Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (425660 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2013
Am taking this time out to say a very very big congratulations to all those who their visa have been approved and to everyone awaiting his / her 2NL.

I want to say that we shall all have a wonderful and successful interview and testimonies will be booming all round.

And always remember that it is only God and Him alone.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ayomaxwell: 9:43am On Nov 16, 2013
Hello house. It seems there is a conspiracy against Nigeria in the dv 2014 process. Its too bad that Nigeria still stands at 8000 in the January visa bullettin whiile Egypt n Ethiopia are soaring higher.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 10:01am On Nov 16, 2013
pleas the bulletn is moving slow, going with last yr trend by september nigeria is still @ 20thousand sumtin, y ethiop and egypt are @ 50thousand, so if u r a nigeria with CN 44000 wht will hapen to u bcs non of d month was current for u as a nigeria but was current for other cuntry. Now nigeria is in 8000, hop dey will get to CN 30,000. Bcs sum ppl has dis as thir CN.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 10:10am On Nov 16, 2013
Congratulation to everybody oooooo... Testimonies all the way..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 10:22am On Nov 16, 2013
Cyprian kosiso: pleas the bulletn is moving slow, going with last yr trend by september nigeria is still @ 20thousand sumtin, y ethiop and egypt are @ 50thousand, so if u r a nigeria with CN 44000 wht will hapen to u bcs non of d month was current for u as a nigeria but was current for other cuntry. Now nigeria is in 8000, hop dey will get to CN 30,000. Bcs sum ppl has dis as thir CN.
please try to study last year bulletin very well Nigeria Cut-off closed at 19,800. Where did U find your 20,plus?

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2013
XYZZ: House, first of all, thank God. And i would like to thank every body in this forum for all your kind encouraging advise and support, its always nice to have people like you guys. I am so grateful to be part of this family.

It always nice to have a strong defence if you are not sure of some documents should the CO ask you about them. I have gone to US embassy sometime in 2007, which i lied that i was in the Nigeria Navy, all in the name of yanky... I also said i was married then but all na lie, anyways they denied my self and 2 of my guys visa. So i was so scared that these will come up. Even my Waec date of birth says 1986 why my International Passport is carrying my real date of birth 1979, i was also sacred that this might come up. To cut the stories, God always have his ways. I thank God cos none of all these errors were asked.

My Interview:

Our Number deep in windows 15:

CO: Good morning Sir
Me: Good morning ma

CO: Are you Mr. XYZZ
ME: Yes ma, and she turned to my wife and asked her the same question

CO: Can you please raise your left hand and say u will say the truth and nothing but the truth?
Me: Yes ma

CO: can i take your finger print
Me: Sure, so she took our finger print:

Co: Whats your highest level of education
Me: XYZ

Co: What year did you get married

Co: What’s the date of birth of your son

Co: What do you do at work
Me: YXZ

Co: For how long have you been married

She started typing and brought out 2 paper and advice us on how to pay our Green Card fee, and said welcome to America; i asked her if that’s all? And she said yes that’s all.

I just want to thank God cos i have been praying and asking God for easy interview and that was what God did for my family, my wife is a lawyer and the CO did not ask her any questions, i was suppressed.

For people that are waiting for their interview, listen the visa is yours go and pick. Texas loading........

Congrats to you and your family. Success galore we pray more in this family IJN
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gaiusidowu(f): 10:53am On Nov 16, 2013
@timimoyegun,westcodes,seubis,obatide.Thank you all for ur advice.Ve contacted kcc as suggested via phone call n e-mail and their responce is very assuring.I believe God will perfect what he has started in my family.Thanks once. again.God Bless you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 10:57am On Nov 16, 2013
TCPonly: Let me first of all thank God Almighty for this blessing & great members of this gr8 thread for ur love,support and prayers.
We got to the embassy by 5:33am and meet close to 30 pple.
Did normal security checks and entered the hall. I was called at window 16 to sumit documents. And later my no beeped at window 14 (the 1st person to be interviewed) with this young white lady and it went thus;
CO: Goodmorning,are u TCPonly
ME: Yes,goodmorning,how was ur nite
CO: fine,and u
ME: fine
CO: Put ur four left fingers there let me take ur f/prints
ME: Ok,took mine and my wifes and we swore the oath
CO: Whats ur highest qualification
ME: O level
CO: What year
ME: Bleep
CO: Where do u work
CO: How many yrs experience
CO: Is that ur son,and ur wife is pregnant
ME: Yes
CO: I will approve ur visa, congratulation,welcome to America.Brought out two papers 4 visa pick up & GC payment.
ME: Thank u ma,am very grateful,am very grateful.
That was it oooo my people.My greetings goes to roodboy,obatide,jollyiwin,daudsmart,buklan4real,lagdude,outstandingsand and all members of this gr8 thread 4 ur love & support. I love u all.

