Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (425667 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
Happy Sunday People,

It a new week and I pray for as many that will be going for their visa interview this week,
May God go with you, Be with you tru d interview sessions and crown you all with success, the
testimony will never stop flowing.

For those of us expecting our 2NL, Surely its on it way, be hopeful and prepared.

Have a nice week people.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by olutola1: 8:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
Thanks Obatide, having been studying this forum, I edited your list. Pls feel free to correct it.

To avoid Last rush.
Reminder on documents required:
1. Appointment Letters (1st & 2nd)
2. Intl passport
3. Birth Certificate/ (NPC Attestation of Birth)
4. Marriage Cert. ( where applicable)
5.Police certificate ( WA)
6. Medical Report
7. Academic Certificates: WAEC/TESTIMONIAL/DEGREE/NYSC/MSC/Proof of Qualifying Work Experience (e.g. Appointment Letters, Recommendation Letters, Professional Certs. Others supporting over 2yrs of experience etc.)
8. 2 x2 white background passport photos
9. Processing fee of $330 for each family members even babies.
10. A set of photocopies of the above
listed
And any info you seem could be
additional information for u.
Wishing everybody all the

Estimate:
Tentative budget (rough estimate) for
a single adult,
Int'l Passport= N18000
NPC cert= N3000
Police cert= N3000 to N4000
Medical= btwn N20000 to N35000
Photographs= N1000
Processing fee- $330 @ N165/$ =
N54500
USCIS Payment- $165 =27250
Miscelleneous- 20000

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
Obatide:
Thanks bro, Happy sunday sir and hows ur family doing?
To me, we are just rubbing mind and the more you tell people what you know, the likelihood of knowing more (my mathematics policy grin grin grin)
but jokes apart, you are a great contributor on this thread

Happy Sunday to you too. My family is doing real good and how's yours? Actually, I've been on vacation and have not been too frequent on the thread, been busy doing some catching up and fixing things before I resume. Yeah, that's my concept as well "the more you tell people what you know, the likelihood of knowing more". In fact see where I started from: https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/720#15689036 Thanks for the compliment about the contribution. It's God and wanting to know more. When are you current?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Happy Sunday to you too. My family is doing real good and how's yours? Actually, I've been on vacation and have not been too frequent on the thread, been busy doing some catching up and fixing things before I resume. Yeah, that's my concept as well "the more you tell people what you know, the likelihood of knowing more". In fact see where I started from: https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/720#15689036 Thanks for the compliment about the contribution. It's God and wanting to know more. When are you current?
My family is fine bro.
Yeah, your expertise is more needed nowadays, kindly create time from your busy schedules, GOD help us all
I have been current from November bulletin, my interview is in December, pls pray along
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by principo(f): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
Praise Jah,my husband just called to say that he arrived Maryland U.S.A safely.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
jagajaga 79: more good news to come.i need respond to my question,i collected my first degree certificate on friday,the problem is that on my degree certificate my name was writing on it like this FOLAMI WAHEED OLASUNKANMI, but my neco certificate result was writing like this FOLAMI WAIDI OLASUNKANMI.I fill my DSP application with this spelling FOLAMI WAIDI OLASUNKANMI.can any body please help me out on this URGENTLY.
U've got absolutely nothing 2 worry about
Most of these errors that bother us are not even noticed by both the department that confirm credentials at the embassy & the consular officers.
Am a living testimony.
In my case,my NECO certificate contains an error of omission of an alphabet in my first name
I went to federal high court in ibadan to swear an affidavit as advised by gud pple like @John morgan on dis forum
BUT to my surprise,it was not noticed @ all during my intervw
Though some errors are noticed but negligible or pardon-able
I even bought two(02) NECO online scratch card(result checker) along to the embassy for them to confirm by certificates both SSCE & NECO GCE
To my surprise,when I was called 2 summit my credentials @ window 21 on my intervw day & I took out two(2) scratch cards along with d certificates. The youngman that attended to me smiled an said "No we dnt need that,we knw original O level results wen we see it"
I smiled back & return the scratch cards 2 my envelope.
My Advice,
If you are going to an intervw,make sure u get along wit u scratch cards for them to confirm ur O level result since u dnt av any cockroach in ur cupboard especially those dat do nt av their certificate yet & statement
Want to go wit statement of result.
These pple knw original WAEC & NECO results even wen they jst sight it
Its what they do everyday.
Hope this help?
I wish you & evry1 going for intervw success IJN
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2013
[qu ;Dot ;De author=shegsky] hahahaha, Mr Goke, na rushing tinz, anyway. GOD BLS UNITD ST OF AMERICAN. Wishn u a safe jr. [/quote]
Amen
Tank you.
There are ONLY three(03) things left 2 be done after Visa is approved
1. Quit you job
2. Vacate ur apartment
3. Jet out 2 d states....... QED

