Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (425641 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
kemikemmy: Please i like to know if there is any good advice for a single mother (never married) without children father's name on
children birth certificate that won the lottery. All her form to KCC stated single and only children name included
I've read several post and comment but there is non that answer the question.
She like to know what to do. Any other alternative? or she should just forget about the whole thing.
Please your advice is needed urgently thank you

The case is dicey but lets rub mind:
If you have photo evidence to back your claim and can convince the C.O of the Relationship (mother & child), you should be fine.
alternatively, you may post the question on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me
Note: from past experience with Evidence, I believe that the respondent on that thread(Visa Officer), is real and their staff, so act on whatever reply you get there.
Hope it helps?

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kemikemmy: 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
[color=#000099]Please i like to know if there is any good advice for a single mother (never married) without children father's name on
children birth certificate that won the lottery. All her form to KCC stated single and only children name included
She like to know what to do. Any other alternative? or she should just forget about the whole thing.
Please your advice is needed urgently thank you. Under the Visa lottery instruction it is stated that both
parent name must be included.

please help!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Wellton(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
Please house I need ur help!... I made a change of name(Surname) after my secondary school in 2001. Now all my documents including my GCE results and first degree are in my current surname since then. And I also wrote NECO SSCE in my current name in 2005 but the results were cancelled
My problem now is that I want to collect my secondary school testimonia and I am confused if I should ask my school to issue my testimonia in my old name or current name. Thanks in advance for ur contributions.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
Wellton: Please house I need ur help!... I made a change of name(Surname) after my secondary school in 2001. Now all my documents including my GCE results and first degree are in my current surname since then. And I also wrote NECO SSCE in my current name in 2005 but the results were cancelled
My problem now is that I want to collect my secondary school testimonia and I am confused if I should ask my school to issue my testimonia in my old name or current name. Thanks in advance for ur contributions.
. My bro,you need not worry. The name on my WAEC certificate is different from my DV lottery name,I even thought they will ask me question on that but nothing was asked. Just do a change of name and newspaper advert you re good to go.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
XYZZ: So sorry for the late reply. They said the minimum qualification is school cert. So just to show that you finish secondary school that's why you have to go with ur testimonia, my ssce result is very bad I mean very bad, so I sat for gce and I made all my papers. So since I got my o level result through gce, and to show that I pass thru secondary school, I had to go to my secondary to collect the testimonia. And meanwhile I still went with my bad ssce result should incase they ask for it. So I ll advice you to go along with both ssce and gce results and ur testimonia, but don't submit the bad ssce result but if they ask for it, bring out and show them. The CO may not even ask for it, but should in case her/she ask for it, what will u do? That why I said defence is very important, you should know what to say when they ask. In my case the CO did not ask but what if she did? I have my defence. Hope this help. Please oga go take ur visa jare, dem don approve am jooooo..
@XYZZ, between ur testimonial and ur bad waec cert, wch did u present to d CO?
Ur reply will be appreciated
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
XYZZ: So sorry for the late reply. They said the minimum qualification is school cert. So just to show that you finish secondary school that's why you have to go with ur testimonia, my ssce result is very bad I mean very bad, so I sat for gce and I made all my papers. So since I got my o level result through gce, and to show that I pass thru secondary school, I had to go to my secondary to collect the testimonia. And meanwhile I still went with my bad ssce result should incase they ask for it. So I ll advice you to go along with both ssce and gce results and ur testimonia, but don't submit the bad ssce result but if they ask for it, bring out and show them. The CO may not even ask for it, but should in case her/she ask for it, what will u do? That why I said defence is very important, you should know what to say when they ask. In my case the CO did not ask but what if she did? I have my defence. Hope this help. Please oga go take ur visa jare, dem don approve am jooooo..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
I presented my gce and the testimonia with my degree, but I was holding the bad waec should incase they ask for it, but they never did..
chiwuike20:
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
Obatide:

Long time Mr Timi,
It's part of required documents for process of NPC stuff. It's already attached here on my reply to @Darmhee, at 4:22pm (Nigeria time) in previous page, kindly click:
https://www.nairaland.com/1275397/dv-2014-winners-meet-here/134
Other documents needed are: sworn affidavit of Birth, 2passport photo and Nationally Recognized form of Identification.
I'm doing my best to get set, thanks
Hope it helps?

