Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,551 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? (26781 Views)

Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) / How Much Do You Value Your Girlfriend? / Men, Do You Value Inner Beauty? (Be Honest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by kambo(m): 12:46am On May 04, 2013
as a man, theyre som conversations i cant engage in wit wmn cuz most ar just too shallow. It's very embarrassing watchg men, gettg into d thck of a conversation and d woman just keepn silent like chair cushions. Soon they hav 2 xcuse thmselves cuz theyve bcome non participatants. Screw looks, brains is byutifying anyday. Somebody is talkg of condoleeza rice vs kardashan. If diplomats, business men, accomplished folks pay u a visit , d pretty wife knows only about nigerian films, and brazillian hair and stuffs , but the other can make a mor impressive impression that makes d husband gain mor respect from his friends.. . These kind of women ar rare.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by davidugotex(m): 12:55am On May 04, 2013
For me it's beauty and brain all the way, and to crown it all, the individual must have good character.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 1:26am On May 04, 2013
Men value both but place beauty higher up the scale.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by DonaldGenes(m): 1:36am On May 04, 2013
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh>>>>>>>>>>>>>yawning<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
beqin spread leq<<<<<<<<<<
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by jerryben12: 2:02am On May 04, 2013
Debra851: I am a woman with a Ph.D. from a top American university. People describe me as friendly but men do not look at me or ask me for dates unless I am wearing makeup. Without makeup I am plain looking. Only when I am dressed up and wearing makeup do men approach me for a date! I am still single because most of the time I look plain. Too bad men don't want a smart woman. So can I say that men prefer beauty to intelligence?

PhD does not equate to intelligence.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by mrperfect(m): 2:20am On May 04, 2013
Both are fine.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 2:27am On May 04, 2013
jerryben12:

PhD does not equate to intelligence.

Yes it does. Especially in America.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by dammie86: 3:52am On May 04, 2013
Well u won't know how intelligent a lady is until u get close! Now beauty is wat attracts.....makeup if u ve to and den pple would appreciate ur intelligence afta meeting u
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by InvertedHammer: 4:11am On May 04, 2013

More important than intelligence is someone who will help you maintain erect!on.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 4:21am On May 04, 2013
I Won't necessary say beauty and intelligence,for instance my gf isn't Miss World or anything but its the small things, her sense of humour,the way she laughs and also her character, yes beauty isn't bad but one thing we should remember is that beauty fads and as for intelligence, I would be proud of a partner that possesses adequate knowledge because personally i like people who are just smart. Now back to OP, i think you should be glad that people are not asking you for dates based on beauty,because that would just make you insecure and having to keep up some such just to maintain such relationship. trust me there's gonna be a guy who's going to be crazy over you just the way you are. wink also PH.D (mehn you people dey try, still thinking to get one or not undecided)
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Ninilowo(m): 6:02am On May 04, 2013
Its not your apperance that is keeping men off but your paper I swear! If a young lady has that kind of certificate I bet it in every conversation she makes, she ll like to make people know that she is well read and that keeps guys away from you cos no guy will like to marry a lady he can't control.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by try69: 6:16am On May 04, 2013
Op:
Being sexy or classy has nothing to do with beauty.. The way you carry urself matter a lot. I personally don't get down with beautiful ladies who
are not smart except for a lil som som and the subsequent dump grin grin grin

These days a combination of both is rare amongst ladies cos the beautiful ones are easily lured into the fast life after which they dump the real intelligence gathering ish..

There is this lady in my place of work, so beautiful infact a goddess and at the same time manager of a unit already..She is 35 and without a hubby. Maybe men are jus scared to approach her or somtin.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by macEDWIN(m): 6:38am On May 04, 2013
Definitly sometin must caught d attention of a man 2 a woman & what is dat 2 certain degree of beauty but d most important tin r God fearing woman & 'gud xcter' b4 anyother tin where intelligent spices it. Cos 1 can't b inteligent bt dn't hv gud home brought up & also can't b beautiful yet zero in xcter bt some can b faithful ie fears God bt very very lizy. I blv 2 me it shld b a mix up of dis qualities up2 60-70% i blv dat woman can make a gud home.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:57am On May 04, 2013
The truth is, before a man gets to know how intelligent you are, he first sees beauty. Except you both meeting in a different situation (Professional conference and all that) so if he isn't attracted to you, then he'll never know how intelligent you are.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by kenny987(f): 6:59am On May 04, 2013
Going by some responses I have seen and the construction of sentences/spelling of words especially from the menfolk to whom the OP directed the question posed in this thread, I wonder whether a new thread shouldn't be opened telling women to watch out for the kind of comportment including grammar, that some 'men' have and practise before deciding whom to hook up with. Men, before you start making 'choices' of beauty over brains and vice versa or the combination of both, you should look inwards and ask yourself, "Am I fit to even choose"?

