Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? (26785 Views)

Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) / How Much Do You Value Your Girlfriend? / Men, Do You Value Inner Beauty? (Be Honest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 8:56am On May 04, 2013
kambo: as a man, theyre som conversations i cant engage in wit wmn cuz most ar just too shallow. It's very embarrassing watchg men, gettg into d thck of a conversation and d woman just keepn silent like chair cushions. Soon they hav 2 xcuse thmselves cuz theyve bcome non participatants. Screw looks, brains is byutifying anyday. Somebody is talkg of condoleeza rice vs kardashan. If diplomats, business men, accomplished folks pay u a visit , d pretty wife knows only about nigerian films, and brazillian hair and stuffs , but the other can make a mor impressive impression that makes d husband gain mor respect from his friends.. . These kind of women ar rare.
There is sense in your comment. How nice it is to get married to woman you share intellects with. You get together the more not only in bed but also in healthy discussions.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by trolling(m): 8:58am On May 04, 2013
pc guru:

Attraction does not necessary stem from Outward appearance, that's the misconception we Nigerians have,many factors contribute to attraction, Character can be one, I don't need to see one's beauty to be attracted. I know how many so called "cute girls" i don't feel attracted to, infact my biggest disappointment was a babe, she knew nothing about the news,her diction was poor and she just wasn't fun to discuss with unless it was Keeping with Kardashians or that gay channel (E News !). Imagine i bring a cute babe over to a family gathering(which are very notorious for political conservations) i wonder what the outcome might be. am not saying she has to be politically aware or extremely brilliant, but at least ; to be able to hold a good conversation and share ideas.
u see that one talk jare dats y i had to fashi one babe like dat
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 9:01am On May 04, 2013
nnenna.1:

Yes it does. Especially in America.
No it doesn't, not in the United States. It is only in Nigeria, though arguably, that people acquire certificate so as to get jobs. Even in the US people hardly go to universities. With your high school certificate, you can get a good job.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 9:07am On May 04, 2013
pc guru:

Attraction does not necessary stem from Outward appearance, that's the misconception we Nigerians have,many factors contribute to attraction, Character can be one, I don't need to see one's beauty to be attracted. I know how many so called "cute girls" i don't feel attracted to, infact my biggest disappointment was a babe, she knew nothing about the news,her diction was poor and she just wasn't fun to discuss with unless it was Keeping with Kardashians or that gay channel (E News !). Imagine i bring a cute babe over to a family gathering(which are very notorious for political conservations) i wonder what the outcome might be. am not saying she has to be politically aware or extremely brilliant, but at least ; to be able to hold a good conversation and share ideas.
Gbam! I tell people that since my girl possesses all I desire in my dream-wife, she is the most beautiful, even more than the current Miss World.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by PrettySpicey(f): 9:10am On May 04, 2013
My dear sister, my candid advice is make a little time for your daily make-up. Being an intelligent and well-educated woman am sure you don't abuse make-up. So find a little time to use it, enhance your already existing beauty and get you that worthy man.
And thereafter, continue the make-up ritual so as to keep him. It's one of those before, during n after thingy women must 4eva do.
Bottomline, DO THE NEEDFUL ... always.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by ChuckD2(m): 9:18am On May 04, 2013
Why do I have this feeling that you tend to wave this banner of "I'm so educated" in everyone's face? I don't think the problem is "how educated you are" or whether you're ugly either, it must certainly be something else that you're not telling. But I digress.

Personally, beauty and brains go hand-in-hand, stupidity puts me off quicker than you can say "Jack". A lady that takes care of herself well, is brilliant and has a good character is already beautiful so beauty has nothing to do with the makeups.

So, my advice to you, be friendly, don't put up some kind of judgemental attitude towards people, a lot of people are educated these days so when you meet someone, your level of education shouldn't be all you have to focus on else you'll look ridiculous, take care of yourself (paying attention to clothes and grooming). Show your brilliance, but not in an annoying manner ... That's pretty much it.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nuke: 9:19am On May 04, 2013
Debra851: I am a woman with a Ph.D. from a top American university. People describe me as friendly but men do not look at me or ask me for dates unless I am wearing makeup. Without makeup I am plain looking. Only when I am dressed up and wearing makeup do men approach me for a date! I am still single because most of the time I look plain. Too bad men don't want a smart woman. So can I say that men prefer beauty to intelligence?

