Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,782 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (425651 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
chinny2014: good evning my e-family,tnk u guys for d wonderful wrk uar doing here.
plz i hv a couple of questions to ask
1) My wife is a 2014 Dv winner,we actually played d lottery as couple bt wt her maiden name since we hv nt done change of name. Nw dt her maiden name hv bn changed, will i use d new name for her int'l passport n oda documents or continue wt d maiden name dt she won wt.
2) She will delivery (By d special Grace of God) within last wk of
Jan,if she is current dn,do u adviced we contact kcc if she hv nt
received her 2NL or wait wn she recieve d 2NL and contact d Lagos
consular office,dis bc i heard dt any update in one's file will affect d time he will receive d 2NL wch i dnt wnt to alter d interview date.
tnks alot,awaiting ur candid responses

Good evening to you too.
1) Check this from someone who has the same issue as you and decide: https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/805#16888054
2) You can contact KCC if you wish. Now, this talk about 2NL being delayed because of update, is there a prove to that? All I know is that cases are handled in the manner in which they came. Take for example your case file is there and already processed and waiting to be current, then you send KCC an update, they will just include it in your file as well and wait as normal. Your case number also determines when you are current and scheduled for interview. So whether you contact KCC or not, you will still need to fill the DS-230 for your baby anyway to the embassy. So if you are careful about delaying your 2NL, you can wait till you go for your interview.
Hope it helps? Others can contribute.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by philipblac: 7:02am On Nov 19, 2013
Good morning hourse please i want to know if anyone who is current has received their 2NL for this month
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chinny2014(m): 7:57am On Nov 19, 2013
[quote
author=kevwe_flex]

Good evening to you too.
1) Check this from someone who has the same issue as you and decide:
https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/805#16888054
2) You can contact KCC if you wish. Now, this talk about 2NL being
delayed because of update, is there a prove to that? All I know is that
cases are handled in the manner in which they came. Take for example
your case file is there and already processed and waiting to be current,
then you send KCC an update, they will just include it in your file as
well and wait as normal. Your case number also determines when you are
current and scheduled for interview. So whether you contact KCC or not,
you will still need to fill the DS-230 for your baby anyway to the
embassy. So if you are careful about delaying your 2NL, you can wait
till you go for your interview.
Hope it helps? Others can contribute.[/quote] tnks alot,dis really helps

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2013
Wellton: Please house I need ur help!... I made a change of name(Surname) after my secondary school in 2001. Now all my documents including my GCE results and first degree are in my current surname since then. And I also wrote NECO SSCE in my current name in 2005 but the results were cancelled
My problem now is that I want to collect my secondary school testimonia and I am confused if I should ask my school to issue my testimonia in my old name or current name. Thanks in advance for ur contributions.

You have nothing to worry about, i had a change of name after my first degree & my 2nd degree (PG) was on a new name. All my WASCE/GCE & first degree were in old name. In as much as you have affivadvit for change of name & advert publication in one of the newspaper to support your claim.

You are good to go, concerning your testimonial, the school will definitely issue it with your old name & you don't need to tell them to do otherwise. Just think about ladies that got married, all their certificate still carry their maiden name.

Ensure you get your supporting document right. I wish you all the best IJN.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2013
pls house, after filin form ds 230 and 122 wit my wife new family name and indicating her maiden name which was used to play d lottery for her as a single. i then scanned the filled form and passport photograph to KCC, d response i got is 'the information u have provided does not match the case,pls supply d correct information' . Pls i am totally confuse, i don't kno wot to do. i need help pls, wot should i do?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 9:42am On Nov 19, 2013
toye88:

Thanks @outstandingsand...
@bukiema...i will try and list

after the swearing and finger print, the questions asked were:
CO: what are you doing now
ME: Working at...
CO: when did you start working:
ME: 20....
CO:Before now what were you doing
ME: Masters
CO: What skool
Me: Univ....
CO: ohh I love that skool. What is your job function
ME: Risk Mgt
CO: how come you are not doing something related to your course
ME: started working in this particular industry & I have since been there.
CO: ok..thats good

After some few clicks she smiled and told me congratulations and welcome to USA. By the way, the CO was an african american (beautiful lady!)...so I guess my mind was not in the questions being asked cheesy... she then gave me 2 papers (1 for visa pick up, the other USCIS payment).

I forgot to inform you guys that my interview date was shifted. It was initially billed for October 31st, however, I received a call informing me of the new date of 13th Nov... I was a bit annoyed because I felt a mail should have been used to back up the call (for me that was standard going by my training). so i mailed them that same day...the response i got was stunning...I was told I could not reschedule a date after the date advised (13th) and if i missed the interview that would be all. waiting be dis, see me see wahala, na me beg u say make u shift am?...was so furious so I almost sent a stinker mail to them...but after persuasion from my friend and colleague, I dropped the idea...