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:06am On May 04, 2013
pleep: ^ we are talking about men here grin most guys dont think like that.

whats an asset to an actual a$$?

God bless you..your head de there..

What the hell is phd when you dont have 'correct particulars'??

Gimme a trio of cossy orjiakor,tonto dike and yvonne okoro rolled into one..i,ll choose them to the trio of ngozi okonjo,oby ezekwesili and that iya akpati that was head of stock exchange..

A man needs an air head sexy biatch that will sh.ag the devil out of him till his legs wobble.

If you were wole tinubu,ifeanyi uba or that niger delta guy called emari iyayi,all you need is a dumb ssseeexxxyyy woman..succulent brez,amazing and knockout backyard and ice cream thighs..f**k phd.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:13am On May 04, 2013
kambo: as a man, theyre som conversations i cant engage in wit wmn cuz most ar just too shallow. It's very embarrassing watchg men, gettg into d thck of a conversation and d woman just keepn silent like chair cushions. Soon they hav 2 xcuse thmselves cuz theyve bcome non participatants. Screw looks, brains is byutifying anyday. Somebody is talkg of condoleeza rice vs kardashan. If diplomats, business men, accomplished folks pay u a visit , d pretty wife knows only about nigerian films, and brazillian hair and stuffs , but the other can make a mor impressive impression that makes d husband gain mor respect from his friends.. . These kind of women ar rare.
Gbam some babes i can't invite over, even my gf ,i dey push am to watch news and read more books. Because despite the nature of conservation i know enough to contribute be it business,IT,politics.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:14am On May 04, 2013
gbosaa:

God bless you..your head de there..

What the hell is phd when you dont have 'correct particulars'??

Gimme a trio of cossy orjiakor,tonto dike and yvonne okoro rolled into one..i,ll choose them to the trio of ngozi okonjo,oby ezekwesili and that iya akpati that was head of stock exchange..

A man needs an air head sexy biatch that will sh.ag the devil out of him till his legs wobble.

If you were wole tinubu,ifeanyi uba or that niger delta guy called emari iyayi,all you need is a dumb ssseeexxxyyy woman..succulent brez,amazing and knockout backyard and ice cream thighs..f**k phd.
Hmmmmm interesting, in other words you prefer a random babe. mehn that's classless, but since its sex its justified for you. Carry on sir u dey kampe
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by nenergy(m): 7:23am On May 04, 2013
I can't speak for 'men'. Beauty transcend the superficial,and i believe every woman has beauty inside. So i'll choose a smart woman anytime and everytime. Makeup only highlights what you already have,so please don't 'glorify' cosmetics.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:24am On May 04, 2013
pc guru:
Hmmmmm interesting, in other words you prefer a random babe. mehn that's classless, but since its sex its justified for you. Carry on sir u dey kampe

Thank you sir..

Btw..i know two women whose names are doris.one is in Enugu so i savef her name as EnD..The other is in port harcourt and i saved her name as PhD..

The one in ph is the only PhD i,ll recommend to any man.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:25am On May 04, 2013
ThoniaSlim: The truth is, before a man gets to know how intelligent you are, he first sees beauty. Except you both meeting in a different situation (Professional conference and all that) so if he isn't attracted to you, then he'll never know how intelligent you are.

