Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State (47246 Views)

Efcc Stormed My Street In Asokoro / A Street In Onitsha After Heavy Rain / A Street In Onitsha When It Rains Lightly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Localamos(m): 10:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: so the money generated from these streets where are they taken to? If those citizens that pays tax through various medium cannot enjoy common good road then what are u saying?

Ouch!!! That was a Knock out.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2013
Aderostock:
Tell this to your mugus not us. I have lived in Abuja and it can never be like Lagos till Jesus will come. Am not exaggerating here but writing the truth. Most of the street lights in abuja are malfunctioning, this cannot be said of Lagos. Only the central district of Abuja can be compared to Ikeja not even Lagos island. No place in Nigeria can be rated along Lagos under Fashola. He remains the only visionary leader from the crop of leaders of today Nigeria. Who can be compared with him?

Of course Abuja can't be like Lagos. That's because Nigeria's FCT is well planned and WAAAAAAAAY AHEAD of madhouse called in every aspect.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by searay(m): 10:14pm On Apr 26, 2013
This is exactly what I have been saying, Nigerian leaders are corrupt irrespective of their parties. If ACN=APC=NCAPor whatever they are, takes over power(God almighty forbid) this is what we will be experiencing and their bigot will be two blind to see what is wrong. I thought ACN ruling states are like the heavens. And this Kettle known as APC will call PDP Black.
Sorry, is Lagos no longer run by St Fashola?

3 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 10:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
searay: This is exactly what I have been saying, Nigerian leaders are corrupt irrespective of their parties. If ACN=APC=NCAPor whatever they are, takes over power(God almighty forbid) this is what we will be experiencing and their bigot will be two blind to see what is wrong. I thought ACN ruling states are like the heavens. And this Kettle known as APC will call PDP Black.
Sorry, is Lagos no longer run by St Fashola?

Of course it's still ruled by St. Fashola, a member of the "holy" trinity (Tinubu the god-father, Fashola the stoo........sorry, son, and the "holier than dow" members of ACN/APC/armoured car)

3 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by nochio(m): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
You people always pretend everything is alright in lagos,when some of us have not gone to other parts of the country,for the basis of comparism,lagos state roads are bad,simple,the few motorable ones are major roads and mostly dual federal roads,the ones that are constructed is taking too long to be fixed,so why do you always hide from the truth when it comes to lagos issues.I am not moved by media propangada,try and see for yourselves,move around and be objective in with your assesments.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Bilany(f): 10:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
Just to clarify things, did you really go round Lagos taking this pictures? undecided
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by shady26(m): 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: These pictures depict the true look of streets in Lagos where people believe its a paradise going by what they read and hear on the radio and here in Nairaland.
you mean LasSmelly and Lastraffic.currently am on a project in portharcourt the garden city and boy I can't believe I left all this Bole,the neat streets and beautiful faces to be in Lagos all this years for what?mehn am enjoying this town plus am in Owerri every weekend for fresh air,no time yet for LasShit
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by talktimi(m): 10:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
Bilany: Just to clarify things, did you really go round Lagos taking this pictures? undecided
good question
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by searay(m): 10:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Lagosians should swallow their pride.
Check this out:
https://www.nairaland.com/1150784/pictures-developments-akwa-ibom-state

this one below is my LGA and my street is the 1st from left to right.
http://akwaibomstatepms.org/Pictureslide.aspx?PicCatID=11&ID=4

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by xtianh(m): 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ejiné: Xtianh!
I know you!

You studied at IMSU, right?
Mech Eng.
Light-skin
about 5'6"
Hazel eyes?

I remember youuuuu!
Class of '12.

Hmmm...
And what if I am or I am not?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Ejine(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: And what if I am or I am not?

Easy. I just wanted to be sure, cuz I used to visit my friends and some girls I was 'runzing' at the time in 2008. I remember Amaefula. He's one of my distant relatives. I hear say the guy show una pepper.

Anyway, I just say make I hail small.
Cheers.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by talktimi(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
@OP its obvious you took those photographs on only one street, for equity and fairness of judgement, please take a valid sample of bad streets in Lagos at least in a local govt so that people will stop insulting each other on this thread.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by kq(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
Abeg what is news here, you this politicians and political apologists will never rest. An over hyped Lagos in an over hyped "transformed" Nigeria so what is new here.....Everything from LG to State to Federal level is over hyped so whether it is Lagos or Kano or Delta no be so everybody dey over hype...mschewwww
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by xtianh(m): 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
tunde1200: Those streets you show us never bad reach kaleyaye street in my area shasha akonwonjo
Guy I have also lived in shasha, around Moshalashi bus stop. I also knw how bad streets are in that area. The only way we can help improve this areas or get attention from the Ogas at the top is by uploading the pics of those bad areas

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by solelymade: 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: These pictures depict the true look of streets in Lagos where people believe its a paradise going by what they read and hear on the radio and here in Nairaland.
pardon me, ur pixs equally depict ur level of reasoning,,,,UPSIDE DOWN grin grin grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by xtianh(m): 11:14pm On Apr 26, 2013
[quote author=talktimi]@OP its obvious you took those photographs on only one street, for equity and fairness of judgement, please take a valid sample of bad streets in Lagos at least in a local govt so that people will stop insulting each other on this thread.[/quote Don't worry I have loads of more pics coming up this time I have more than five streets in Isolo local government area when I went there for a visit last week.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
@op and friends, what they are saying is that lagos is a place far better than your village, local government or even state!!

america, uk, malaysia and so many other countries you cockroaches run to and refuse to come back (committing all sorts of...) are not perfect but by our standards they are heaven on earth, so its simple, by your village/state standard is lagos not far better?

if no, then why aren't a lot of people and their own moving back home? it seems fashola is giving some people in abuja sleepless nights, his 2term is up so they may have to contend with another wide appeal, even younger more energetic candidate with good record that they cant label an islamist, i already don de pity GEJ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by xtianh(m): 11:21pm On Apr 26, 2013
abbk000:

Please see some areas in the UK... You would not expect to find places like this in a developed country like this.