The cab that took me there had no bright head light... was scared wen we got to 3rd mainland and the whole place was dark...this was arnd 4.45...@bukiemma I tink I have tried...need to get back to work!

Congrats my dear. It is the Lord's doing and it is marvellous in our eyes. Wish you all the best in your preparations.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 9:57am On Nov 19, 2013
chinny2014: good evning my e-family,tnk u guys for d wonderful wrk uar doing here.
plz i hv a couple of questions to ask
1) My wife is a 2014 Dv winner,we actually played d lottery as couple bt wt her maiden name since we hv nt done change of name. Nw dt her maiden name hv bn changed, will i use d new name for her int'l passport n oda documents or continue wt d maiden name dt she won wt.
2) She will delivery (By d special Grace of God) within last wk of
Jan,if she is current dn,do u adviced we contact kcc if she hv nt
received her 2NL or wait wn she recieve d 2NL and contact d Lagos
consular office,dis bc i heard dt any update in one's file will affect d time he will receive d 2NL wch i dnt wnt to alter d interview date.
tnks alot,awaiting ur candid responses

Congrat to her. She would have played with her new surname that is the new married name. There no issue on it, put all records together, her certificates, marriage certificate which must be a date earlier that the day she played the lottery(Since she played as married).
The baby issue: I have such though when I submitted my forms I indicated that my wife was heavy. If she puts to bed, fill form dsp 230 1 & 11 for the baby, get 2x2 passport and international passport for the baby and come for your interview with these with all prove that you have the baby(Birth certificate if possible ante natal records). Note, you will still pay $330 forthe baby.

I got this info from KCC and lagos IV consular. hope this will help
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 10:52am On Nov 19, 2013
some1 should pls say something.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 11:32am On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=Obatide]
someone once said A FORM OF IDENTIFICATION is necessary, and don't forget to review G2Glory's advice on water proof stuff (just an advice though)

wishing you a safe Journey bros.
Just an advice, especially if you are not residing in Lagos, there is facility to check if your visa is ready before traveling down here.
This is the site for checking: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/Status.aspx?

For the adress, @Femshow, @seubis, @G2Glory or any other person familiar with t
My bro,i appreciate,thank u,u are too much.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Wellton(m): 11:40am On Nov 19, 2013
G2Glory:

You have nothing to worry about, i had a change of name after my first degree & my 2nd degree (PG) was on a new name. All my WASCE/GCE & first degree were in old name. In as much as you have affivadvit for change of name & advert publication in one of the newspaper to support your claim.

You are good to go, concerning your testimonial, the school will definitely issue it with your old name & you don't need to tell them to do otherwise. Just think about ladies that got married, all their certificate still carry their maiden name.

Ensure you get your supporting document right. I wish you all the best IJN.

@G2Glory U ar right everyone that have contributed on this issue said the same thing as you did. I appreciate your advice Thank U. I have done my Affidavit of Change of Name and will be going to Vanguard Newspaper next week. I hope this will be enough to prove my case.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 11:43am On Nov 19, 2013
onpointbaby: Thanks to you all for the congratulatory messages you are all next in line for a great testimony.@bendam you need not take your x-ray film all that is needed is your medical report.@XYZZ I wasn't ask for any form of identification but on a safer side your can take a valid I'd Card. For the description to DHL office from CMS take a bus to eko hotel roundabout. Drop at the last busstop and take keke napep to muri okunola that is where the DHL Office is.
Thanks for the description.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:55am On Nov 19, 2013
Firewami: pls house, after filin form ds 230 and 122 wit my wife new family name and indicating her maiden name which was used to play d lottery for her as a single. i then scanned the filled form and passport photograph to KCC, d response i got is 'the information u have provided does not match the case,pls supply d correct information' . Pls i am totally confuse, i don't kno wot to do. i need help pls, wot should i do?

I suggest you call KCC direct at (+1) 606-526-7500 between 7:30am and 4:00pm EST as from 1pm Nigerian time and reference the mail they sent to you saying you don't understand what it means, if they could elaborate more.maybe you played through an agent and they got the CN missed up for you. I don't know, just guessing. I really don't understand as well.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chinny2014(m): 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
@Madu77
tnks alot for d info,dis is quite understandable and self explanatory,may God reaward u for ur knowledge uar sharing wt odas here,tnks bro
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jollyiwin(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
komakan: Okay. ..just that I have never heard of this. Thanks.
how. will you say you have not hear me saying police report can be done in any state.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
jollyiwin: how. will you say you have not hear me saying police report can be done in any state.

