Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? (26786 Views)

Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) / How Much Do You Value Your Girlfriend? / Men, Do You Value Inner Beauty? (Be Honest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 3:41pm On May 03, 2013
Not saying outward appearance isnt important though.

Its God who looks at the heart, not men.

So, op, do whatever works for you i suppose.

there is grease for another pov.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by dannymatt(m): 3:45pm On May 03, 2013
well i'll say it depends on the way you present both, take for example if you claim intelligent and you add a little bit pride to it, then be sure no man would want a proud int6elligent lady, secondly, if you make up and pretend not to be intelligent or your appearance does not look near intelligent, if it were me i will not even look at you twice.... well dats depends on the type of man dat is looking at or watching you.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Inik(m): 3:47pm On May 03, 2013
sexkillz: Mbuk, nyem the two both of them biko.
Mbok nyem afid iba. Ibibio cool
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Blackteeth(m): 4:42pm On May 03, 2013
Let me put it this way, If I am asked to choose between the ugliest woman in the world with super intelligence and a dumb extremely sexy beautiful woman, O boy, I go manage the dumb beautiful woman oh. Ugliness turns me off big time.

5 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by sayso: 4:49pm On May 03, 2013
SLIDE waxie: how does wearing a make up makes u a beauty? Unless u are not that attractive in the first place!
Wearing a make up may get u being noticed, it doesn't say 'u are beautiful'.
U need to be as natural and smart as u are, and let whoever sees u like dt av d interest like dt.

I can't imagine us going on a date and later on my bed. Only for u to emerge from d bathroom for me to scream, 'i rebuke u in Jesus name! What did i jes fuccked'? Wen d make ups has been washed off!!

She has a Ph.D and should be smart enough to describe how men feel about her.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by slimyem: 4:49pm On May 03, 2013
Blackteeth: Let me put it this way, If I am asked to choose between the ugliest woman in the world with super intelligence and a dumb extremely sexy beautiful woman, O boy, I go manage the dumb beautiful woman oh. Ugliness turns me off big time.
cheesycheesycheesy
^^I like to believe most men think this way..

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by churific(m): 4:57pm On May 03, 2013
What do you mean by "OR"?

I'm pretty sure it's "AND" for all men except for those who are mentally challenged or the ones that still have a bit of growing up to do.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 4:58pm On May 03, 2013
Blackteeth: Let me put it this way, If I am asked to choose between the ugliest woman in the world with super intelligence and a dumb extremely sexy beautiful woman, O boy, I go manage the dumb beautiful woman oh. Ugliness turns me off big time.
And have your kids grow up like her right? I can see you looking at the short term goals and ignoring the long term advantage. Pele

3 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 4:59pm On May 03, 2013
slimyem: cheesycheesycheesy
^^I like to believe most men think this way..
Most men don't also think straight. Someone once said it has to do with a weak heart. Once the heart is weak, it pumps blood downwards instead of upwards
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by 2innocent(m): 5:06pm On May 03, 2013
my dear i strongly disagree dat men prefare beauty to intelligence,most mean are smarter dan dat, d issue is, both beauty and intelligence would not just b enough when it comes to serious relationship with a wise man.character and charisma is a key issue. some of dose involluntary actions of urs speak much of who u are.anoda truth is dat d fact dat a man tells u dat u look gud on make up doesnt mean he is being sincere,he might just be telling u what u want 2 hear. n anoda truth is dat some men especially young bachellors dat are yet to b established might b intimidated by ur class, as most men would always want to be in controll n not being controlled. so except he is sure dat u will b humble enough to b his help mate, n submit to him as a wife ought to not comparing ur pedigree wt his,he might not b bold enough to speak out his mind to u, although u are a supposed asset to him.gud luck
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by mediainspired: 5:09pm On May 03, 2013
@OP, altho it varies wit men, but I can boldly say dat for d typical Nigerian man, intelligence & beauty don't even come 1st. It's mostly in dis order:

1. CHARACTER
2. SHARED BELIEFS
3. BEAUTY
4. INTELLIGENCE
5. EMOTIONAL MATURITY (How emotionally stable are u or how able are u to take independent decisions &stick wit ur partner on agreed matters witout too much outside influence from friends &families wit selfish motives)
6. CULTURAL DEPTH (i.e how much do u know of d native language, food &how to cook dem,cultural values & idiosyncracies)
7. MENTAL STRENGTH (Yes, d man is d head of d home; but he'll also worry how much u can hold d fort weneva he's away wit regard to child discipline &maintaining order. He'll love to see u maintain a balance wit dat soft, warm feminine side &firmness. Mind u, not rigidity. Dat's masculine & off limit for ladies).

3 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by chucky234(m): 5:10pm On May 03, 2013
Intelligence any day as beauty fades with the wind while intelligence is permanent
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by strangest(m): 5:12pm On May 03, 2013
Intelligence abegi... woman dey affect their kids pass the husband...
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Krasid(m): 5:13pm On May 03, 2013
i have to do an oliver twist here.i choose both because they work hand in hand.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tspun(m): 5:13pm On May 03, 2013
in as much as i like my lady to be intelegent i can not marry an atutu. Bcus my kids will not forgive me for their look.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tspun(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2013
tpia@:
I watched a show where a lady had this good friend ( male) and they really vibed together.

