Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State (47235 Views)

Efcc Stormed My Street In Asokoro / A Street In Onitsha After Heavy Rain / A Street In Onitsha When It Rains Lightly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2013
ocelot2006:

grin see this dumbo. This is why I keep telling theses twats to leave the boundaries of Lasgidi/SW and travel round the nation!

Dude, why don't you travel down to Akwa Ibom and see for yourself before you post trash on this thread. My remote village in Etim Ekpo has a way better road with solar street lights than some streets in Lagos.

That is why I didn't bother responding to him cos its evident he hasn't been there. Few years ago I visited akwa ibom and my journey took me as far as ibaka and what I saw regarding roads/electricity made me realised that our SW governors aint doing enough.

3 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Aderostock(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: Lagos is actually Over-hyped. We have few good roads compared to other states in Nigeria that I have visited and the traffic situation is unforgivable. Even Osun and Ekiti States have excellent roads on the hinterland. Apart from VI/Lekki/Ikoyi axis of Lagos, the rest of Lagos is just terrible. This is not politics, it is the truth.

I hate when people start spewing lies. U meant apart wof island and environs? Wat abt surulere, yaba, Ikeja, somolu, ojota, gbagada etc or are they also in island? Don't come here to spread lies. Thank u
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by houstonia(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2013
DTaj:

This is the most ignorant (and wilfully dishonest) post I have read in recent times...Have you heard about these wide, well-constructed roads outside VI/Lekki/Ikoyi axis?

Eric Moore, Bode Thomas, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Census-Babs Animashaun, Ogunlana Drive, Tejuosho connecting Iddo, several CBD Lagos Island inner roads, Ikeja GRA inner roads, Funsho Williams, Ijora Olopa/7Up....etc, etc

Your access to a keyboard should not lead you to writing glaring lies nah...
you seff come be general mumu. How can you stay stagnated in gidi as you all call it and possibly know how over hyped lagos really is?

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
DTaj:

This is the most ignorant (and wilfully dishonest) post I have read in recent times...Have you heard about these wide, well-constructed roads outside VI/Lekki/Ikoyi axis?

Eric Moore, Bode Thomas, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Census-Babs Animashaun, Ogunlana Drive, Tejuosho connecting Iddo, several CBD Lagos Island inner roads, Ikeja GRA inner roads, Funsho Williams, Ijora Olopa/7Up....etc, etc

Your access to a keyboard should not lead you to writing glaring lies nah...
The unfortunate thing is that you do not travel outside Lagos and people who know nothing about other states are of the opinion that Lagos is the best place. Far from it, Lagos is the commercial nerve center, but in terms of infrastructures, amenities and esthetics, Lagos is zero! There is no need for all these arguments until you travel to other states especially the SS/SE/ND and Abuja and see things for yourself. We are just here for the money my brother, nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by leonshom(m): 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
undecidedEnemy of Lagos ! Mcheeww !
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by TechyGuy: 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
I have to say this, the problem of Nigeria is not PDP or any other party. Retrogression has been for decades now, from regime to regime, under several political institutions.
When the North ruled it was the same, when the South West did, it was the same, Middle Belt? Same. I feel strongly, the issue is US, Nigerians!
It's not with the people we have voted in but the fact that we are not yet a NATION.
In developed worlds, when it comes to certain basic principles/issues, the Nation becomes one, you don't play politics.
We really need to hold our leaders responsible. From councillors to LGA chairmen, to State house, to state executive, to national house and executive, we need to demand accountability.
You cannot do that when all you scream is "Get out of office, we can do it better!". No!
What I'm seeing from the opposition is just a desperation to take over control not necessarily because they LOVE Nigeria.
I pray we get to that place soon or we part our ways for good.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
houstonia: you seff come be general mumu. How can you stay stagnated in gidi as you all call it and possibly know how over hyped lagos really is?
They are not ready to hear the truth, they prefer to hear that they are the highest. Lagos is just for people that are immuned to insanity. Its the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by gidiMonsta(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: So your government left roads that are accrued to them and are facing FG roads where they will siphon more money and thereafter concession it.