It's simple, You don't dress like a single woman, you know most married women drop that very attracting dress style once they get married, If men don't come close enough, they can't know how intelligent you are. Besides, your Ph.D. sef dey intimidating for some men wey settle dem way thru naija schools. LOL. Intelligence without beauty is only good for long distance relationships. So Madam, you have the solution, buy plenty foundation and all the mac products at least till you sign the dotted lines...
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by SilentCrescendo: 9:31am On May 04, 2013
Verily I say to thee, beauty may fade over the years but intelligence standeth the test of time.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by ChuckD2(m): 9:45am On May 04, 2013
gbosaa:

God bless you..your head de there..

What the hell is phd when you dont have 'correct particulars'??

Gimme a trio of cossy orjiakor,tonto dike and yvonne okoro rolled into one..i,ll choose them to the trio of ngozi okonjo,oby ezekwesili and that iya akpati that was head of stock exchange..

A man needs an air head sexy biatch that will sh.ag the devil out of him till his legs wobble.

If you were wole tinubu,ifeanyi uba or that niger delta guy called emari iyayi,all you need is a dumb ssseeexxxyyy woman..succulent brez,amazing and knockout backyard and ice cream thighs..f**k phd.

mehn... Yooooou no weeeeeeellllllllll..... Hahahahahaha... Much as I'll want to disagree with you, I still see small sense in your post. Ah... That stock exchange woman can turn you to a limp noodle anyway. Kai! If me and her remain for this world and we have the chance to save our specie from extinction, mehn sorry of, I prefer we go extinct already. Kai mehn....!
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by mequz(m): 9:59am On May 04, 2013
upload ur picture first then i will coment,.,,
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tomber(m): 10:02am On May 04, 2013
Have everythin balanced out btw:
*intelligence, cos no man want a dull wif that that will kill every conversation. Well ; For *Beauty,beautyis in d eye of d beholder. Only do ur part by makin sure you are well kept and dress smart,not shabby, be moderate about ur makeup, beuty is not all about make up. infact, it might put some off. And beauty isnt d only attractn factr
*Character and the fear of God, no man wants a nagging, rude, proud and disrespectful wife. For men that fear God theyl also want a God fearing wife
Note. Your phD cud b a problm. Men dont usually want a wife of a higher status than they.already made women find it difficlt to get husbands dis days. So keep ur phD ego down as much as possible. Also men dont want wife that are far too intelligent than they are. who will counter them all d time and will always b correct.
Men want submissive wivs that are lovable while women want to be loved and secure. anythin that threatns that threatn a relationship as well threatns getting into a serious one like marriage
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 10:16am On May 04, 2013
pleep: One thing we have to remember here is that...the OP is not really talking about "intelligence" grin She is talking about a PHD. The two are not the same...

A PHD primarily means earning potential... and that is not something men care about when looking for a woman.

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Pelummy(f): 10:22am On May 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
They can remain single na
hmmm,i hop u dnt fall in that group that will remain single grin
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Pelummy(f): 10:25am On May 04, 2013
Neduzze5:

