Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828899 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sonet: 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
[quote author=FastTracker]CIC Immigration Changes to Foreign Skilled Worker Class Point System

CIC Immigration has proposed a new plan where skilled workers could apply to Canada under one of three federal classes. One of which is called the Foreign Skilled Worker Class. This class existed previously, however changes have been made to the score system.

CIC Immigration Points System for the FSWC Program

The FSWC program will continue to use points to assess eligibility and the pass mark will remain 67 points. There will be changes to how points are awarded and to the requirements:

(1) Language proficiency (up to 24 points for first language and up to 4 points for the second official language): CIC proposes “(1) requiring minimum language abilities in order to qualify for the program; and (2) significantly increasing the maximum points awarded for fluency in one official language from 16 points to 24 points.”

(2) Arranged Employment (Up to 15 points): Eliminating the arranged employment opinion (AEO) and replacing it with the LMO is intended to reduce the burden on employers in the event the worker seeks to apply for permanent residence concurrently with a temporary work permit application. ”FSWC applicants with a positive or neutral LMO from HRSDC could be awarded up to 15 points on the selection grid.”

(3) “The number of points for the second official language would be reduced from 8 points to 4 points”

(4) Age (Up to 12 points) ”The revised selection grid would favour younger immigrants by awarding a maximum of 12 points for applicants aged 18 to 35, compared to applicants aged 21 to 49 who receive maximum points for age under the current grid, with diminishing points awarded until age 46. With the proposed changes, no age points would be awarded after age 46; however, workers aged 47 or older would continue to be eligible for the program.”

(5) Work experience “CIC Immigration is proposing to reduce the total number of points for work experience from 21 to 15, and increase the years of experience required to achieve full points, from four years to six.”

(6) Education (UP TO 15 POINTS) The new FSWC program would require a foreign educational credential assessment. Designated organizations would work on a case-by-case basis to authenticate credentials obtained in foreign jurisdictions and determine their equivalent value in Canada. This measure would allow CIC to benefit from a better assessment of the quality of a foreign educational credential.

(7) *Adaptability [up to 10 points] Up to 10 adaptability points would continue to be awarded, with changes to how they are accrued:

- “The maximum number of points (10) would be awarded if the principal applicant (PA) has qualifying previous work experience in Canada.[/quote ] i think they need to reduce the processing time too
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by justwise(m): 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
uchechuwku:
K

Thanks for your understanding
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by FastTracker: 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
wink
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mclarry(m): 9:16am On Jun 12, 2013
@Solomonwis, can one pay for WES and CIC applications using the naira mastercard? If yes, how long doest it take for WES to debit ur account after the online payment via their website?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:24am On Jun 12, 2013
mclarry: @Solomonwis, can one pay for WES and CIC applications using the naira mastercard? If yes, how long doest it take for WES to debit ur account after the online payment via their website?

Yes, you can pay with your naira debit card and that will be debited immediately you are informed of a successful payment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mclarry(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
solomonwis:

Yes, you can pay with your naira debit card and that will be debited immediately you are informed of a successful payment.

Many thanks and well appreciated!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by aspirecanada: 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
solomonwis:

You will state it as it is. That is, you will state your occupation as your current designation. This is because you will need to provide a work reference that will state your present designation and job description.

This however has to conform to the NOC list. You will state the eligible occupation and code under which you want your application assessed in form IMMM0008.

I have 2 queries; 1st query is related to the reply in the quoted post. Is it mandatory to get the reference letters from the employers even when the occupation is not under NOC 2011 list?
Before I ask the next question; Here’s a brief background about my education and work experience:
B.Sc.:- 34 months of work experience as Programmer Analyst (falls under NOC category 2174)
MBA:- 1 year of experience as Bank Manager
1. Clearly, the work experience after my MBA doesn’t fall under NOC category 2011, therefore I don’t want CIC to assess me on the basis of my Post graduate degree and my experience after that. I also don’t want to claim points on the basis of my Masters degree. Have I done the right thing by deciding to submit the ECA report pertaining to my B.Sc. only?