The lady was the bookish type, not extremely outgoing, but still had her friend circle, so to speak. Her closest friend was this guy mentioned earlier.

Now, for some reason, she went on this makeover show, and got transformed into this really hot girl with makeup, micro minis, hot pants, cleavage displaying and everything. Totally different from her normal appearance. The show was to help people in platonic relationships, decide if they wanted to take it to the next level with their friend. One person went through the makeover, the other person decided if they were ok with it.

Well, at the end of the day, she sprung her surprise on the male friend, but he decided he couldnt handle it and preferred her as she was before. Dont know if they continued as friends or if the whole thing was simply a script written for the camera.

However, even though her friend said he didnt like her new persona ( vixen), i did notice her black male friends ( she's black), were very supportive of her new video vixen look.

Not sure what that implies.
na waoo pple like story o
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tspun(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2013
tpia@:
I watched a show where a lady had this good friend ( male) and they really vibed together.

The lady was the bookish type, not extremely outgoing, but still had her friend circle, so to speak. Her closest friend was this guy mentioned earlier.

Now, for some reason, she went on this makeover show, and got transformed into this really hot girl with makeup, micro minis, hot pants, cleavage displaying and everything. Totally different from her normal appearance. The show was to help people in platonic relationships, decide if they wanted to take it to the next level with their friend. One person went through the makeover, the other person decided if they were ok with it.

Well, at the end of the day, she sprung her surprise on the male friend, but he decided he couldnt handle it and preferred her as she was before. Dont know if they continued as friends or if the whole thing was simply a script written for the camera.

However, even though her friend said he didnt like her new persona ( vixen), i did notice her black male friends ( she's black), were very supportive of her new video vixen look.

Not sure what that implies.
na waoo pple like story o

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by morenath(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2013
Both is necessary but intelligence is important
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 5:18pm On May 03, 2013
churific: What do you mean by "OR"?

I'm pretty sure it's "AND" for all men except for those who are mentally challenged or the ones that still have a bit of growing up to do.

i would have commented on the thread title but thanks for doing it instead.

sometimes i pity my keyboard because of this nairaland.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 5:20pm On May 03, 2013
tspun: na waoo pple like story o

true that, but you didnt have to quote the whole thing.

are you one of the "professional quoters" here?

ie the ones who can quote up to 100 lines then type a less than four word reply.

btw, you posted twice, do something about that if you feel like.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Les: 5:22pm On May 03, 2013
am taking extreme beauty we gode do me like yori yori...spiced With romantic and outstanding characters, fu.cccccck ur intelligence abi u wan use am outsmart me?? Atleast I have mine...
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by mikeapollo: 5:23pm On May 03, 2013
Beauty may attract me to a woman....but her Intelligence is more likely to make me stay with her.
Beauty without inteliligence could be embarrassing and frustrating

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Soso990240(m): 5:36pm On May 03, 2013
pleep: As the great African Scholar CameroonPride would say: "Une femme sans make-up est une femme sans un amouruex."

But i dont think you are right in saying men prefer beauty to intelligence. A decent man is looking for a combination of both... if you posses one but not the other well.....

isn't that what the make-up is for? grin

lwkmfh..guy man..u de wyne us wit fake french abi?
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by christokuty: 5:39pm On May 03, 2013
intelligence is far more than beauty,beauty fades away
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by nezpablo: 5:43pm On May 03, 2013
You are nt beautiful without being intelligent.For intelligence will preserve nd sustain your beauty. I mean it makes your beauty to glow.So,men always Bleep beautiful face and marry intelligent gal.However,beauty and intelligence will become pale if there is no good character to cement the two factors.Even intelligence is nt enough when there is no xter.Xter is nt enough if you lack relationship and marriage ettiquete and ethics like knowing how to cook,not being dirty.Attitude toward your (would-be)in-laws.Intelligence and beauty fails when the aforementioned virtues are missing

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 5:47pm On May 03, 2013
christokuty: intelligence is far more than beauty,beauty fades away
Truth
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 5:51pm On May 03, 2013
Soso990240: wowo group of companies..fine gals de wed evry saturday,u dey here de give ur fellow Weird Mc hope.
What is your own sef?
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by nwgoziri(m): 5:52pm On May 03, 2013
Who told u dat u r nt beautiful,d qtn is r u a wife material?4get ur pedigree because thy is notin special abt it,so character is al u nid.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by omarky(m): 5:58pm On May 03, 2013
Turbocharged: Are u trying to tell us dat u are naturally ugly, and its d makeup dat make you attractive?

Kai......... Bad mouth no go kill u
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by chic2pimp(m): 6:00pm On May 03, 2013
Mynd_44: Beauty will fail with age but intelligence will remain

Your head dey dia jare.

Slaving away whilst your wife sits on her behind all day long watching sky?..........Ain't nobody got time fo dat
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Soso990240(m): 6:01pm On May 03, 2013
strangest: Intelligence abegi... woman dey affect their kids pass the husband...
which kids? Kids wey go be like taye taiwo,taribo etc..if i marry d finest gal,i will send my kids 2 d best schools..ASAP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Woo Opposite Sex? / 'I'm So Proud Of My Breast' Slay Queen Shares Her Erotic Breast On Instagramlive / Is My Secretary Seducing Me? Your Advice Is Needed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.