So you expect the LASG to ignore roads plied by millions for sub-urban street roads? What a turd!
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Abagworo(m): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2013
Timehin:

That is why I didn't bother responding to him cos its evident he hasn't been there. Few years ago I visited akwa ibom and my journey took me as far as ibaka and what I saw regarding roads/electricity made me realised that our SW governors aint doing enough.

I don't like it when people lie to talk down on achievements of others. Akwa-Ibom roads are not so good as falsely being portrayed. At least I've passed through Akwa-Ibom to Cross-River and the only good road outside Uyo is the one that leads from Itam junction to Itu and all the adjoining roads are not that good. East/West road from Ikot-Abasi junction to Eket is disgusting and same with the internal roads of the adjoining villages. The truth is that Nigeria has a long way to go but let's not portray ourselves in the bad light of the globe. Meanwhile enjoy this picture of ongoing development in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by toolovely(m): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2013
Sometimes, people forget that Lagos is STATE and not just the capital city. They forget that there lgas. That make the state.
@op, in your state, apart from your state capital, is there any other lga in ur state that can be compared to the street your referring to?
Sometimes, we talk like sensless people.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ol2012: 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2013
eggheaders: another pdp paid low life.lagos ain't perfect but no pdp state comes a distance second to lagos.
Sorry bro, I'm not a politician neither am I a PDP supporter, but'll like 2 ask u a simple question based on ur comment. Av u been 2 Akwa Ibom state lately?(D state capital Uyo in particular)

1 Like

Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocheejemb: 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
Oh wow...what a shocker..there are bad roads in Lagos?!! who would have thought? For you next ground breaking research show pictures of traffic and armed robbery in Lagos..because we really dont know that they are there
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
ba7man: Excuse me, were you really expecting all the streets to look like the ones in USA?? News Flash!!!....They all don't.
You are dumb. Why can't they be like those in usa. It is people like you that settles for mediocrity. Go to countries as rich as your or not even up to and come back here to comment.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by armyofone(m): 7:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
grin that skating there, nna na dem broad for obodo send am?
carry palm oil dey skate kwa, ewooo grin
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ekoilee: 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
suniblu:

i hope u approach ur daily live wit dis zeal u defend ACN and d yoruba nation.
i no insult u ooo

What is daily live?. It is daily life you Reterdeen dullard.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by eriegua83: 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2013
But lagosians made us to believe that fashola tarred the streets of lagos with gold nd diamond. With such roads there is no difference btw fashola nd other governors.
ba7man: C'mon, you don't expect me to start explaining my sentence as if you're 5yrs old. If you insist, there is no location in the world that doesn't have its own eye-sore areas. You didn't expect the largest urban sprawl in Nigeria to be all flowery and sweetness. No occurence in life is like that.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2013
This OP is just plain daft.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by espn(m): 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: These pictures depict the true look of streets in Lagos where people believe its a paradise going by what they read and hear on the radio and here in Nairaland.
if I may ask..wat state r u frm..sure ur fuked up state is worse dan dis!u r stupid(jobless fool)
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ocelot2006(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: They are not ready to hear the truth, they prefer to hear that they are the highest. Lagos is just for people that are immuned to insanity. Its the truth.

My brother, I can't even stand that state. In a thread, I mentioned that I actually lobbied to be posted OUT of Lasgidi because I couldn't stand it. For business meetings, training programs, using the MMIA as a gateway for trips outside the country, and other commercial activities, then Lasgidi's the place cos it's west africa's main commercial hub. But live there? HELL NO!! I'll rather stick to Uyo and PHC.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by REMMEI(m): 7:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: Lagos is actually Over-hyped. We have few good roads compared to other states in Nigeria that I have visited and the traffic situation is unforgivable. Even Osun and Ekiti States have excellent roads on the hinterland. Apart from VI/Lekki/Ikoyi axis of Lagos, the rest of Lagos is just terrible. This is not politics, it is the truth.

olofo po n bi bayi sha....
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ewet: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
ocelot2006:

My brother, I can't even stand that state. In a thread, I mentioned that I actually lobbied to be posted OUT of Lasgidi because I couldn't stand it. For business meetings, training programs, using the MMIA as a gateway for trips outsides the country, and other commercial activities, then Lasgidi's the place cos it's west africa's ain commercial hub. But live there? HELL NO!! I'll rather stick to Uyo and PHC.
Different strokes for different folks!
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by gramci: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: so the yearly lock up shop and shop permit collected by the local government here in Lagos, are they being given to charity homes or are paid as tithe to churches and mosques?