2. In this case, in the form IMM0008ENU_2D, I am confused whether to mention the “Highest Level of Education” as Bachelors degree or Masters degree. The same confusion persists when I fill my education details in the form ‘IMM5669’. Please suggest what should I do?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kike100: 10:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
alexito48201: I have submitted my application on the 4th of june. It will arrive sydney on the 11th of june 2013. My bank statement was 6 month bank statement. Hope that wont be a problem?

Hi Alexito, did you submit your form without the credential verification from http://www.icascanada.ca/fsw/contact.aspx ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
aspirecanada:

I have 2 queries; 1st query is related to the reply in the quoted post. Is it mandatory to get the reference letters from the employers even when the occupation is not under NOC 2011 list?
Before I ask the next question; Here’s a brief background about my education and work experience:
B.Sc.:- 34 months of work experience as Programmer Analyst (falls under NOC category 2174)
MBA:- 1 year of experience as Bank Manager
1. Clearly, the work experience after my MBA doesn’t fall under NOC category 2011, therefore I don’t want CIC to assess me on the basis of my Post graduate degree and my experience after that. I also don’t want to claim points on the basis of my Masters degree. Have I done the right thing by deciding to submit the ECA report pertaining to my B.Sc. only?

2. In this case, in the form IMM0008ENU_2D, I am confused whether to mention the “Highest Level of Education” as Bachelors degree or Masters degree. The same confusion persists when I fill my education details in the form ‘IMM5669’. Please suggest what should I do?

Your Masters degree will carry much weight than your Bsc not minding if the discipline under which you obtained your masters degree is not in the eligible occupation. It is advisable to include your MBA qualification in the educational credentials assessment.

Having said that,it behoves on you to package your work experience in line with the job description in the NOC website.In your case,your work experience while you worked with your Bsc {as a programmer analyst}will come in useful here just so you can gain the minimum work experience of one year {since you have had more than one year work experience with your Bsc degree}. You will still include your work experience after your masters degree not minding the fact that it will not count towards your earning additional points with work experience. You will be required to include the details of your work experience in the last 10 years,it is left for your case officer to exclude your work experience as a Bank Manager if you so wish to be assessed with your Bsc qualification.

This is important because you stand a better chance than a Bsc holder and you are seen as possessing the potential to diversify {Which your MBA portrays}.You will also earn more points with your educational qualification after the assessment.

Finally,let me state that you have a choice to make as to which qualification under which you want your application to be assessed.if you consider you stand a better chance with just your Bsc qualification,then you can present that and you can keep your MBA. This means your highest educational qualification will be Bsc and you will state that in all applicable forms. For work experience,you must state all the work experience you've had in the last 10 years whether they relate to the eligible occupation you want your application assessed. You must however emphasise on the programmer analyst work experience as this will count towards earning points under educational qualification.

I hope the above clarifies.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by alexito48201: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
I used WES for my verification. I included the verification to my application. Hope this answers your questions. WES is faster and better.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Royaldee: 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
kindly assist if anyone has the full address of where the reference letter from my HR(employer) should be addresses. Do i address it to Canada High commision in Nigeria?Accra, or to Sydney straight or Accra? Pls this application is for the latest application May, 2013.

Also i would like to know how long it will WES to send their evaluation report to Nigeria using International Registered Mail($30) and also how long it will take them to send to Nigeria if i choose International Express Courier ($100). It is a street address. which one is better to use. I need to minimixe time and money here. thanks

Has anyone tried other ECA> how was the experience? how fast were they?

Thank you;
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kike100: 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
alexito48201: I used WES for my verification. I included the verification to my application. Hope this answers your questions. WES is faster and better.

Thank you Alex! Pls send me your email. I need to relate with you. Tx!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
Royaldee: kindly assist if anyone has the full address of where the reference letter from my HR(employer) should be addresses. Do i address it to Canada High commision in Nigeria?Accra, or to Sydney straight or Accra? Pls this application is for the latest application May, 2013.

Also i would like to know how long it will WES to send their evaluation report to Nigeria using International Registered Mail($30) and also how long it will take them to send to Nigeria if i choose International Express Courier ($100). It is a street address. which one is better to use. I need to minimixe time and money here. thanks

Has anyone tried other ECA> how was the experience? how fast were they?