Congratulations to you and your family. Success testimony will not cease in this forum IJN ..Faith works wonders
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 11:03am On Nov 16, 2013
gaius idowu: @timimoyegun,westcodes,seubis,obatide.Thank you all for ur advice.Ve contacted kcc as suggested via phone call n e-mail and their responce is very assuring.I believe God will perfect what he has started in my family.Thanks once. again.God Bless you.

U'r welcome ma,
But I hope they haven't sent u your 2NL, pls check ur email offen
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gaiusidowu(f): 11:38am On Nov 16, 2013
@timimoyegun.No they haven't send my 2NL.I will always do that sir.This goes to the family,pls how much does d renewal of Int'l passport cost?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
@Kevwe_flex,okeymen and ogundipeola I ve been trying to access my yahoomail for some days now to no avail.
So,I could nt reply the PM. Can we try BBM?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by powerfuljc: 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
I congratulate those that their visas have been approved, my people like jollywin, seubis,, onpointboy, TCPonly, XYZ, etc I pray that God who have done yours will do mine on the day of my appointment IJN but am still expecting my 2NL this month bcs my case no is 2014AF000067** and I have been current since November and my package has been with KCC since July 27,2013. am still praying but I don"t know whether any one in the house with the same experience should pleas share with me just to encourage me.thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
gaius idowu: @timimoyegun.No they haven't send my 2NL.I will always do that sir.This goes to the family,pls how much does d renewal of Int'l passport cost?

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
okeymen:

Congrats men. Just a bit curious to know how u handled accomodation and transport
. I just saw this message now. I lodged at Magestic Hotel around Yaba market that "jollyiwin" posted here. I paid N3200 for a nite. I came out from the Hotel around 5:00am and saw a cab around the gate I came out from and he took me to the US embassy for N2000. And I got there around 5:30am.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
powerfuljc: I congratulate those that their visas have been approved, my people like jollywin, seubis,, onpointboy, TCPonly, XYZ, etc I pray that God who have done yours will do mine on the day of my appointment IJN but am still expecting my 2NL this month bcs my case no is 2014AF000067** and I have been current since November and my package has been with KCC since July 27,2013. am still praying but I don"t know whether any one in the house with the same experience should pleas share with me just to encourage me.thanks

@powerfuljc. How did you send your package? Was tru express or via mail? Cos I observe that peeps that send thiers tru DHL et al usually have delay in receiving 2NL unlike mail that would be delivered in a twinkle of eyes..just an observations tho
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hello my e-family, Trust our weekend is going fine. Just got an information now that second batch winners were released last month October.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2013
please XYZZ, i will like you to answer this question for me, when you were going to the embassy did you go there with your GCE certificate alone and testimonial and were you asked about the testimonial to know if you did high school ...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
gaius idowu: @timimoyegun,westcodes,seubis,obatide.Thank you all for ur advice.Ve contacted kcc as suggested via phone call n e-mail and their responce is very assuring.I believe God will perfect what he has started in my family.Thanks once. again.God Bless you.
At least, your mind should be at rest now.
in addition, just ensure you check their site regularly, once you are scheduled for interview, it will be here, even if you missed their e-mail alert
https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/%28S%28iif0bhnrnjhfgyv0gi1gw255%29%29/Secure/StatusCheck.aspx
Once they have confirmed that they received your forms, your 2nd NL will definitely arrive, Just ensure you are well prepared, if I may say this: The extension is an opportunity to prepare well.
congrats ahead

