Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? (26784 Views)

Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) / How Much Do You Value Your Girlfriend? / Men, Do You Value Inner Beauty? (Be Honest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by ndobobo: 6:04pm On May 03, 2013
ps how do u post post a quote with the light green background....jjc thanks in advance
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by mcfynest(m): 6:07pm On May 03, 2013
are u sure about ur gender? are u aure u av a phd? if yes phd in what? are u sure u av eva set ur foot outside ur region not to talk of nigeria. because even if u ugly pass iyabo obasanjo buh u get phd and u school for the best ijstitution in d states den guys go dey flock around u.....so know dis l- nairalanders dont just comment on a thread anyhow....we dont waste time

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 03, 2013
Blackteeth: Let me put it this way, If I am asked to choose between the ugliest woman in the world with super intelligence and a dumb extremely sexy beautiful woman, O boy, I go manage the dumb beautiful woman oh. Ugliness turns me off big time.
Bros I support u on one condition, this is becos [size=15pt]u can teach a dumb woman 2b intelligent[/size], but u [size=15pt]can't change d ugly looking woman.[/size]
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by iheneme(m): 6:14pm On May 03, 2013
Nobody has got it all. If your education is your forte, there's someone out there who is hunting for you irrespective of your looks. But frankly speaking, most men would prefer a melange of both qualities.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Xano(m): 6:14pm On May 03, 2013
Debra851: I am a woman with a Ph.D. from a top American university. People describe me as friendly but men do not look at me or ask me for dates unless I am wearing makeup. Without makeup I am plain looking. Only when I am dressed up and wearing makeup do men approach me for a date! I am still single because most of the time I look plain. Too bad men don't want a smart woman. So can I say that men prefer beauty to intelligence?

dear, i prefer intelligence. My advice, be you. Your man will come
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 6:18pm On May 03, 2013
what does the op mean by "dressed up" btw?

she ( or whoever the thread is about) might need to look at the types of men she gives audience to.

its like a man saying women only look at him when he's wearing singlet and sagging his trousers. And displaying his tattoos.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by gbame(m): 6:19pm On May 03, 2013
I value both.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by badmeat(m): 6:24pm On May 03, 2013
Heheheheh,beauty is in the eye of the beholder!nwo mmarumma,find ya speck!
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by iheneme(m): 6:24pm On May 03, 2013
ndobobo: ps how do u post post a quote with the light green background....jjc thanks in advance
Click on "quote" beneath the post, then type yours.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Fellonigerians: 6:26pm On May 03, 2013
It depends on the kind of guys you deal with actually...

and sometimes wht you wear grin... maxi gown of hot skirts...
the eyes have to eat first to make the mind and soul salivate and force the mouth to talk and the hands to make a move

Debra851: I am a woman with a Ph.D. from a top American university. People describe me as friendly but men do not look at me or ask me for dates unless I am wearing makeup. Without makeup I am plain looking. Only when I am dressed up and wearing makeup do men approach me for a date! I am still single because most of the time I look plain. Too bad men don't want a smart woman. So can I say that men prefer beauty to intelligence?
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Pennywise(m): 6:27pm On May 03, 2013
Intelligence can make an average looking girl appear very beautiful. A beautiful girl without intelligence is the ultimate bore and a relationship killer. But lets not forget that real intelligence has no absolutes. It is relative to that of the guy trying to make up his mind. grin

It is doubtful that a typical guy would go out looking to connect with a girl bc she has a great mind. Only girls do that kind of thing. We guys just want to get laid and that includes all the hypocrites.

So, I will say looks or beauty comes first. Those looking for a high IQ will not see it written on foreheads. They have to be be interested enough to want to mingle. Whether he stays after the act depends on her personality which is a function of intelligence by the way.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 03, 2013
Inteligence or Beauty is nothing but character reigns

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 6:30pm On May 03, 2013
Pennywise: We guys just want to get laid

correction:

Pennywise:
Guys like me just want to get laid

stop misleading people, thanks.

So, I will say looks or beauty comes first. Those looking for a high IQ will not see it written on foreheads. They have to be be interested enough to want to mingle. Whether he stays after the act depends on her personality which is a function of intelligence by the way.

what attracts a guy doesnt necessarily have to be physical beauty alone.

could also be specific features that wouldnt qualify as pretty per se.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by aijaydiva(f): 6:35pm On May 03, 2013
All these mehn that are forming they prefer intellingent women, i hope wen they bring okonjo iweala and kim kardashian u will choose the former. A combination of both is just perfect.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 6:39pm On May 03, 2013
apples and oranges, in what way are academia and entertainment the same?

you might be spending too much time in the club undecided

and which nollywood celebrity wouldnt willingly change places with any nigerian governor?
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 03, 2013
I have noticed this too the days I am properly packaged( with fake hair and things) I get more admirers but when I am less packaged not even a bus-conductor will say hi.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by slimyem: 6:46pm On May 03, 2013
Mynd_44:
Most men don't also think straight. Someone once said it has to do with a weak heart. Once the heart is weak, it pumps blood downwards instead of upwards
cool
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 6:46pm On May 03, 2013
spongeback: I have noticed this too the days I am properly packaged( with fake hair and things) I get more admirers but when I am less packaged not even a bus-conductor will say hi.

