Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828753 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
debbiejosh:

hi dear. theres no cut out time, but from the ttend with AVO now...its like 30-60 days
immediately after the MR stage is the Passport request stage...no need of going in person
AVO is getting fast now
NB..Advice to early birds of FSW 2014 stream...please keep your POF reafy...AVO gives only about 30 days for response

On the average, how many months bank account history do they ask for ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
blueQueen:

Thanks for the speedy reply...OK..on to IELTS...will update you guys...what about my ECA? do I start to process that immediately? Can you give me a website for that?
Thanks already.

There are 3 organizations that can do ECA.
CES - http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/immigration

ICAS - http://www.icascanada.ca/fsw/home.aspx

WES -http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/

Read through their websites to see their various conditions and choose anyone that favours you. I used CES because of their favourabke condition. I think most people use WEs. For ielts don't forget that you need to write general test and not academic test. Start your educational evaluation immediately.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by firedup: 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Evening guys,,i checked through this site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp and found out that i am not eligible...so what"s next for me?
do i just apply for worker"s permit?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 11:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
ferdimako:

Okay..good one. I love ur fighting spirit. Well, I can't be authoritative as I'm not a staffer of CIC. Either they place preference on overall points or specific item is my guess. So it can only delay one's look-in.

Baba, could you please interpret this information I found on cic website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/#mi13

excerpts from the above link

Ministerial Instructions 13 (MI13): Processing of new and existing applications for temporary residence and permanent residence
Ministerial Instructions have been issued in order to assist in the prevention of the transmission and spread of the Ebola outbreak.

Effective October 31, 2014, CIC will not process any new permanent resident or temporary resident applications and will stop processing existing temporary resident applications for which a final decision has not been made if the applicant has recently been in an Ebola-affected country.

For pending permanent resident applications, visas will not be issued unless the officer is satisfied the applicant has not been in an Ebola-affected country within the three months prior to finalization.

These measures are temporary to protect the health and safety of Canadians, and until further notice.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
^^Nigeria is not affected. AVO is currently on turbo charge, churning out updates.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 12:44am On Nov 07, 2014
hello peeps,
a few questions pls.
1. whats the full address details of d AVO to fill under " immigration office requested for processing this application".
2. whats the province code for calgary.
3. whats the answer of CSQ
4. i guess naija has no national identity document.
5. under personal history; for millitary/paramillitary service, do i liv it blank or fill in NYSC.

Many thanks peeps.
(Expecting my ielts of nov 1st result. lagis center.)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 2:03am On Nov 07, 2014
azeezbaba:

Baba, could you please interpret this information I found on cic website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/#mi13

excerpts from the above link

Ministerial Instructions 13 (MI13): Processing of new and existing applications for temporary residence and permanent residence
Ministerial Instructions have been issued in order to assist in the prevention of the transmission and spread of the Ebola outbreak.

Effective October 31, 2014, CIC will not process any new permanent resident or temporary resident applications and will stop processing existing temporary resident applications for which a final decision has not been made if the applicant has recently been in an Ebola-affected country.

For pending permanent resident applications, visas will not be issued unless the officer is satisfied the applicant has not been in an Ebola-affected country within the three months prior to finalization.

These measures are temporary to protect the health and safety of Canadians, and until further notice.

CIC will not process new permanent resident visa applications made by foreign nationals who have been in an Ebola affected country (which includes having resided, travelled or transited) within three months prior to the date the application is received by CIC.

These Instructions do not apply to applications from foreign nationals with valid temporary resident status applying for permanent residence while in Canada.

In order for an officer to issue an approval (final positive decision) of a pending permanent residence visa application, the officer must be satisfied that the applicant has not been in an Ebola affected country (which includes having resided, travelled or transited) in the three-month period prior to the issuance of a visa or other document under section 11 of IRPA.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 07, 2014
[/color][color=#990000]
ANBAKO:

CES - http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/immigration

Read through their websites to see their various conditions and choose anyone that favours you. I used CES because of their favourabke condition. I think most people use WEs. For ielts don't forget that you need to write general test and not academic test. Start your educational evaluation immediately.

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. God bless you. Any special reason while you choose CES?

I just looked through CES application...pls shed more light on the ffg pointers below. Thanks

Your application for a CES Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) Educational Credential Assessment Report will require:
• A completed and signed CES application form...
• A colour photocopy of your government-issued photo identification showing your date of birth
• A colour photocopy of both sides of the final award for each completed degree, diploma or certificate in its original
language with official English or French translation (if applicable)
• A colour photocopy of both sides of your academic records (transcripts, statements of marks) for each completed
program of study in their original language and official English or French translation (if applicable)
ANBAKO:

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. God bless you. Any special reason while you choose CES?