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chinny2014(m): 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
[quote
author=olutola1]Thanks Obatide, having been studying this forum, I
edited your list. Pls feel free to correct it.

To avoid Last rush.
2. Intl passport
6. Medical Report
7. Academic Certificates: WAEC/TESTIMONIAL/DEGREE/NYSC/MSC/Proof of
Qualifying Work Experience (e.g. Appointment Letters, Recommendation
Letters, Professional Certs. Others supporting over 2yrs of experience
etc.)
listed

Estimate:
a single adult,
Int'l Passport= N18000
NPC cert= N3000
Photographs= N1000
N54500
Miscelleneous- 20000[/quote]
tnks alot for d tentative estimate. bt huge money for us wt a family of 3,bt God is Great,he will see us tru
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chinny2014(m): 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2013
principo: Praise Jah,my husband just called to say that he arrived Maryland U.S.A safely.
congratulations n may God take all d glory as u prepare to join him
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 11:10pm On Nov 17, 2013
gokman4u:
Yes Bro,Garden state is d choice destination.
Hope u r settling down well sir.
Pls can I get ur personal contact like FB or email add?
Wanna get certain infos 4rm u(d source *wink).
Tanks in anticipation

God has been good to my family since we got here and I must tell you that it's beautiful here.
Check my profile for my contact or you PM me.
You're welcome bro.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2013
phatzyka: @ Leripa how is life in New Jersey? Hope things are not very expensive there? grin

Life has been good here bro. All I can say is that everything has to do with your lifestyle. There is a saying that "cut your coat according to your size".
The truth is, there is affordability.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
chinny2014:
amen oo,dts wea am hoping me and my family will migrate to come early nxt yr, CN 13xxx

May the good Lord see you through the entire process and grant your family journey mercies.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by phatzyka: 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2013
@LeripA thank you for the information.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:15am On Nov 18, 2013
olutola1: pls my people, I believe NPC Attestation of Birth is what we need because I got one already earlier this year...I don't wanna discover I've spent time getting what I got already. Many thanks for your response.
U dont need another one,you are good to go

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by powerfuljc: 1:06am On Nov 18, 2013
I submitted my biodata form to kcc via DHL but someone said in the forum that those who reply their biodat through DHL always have 2NL delayed.Pls can somebody in the house clear the air for me bcs I dont understand.thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by principo(f): 5:41am On Nov 18, 2013
chinny2014:
congratulations n may God take all d glory as u prepare to join him
Thanks,i wish you success in your interview.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by principo(f): 5:49am On Nov 18, 2013
powerfuljc: I submitted my biodata form to kcc via DHL but someone said in the forum that those who reply their biodat through DHL always have 2NL delayed.Pls can somebody in the house clear the air for me bcs I dont understand.thanks
My family submitted ours through DHL too and everything went right on time.we have since been interviewed on 3rd of oct.so its possible that you didn't understand the person or he is mistaken.relax,you have nothing to worry about.success is yours when the time comes.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by AnthonyLofty(m): 6:26am On Nov 18, 2013
Those dat hav done their interview,please did you go with your x-ray picture and was it collectd? Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 6:38am On Nov 18, 2013
Nope iu don't need to go with ur x ray to the embassy.just go with the sealed envelope.that's all.Hope this help
Anthony Lofty: Those dat hav done their interview,please did you go with your x-ray picture and was it collectd? Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2013
Leripa:

God has been good to my family since we got here and I must tell you that it's beautiful here.
Check my profile for my contact or you PM me.
You're welcome bro.
Tank you sir.
I'll PM u.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 8:45am On Nov 18, 2013
olutola1: Thanks Obatide, having been studying this forum, I edited your list. Pls feel free to correct it.

