Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (425648 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
Congrate @toye88.. Thanks to everyone for your advice and contributions.. Ese..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
okeymen: I made a failed attempt to get my police clearance today in Port Harcourt. The simple reason: while everyone on this forum says they get theirs done with about 3k, i was asked to pay 10k each for my wife and I and we would get it in a weeks time. Between us, we tried to justify the 14k difference but could not so we just put it off and will have it done in Lagos.

On the bright side, this is the first time I am going to a government owned facility to get papers done and did not run into a single tout. Even thought the guys were not in the office when i got there, they had their numbers pasted on the door so all you have to do is call and they will appear in no time at all....
I dont think anyone in d forum will ask you to do your police clearance in Porthacourt, it should be Birth attestation at NPC. You can only get ur police clearance done at Alagbon in Lagos. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
toye88:

@chiwuike20 the process I went thru is similar to other success stories earlier posted by others...and i want to avoid repeating what has been said thats why I pointed out the exception I noted (attitude). However, as a concession please ensure you have photocopies of ur docs, its better to have the 330 dollars cash because rates are increasing by the day and you may not be sure of the exact naira...some small papers will be handed to you before you enter ( a blue paper-square in shape; a paper for your contact details -to be filled when you enter the hall; and the payment paper) please keep those docs properly to avoid embarrasment!...hope this satisfies your observation?

Thanks a lot.. But d repetition dey sweet some of us for belle.. I will appreciate if u can tell us d questions d CO asked dat u remember and ur responses. Tnx 1c again

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
komakan: I dont think anyone in d forum will ask you to do your police clearance in Porthacourt, it should be Birth attestation at NPC. You can only get ur police clearance done at Alagbon in Lagos. Goodluck!

PH is one heck of an expensive town. However the police clearance can be done at any state CID. Only difference is they still send it to Alagbon that's y it takes so long.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
okeymen:

PH is one heck of an expensive town. However the police clearance can be done at any state CID. Only difference is they still send it to Alagbon that's y it takes so long.
Okay. ..just that I have never heard of this. Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by onpointbaby: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
Thank God I just collected my passport and sealed envelope at DHL Collection Centre @ Muri Okunola. New York Loading.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bendam: 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
onpointbaby: Thank God I just collected my passport and sealed envelope at DHL Collection Centre @ Muri Okunola. New York Loading.
Congratulations.It shall yield good fruit.please I heard we don't need to take the X Ray picture along to the embassy.how true ....kindly confirm it pls.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
onpointbaby: Thank God I just collected my passport and sealed envelope at DHL Collection Centre @ Muri Okunola. New York Loading.
i am coming to meet u there because I believe God has already done it for me, and I must testify it to this blessed forum.. Amen....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chinny2014(m): 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
[quote
author=onpointbaby] Thank God I just collected my passport and sealed
envelope at DHL Collection Centre @ Muri Okunola. New York
Loading.[/quote]
congratulation,may God's name be praised always.me and my family key in ur success story.see u in US ofA
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by toye88: 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
bukiemma:

Thanks a lot.. But d repetition dey sweet some of us for belle.. I will appreciate if u can tell us d questions d CO asked dat u remember and ur responses. Tnx 1c again

Thanks @outstandingsand...
@bukiema...i will try and list

after the swearing and finger print, the questions asked were:
CO: what are you doing now
ME: Working at...
CO: when did you start working:
ME: 20....
CO:Before now what were you doing
ME: Masters
CO: What skool
Me: Univ....
CO: ohh I love that skool. What is your job function
ME: Risk Mgt
CO: how come you are not doing something related to your course
ME: started working in this particular industry & I have since been there.
CO: ok..thats good

After some few clicks she smiled and told me congratulations and welcome to USA. By the way, the CO was an african american (beautiful lady!)...so I guess my mind was not in the questions being asked cheesy... she then gave me 2 papers (1 for visa pick up, the other USCIS payment).

I forgot to inform you guys that my interview date was shifted. It was initially billed for October 31st, however, I received a call informing me of the new date of 13th Nov... I was a bit annoyed because I felt a mail should have been used to back up the call (for me that was standard going by my training). so i mailed them that same day...the response i got was stunning...I was told I could not reschedule a date after the date advised (13th) and if i missed the interview that would be all. waiting be dis, see me see wahala, na me beg u say make u shift am?...was so furious so I almost sent a stinker mail to them...but after persuasion from my friend and colleague, I dropped the idea...

The cab that took me there had no bright head light... was scared wen we got to 3rd mainland and the whole place was dark...this was arnd 4.45...@bukiemma I tink I have tried...need to get back to work!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Boomshakar: 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
chinny2014:
congratulation,may God's name be praised always.me and my family key in ur success story.see u in US ofA
Congratulations!.. Our God is a wonder working God.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
toye88:

After some few clicks she smiled and told me congratulations and welcome to USA. By the way, the CO was an african american (beautiful lady!)...so I guess my mind was not in the questions being asked cheesy... she then gave me 2 papers (1 for visa pick up, the other USCIS payment).

I forgot to inform you guys that my interview date was shifted. It was initially billed for October 31st, however, I received a call informing me of the new date of 13th Nov... I was a bit annoyed because I felt a mail should have been used to back up the call (for me that was standard going by my training). so i mailed them that same day...the response i got was stunning...I was told I could not reschedule a date after the date advised (13th) and if i missed the interview that would be all. waiting be dis, see me see wahala, na me beg u say make u shift am?...was so furious so I almost sent a stinker mail to them...but after persuasion from my friend and colleague, I dropped the idea...