@kevwe, maybe u don't take note, after submission of above listed other documents in NPC office, what will convey Your request is that covering letter/application. However, they do refer applicant to manual typist around their office to get it typed at a fee, but trust me, just feel people could have it handy to avoid unnecessary stress & exploitation, which is the primary purpose of this thread.
Any contrary opinion?

Yea, you are very right. You could do it yourself at work with this format you've already uploaded and take it there with you. Nice

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Wellton(m): 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
[quote author=TCPonly]. My bro,you need not worry. The name on my WAEC certificate is different from my DV lottery name,I even thought they will ask me question on that but nothing was asked. Just do a change of name and newspaper advert you re good to go.[/quote

Thanks for your advice
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
phatzyka: @Gokman what part of New Jersey are you travelling to? I would be travelling to Mansfield village, hacketts town but that will be Next Year.
Am heading to Irvington NJ & planning 2 av my Xmas in d states by his grace.
Wuld like 2 meet u in d states.
My FB name is Goke Adebayo
We can chat 4rm there.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Obatide: Though your question goes to those who have been interviewed, but before they respond, may I try to answer with my little understanding of your question? (though, I pray to have successful interview too very soon)
To start with, beneficiaries are not mandated to submit their evidence of education but if you have it handy, no crime
Also, for Principal Applicant whose certificate is mandated, it is stated that proof/evidence of completion of 12years of education (bolded), which means if you are submitting GCE (being an external exam), a testimonial will be considered but if NECO, WASSCE or Any approved internal exams, Testimonial is not compulsory
Does this help a bit?

kennex89: thanks bro this helps. My wife is just the one that needs to show evidence which i know all her papers are complete and she has her testimonial too.

XYZZ: Please house, for those who are waiting for their interview and those who are waiting for their 2NL, please I beg you fill free to ask any question if you have any challenges or if you need assistance towards your preparation. We that have gone for our interview are in better position to answer questions,they are many people here who will assist. For the fact that u won the lottery and they sent u r 2NL means that they have allocated a visa for. So please always say the truth no matter how silly the truth is. Go and take ur visa.....

Obatide:

umhhhhhhh

umhhhhhhh2
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
TCPonly:
Bro,
I will be heading to new jersey too.
Nice 1.
Am going to Irvington
Where in NJ are u heading?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
kemikemmy: [color=#000099]Please i like to know if there is any good advice for a single mother (never married) without children father's name on
Please your advice is needed urgently thank you. Under the Visa lottery instruction it is stated that both
parent name must be included.

please help!!!

If 1) The child was included in your initial DV entry
2) You can prove that the child is yours and s/he is really yours,
My sister, I am very certain that you are good to go. Except if and only if you had the child before the initial DV entry and you did not include the child as your derivative and you want to include the child now, my sister, automatic disqualification for you. You may be charged for alien smuggling and face possible permanent ban from entering the States.
My advice: ... I'd rather not say now, I will wait for your response. You may also ask the VisaOfficer via the link Obatide also gave you, he is in the best position to answer you.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
Wellton: Please house I need ur help!... I made a change of name(Surname) after my secondary school in 2001. Now all my documents including my GCE results and first degree are in my current surname since then. And I also wrote NECO SSCE in my current name in 2005 but the results were cancelled

It should be in your old name, since that was what you were using then. There should be consistency in what you say and present. Since you've changed name and can prove you are the same person, you are just fine. The burden of proof is on you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by phatzyka: 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
Goke Adebayo. There. Are more than 3 of thesame name so which one is yours'
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
seubis: Pls ow did u pay the USCIS fee for green card?could u pls tell me the procedures to follow.will appreciate ur swift response
The ELIS method is very simple & user friendly.
1.Log on to d website
2.Create an account on d site using ur email
3.Proceed to make d paymnt for ursef and or other members of d family(a.)banks account details(for those that operate foreign account) OR (b.)using plastic card (credit,debit cards etc)I used my Gtb mastercard Naira & its very easy & efficient.
Enter ur informatns on d card
1. The card holder name
2.Card number(set of long range of number @ d front of d debit card)
3.Enter d security number of ur card(3-digit number @ d back of ur card)
4.Click "next or continue " once 2 avoid being debited more than once
5. U then get a payment confirmation receipt in pdf format.
6. Print out d receipt & Keep for ur personal record.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
phatzyka: Goke Adebayo. There. Are more than 3 of thesame name so which one is yours'
Am on pink shirt.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
ogundipeola:

Congrats gokman,so happy for u,may God perfect the remaining of ur joni to d dreamland..pls also don't forget to compare ur ticket Fare with me,as I stand to give u d very best deal. Congrats once again.
Tanks
Culd u pls drop ur contact details?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 1:04am On Nov 17, 2013
phatzyka: @Gokman what part of New Jersey are you travelling to? I would be travelling to Mansfield village, hacketts town but that will be Next Year.