Thank you;

The reference letter will have to be addressed to the CIC at the CIO in Nova Scotia. It is however advisable to make the reference letter open ended with the caption “To whom it may concern”

WES will provide you with details regarding the duration of receiving your assessment result via international registered mail. Remember,the delivery in Nigeria will have to be done via NIPOST and your guess is as good as mine with them delivering on time.

International courier will take approximately 4

Working days.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Flowers: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2013
@solomonwis: please I would like to find out after getting a good score in the IETLS exam whats the next thing to do?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2013
Flowers: @solomonwis: please I would like to find out after getting a good score in the IETLS exam whats the next thing to do?

After your IELTS,you will need to package all the other documents as contained in the checklist{ I am assuming you are done with your Educational Credentials Assessment here and you know your occupation is one of the eligible occupation list. I am also assuming you've done a self appraisal that you meet the minimum required score of 67 points).

Please make use of the checklist earlier posted,if you have any challenge with any of the documents to be included you can come on here and make further enquiries.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kike100: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hello my people, pls where can I get the ietls practice question book. It's not currently available at the British council office.

Helpppppp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by aspirecanada: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
solomonwis:

Your Masters degree will carry much weight than your Bsc not minding if the discipline under which you obtained your masters degree is not in the eligible occupation. It is advisable to include your MBA qualification in the educational credentials assessment.

Having said that,it behoves on you to package your work experience in line with the job description in the NOC website.In your case,your work experience while you worked with your Bsc {as a programmer analyst}will come in useful here just so you can gain the minimum work experience of one year {since you have had more than one year work experience with your Bsc degree}. You will still include your work experience after your masters degree not minding the fact that it will not count towards your earning additional points with work experience. You will be required to include the details of your work experience in the last 10 years,it is left for your case officer to exclude your work experience as a Bank Manager if you so wish to be assessed with your Bsc qualification.

This is important because you stand a better chance than a Bsc holder and you are seen as possessing the potential to diversify {Which your MBA portrays}.You will also earn more points with your educational qualification after the assessment.

Finally,let me state that you have a choice to make as to which qualification under which you want your application to be assessed.if you consider you stand a better chance with just your Bsc qualification,then you can present that and you can keep your MBA. This means your highest educational qualification will be Bsc and you will state that in all applicable forms. For work experience,you must state all the work experience you've had in the last 10 years whether they relate to the eligible occupation you want your application assessed. You must however emphasise on the programmer analyst work experience as this will count towards earning points under educational qualification.

I hope the above clarifies.

Thanks solomonwis for such a detailed reply. Really appreciate it. I have one more query regarding the format of "Letters of reference" from employers. I wish to know if there is any particular format in which these letters need to written?

And most importantly, somewhere in this forum, I read that the letters of reference need to be confidential and need to be sent directly to CIC. However, in the check list(IMM5612) given by CIC, they have mentioned that WE and NOT the EMPLOYER should send copies of Reference Letters. The originals may however be requested by the CIC officer later. This means that we should keep the originals with us. Also, I could find any text which states that the letters of reference should be sent directly by employer to CIC. Any comments please share.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Royaldee: 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
solomonwis:

The reference letter will have to be addressed to the CIC at the CIO in Nova Scotia. It is however advisable to make the reference letter open ended with the caption “To whom it may concern”

WES will provide you with details regarding the duration of receiving your assessment result via international registered mail. Remember,the delivery in Nigeria will have to be done via NIPOST and your guess is as good as mine with them delivering on time.

International courier will take approximately 4

pls what about international registered mail for $30? how long will it take if WES send to me using this(international registered mail for $30). This is bcoz there are 2 options:international registered mail for $30 and International Express Courier ($100).i want to weigh my options

Working days.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Royaldee: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
pls what about international registered mail for $30? how long will it take if WES send to me using this(international registered mail for $30). This is bcoz there are 2 options:international registered mail for $30 and International Express Courier ($100).i want to weigh my options

Working days.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
Royaldee: pls what about international registered mail for $30? how long will it take if WES send to me using this(international registered mail for $30). This is bcoz there are 2 options:international registered mail for $30 and International Express Courier ($100).i want to weigh my options

Working days.