Ignore him, bigots are conditioned to see things from narrow perspective
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by biijei(m): 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
xtianh: These pictures depict the true look of streets in Lagos where people believe its a paradise going by what they read and hear on the radio and here in Nairaland.

...ds is jst a sign of pure hatin, takn random pics nd postin... go fynd smtn beta 2 do wt yur tym man...... #reppn gidi
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by remzytimer: 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
ba7man: Excuse me, were you really expecting all the streets to look like the ones in USA?? News Flash!!!....They all don't.

Yes! I can tell u 65% lagos streets are like that, Tell us how many roads that were constructed by LG in lagos state, what they do is share the money, dt is why we say no to care taker committee imposed on us...
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
gerald28: there is no street like this in Enugu, I tell you...lagos my foot, I hate that city
.ewww enugu?..lwkmd...enugu is 80% village buh lagos is not..xo 4rm common sense which state govt works xtra,or got more work 2 do,@ OP all countries av their ghettos.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ekoilee: 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
TechyGuy:

With a post like this, you have no moral stand to criticize opposition and GEJ. This is pathetic. Like I said, I started out as a pro ACN supporter but gradually shifted position to neutrality with an irk for opposition ACN/CPC, thanks to folks like you. For your information, I supported Ribadu last presidential election and I like and respect him till date.
It will be a mistake to ever take you seriously henceforth!

Psss. For goodness sake, can you act intelligent by not resorting to insults on personalities? Can't you disagree without being disrespectful and uncouth?

This is not about political parties, this is about the truth and nothing but the truth..

Instead of the same dullard and Reterdeen response, why not just highlight whatever what I said about your corrupt and incompetent master and Tinubu that wasn't true.

Gej is corrupt by sorounding himself with corrupt elements and pardoning corrupt people that stole your money, ex convict and international fugitive .

Tinubu is not a.public official and you can not state tell us what he stole or what made him corrupt. like I said, your abuja dullard uncles have tried, they put him on trial and they came up with zero and their own foolishness and fraud trial.

So what other proof do you people have that your abuja uncles with all their efcc and other agencies didn't have. Nothing but your loud mouth...

So you noise making foot soldiers on NL are irrelevant noise makers with nothing to stand on. There is no reason to take you people seriously.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by pheesayor(m): 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
ocelot2006:

grin see this dumbo. This is why I keep telling theses twats to leave the boundaries of Lasgidi/SW and travel round the nation!

Dude, why don't you travel down to Akwa Ibom and see for yourself before you post trash on this thread. My remote village in Etim Ekpo has a way better road with solar street lights than some streets in Lagos.
does your state have the kind of Lagos population?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
Abagworo:

I don't like it when people lie to talk down on achievements of others. Akwa-Ibom roads are not so good as falsely being portrayed. At least I've passed through Akwa-Ibom to Cross-River and the only good road outside Uyo is the one that leads from Itam junction to Itu and all the adjoining roads are not that good. East/West road from Ikot-Abasi junction to Eket is disgusting and same with the internal roads of the adjoining villages. The truth is that Nigeria has a long way to go but let's not portray ourselves in the bad light of the globe. Meanwhile enjoy this picture of ongoing development in Lagos.

Its not about talking down on others achievement rather its about criticizing our politicians either in PDP/ACN/APC/LABOUR/CPC/ANPP/APGA e.t.c so that they can do more and abhor corruption. And for your info am from the SW but I don't believe in shielding "our own" when we ought to chastise them for wrongdoings.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by eriegua83: 7:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
See Lagos road oh, grin grin grin grin fashola is a B******.
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by ewet: 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
eriegua83: See Lagos road oh, grin grin grin grin fashola is a B******.
abeg hw the 1 for your state be?
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Bonapart(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2013
Must we reveal every bad an unpleasant thin in Nigeria? My friend think of someting positive and inovative..... I like my country 9ja no matter what
Re: Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
nah person wey never go lagos wey go need those pictures. most parts of lagos are slum.

when you want to live in a beautiful city, abuja is the place to be followed by anambra state or Akwa ibom...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.