I chose not to mention any roads within Uyo metropolis for one obvious reason: EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE ALL TOPNOTCH ROADS. But hey, i'll mention a few, while you can check them out yourself:

Outskirts:
-Idoro road
-Abak road-oh btw, this well-lit road was built by Julius Berger, comes with a bridge, and a lovely bypass (almost complete though-say 90%)
-Uyo-Itu road

Within Uyo metropolise:
-Atiku Abubakar road
-4-Lanes
-Oron road
-Akah road
-Brooke street
-Nwaniba road
-Barracks road
-Ikot Ekpene road
-Maitama

So go one douchebag, I dare you to look these roads up and say one nasty thing about. Go one, d.I.c.k wart.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
Oh btw douchbag, ALL THOSE AFOREMENTIONED ROADS ARE WELL MARKED, WELL LIT ('don't really need head lamps most nights), AND EQUIPPED WITH DRIVING AIDS LIKE REFLECTORS AND CLEAR SIGNPOSTS

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
Aderostock:

See this bloody local champion. TRY CALABAR(CROSS-RIVER STATE) , YOU IGNORANT BUFFOON! Then let's see if you'll repeat that statement again.

Jeez....

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
Abrantie: The giant potholes of Africa.

.......and a burnt banku-eating baboon is out again. ZOO-KEEPER?!! Pls drag this fool back to the cave he crawled out from. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

PMB Vs GEJ With Queen Elizabeth At CHOGM (Photos) / Nigerians React To President Buhari's 2nd Term Declaration / What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.