Attraction does not necessary stem from Outward appearance, that's the misconception we Nigerians have,many factors contribute to attraction, Character can be one, I don't need to see one's beauty to be attracted. I know how many so called "cute girls" i don't feel attracted to, infact my biggest disappointment was a babe, she knew nothing about the news,her diction was poor and she just wasn't fun to discuss with unless it was Keeping with Kardashians or that gay channel (E News !). Imagine i bring a cute babe over to a family gathering(which are very notorious for political conservations) i wonder what the outcome might be. am not saying she has to be politically aware or extremely brilliant, but at least ; to be able to hold a good conversation and share ideas.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Parnassuss(m): 7:26am On May 04, 2013
Simple case of geography, if you were in my locale ur mailbox would be overflowing with suitors
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:27am On May 04, 2013
gbosaa:

Thank you sir..

Btw..i know two women whose names are doris.one is in Enugu so i savef her name as EnD..The other is in port harcourt and i saved her name as PhD..

The one in ph is the only PhD i,ll recommend to any man.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:30am On May 04, 2013
baoken2003: Its not all about the Ph.D, I will rather go for a woman who is beautiful without a Ph.D but has good character, Check ur character and attitude. May be u think you have it all and wants to control d men. Men no dey like such things. Ph.D na just paper, them no dey use am for relationship. Anyway put ur trust in God.. He will see u thru.
sometimes i wonder if people understand the topic, the PHD is a context for higher learning, or the fact that she is quite educated. she's implying that people often show interest despite the fact that she is smart until she does her make-up. so your comment doesn't really apply. read and get the context.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:40am On May 04, 2013
pc guru:

What you need sir is a woman that is 'well loaded' except upstairs..quit the rhetorics abeg..

You need an Ibinabo Fiberesina or our own nl onila is cool to some double lens wearing walking encyclopedia..

You need a woman who thinks wole soyinka is the best nollywood actor or that minna is the title of tu faces latest album.

If she is bbeeaauuttiiffuullllll and got some fireworks,....go to the nearest church and offer a fat Thankgiving.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:44am On May 04, 2013
gbosaa:

What you need sir is a woman that is 'well loaded' except upstairs..quit the rhetorics abeg..

You need an Ibinabo Fiberesina or our own nl onila is cool to some double lens wearing walking encyclopedia..

You need a woman who thinks wole soyinka is the best nollywood actor or that minna is the title of tu faces latest album.

If she is bbeeaauuttiiffuullllll and got some fireworks,....go to the nearest church and offer a fat Thankgiving.

Sadly am not the same as you, if it were sex Intelligence won't matter to me, but since its not i don't need a random babe that has no value apart from sleeping around. like I said its all about preference, that's what suits you.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:45am On May 04, 2013
pc guru:
sometimes i wonder if people understand the topic, the PHD is a context for higher learning, or the fact that she is quite educated. she's implying that people often show interest despite the fact that she is smart until she does her make-up. so your comment doesn't really apply. read and get the context.

Oga you seem to be taking this thread too serious.im sure the op has seen and extracted some useful info from the various inputs here.

BTW...i,ll go for Ph.D if she studied and got it from Kamasutra.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:48am On May 04, 2013
gbosaa:

Oga you seem to be taking this thread too serious.im sure the op has seen and extracted some useful info from the various inputs here.

BTW...i,ll go for Ph.D if she studied and got it from Kamasutra.
No mind me na the report wey i dey write oh, i don enter serious mode forget say na NL i dey. obviously who no go like PHD babes,i just dey write like this so pple go dey think say this pc guru na smart guy. all na scam wink
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:03am On May 04, 2013
I prefer brains and Xter. Afterall most brains are lost in the Vanity of beauty.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by ziley: 8:12am On May 04, 2013
The answer is simple: Men value both beauty n intelligence. Pls visit Doctors @ 90210.com Dats all wink.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by igbokwesampson(m): 8:16am On May 04, 2013
I think dis gat to do wit individuals while some prefer both others beauty and some intelligence, fo r me ß♡ŦĤ ΛŔƐ √ĪŦΛĿ ƐSṖƐƇĪΛĿĿY ĪИŦƐĿĿĪƓƐИƇƐ

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Soso990240(m): 8:55am On May 04, 2013
Ola Johnson: Inasmuch as we men desire intelligence, let's not forget that a lady having a degree doesn't translate to intelligence. Remember ESUT four.
ur daddy..wetin bring Esut come dis topic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Woo Opposite Sex? / Is My Secretary Seducing Me? Your Advice Is Needed? / Ladies! This Is Why You Dont Wear Pants To Bed (see Story + Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.