Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828917 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by alexito48201: 6:19am On Jun 05, 2013
I am a production eng but my wife a chemical eng. She was the principal applicant. she had 19/24 as her language score and under adaptability she scored another 5 by virtue of my ielts score. Hope this answered yr question. other points are education 21, age 12, work expereince 13, language 19, adatabilty 5
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 8:51am On Jun 05, 2013
alexito48201: I am a production eng but my wife a chemical eng. She was the principal applicant. she had 19/24 as her language score and under adaptability she scored another 5 by virtue of my ielts score. Hope this answered yr question. other points are education 21, age 12, work expereince 13, language 19, adatabilty 5
Clearly!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
Saw this on one of those other timelines for FSW 2013. Thought it was pretty hilarious(and I hope its so not true grin)and decided to show it here. A bit of comic relief to keep us going.lol
Keep on the faith mates

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mclarry(m): 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
LadyGuinivere: Saw this on one of those other timelines for FSW 2013. Thought it was pretty hilarious(and I hope its so not true grin)and decided to show it here. A bit of comic relief to keep us going.lol
Keep on the faith mates

Peeps like Vanessa should be learning from these experiences.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
Update: so apparently CIC has started replying or should I say sendin bad news. Some chic 'Marta' that submitted on the 5th had her forms returned cos she used the old forms(the pre May 4th forms)Saw this on some canadavisa timeline online.
Am not tech-savy else I would have attached the link so I'll just copy and paste
"Hi ,
I got the news from cic, I'm out. I need to submit new form schedule 3.  Everything else seems to be fine just this. So good luck to all of you.
Marta"
So that's it! Fingers crossed more!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bussyme(m): 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
LadyGuinivere: Update: so apparently CIC has started replying or should I say sendin bad news. Some chic 'Marta' that submitted on the 5th had her forms returned cos she used the old forms(the pre May 4th forms)Saw this on some canadavisa timeline online.
Am not tech-savy else I would have attached the link so I'll just copy and paste
"Hi ,
I got the news from cic, I'm out. I need to submit new form schedule 3.  Everything else seems to be fine just this. So good luck to all of you.
Marta"
So that's it! Fingers crossed more!
cic has started again,they are just using one reason to reject applications.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bussyme: cic has started again,they are just using one reason to reject applications.

just follow simple instructions and you would not be used as a scape goat lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:18am On Jun 08, 2013
pauloman:

just follow simple instructions and you would not be used as a scape goat lol

What many people don't know is CIC will be very strict with conformity to the rules. You follow the instructions then you are home and dry,you refuse to adhere and you face the music.

The checklist as well as seeking info from a forum like this before sending application will be helpful.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2013
solomonwis:

What many people don't know is CIC will be very strict with conformity to the rules. You follow the instructions then you are home and dry,you refuse to adhere and you face the music.

The checklist as well as seeking info from a forum like this before sending application will be helpful.
Well, not like she didn't follow d rules or belong to a forum. She downloaded d form early 4th morning whereas the forms were edited in the afternoon. The CIC site said forms wud be changed on d 4th so I don't blame her.
It was a sad errorn which humans unfortunately are prone to.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Well, not like she didn't follow d rules or belong to a forum. She downloaded d form early 4th morning whereas the forms were edited in the afternoon. The CIC site said forms wud be changed on d 4th so I don't blame her.
It was a sad errorn which humans unfortunately are prone to.

CIC don't change the rules overnight. They've given ntice they were going to change some of the application forms.

So she was partly to be blamed for “hastily” sending her application without taking cognisance of the changes which have been announced.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bussyme(m): 3:50am On Jun 09, 2013
Hello, how can someone ARRANGE EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA and the require documents is send to the person in nigeria?.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:37am On Jun 09, 2013
Bussyme: Hello, how can someone ARRANGE EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA and the require documents is send to the person in nigeria?.

The first thing is to look for a company requiring the skills that you possess. The company will process the necessary papers for you and send you the offer of employment along with a positive Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC. You can use this to support your FSWP application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by alexito48201: 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
I have submitted my application on the 4th of june. It will arrive sydney on the 11th of june 2013. My bank statement was 6 month bank statement. Hope that wont be a problem?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
alexito48201: I have submitted my application on the 4th of june. It will arrive sydney on the 11th of june 2013. My bank statement was 6 month bank statement. Hope that wont be a problem?

As long as you have the required fund showing as balance in the 6 month statement,you won't have any problem....Wish you the best!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 8:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
solomonwis:

Mr slow poke,this is not a place for you. Go to oyingbo market,your victims are waiting on the slaughter slab.
grin grin grin Good One.
Alexizto , (or any other applicant or would be applicant) do not fall mugu to any fraudster out there. U have sent in ur application, so what can he possibly do for u again?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
OMG! U had a marketing speech all typed up and waiting.
Correct me if am wrong. Once u get ur AOR, u can actually track your file right?
If there is undue delay , you can also send mails to CIC , right?
So if I understand U correctly, all U'l catergorically do is PREDICT what the problem may or may not be?
Hmmmmmm!
Then I looked up ur big grammer online and I see the service exists where u can get access to ur file. And U can also apply for it through a relative in Canada. Thanks for the heads up mate, will look into that since I have family in canada
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by FastTracker: 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
wink
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by justwise(m): 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
@FastTracker

Please enough of this.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by uchechuwku: 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
justwise: @FastTracker

Please enough of this.