Delivery period for this type of mail lie with NIPOST. It might take approximately 2 weeks to get it delivered AGW.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Royaldee: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2013
are u saying WES use NIPOST to deliver in Nigeria?

solomonwis:

Delivery period for this type of mail lie with NIPOST. It might take approximately 2 weeks to get it delivered AGW.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
Royaldee: are u saying WES use NIPOST to deliver in Nigeria?

YES!

Except you register for the Expres courier services,other services are delivered via NIPOST
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by smshoeb: 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
Dear solomonwis, I have bachelor of commerce in accounting and masters of business studies in accounting. I work in a building construction company as assistant manager (finance). I completed 2 modules - introduction to finance in first year and business finance in fourth (final) year of my honor's degree. Could you please suggest me whether it's possible to apply as "financial and investment analyst" because I am afraid about my education, CIC want finance degree but I have accounting as major.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:52am On Jun 15, 2013
aspirecanada:

Thanks solomonwis for such a detailed reply. Really appreciate it. I have one more query regarding the format of "Letters of reference" from employers. I wish to know if there is any particular format in which these letters need to written?

And most importantly, somewhere in this forum, I read that the letters of reference need to be confidential and need to be sent directly to CIC. However, in the check list(IMM5612) given by CIC, they have mentioned that WE and NOT the EMPLOYER should send copies of Reference Letters. The originals may however be requested by the CIC officer later. This means that we should keep the originals with us. Also, I could find any text which states that the letters of reference should be sent directly by employer to CIC. Any comments please share.

There's no particular format for the letter of reference. However the letter will include details such as
1.The specific period of your employment with the company
2.The positions you have held with the company and the time spent in each position
3.Your main responsibilities and duties in each position
4.Your total annual emolument in each position and other benefits
5.The number of hours worked per week in each position

You may choose to include a copy of your letter of employment/letter of employment confirmation/promotion letter.

If you are self employed, you must provide 3rd party attestation/documentation indicating the services rendered and the payment relating to each service rendered.

Note that the letter MUST be written on the company letterhead, signed/stamped/sealed by the HR/Admin department or whichever department/unit is responsible for personnel management, the letterhead must carry the official address of the company, telephone number(s) and email address.

The letter will have to be PHOTOCOPY, original letter can be retained by the applicant until such a time the CIC/case officer calls for it.

The letter has to be sent along with other documents by the applicants and not by the issuing organization(s).Please ignore anywhere where it is stated that the letter has to be confidentially dispatched to the CIO
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:10am On Jun 15, 2013
smshoeb: Dear solomonwis, I have bachelor of commerce in accounting and masters of business studies in accounting. I work in a building construction company as assistant manager (finance). I completed 2 modules - introduction to finance in first year and business finance in fourth (final) year of my honor's degree. Could you please suggest me whether it's possible to apply as "financial and investment analyst" because I am afraid about my education, CIC want finance degree but I have accounting as major.

From all indication, you will qualify under the Financial and Investment Analyst eligible occupation. I will however advise that you forward your educational credentials to any of the credentials assessment bodies in Canada for your educational qualification to be assessed as equivalent to Canadian qualification.

Please ensure your main duties are in line with the NOC job classification as below

[b]"Financial analysts perform some or all of the following duties:•Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations
•Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance
•Analyze investment projects
•Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender
•Follow up on financing projects with financial backers
•Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio
•Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
•Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.

Investment analysts perform some or all of the following duties:•Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
•Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
•Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
•Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence."[/b]

You need not worry about whether you have a finance degree or not, the employment requirement for Financial and Investment Analyst are

•A bachelor's degree in commerce, business administration or economics
and On-the-job training and industry courses and programs are usually required.
•A master's degree in business administration (MBA) (concentration in finance) or in finance may be required.
•The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, available through a program conducted by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts in the United States, may be required by some employers.