Hackettstown, Warren county. The home of Mars Chocolates.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 5:03am On Nov 17, 2013
Thanks bro.cld u pls give me the website?await ur swift response
gokman4u:
1.Log on to d website
3.Proceed to make d paymnt for ursef and or other members of d family(a.)banks account details(for those that operate foreign account) OR (b.)using plastic card (credit,debit cards etc)I used my Gtb mastercard Naira & its very easy & efficient.
1. The card holder name
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 6:01am On Nov 17, 2013
I am the lucky winner of 2014 DV lottery. My case number is very high. SO will I receive the 2NL for 2014 or be current for 2014.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 6:03am On Nov 17, 2013
gokman4u:
Nice 1.
Am going to Irvington
Where in NJ are u heading?
Bro, I am going to newark,NJ next year though.
I got ur facebook name I will add u.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2013
rcha: I am the lucky winner of 2014 DV lottery. My case number is very high. SO will I receive the 2NL for 2014 or be current for 2014.
did u win in oct and what is ur case number
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 7:07am On Nov 17, 2013
gokman4u:
1.Log on to d website
1. The card holder name
Good one bro
seubis: Thanks bro.cld u pls give me the website?await ur swift response
Their site is: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee
To create new account, click
https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov/cislogin/CISControllerAction.do?TAM_OP=login&ERROR_CODE=0x00000000&URL=%2F&AUTHNLEVEL=&OLDSESSION=
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 7:59am On Nov 17, 2013
House please I want to know, concerning the USIC feee, I my paying for my 1 year old son too?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by adeadebayor: 8:42am On Nov 17, 2013
congratulation to those that have collected there visa and those awaiting interview, including me, will find favor IJN. I m a beneficiary my spouse is d principal applicant. I want to find out if my credential wil b required among d documents requested by d embassy. the reason being dat on my waec my third name is Jimoh but other documents including my GCE carries Adebayo as third name. The jimoh i hv dropped. Will dis not pose any problem @ d interview. i await immediate response on this.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 9:15am On Nov 17, 2013
pls i need help in the form DSP122 No2 say Rank order number (case number in envelope) pls what do dey mean....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 10:27am On Nov 17, 2013
akintunde95: pls i need help in the form DSP122 No2 say Rank order number (case number in envelope) pls what do dey mean....
It means your case number!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 10:42am On Nov 17, 2013
XYZZ: House please I want to know, concerning the USIC feee, I my paying for my 1 year old son too?
According to the information below, yes, your son needs to pay USCIS fee.
Do you pay $330 visa fee for him pls?

Foreign nationals who seek permanent residence in the United States and receive an immigrant visa from the Department of State need to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee online before departing for the United States.

How to Pay the Fee

You must pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee online using USCIS ELIS. You may pay for yourself and for any family members who will live with you in the United States. Attorneys, accredited representatives, and employers are not authorized to create a USCIS ELIS account on your behalf to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee. Only you, as the immigrant, may open a USCIS ELIS account and pay the required fee in order to obtain your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).

You will need to complete the electronic payment request and provide:

Your Alien number (A-Number) and your Department of State (DOS) Case ID number.
If you pay for your family members, you must have their A-Numbers, DOS Case ID numbers and correct biographic information.
You also will need to provide a valid credit or debit card or, if you choose to have money taken directly from your bank account, a checking account number and the routing number for your U.S. bank.

Source http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2013
XYZZ: I presented my gce and the testimonia with my degree, but I was holding the bad waec should incase they ask for it, but they never did..
Thanks so much, I'm grateful 4 ur response
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 10:55am On Nov 17, 2013
adeadebayor: congratulation to those that have collected there visa and those awaiting interview, including me, will find favor IJN. I m a beneficiary my spouse is d principal applicant. I want to find out if my credential wil b required among d documents requested by d embassy. the reason being dat on my waec my third name is Jimoh but other documents including my GCE carries Adebayo as third name. The jimoh i hv dropped. Will dis not pose any problem @ d interview. i await immediate response on this.
Don't worry, all u have to do is make sure u have all ur names in ur NPC certificate. Wish u success in ur interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.