To avoid Last rush.
2. Intl passport
6. Medical Report
7. Academic Certificates: WAEC/TESTIMONIAL/DEGREE/NYSC/MSC/Proof of Qualifying Work Experience (e.g. Appointment Letters, Recommendation Letters, Professional Certs. Others supporting over 2yrs of experience etc.)
listed

Estimate:
a single adult,
Int'l Passport= N18000
NPC cert= N3000
Photographs= N1000
N54500

Miscelleneous- 20000

thanks Obatide and Olutola...this is very educating! God bless you guys real good.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 8:52am On Nov 18, 2013
Obatide:
My family is fine bro.
Yeah, your expertise is more needed nowadays, kindly create time from your busy schedules, GOD help us all
I have been current from November bulletin, my interview is in December, pls pray along

@Obatide....you have so much of a blessing to many on this thread...there is no way the Lord will not favour you....go ahead and pick your visa and be praying for those of us who are not sure when we'll be current. God bless you
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2013
gokman4u:
The ELIS method is very simple & user friendly.
1.Log on to d website
2.Create an account on d site using ur email
3.Proceed to make d paymnt for ursef and or other members of d family(a.)banks account details(for those that operate foreign account) OR (b.)using plastic card (credit,debit cards etc)I used my Gtb mastercard Naira & its very easy & efficient.
Enter ur informatns on d card
1. The card holder name
2.Card number(set of long range of number @ d front of d debit card)
3.Enter d security number of ur card(3-digit number @ d back of ur card)
4.Click "next or continue " once 2 avoid being debited more than once
5. U then get a payment confirmation receipt in pdf format.
6. Print out d receipt & Keep for ur personal record.
It helps!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by toye88: 10:06am On Nov 18, 2013
Went to the embassy on wed. After some security checks I finally got in, some of the staff were a bit rude ( Sec. Guards & Junior staff) however, the CO was nice. Got the visa eventually... grin...Learning Point: Just chill guys when its ur turn things will work out fine once you have ur docs and requirements...we should start focussing on the new life in USA...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 10:18am On Nov 18, 2013
Good morning and how was d weekend. Kindly advice, is it advisable to send form ds 230 and 122 too kcc via e-mail, how reliable is it?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2013
Firewami: Good morning and how was d weekend. Kindly advice, is it advisable to send form ds 230 and 122 too kcc via e-mail, how reliable is it?
Yes, its advisable and reliable
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 10:52am On Nov 18, 2013
toye88: Went to the embassy on wed. After some security checks I finally got in, some of the staff were a bit rude ( Sec. Guards & Junior staff) however, the CO was nice. Got the visa eventually... grin...Learning Point: Just chill guys when its ur turn things will work out fine once you have ur docs and requirements...we should start focussing on the new life in USA...
Pls give ur testimony in detail; it will be beneficial dat way
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 11:38am On Nov 18, 2013
txn, i reali aprec8.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by phatzyka: 11:43am On Nov 18, 2013
I am happy about your testinmony. We all waiting patiently to be interviewed key into your testimony and believe that that God of yesterday, today and forever will grant us favour in the sight of which ever CO that will interview us and and give us all our Visas.
Any 2NL for this month yet?

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by toye88: 11:46am On Nov 18, 2013
chiwuike20:
Pls give ur testimony in detail; it will be beneficial dat way

@chiwuike20 the process I went thru is similar to other success stories earlier posted by others...and i want to avoid repeating what has been said thats why I pointed out the exception I noted (attitude). However, as a concession please ensure you have photocopies of ur docs, its better to have the 330 dollars cash because rates are increasing by the day and you may not be sure of the exact naira...some small papers will be handed to you before you enter ( a blue paper-square in shape; a paper for your contact details -to be filled when you enter the hall; and the payment paper) please keep those docs properly to avoid embarrasment!...hope this satisfies your observation?

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by philipblac: 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
Congrat dear
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
I made a failed attempt to get my police clearance today in Port Harcourt. The simple reason: while everyone on this forum says they get theirs done with about 3k, i was asked to pay 10k each for my wife and I and we would get it in a weeks time. Between us, we tried to justify the 14k difference but could not so we just put it off and will have it done in Lagos.

On the bright side, this is the first time I am going to a government owned facility to get papers done and did not run into a single tout. Even thought the guys were not in the office when i got there, they had their numbers pasted on the door so all you have to do is call and they will appear in no time at all....

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.