I will advise you go ahead with your credentials qualification assessment as long as it has been assessed as equivalent to a Canadian qualification, then you can proceed with submitting your application
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by smshoeb: 9:47am On Jun 15, 2013
Dear solomonwis, Thank you very much for your kind reply. I will dispatch my credential in order to assess as early possible.

solomonwis:

From all indication, you will qualify under the Financial and Investment Analyst eligible occupation. I will however advise that you forward your educational credentials to any of the credentials assessment bodies in Canada for your educational qualification to be assessed as equivalent to Canadian qualification.

Please ensure your main duties are in line with the NOC job classification as below

[b]"Financial analysts perform some or all of the following duties:•Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations
•Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance
•Analyze investment projects
•Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender
•Follow up on financing projects with financial backers
•Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio
•Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
•Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.

Investment analysts perform some or all of the following duties:•Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
•Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
•Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
•Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence."[/b]

You need not worry about whether you have a finance degree or not, the employment requirement for Financial and Investment Analyst are

•A bachelor's degree in commerce, business administration or economics
and On-the-job training and industry courses and programs are usually required.
•A master's degree in business administration (MBA) (concentration in finance) or in finance may be required.
•The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, available through a program conducted by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts in the United States, may be required by some employers.

I will advise you go ahead with your credentials qualification assessment as long as it has been assessed as equivalent to a Canadian qualification, then you can proceed with submitting your application
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by aspirecanada: 7:27am On Jun 16, 2013
solomonwis:

There's no particular format for the letter of reference. However the letter will include details such as
1.The specific period of your employment with the company
2.The positions you have held with the company and the time spent in each position
3.Your main responsibilities and duties in each position
4.Your total annual emolument in each position and other benefits
5.The number of hours worked per week in each position

You may choose to include a copy of your letter of employment/letter of employment confirmation/promotion letter.

If you are self employed, you must provide 3rd party attestation/documentation indicating the services rendered and the payment relating to each service rendered.

Note that the letter MUST be written on the company letterhead, signed/stamped/sealed by the HR/Admin department or whichever department/unit is responsible for personnel management, the letterhead must carry the official address of the company, telephone number(s) and email address.

The letter will have to be PHOTOCOPY, original letter can be retained by the applicant until such a time the CIC/case officer calls for it.

The letter has to be sent along with other documents by the applicants and not by the issuing organization(s).Please ignore anywhere where it is stated that the letter has to be confidentially dispatched to the CIO

Thanks a lot Solomonwis.. you are really doing a good job by sparing time to guide people in this forum.. keep the good work going smiley smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 5:59am On Jun 17, 2013
Lady and gentlemen I have been following this thread and You guys are doing a good job here. This can save people the close to $4000 dollars David Cohen and co charges to submit an application to CIC. Special thanks to solomonwis and ladyguinenine and other dedicated members of this forum.

Though am not an expert on this, but having thoroughly read the CIC website I think I to a large extent understand most of their requirements
Just to further stress on some misconception which some had already corrected the guy already in Canada paddy.....something
Solomonwis was wrong in the IELTS points scoring. You can get a max of 24 for a particular language ie English or French, then extra 4 point if you are bilingual for English or French. The other 5 points for language on adaptabilty are for married people whose spouses have above the minimum stated score ie CLB 4 or 5 (not sure which one now) and above. This makes language the single most important factor in the scoring criteria followed closely by highest Education attainment.

The second point is Notorization of documents. It's to your advantage to motorize every single document submitted once they are not original. The whites dont think as we do. Once they see notorized documents they usually are more likely to aacpet it as genuinie than when it is not. This is particularly important for Asia and Africa especially Nigeria where alot of fake diocument abounds. The evaluation and authentication of document done by designated evaluation bodies is usually for the qualification you are claimimg points for, and not for others required documents. This was an advice from a person working with an immigration lawyer based in Canada. Though not notarizing would not affect or disqualify your application, it can delay it!. This also depends on the visa officer handling your application. Some don't mind while others do a lot.

Having said that, failure to notorize your document will rarely delay or cause a return of your application package. The worst is that before your are issued a visa or PR, you will be asked to bring all the originals to the processing embassy for further evaluation. All the best to you all
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:23am On Jun 17, 2013
ifechukwukamso: Lady and gentlemen I have been following this thread and You guys are doing a good job here. This can save people the close to $4000 dollars David Cohen and co charges to submit an application to CIC. Special thanks to solomonwis and ladyguinenine and other dedicated members of this forum.

