Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? (26814 Views)

Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) / How Much Do You Value Your Girlfriend? / Men, Do You Value Inner Beauty? (Be Honest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:33pm On May 03, 2013
esere826: @OP
A quite 'normal looking' Phd gal was trying to cossy up to me once
I held her palm in mine
it was extremely coarse against mine
wen i imagine her hand ontop of my gentlman

no one told me to pick race

Looooool cheesy I can imagine
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 03, 2013
Amaaskia:

Not all beauties fade...
Some1 lyk my Ama here will make a gud wife cos she possesses both trait. tongue

But Op I ve another trait I will lyk 2 add it is infact the most important. The Act of Kamasutra grin grin
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by baoken2003: 9:39pm On May 03, 2013
Its not all about the Ph.D, I will rather go for a woman who is beautiful without a Ph.D but has good character, Check ur character and attitude. May be u think you have it all and wants to control d men. Men no dey like such things. Ph.D na just paper, them no dey use am for relationship. Anyway put ur trust in God.. He will see u thru.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by afosdan: 9:40pm On May 03, 2013
I prefer intelligent cos can fade,cos intelligent go a long way.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:44pm On May 03, 2013
I prefer a balance. But if I am to choose just one I will go for beauty. I want my want eyes to always have an intelligent conversation whenever I come back home. Plus I can make her intelligent to some extent by grooming her. But I can"t make an ugly woman beautiful.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Afam4eva(m): 9:45pm On May 03, 2013
Like someone said, beauty attracts a man while intelligence keeps him. The thing about intelligence is that when you meet someone that's intelligent, even if the person is ugly, you'll start seeing the person in a different light. You might even start arguing that the person is finer than Agbani Darego. I remember one girl that the first time i saw her, i was like WTF. You sure look ugly(i said it in my mind). The moment i started interacting with these lady after some months or years, when people say she's ugly, i'll start defending her, telling them that she's fine. It's the intelligence that charmed me. That's why now, i run away from ugly people in order not to be charmed. In a much as i like intelligent ladies, you have to be average looking at least for me to consider you.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by LOL247(f): 9:56pm On May 03, 2013
In summary:

Kim Kardashian vs Okonjo Iweala
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by passionate88: 9:57pm On May 03, 2013
Ola Johnson: Inasmuch as we men desire intelligence, let's not forget that a lady having a degree doesn't translate to intelligence. Remember ESUT four.
ah. The famous esut four corpers. No b lie u talk my brother. Some degrees no mean say d person dey intelligent.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by dulphines: 10:09pm On May 03, 2013
50calibre: Men prefer beauty for fu*k, brains for marriage. No body wants low IQ kids these days.

And neither do they want ugly kids. Choose one.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Costa2000(m): 10:17pm On May 03, 2013
Intelligence
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by roybassey(m): 10:19pm On May 03, 2013
Anything is achievable.a man like myself prefers a woman with balanced qualities.with that I mean beauty n intelligence.so if you r just intelligent you can use artificial means 2 add beauty 2 yourself.exercise properly cps men like a woman who is fit.use a skin lightening cream.wear a smile always.dress colourful.keep yourself happy cos it attracts people 2 you n pray too.you will attract men
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by frank317: 10:23pm On May 03, 2013
well men can't see intelligence, what do u xpect? we like intelligence but we can't see it. men like what they can see.

that is why most of s marry pretty dumb women (especially the tall ones, so dumb)
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Otunbakay(m): 10:24pm On May 03, 2013
vivalableue: @OP I don't know what to say. Men are just complicated beings. I myself always get more numbers when am wearing no makeup sweat pants etc, but my thing is that I look very sad and maybe these guys are trying to take advantage of me?

When I am dressed up all the white boys go after me like bread on butter and the black guys get more aggressive in their approaches. My conclusion, you want a man who loves to see you look good, and loves your intelligence too. Don't forget, book smart doesn't necessarily mean street smart too o. Maybe you excel in an academic or business environment, but lack in other equally important ones. Sometimes people who spend a lot of time in academia tend to be socially awkward. Men don't want to approach a lady who doesn't know how to relax and enjoy herself or can't hold up a solid conversation on what seems like invaluable subjects (i.e. football, politics, F1, etc). Do have a lot of friends who can hook you up with someone? If the answer is no, then go out and make new girlfriends who will take you shopping and have dinner or something like that. Its the best way to find out a)if you can gist with people other than professors and the like, b)if they have any handsome, single friends and c) the competition because hey its a battle out there!

Good Luck
Sweeryy! Tanks 4 been very objective in ur comment. As is commonly said ( informal) you make brain!
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by fflamingo(m): 10:36pm On May 03, 2013
One thing we refuse to put in notice is sacrifice ...perharbs she had forgone beauty on the expense of reading. Beside when I mean intelligence is when she knw the difference btw right and left....What am gonna care is intelligence

What about if she posses the two and she doesn't have common sense
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Youngpo413: 10:39pm On May 03, 2013
pleep: ^ is that annang/ibibio or efik?

Imagine... sexkills is from a civilized tribe undecided

That is ibibio,original one.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 03, 2013
Debra851: I am a woman with a Ph.D. from a top American university. People describe me as friendly but men do not look at me or ask me for dates unless I am wearing makeup. Without makeup I am plain looking. Only when I am dressed up and wearing makeup do men approach me for a date! I am still single because most of the time I look plain. Too bad men don't want a smart woman. So can I say that men prefer beauty to intelligence?