Bros, why yu dey hide ma post nah.

Na so yu hide am for morning. I no talk.

E dey pain me ooo.
My fone keypad Hard. To type na war.
Yu con hide am? Chai!!!!!!
I was only pointing out why CAIPS (fast tracker's services) wasn't needed
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by justwise(m): 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
uchechuwku:

Bros, why yu dey hide ma post nah.

Na so yu hide am for morning. I no talk.

E dey pain me ooo.
My fone keypad Hard. To type na war.
Yu con hide am? Chai!!!!!!
I was only pointing out why CAIPS (fast tracker's services) wasn't needed

Dragging it will derail this thread
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by uchechuwku: 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
justwise:

Dragging it will derail this thread
K
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by FastTracker: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
CIC Immigration Changes to Foreign Skilled Worker Class Point System

CIC Immigration has proposed a new plan where skilled workers could apply to Canada under one of three federal classes. One of which is called the Foreign Skilled Worker Class. This class existed previously, however changes have been made to the score system.

CIC Immigration Points System for the FSWC Program

The FSWC program will continue to use points to assess eligibility and the pass mark will remain 67 points. There will be changes to how points are awarded and to the requirements:

(1) Language proficiency (up to 24 points for first language and up to 4 points for the second official language): CIC proposes “(1) requiring minimum language abilities in order to qualify for the program; and (2) significantly increasing the maximum points awarded for fluency in one official language from 16 points to 24 points.”

(2) Arranged Employment (Up to 15 points): Eliminating the arranged employment opinion (AEO) and replacing it with the LMO is intended to reduce the burden on employers in the event the worker seeks to apply for permanent residence concurrently with a temporary work permit application. ”FSWC applicants with a positive or neutral LMO from HRSDC could be awarded up to 15 points on the selection grid.”

(3) “The number of points for the second official language would be reduced from 8 points to 4 points”

(4) Age (Up to 12 points) ”The revised selection grid would favour younger immigrants by awarding a maximum of 12 points for applicants aged 18 to 35, compared to applicants aged 21 to 49 who receive maximum points for age under the current grid, with diminishing points awarded until age 46. With the proposed changes, no age points would be awarded after age 46; however, workers aged 47 or older would continue to be eligible for the program.”

(5) Work experience “CIC Immigration is proposing to reduce the total number of points for work experience from 21 to 15, and increase the years of experience required to achieve full points, from four years to six.”

(6) Education (UP TO 15 POINTS) The new FSWC program would require a foreign educational credential assessment. Designated organizations would work on a case-by-case basis to authenticate credentials obtained in foreign jurisdictions and determine their equivalent value in Canada. This measure would allow CIC to benefit from a better assessment of the quality of a foreign educational credential.

(7) *Adaptability [up to 10 points] Up to 10 adaptability points would continue to be awarded, with changes to how they are accrued:

- “The maximum number of points (10) would be awarded if the principal applicant (PA) has qualifying previous work experience in Canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by uchechuwku: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
FastTracker: CIC Immigration Changes to Foreign Skilled Worker Class Point System

Stale news
grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sonet: 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
[quote author=FastTracker]CIC Immigration Changes to Foreign Skilled Worker Class Point System

CIC Immigration has proposed a new plan where skilled workers could apply to Canada under one of three federal classes. One of which is called the Foreign Skilled Worker Class. This class existed previously, however changes have been made to the score system.

CIC Immigration Points System for the FSWC Program

The FSWC program will continue to use points to assess eligibility and the pass mark will remain 67 points. There will be changes to how points are awarded and to the requirements:

(1) Language proficiency (up to 24 points for first language and up to 4 points for the second official language): CIC proposes “(1) requiring minimum language abilities in order to qualify for the program; and (2) significantly increasing the maximum points awarded for fluency in one official language from 16 points to 24 points.”

(2) Arranged Employment (Up to 15 points): Eliminating the arranged employment opinion (AEO) and replacing it with the LMO is intended to reduce the burden on employers in the event the worker seeks to apply for permanent residence concurrently with a temporary work permit application. ”FSWC applicants with a positive or neutral LMO from HRSDC could be awarded up to 15 points on the selection grid.”

(3) “The number of points for the second official language would be reduced from 8 points to 4 points”

(4) Age (Up to 12 points) ”The revised selection grid would favour younger immigrants by awarding a maximum of 12 points for applicants aged 18 to 35, compared to applicants aged 21 to 49 who receive maximum points for age under the current grid, with diminishing points awarded until age 46. With the proposed changes, no age points would be awarded after age 46; however, workers aged 47 or older would continue to be eligible for the program.”

(5) Work experience “CIC Immigration is proposing to reduce the total number of points for work experience from 21 to 15, and increase the years of experience required to achieve full points, from four years to six.”

(6) Education (UP TO 15 POINTS) The new FSWC program would require a foreign educational credential assessment. Designated organizations would work on a case-by-case basis to authenticate credentials obtained in foreign jurisdictions and determine their equivalent value in Canada. This measure would allow CIC to benefit from a better assessment of the quality of a foreign educational credential.

(7) *Adaptability [up to 10 points] Up to 10 adaptability points would continue to be awarded, with changes to how they are accrued:

- “The maximum number of points (10) would be awarded if the principal applicant (PA) has qualifying previous work experience in Canada.[/quote ] i think they need to reduce the processing time too

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.