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
femishow2005: Hello my e-family, Trust our weekend is going fine. Just got an information now that second batch winners were released last month October.
umhhhhh
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
Please for those who have attended the interview with their spouse on deriviatives and have won can you please confirm this for me in respect to the high school things, this is so because i have not yet collected my school testimonial because i did not pass my weac so i have been using my GCE and i dont know if i go to the embassy without it i will be disqualify because i dont intedn to go with it, just my GCE certificate and a scratch card for evidence on the result and my university certificate, but my wife who is the pricncipal applicant has her testimonial and other documents with her, please house what d you think about this......EVIDENCE OF REQUIRED EDUCATION OR WORK EXPERIENCE: The principal applicant must submit a certified copy of a school diploma confirming successful completion of secondary or higher education; OR documentary evidence of two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform. Only the principal applicant is subject to this requirement. The U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net OnLine database will be used to determine qualifying work experience. Please check DV Lottery instructions for more information....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
kennex89: Please for those who have attended the interview with their spouse on deriviatives and have won can you please confirm this for me in respect to the high school things, this is so because i have not yet collected my school testimonial because i did not pass my weac so i have been using my GCE and i dont know if i go to the embassy without it i will be disqualify because i dont intedn to go with it, just my GCE certificate and a scratch card for evidence on the result and my university certificate, but my wife who is the pricncipal applicant has her testimonial and other documents with her, please house what d you think about this......EVIDENCE OF REQUIRED EDUCATION OR WORK EXPERIENCE: The principal applicant must submit a certified copy of a school diploma confirming successful completion of secondary or higher education; OR documentary evidence of two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform. Only the principal applicant is subject to this requirement. The U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net OnLine database will be used to determine qualifying work experience. Please check DV Lottery instructions for more information....
Though your question goes to those who have been interviewed, but before they respond, may I try to answer with my little understanding of your question? (though, I pray to have successful interview too very soon)
To start with, beneficiaries are not mandated to submit their evidence of education but if you have it handy, no crime
Also, for Principal Applicant whose certificate is mandated, it is stated that proof/evidence of completion of 12years of education (bolded), which means if you are submitting GCE (being an external exam), a testimonial will be considered but if NECO, WASSCE or Any approved internal exams, Testimonial is not compulsory
Does this help a bit?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
thanks bro this helps. My wife is just the one that needs to show evidence which i know all her papers are complete and she has her testimonial too.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2013
femishow2005: Hello my e-family, Trust our weekend is going fine. Just got an information now that second batch winners were released last month October.
No evidence to proof becouse i have not seen anyboday that win in oct.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
Sorry for the late reply, yes I went there with my GCE result and my secondry school testimonia. The CO did not ask me anything about my result. She just looked at all the certificates.you should go with either ur gce or ssce if u have them plus ur testimonia just to show that u finish secondry school. Just try ur best to go with all documents u have. The lord will see u through and it ll be easy for u. Like I said, the visa is urs they just want to see u and ask u some questions.
kennex89: please XYZZ, i will like you to answer this question for me, when you were going to the embassy did you go there with your GCE certificate alone and testimonial and were you asked about the testimonial to know if you did high school ...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 6:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congratulations tcponly.. cheesy ..
Even though I'm a bit scared cos I'll b attending view with my mom(principl applicant) who isn't so bold when it comes to things like this, I'm sure God that started his good works will complete it for us and for everyone in this great thread/forum.