They can become Reverend Sisters!
shocked nt everybody is interested in that group
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Pelummy(f): 10:26am On May 04, 2013
babe_online:
ugly lipsrsealed men will marry ugly lipsrsealed ladies. Don't forget there are ugly lipsrsealed men out there too. grin grin grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tosynbaba(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2013
Every man dreams of having a woman with goodly brain, beauty and outstanding culinary skills. a combination of these makes men fall heads over heels
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tosynbaba(m): 10:29am On May 04, 2013
Every man dreams of having a woman with goodly brain, beauty and outstanding culinary skills. a combination of these topped up with humility makes men fall heads over heels.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nekkydeco(f): 10:38am On May 04, 2013
Men prefr intelligence 2 beauty...NO... D lyk d combination f d two ..bt u've 2 attract dm wit d beauty bcoz dy cnt knw u're intelligent witout being wit u..nd 4 dm 2 b wit u..it requires attraction .hardly do men go 4 ugly ladies nowadays..xo my dear "1st tin 1st" .attract dm nd dn shw dm u're intelligent
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Pelummy(f): 11:47am On May 04, 2013
trolling: phd is not intelligence and make-up is not beauty
over sabi dey worry u
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Dranatomy: 12:08pm On May 04, 2013
This lady was my one time lecturer in Medical school....The problem with her is her too much influence and affluence....even the fellow single lecturers are scare to approach her....She is by name Rosemary....travelled out last year for a scholarship overseas....Her problem is OVER-INFLUENCE!
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by josite: 12:17pm On May 04, 2013
beauty attracts most men to a woman and thereafter intelligence takes over and if she is foolish,the man moves on so there is a time for beaty and intelligence in dating.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 04, 2013
Can we please see a photo of you? So we can see why. I'm a fan of both beauty and intelligence
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by flyforall: 1:35pm On May 04, 2013
Intelligence is sexy while beauty is appealing so I'll say a little bit of both is what I value in my girl
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by paulemi(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2013
Debra851: I am a woman with a Ph.D. from a top American university. People describe me as friendly but men do not look at me or ask me for dates unless I am wearing makeup. Without makeup I am plain looking. Only when I am dressed up and wearing makeup do men approach me for a date! I am still single because most of the time I look plain. Too bad men don't want a smart woman. So can I say that men prefer beauty to intelligence?
i hate 2 sound ds way mammy, bt i gats talk am so all 'em girls can learn: the time u spent pursuing a phd in a "top American University" could have been used 2 focus & work on d relationships u had then, since u feel marriage is actually a thing 4 u. Now u'r advanced in age and highly educated & most men wnt ladies they can control. Beautiful or not, an intellient young lady is a turn on, a woman phd holder reminds me of my female professor lecturers....scarecrows. Sorry if dat sounds harsh. Learn girls.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by wiszyblinkz(m): 1:50pm On May 04, 2013
75 percent go 4 intelligent ,25 beauty
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 1:55pm On May 04, 2013
Paulemi

Well, its too late now for recriminations although you speak the truth.

Getting a phd overseas is relatively easier than getting one in nigeria, thats why you see so many ladies abroad with phd.

People have to start figuring out how to help these ladies get partners, since they cant just throw away their qualifications which they worked hard to get. Besides, sometimes it might have something to do with visa issues, although not always.

In the past, wonen usually got their phds after marriage, now , they get it before marriage. Society hasnt yet quite caught up with this trend.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by paulemi(m): 3:25pm On May 04, 2013
tpia@
k. I'l buy dat....well, part of it, & leave 1 tiny little part 4 u.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Dahmum(f): 5:47pm On May 04, 2013
@paulemi. Abeg,tell dem oo.let our ladies know dat u can't eat your cake,n v it. @Op may advice is dat u should just relax n b yourself,n dont be a workaholic again i know your own man is around d'coner wink
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by InvertedHammer: 5:53pm On May 04, 2013
Our Nigeria female intelligentsia is not helping matters at all.

I bet you if enter any room with Oby Ezekwesili, Dora NAFDAC, Condoleeza Rice and Okonjo Iweala and their likes (except Mrs Odua Aviation) you may mistake them for militant feminists having a brunch.

All that low cut hairstyle.

I think female Ph.D holders take pride in looking as unsexy as one can possibly get.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 04, 2013
sexkillz: Mbuk, nyem the two both of them biko.
funnnnnnny
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:46pm On May 04, 2013
pc guru:

Then I guess you an exception.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Woo Opposite Sex? / 'I'm So Proud Of My Breast' Slay Queen Shares Her Erotic Breast On Instagramlive / Is My Secretary Seducing Me? Your Advice Is Needed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.