The cab that took me there had no bright head light... was scared wen we got to 3rd mainland and the whole place was dark...this was arnd 4.45...@bukiemma I tink I have tried...need to get back to work!

Hmm, interesting. No matter what, we always learn from every testimony as they are peculiar. I understand that you may be busy at work. Congrats bro. Which one be stinker mail again? u want stink them? grin
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nice one, congrats, going for mine on Friday. What do u need to take along to pick up the visa at DHL office? Form of identification?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Kaybaba65(m): 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
toye88:

Congratulations ! Greater favour awaits you as you relocate in Jesus name. We tap into this same grace!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
toye88:

congrats
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
XYZZ: Nice one, congrats, going for mine on Friday. What do u need to take along to pick hope the visa at DHL office? Form of identification?

I will be going for mine on friday too.Though will be coming from benin city.
@all, pls. I will need description to DHL office.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by philipblac: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
Congrate
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
toye88:

Congratulations, what a funny testimony!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
congrats, God will see you through the next stage.
Im happy for you
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
XYZZ: Nice one, congrats, going for mine on Friday. What do u need to take along to pick hope the visa at DHL office? Form of identification?
someone once said A FORM OF IDENTIFICATION is necessary, and don't forget to review G2Glory's advice on water proof stuff (just an advice though)
TCPonly:
I will be going for mine on friday too.Though will be coming from benin city.
@all, pls. I will need description to DHL office.
wishing you a safe Journey bros.
Just an advice, especially if you are not residing in Lagos, there is facility to check if your visa is ready before traveling down here.
This is the site for checking: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/Status.aspx?

For the adress, @Femshow, @seubis, @G2Glory or any other person familiar with that route, kindly help

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
principo: Praise Jah,my husband just called to say that he arrived Maryland U.S.A safely.
congrats ma, but dont stay too long before Joining him cos I heard that COLD is too much over there now, u understand grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by onpointbaby: 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
Thanks to you all for the congratulatory messages you are all next in line for a great testimony.@bendam you need not take your x-ray film all that is needed is your medical report.@XYZZ I wasn't ask for any form of identification but on a safer side your can take a valid I'd Card. For the description to DHL office from CMS take a bus to eko hotel roundabout. Drop at the last busstop and take keke napep to muri okunola that is where the DHL Office is.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
toye88:

Lool nice one... Thanks bro u hav tried! Congratulations oo, wish u all d best
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Obatide:
someone once said A FORM OF IDENTIFICATION is necessary, and don't forget to review G2Glory's advice on water proof stuff (just an advice though)

wishing you a safe Journey bros.
Just an advice, especially if you are not residing in Lagos, there is facility to check if your visa is ready before traveling down here.
This is the site for checking: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/Status.aspx?

For the adress, @Femshow, @seubis, @G2Glory or any other person family with that route, kindly help
Thanx.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
ItyRoyal:

@Obatide....you have so much of a blessing to many on this thread...there is no way the Lord will not favour you....go ahead and pick your visa and be praying for those of us who are not sure when we'll be current. God bless you
I say A very big AMEN sir, and pray that we will all be current and receive our Visa this very fiscal year.
Dont allow bulletin to give you high BP, the visa is our, try to compare previous bulletin well and your mind will be more at rest
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
toye88:

Congrats
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
toye88:

Funny Guy, Congratulations!!! Tanks for sharing.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by principo(f): 10:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
Obatide:
congrats ma, but dont stay too long before Joining him cos I heard that COLD is too much over there now, u understand grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hahaha, grin grin grin.any attempt!well I plan to be there soon.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by principo(f): 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
toye88:

hilarious.i wonder what would have happened if you have gone ahead to do so.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
Thanks, hope they didn't take much of ur time?
onpointbaby: Thanks to you all for the congratulatory messages you are all next in line for a great testimony.@bendam you need not take your x-ray film all that is needed is your medical report.@XYZZ I wasn't ask for any form of identification but on a safer side your can take a valid I'd Card. For the description to DHL office from CMS take a bus to eko hotel roundabout. Drop at the last busstop and take keke napep to muri okunola that is where the DHL Office is.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chinny2014(m): 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
good evning my e-family,tnk u guys for d wonderful wrk uar doing here.
plz i hv a couple of questions to ask
1) My wife is a 2014 Dv winner,we actually played d lottery as couple bt wt her maiden name since we hv nt done change of name. Nw dt her maiden name hv bn changed, will i use d new name for her int'l passport n oda documents or continue wt d maiden name dt she won wt.
2) She will delivery (By d special Grace of God) within last wk of
Jan,if she is current dn,do u adviced we contact kcc if she hv nt
received her 2NL or wait wn she recieve d 2NL and contact d Lagos
consular office,dis bc i heard dt any update in one's file will affect d time he will receive d 2NL wch i dnt wnt to alter d interview date.
tnks alot,awaiting ur candid responses
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
toye88:

@chiwuike20 the process I went thru is similar to other success stories earlier posted by others...and i want to avoid repeating what has been said thats why I pointed out the exception I noted (attitude). However, as a concession please ensure you have photocopies of ur docs, its better to have the 330 dollars cash because rates are increasing by the day and you may not be sure of the exact naira...some small papers will be handed to you before you enter ( a blue paper-square in shape; a paper for your contact details -to be filled when you enter the hall; and the payment paper) please keep those docs properly to avoid embarrasment!...hope this satisfies your observation?
Nice one, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.