We NIGERIANS are our own worst enemies, Fashola has done for Lagos what no other Governor has done. You cannot expect 100% transformation, its not possible. Rather than be critical let us learn to applaud the good in people. Shamefully you could only upload two bearly visible photos, please show us the more that is to come...
So!! What's my business with a dumping ground in the UK probably that's where u can afford to live and u want Lagos to also look like that.. Sorry Fashola is Working Lagosians are Suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by meforyou1(m): 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
Lagos is a mega city naa. U want every single street in lagos be painted in gold? Na eldorado?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nightshift(m): 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
With over $50 billion in GDP, Lagos can do better than having a few asphalt streets. Nigerians must say no to corruption!!

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by xtianh(m): 11:27pm On Apr 26, 2013
abbk000:

Oga Lagos is Overhyped see Los Angeles California USA... The home of all the Stars and big names you see on TV!! Every city has its down side, its inevitable!!!
Looking at this roads I don't see any one being Untarred or filled with portholes. So guy do I pray for Lagos to be like this so u will be satisfied and praise the governor that he is doing well? If so then look up the dictionary and get a name that will qualify your stupidity. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by xtianh(m): 11:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
ewet:
Can you compare Lagos pre 1999 to Lagos of today?
Now ask yourself this same Question and see how unwise you will be Are we in pre 1999? Do Lagos still generate the same IGR compared to pre 1999? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ewet: 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
SEGAD:

And can you compare the revenue generated in 1999 from the one of today. Sincerely PDP and ACN are two side of a coin
And can you also compare the cost of building roads then and now?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by adaybayor(m): 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
poster, can you tell us where you are from so we can compare....thanks.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ewet: 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: Now ask yourself this same Question and see how unwise you will be Are we in pre 1999? Do Lagos still generate the same IGR compared to pre 1999? Thanks
Lagos is a city tht has gotten her master plan bastardized over the years by past admos you shuld also take into cognizance the fact tht the insfractructure of the state is over strecthed due to its huge population.
However the state is really making giant strides with the govts attempt to transform it particularly in the area of roads.I knw for sure tht I can give this govt 70% pass mark on the issue of roads in the state.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by IGBOSON1: 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
style$co:
Op I just came into lag for the first time in my life on wednesday and this is the only city in Nigeria that's not overhyped.
This city blew my mind away.
Abuja is learning compared to lagos and portharcourt is still a growing child.
I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly in this state but its still to best.

God bless everyone that contributed to making this state what it is.

God bless Fashola.

I'm igbo by the way.

^^^Is this part of what you saw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AbNgoHOjM
Video courtesy of Remi John
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by xtianh(m): 11:45pm On Apr 26, 2013
espn: if I may ask..wat state r u frm..sure ur fuked up state is worse dan dis!u r stupid(jobless fool)
Lolz I believe your are not more than 12yrs old so I forgive your ignorance. But child listen when adults are speaking just keep quite and learn because one day you will teach your younger ones.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by xtianh(m): 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
adaybayor: poster, can you tell us where you are from so we can compare....thanks.
After staying in Lagos close to 25yrs now. Having all my certificate bearing Lagos. I claim to come from Lagos and I don't like what is going on here. Are you satisfied now?

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by adaybayor(m): 11:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: Lolz I believe your are not more than 12yrs old so I forgive your ignorance. But child listen when adults are speaking just keep quite and learn because one day you will teach your younger ones.

answer the f*cking question and stop talking trash.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by imotondo(m): 11:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
eko ilee:

Nothing of such thing gets fixed overnight, but it is possible over time with honest and sincere efforts which gej is yet to show nigerians and instead he's heading the other way and even encouraging it by sounding himself with corrupt people and pardoning ex convicts and international fugitive. It is on record that this is the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria.

Obviously, you either don't know the meaning of hypocrisy or you just misused it.

and fashola surrounded himself with saints like Tinubu the pope abi?it's always easier to throw stones from one's abode.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by pappilo(m): 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
successking:

Comparison between Nigeria and US, UK and so on comes out of unreasonable mind and display of frustration. The reason is not far fetched, US & UK have been in stably democratically elected government for over a century, and Nigeria came of the shackle of military destructive government, and yet you expect Nigeria to measure up to UK & US within fourteen years of democratically elected government. Even a five years old child cannot make such a comparison. Just a matter of time and Nigeria, not just Lagos streets will look like the streets in UK & US. Naija for life! Lagos for life!

The UAE has never had a democracy
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by pappilo(m): 12:03am On Apr 27, 2013
abbk000:

Please see some areas in the UK... You would not expect to find places like this in a developed country like this.

We NIGERIANS are our own worst enemies, Fashola has done for Lagos what no other Governor has done. You cannot expect 100% transformation, its not possible. Rather than be critical let us learn to applaud the good in people. Shamefully you could only upload two bearly visible photos, please show us the more that is to come...

They are talking about bad roads, this one is showing us file pictures of uninhabited blocks in 70s UK.

Are you not ashamed that even the road in the ghetto you tried to depict in your post is tarred?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria's President Buhari Warned By First Lady - BBC / PMB Vs GEJ With Queen Elizabeth At CHOGM (Photos) / Nigerians React To President Buhari's 2nd Term Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.