You did yours in Benin, zone 5, Adesuwa, right? How much?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
Firewami: pls house, after filin form ds 230 and 122 wit my wife new family name and indicating her maiden name which was used to play d lottery for her as a single. i then scanned the filled form and passport photograph to KCC, d response i got is 'the information u have provided does not match the case,pls supply d correct information' . Pls i am totally confuse, i don't kno wot to do. i need help pls, wot should i do?
1. Are you sure u filled d correct case number? Pls check dis very well cos it very important
2. Ar u sure u filled d forms correctly?
3. Ar u updating or ur jus sending ur forms for d first time?

If u av done everytin correctly i see no reason y dey sent u dat kind of reply! I tink you should contact KCC ASAP
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
jollyiwin: how. will you say you have not hear me saying police report can be done in any state.
I didn't notice that.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2013

probably dere is a mistake wen filling d forms. just go tru dem again nd b sure of ur case no.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jollyiwin(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
kevwe_flex:

You did yours in Benin, zone 5, Adesuwa, right? How much?
do the price was nothing compered to what you guys posted but it was more convenient to me. I did mine 7000 naira
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sorry for the little stress sir, all will be well.
In addition to what kevwe and others have said,
Lets take a practical approach, believing that you get married before the result was released? if so then
When you fill ds 230 and 122 with a new name as a result of status change (Attach a note and if possible marriage certificate)
also when sending it, you need to quote the information as they appear on winning notification i.e

Case No: 2014........
Full Name (as appeared in her notification, which is her maiden name and other names):
Date of Birth:

I believe its after receiving your forms that they will update your status change (marital name), but something must link them to the original information of the principal applicant.
pls do it this way and you will be glad you did.
Hope it helps?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 12:49am On Nov 20, 2013
Good day house, Roooooodboy reportn livin from TX.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 2:41am On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=rood boy]Good day house, Roooooodboy reportn livin from TX.[/qu

9c reading from u. Hope cold no too much
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 3:53am On Nov 20, 2013
rood boy: Good day house, Roooooodboy reportn livin from TX.
Nice 1 @Rooooooodboy.
May God prosper you in your nw home IJN.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 4:04am On Nov 20, 2013
Good forumites,
Pls what can a DV2014 selectee that forgot his email address password do?
He's not computer literate and the email was opened for him by someone long ago before he even played d DV lottery.
Its a gmail account
The option of password recovery is daisy for him becos he cannot answer password recovery questions.
He sent his forms 2 KCC with d email add and he is awaiting 2NL.
Pls what can he do?
Pls help.....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jollyiwin(m): 5:12am On Nov 20, 2013
that's not too hard. for the fact that you have sent your for to kcc and waiting for your 2nl. what you need do is to always check the DV ESC page with your confirmation number. that's where your 2nl will be dropped.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 7:13am On Nov 20, 2013
gokman4u: Good forumites,
He's not computer literate and the email was opened for him by someone long ago before he even played d DV lottery.
Its a gmail account
The option of password recovery is daisy for him becos he cannot answer password recovery questions.
Pls what can he do?
Pls help.....

Since he can't anwser recovery question, I'll advise some sholud help him open
a new email acct ( write d password of d new acct somewhere) so he won't forget
again, then call KCC to up date his file; He may need to fill another form just bcus of
the new email acct.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 7:32am On Nov 20, 2013
2014AS00013*** from asia
chinny2014:
whts ur CN?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2013
Greetings @jollyiwin, please can you describe where that hotel you lodged @ Yaba is? Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2013
gokman4u: Good forumites,
Its a gmail account
Pls what can he do?
Pls help.....

Like jollyiwin said, since he can't access the email, do timely check on the DV lottery Entry Status Check: https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/Secure/StatusCheck.aspx for your 2NL, it would be there when it drops. I also thunk he should open a new email account for subsequent correspondence and discontinue the use of the former.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2013
rood boy: Good day house, Roooooodboy reportn livin from TX.

We thank God for journey mercy. You shall find favour in ur new residence in Jesus name.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by odewenwa: 9:38am On Nov 20, 2013
Good morning house how are we all doing hope good? We give glory to God please I have a question.My family's visas were approved last week friday and we had another baby on Sunday pls what are d necessary process/procedure to get the baby's visa too.thanks so much for a favorable response.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 10:22am On Nov 20, 2013
odewenwa: Good morning house how are we all doing hope good? We give glory to God please I have a question.My family's visas were approved last week friday and we had another baby on Sunday pls what are d necessary process/procedure to get the baby's visa too.thanks so much for a favorable response.
congratulations to your family. the good people of the forum will respond shortly. congrats once again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.