You may think that men don't flock to you because you are plain looking. However, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and it is probably a misconception for you to think that your lack of beauty is your problem. You may have other issues like being stuck up because you have a PHD that you neglect to let good men get to know you. Change you attitude and you may improve your chances with the opposite sex. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 03, 2013
I value beauty when combined with intelligence.

I cant be with a woman whose IQ is low. I would rather be alone because my life will be like hell..

Am serious about it. Understanding makes company blissfull.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Donmichaelz(m): 10:50pm On May 03, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]As The C.E.O, GM, Of Nairaland commitee of operation "CLOSE MUMU THREAD" forum...i Declare these thread Closed...

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Donmichaelz(m): 10:51pm On May 03, 2013
BOSSAs The C.E.O, GM, Of Nairaland commitee of operation "CLOSE MUMU THREAD" forum...i Declare these thread Closed...

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by chibaby3: 11:13pm On May 03, 2013
p.hd is not intelligent and make up is not beauty

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by gsalvatore: 11:21pm On May 03, 2013
The Op has a Phd is quite different from being Intelligent, I think she is brilliant,has good earning potentials like the other dude said but not necessarily intelligent or even Common Sense..
If you are intelligent you did get almost any man you want and keep him #fact.

I maybe wrong sha but Peeps like the Op go get attitude problem, she might not even know when a dude is throwing a pass at her(she probably been Studying all her life),she might not even know what she wants at same time she wants it Badly.

Phd is not written on your face and don't let it Blind you.

You need RePACKAGE yourself make you look SHARP. Men love SHARP, I love Sharp too and what the Eyes sees,the Mind believe...

I love intelligent/brillant ladies, but believe me,these days most ladies are sharp/beautiful while the intelligent ones are now endangered Species, I mean you can't have a good conversation with them,all they think is Money,Activity, S*x and More Money,(maybe its a function of my present environment)

Everything na Package!!
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Peterpan1(m): 11:27pm On May 03, 2013
As for me oo. I want not prefer, the combination of both.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by CARTOONKWEEN(f): 11:40pm On May 03, 2013
Beauty attracts d men...but oda elements includin intelligence kips d guy clued 2 a lady. Besyds...different strokes 4 differnt folks.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 03, 2013
ighoosagie:
Bros I support u on one condition, this is becos [size=15pt]u can teach a dumb woman 2b intelligent[/size], but u [size=15pt]can't change d ugly looking woman.[/size]
you can make an ugly woman become beautiful with little or much surgery(Depending on how severe the ugliness is...lol) but to make a dull woman become intelligent, man that would take a lot of hard work and dedication.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 03, 2013
Pelummy: if all men insist on both,who will marry d ugly ones?
ugly lipsrsealed men will marry ugly lipsrsealed ladies. Don't forget there are ugly lipsrsealed men out there too. grin grin grin
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by trolling(m): 11:57pm On May 03, 2013
As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion Pro 11:22 you gat to have both but i prefer discretion and character over beauty....beauty is vain
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by trolling(m): 12:05am On May 04, 2013
Pennywise: Intelligence can make an average looking girl appear very beautiful. A beautiful girl without intelligence is the ultimate bore and a relationship killer. But lets not forget that real intelligence has no absolutes. It is relative to that of the guy trying to make up his mind. grin

It is doubtful that a typical guy would go out looking to connect with a girl bc she has a great mind. Only girls do that kind of thing. We guys just want to get laid and that includes all the hypocrites.

So, I will say looks or beauty comes first. Those looking for a high IQ will not see it written on foreheads. They have to be be interested enough to want to mingle. Whether he stays after the act depends on her personality which is a function of intelligence by the way.
true dat...intelligent communications holds a relationship,men! that girl bore me because she wasnt just versatile,i need an all-rounder woman,who can hold conversations on everything not just yeye romantic topics
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Chibest2000(m): 12:06am On May 04, 2013
pleep: One thing we have to remember here is that...the OP is not really talking about "intelligence" grin She is talking about a PHD. The two are not the same...

A PHD primarily means earning potential... and that is not something men care about when looking for a woman.

oh she own phd! lyly na u go sofa, hw do u expect a bsc or master holda 2 com 4 u. Generally, men prefer a womam less educated dan dem.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by sinmisolaoluwa: 12:22am On May 04, 2013
As
for me,i will neida go for the both. reason is dt a lady coupled wt the
fear of God is what i craved for...not beauty and intelligence. a lady
may be intelligent and neva make a good wife,such will giv her hubby a
problem, and also i can't go for beauty cos it will soon fade. bt a
woman dt fears d Lord,shall be praised.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by trolling(m): 12:26am On May 04, 2013
[quote author=baoken2003]Its not all about the Ph.D, I will rather go for a woman who is beautiful without a Ph.D but has good character, Check ur character and attitude. May be u think you have it all and wants to control d men. Men no dey like such things. Ph.D na just paper, them no dey use am for relationship. Anyway put ur trust in God.. He will see u thru. [/quote nice one
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by trolling(m): 12:31am On May 04, 2013
omonuan:

You may think that men don't flock to you because you are plain looking. However, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and it is probably a misconception for you to think that your lack of beauty is your problem. You may have other issues like being stuck up because you have a PHD that you neglect to let good men get to know you. Change you attitude and you may improve your chances with the opposite sex. Good luck!
that their supposed degrees puff them up
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by trolling(m): 12:35am On May 04, 2013
chibaby3: p.hd is not intelligent and make up is not beauty
phd is not intelligence and make-up is not beauty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have You Ever Loved Someone Without Being Loved In Return? / How Loan Apps Have Ruined My Life / Ladies! This Is Why You Dont Wear Pants To Bed (see Story + Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.