Though am not an expert on this, but having thoroughly read the CIC website I think I to a large extent understand most of their requirements
Just to further stress on some misconception which some had already corrected the guy already in Canada paddy.....something
Solomonwis was wrong in the IELTS points scoring. You can get a max of 24 for a particular language ie English or French, then extra 4 point if you are bilingual for English or French. The other 5 points for language on adaptabilty are for married people whose spouses have above the minimum stated score
ie CLB 4 or 5 (not sure which one now) and above. This makes language the single most important factor in the scoring criteria followed closely by highest Education attainment.

The second point is Notorization of documents. It's to your advantage to motorize every single document submitted once they are not original. The whites dont think as we do. Once they see notorized documents they usually are more likely to aacpet it as genuinie than when it is not. This is particularly important for Asia and Africa especially Nigeria where alot of fake diocument abounds. The evaluation and authentication of document done by designated evaluation bodies is usually for the qualification you are claimimg points for, and not for others required documents. This was an advice from a person working with an immigration lawyer based in Canada. Though not notarizing would not affect or disqualify your application, it can delay it!. This also depends on the visa officer handling your application. Some don't mind while others do a lot.

Having said that, failure to notorize your document will rarely delay or cause a return of your application package. The worst is that before your are issued a visa or PR, you will be asked to bring all the originals to the processing embassy for further evaluation. All the best to you all

When you say somebody is wrong in something,you need to show proof beyond doubt that the person is wrong.

Can u explain further what you mean by extra point for being bilingual. Can you also bring out the source of your information about gaining extra point for being bilingual?

How do you prove you are bilingual when you are only required to submit one language test result and not two?

Not notarizing your documents will not delay it,not in anyway.
Educational credential assessment is not for scoring points, it will never tell you what score you have. It is for AUTHENTICATION of your educational credentials
documents and evaluation to know if your credentials are equivalent to a Canadian Qualification. I am not against notarization if you are comfortable doing it,go ahead but it will not in anyway delay the processing of your application. You are beginning to make notarization look like it is more original than the original. Even when you notarize your case officer is at liberty to ask for the original at a later date.so stop spreading the rumour of notarization. It can help but can never delay.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 9:30am On Jun 17, 2013
solomonwis:

When you say somebody is wrong in something,you need to show proof beyond doubt that the person is wrong.

Can u explain further what you mean by extra point for being bilingual. Can you also bring out the source of your information about gaining extra point for being bilingual?

How do you prove you are bilingual when you are only required to submit one language test result and not two?

Not notarizing your documents will not delay it,not in anyway.
Educational credential assessment is not for scoring points, it will never tell you what score you have. It is for AUTHENTICATION of your educational credentials
documents and evaluation to know if your credentials are equivalent to a Canadian Qualification. I am not against notarization if you are comfortable doing it,go ahead but it will not in anyway delay the processing of your application. You are beginning to make notarization look like it is more original than the original. Even when you notarize your case officer is at liberty to ask for the original at a later date.so stop spreading the rumour of notarization. It can help but can never delay.

@solomonwis Read pages 11-17 of the ATTACHED GUIDE TO APPLICATION UPDATED LAST IN 2013-04-29
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp
This is an extract of what page 13 under languages STATES look under important Notice section
Note: Test results from a designated testing agency will be used as conclusive
evidence of your language proficiency.
Important information. If you wish to be awarded points for your
proficiency in both official languages, you must include the results of your
official English language proficiency test (CELPIP – General or IELTS –
General Training) AND your official French language proficiency test (TEF)
with your application to the CIO.
Important information. If you are claiming adaptability points for your
spouse or common-law partner’s language proficiency, you must include the
results of their official English language proficiency test (CELPIP – General
or IELTS – General Training) OR their official French language proficiency
test (TEF) with your application to the CIO.

For the Notarization palava am quoting an inside source in Famarha Immigration service you can choose to believe it or not.
With this I rest my case

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.