hmm, let me pity my keyboard and exit thread for now. undecided
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by jude33084(m): 6:46pm On May 03, 2013
Intelligence is the beauty I see in women wink

Not Mercy Johnson's type of shape undecided
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by slimyem: 6:51pm On May 03, 2013
Pennywise: Intelligence can make an average looking girl appear very beautiful. A beautiful girl without intelligence is the ultimate bore and a relationship killer. But lets not forget that real intelligence has no absolutes. It is relative to that of the guy trying to make up his mind. grin[b]
It is doubtful that a typical guy would go out looking to connect with a girl bc she has a great mind. Only girls do that kind of thing. We guys just want to get laid and that includes all the hypocrites.
[/b]
^the bolded!cool
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by cold(m): 6:59pm On May 03, 2013
There's a saying that 'women would rather have beauty than brains,because most men see better than they think'. Fact is,if you have the intelligence of Einstein & the looks of an ogre, you're at a serious disadvantage because nobody wants to identify with an atutupoyoyo. Nothing like beauty with brains,perfect combo!

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 03, 2013
Ma GF Gave me a reason to date her with her wits cool
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 03, 2013
pleep: One thing we have to remember here is that...the OP is not really talking about "intelligence" grin She is talking about a PHD. The two are not the same...

A PHD primarily means earning potential... and that is not something men care about when looking for a woman.

Gosh,ur intelligence must b below average,or how else will u say a woman wif a PHD is not intelligent......haba use ur brain
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by orgasticdance: 7:06pm On May 03, 2013
Few young men (who make up the bulk of n'lnd males) have had the luxury to make this choice so they won't know. But going by how old geezers and men who have power and fame roll, i'll say curvy sex dripping beauty takes it.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 7:08pm On May 03, 2013
cold: There's a saying that 'women would rather have beauty than brains,because most men see better than they think'. Fact is,if you have the intelligence of Einstein & the looks of an ogre, you're at a serious disadvantage because nobody wants to identify with an atutupoyoyo. Nothing like beauty with brains,perfect combo!

this doesnt explain why ugly women often get married more quickly than pretty ones?

eg in a situation where you have an intelligent ugly woman and an intelligent pretty woman, would you like to guess which of them will settle down faster.

might not always be the pretty woman, who is more likely to prefer "exploring her options" when it comes to men.

or who some men may feel riskier marrying.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Rick9(m): 7:09pm On May 03, 2013
70% Beauty, 30% Intelligence.

I can teach u intelligence, but cant make u beautiful.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by kayusbrown(m): 7:13pm On May 03, 2013
There is difference between being beautiful and being sexy. Many however confuse both. What constitutes beauty to me, may be different from yours but we'll agree if we see a sexy lady. To most men, what makes an ideal beautiful woman is a perfect combination of s.exual attractiveness, good character and intelligence. It's however unfortunate that many (consciously or unconsciously) still fall for extreme sexiness at the expense of good character and intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by OdionOdion: 7:15pm On May 03, 2013
Beauty+Intelligence-Character=0 Beauty+Intelligence+character=Marriage

4 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 7:22pm On May 03, 2013
spongeback: I have noticed this too the days I am properly packaged( with fake hair and things) I get more admirers but when I am less packaged not even a bus-conductor will say hi.
Post a pic. Let's judge cheesy
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by HARDDON: 7:25pm On May 03, 2013
OP is an education-made-bossy-type-of-woman-who-age-is-no-more-in-her-Favour . Confident woman With acutely set principles that ooze out through her aura. Stiff. Unyielding, wouldn't be surprised if she is still a virgin.

Good example of d saying : money can't get you all.

This has nothing to do with men liking beauty over brains.

It has all to do with your body Language OP.

Your unsaid yet loud signals .....

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by chikeorji123(m): 7:33pm On May 03, 2013
Intelligent + character is all l need from my woman if beauty added to it that's bonus.. cool cool cheesy
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by iv4real(f): 7:34pm On May 03, 2013
I am also studying for phd in Petroleum Engineering .I take very good care of myself, dress properly and look very good.I always see the surprise on peoples faces when i say i am a research student. I go to the gym. Just because you are intelligent does not mean you should look unattractive. I think what attracts the guy first is the beauty, then he approaches you and gets to know you better.I think men are attracted to intelligent women. Beauty + brains is a plus .Please do take care of your appearance.If you look very plain without makeup, then you can apply very minimal makeup. At the end of the day you won't hug your degree.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Woo Opposite Sex? / 'I'm So Proud Of My Breast' Slay Queen Shares Her Erotic Breast On Instagramlive / Is My Secretary Seducing Me? Your Advice Is Needed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.