@Obatide, thanks much for the attachment and explanations.. It was very helpful.. God Bless!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
Darhmee: .
@Obatide, thanks much for the attachment and explanations.. It was very helpful.. God Bless!
You are welcome.
I pray we will all be granted our visas and testify on our interview days
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
So sorry for the late reply. They said the minimum qualification is school cert. So just to show that you finish secondary school that's why you have to go with ur testimonia, my ssce result is very bad I mean very bad, so I sat for gce and I made all my papers. So since I got my o level result through gce, and to show that I pass thru secondary school, I had to go to my secondary to collect the testimonia. And meanwhile I still went with my bad ssce result should incase they ask for it. So I ll advice you to go along with both ssce and gce results and ur testimonia, but don't submit the bad ssce result but if they ask for it, bring out and show them. The CO may not even ask for it, but should in case her/she ask for it, what will u do? That why I said defence is very important, you should know what to say when they ask. In my case the CO did not ask but what if she did? I have my defence. Hope this help. Please oga go take ur visa jare, dem don approve am jooooo..
kennex89: Hello house, thanks to everyone who has just gotten there visa approved most especially CPOLY and XYZZ, i wish you all safe journey to the USA. I will like to have some kind of clarifications here from CPOLY and XYZZ, please how important is secondary school testimonial during interview is it compuslory because i did not make my papers complete during my WAEC so i applied for GCE and i made all my papers and i want to use only the GCE with my unvierosty certificate at the embassy.. please house i need your clarifications on this.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
Please house, for those who are waiting for their interview and those who are waiting for their 2NL, please I beg you fill free to ask any question if you have any challenges or if you need assistance towards your preparation. We that have gone for our interview are in better position to answer questions,they are many people here who will assist. For the fact that u won the lottery and they sent u r 2NL means that they have allocated a visa for. So please always say the truth no matter how stupid the truth is. Go and take ur visa.....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kemikemmy: 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
Please i like to know if there is any good advice for a single mother (never married) without children father's name on
children birth certificate that won the lottery. All her form to KCC stated single and only children name included
I've read several post and comment but there is non that answer the question.
She like to know what to do. Any other alternative? or she should just forget about the whole thing.
Please your advice is needed urgently thank you
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ok, concerning the gce, I have reply to issues concerning that. Ur wife is the principal applicant and she have all her school certificates, for you, if u want to go with the gce cert fine, if u don't want to cool, but if you can get the testimonia it will be cool, u not passing ur ssce doesn't mean that you should not go for ur testimonia you will need it in future. Concerning the work experince, they said the the minimum qualification is school cert or minimum of 2 years working experince If I'm right, now since you have ur olevel you are automatically qualify for it, but if u dont have it, that's where the work experince thing comes in. So oga just pray and go and take ur visa funny enough the CO might not even ask u any question. But prepare o should in case. It ll be easy for ur family in Jesus name. God is with ur bro.. We r waiting for ur testimony...
kennex89: Please for those who have attended the interview with their spouse on deriviatives and have won can you please confirm this for me in respect to the high school things, this is so because i have not yet collected my school testimonial because i did not pass my weac so i have been using my GCE and i dont know if i go to the embassy without it i will be disqualify because i dont intedn to go with it, just my GCE certificate and a scratch card for evidence on the result and my university certificate, but my wife who is the pricncipal applicant has her testimonial and other documents with her, please house what d you think about this......EVIDENCE OF REQUIRED EDUCATION OR WORK EXPERIENCE: The principal applicant must submit a certified copy of a school diploma confirming successful completion of secondary or higher education; OR documentary evidence of two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform. Only the principal applicant is subject to this requirement. The U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net OnLine database will be used to determine qualifying work experience. Please check DV Lottery instructions for more information....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
Adegokenath: No evidence to proof becouse i have not seen anyboday that win in oct.

Lolz u mean you've asked the whole Nigerian? shocked How many did you asked?? I said second batch was released last month
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
Obatide:
Though your question goes to those who have been interviewed, but before they respond, may I try to answer with my little understanding of your question? (though, I pray to have successful interview too very soon)
To start with, beneficiaries are not mandated to submit their evidence of education but if you have it handy, no crime
Also, for Principal Applicant whose certificate is mandated, it is stated that proof/evidence of completion of 12years of education (bolded), which means if you are submitting GCE (being an external exam), a testimonial will be considered but if NECO, WASSCE or Any approved internal exams, Testimonial is not compulsory
Does this help a bit?

kennex89: thanks bro this helps. My wife is just the one that needs to show evidence which i know all her papers are complete and she has her testimonial too.

XYZZ: Please house, for those who are waiting for their interview and those who are waiting for their 2NL, please I beg you fill free to ask any question if you have any challenges or if you need assistance towards your preparation. We that have gone for our interview are in better position to answer questions,they are many people here who will assist. For the fact that u won the lottery and they sent u r 2NL means that they have allocated a visa for. So please always say the truth no matter how stupid the truth is. Go and take ur visa.....

umhhhhhhh

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.