I just looked through CES application...pls shed more light on the ffg pointers below. Thanks

Your application for a CES Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) Educational Credential Assessment Report will require:
• A colour photocopy of your government-issued photo identification showing your date of birth
• A colour photocopy of both sides of the final award for each completed degree, diploma or certificate in its original
• A colour photocopy of both sides of your academic records (transcripts, statements of marks) for each completed
program of study in their original language and official English or French translation (if applicable)
ANBAKO:

• A completed and signed CES application form...i understand this.
• A colour photocopy of your government-issued photo identification showing your date of birth..I understand this too
language with official English or French translation (if applicable)..I understand this too
program of study in their original language and official English or French translation (if applicable)...what does this mean? that I should go and get my transcript?...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
blueQueen:
[/color][color=#990000]

• A completed and signed CES application form...i understand this.
• A colour photocopy of your government-issued photo identification showing your date of birth..I understand this too
language with official English or French translation (if applicable)..I understand this too
program of study in their original language and official English or French translation (if applicable)...what does this mean? that I should go and get my transcript?...

I chose CES because their conditions are favourable to me. My educational certificates are not in English, requires a lot of translation. They did not request for certified translators hence I did the translation through a friend. They also had a good turnaround time then. I did everything within 4 weeks.

For any of the evalution organizations, you need to get your transcript. You need to contact your institution to forward your transcript to CES. I dont know how you will process that because I dont know the Nigerian system. One thing i know (from guys here) is that you need to push for this and need to be very proactive about it. A lot of people here on the forum has done that.You will also need to send the copies of your certificate and transcript to the evaluation organization separately.....
Which institution did you graduate from? Maybe there are people here that can give you heads up.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by whitneyhazel: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
gentleiphy:

is it Accra Visa Office calling for MR's for 2014 applicants?thats so fast o and unlike AVO..
Yes they are...the lady submitted on d 1st of May, though she said it's probably because her NOC 2113 (Geologists and co.) isn't so hot.
She also noted her NOC wasn't capped last yr!
Either way she's an FSW 2014....so it's happening for real!!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yokus(f): 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
gentleiphy:
Fellow Hopefuls,
As regards the inability to raise Canadian dollars DD via GT bank which was stopped few weeks ago due to technical issues,i placed a call to Gtbank head office this morning and i can confirm they have resumed raising the draft.They confirmed they had technical issues previously but that has been resolved and they apologized for the inconveniences it might have caused.So guys you can raise your DD now with GTbank.

Thank you very much for the info. which branch, same oyin jolayemi branch? because i called them now and they said they dont do it. gentleipphy pls reply asap. Were you able to get yours done
@ Damkollins or Solomonwis how mucb draft will i draw for 2 adults and 2 children.
pls i just want to be sure.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gentleiphy: 4:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
yokus:

Thank you very much for the info. which branch, same oyin jolayemi branch? because i called them now and they said they dont do it. gentleipphy pls reply asap. Were you able to get yours done
@ Damkollins or Solomonwis how mucb draft will i draw for 2 adults and 2 children.
pls i just want to be sure.

Yes Yokus,am sure of what i was told,unless the guy that responded to your call isn't aware,they actually told me they had the technical issue last few weeks and now have resolved it and can now start issuing again..otherwise i wont post it here,i didn't do mine here cos i submitted my application August,mine was raised in Toronto.But visiting Oyin Jolayemi too wont be a bad idea to fully confirm.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hi all, Pls wes has updated my status to completed but under completed there's 'order report' and 'upgrade report'. Am I suppose to open the link and fill the form?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
My application was received today in Canada by DAN
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
tola73:
My application was received today in Canada by DAN
Congrats! What NOC?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
livepluslife:
Hi all, Pls wes has updated my status to completed but under completed there's 'order report' and 'upgrade report'. Am I suppose to open the link and fill the form?
Are u sure u chose d correct link for fswp?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
firedup:
Evening guys,,i checked through this site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp and found out that i am not eligible...so what"s next for me?
do i just apply for worker"s permit?
How did u know? Ur NOC and points?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
Meritl:

CIC will not process new permanent resident visa applications made by foreign nationals who have been in an Ebola affected country (which includes having resided, travelled or transited) within three months prior to the date the application is received by CIC.

These Instructions do not apply to applications from foreign nationals with valid temporary resident status applying for permanent residence while in Canada.

In order for an officer to issue an approval (final positive decision) of a pending permanent residence visa application, the officer must be satisfied that the applicant has not been in an Ebola affected country (which includes having resided, travelled or transited) in the three-month period prior to the issuance of a visa or other document under section 11 of IRPA.
Azeezbaba...my opinion too.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 8:34pm On Nov 07, 2014
NOC 0113
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
livepluslife:
If it's actually completed,you should have been notified that its been prepared for delivery to your address.
Meanwhile ,you should also be able to view the unofficial version of your ECA report.
Have you paid for delivery of the result ?....what is the summary of what you paid during registration ?
For now ,no need to order new report or upgrade report.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fuzzyt(m): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
Halleluyah. God has finally done it for me.

I have received MR email from AVO this afternoon. Many thanks to all seniors on the forum who helped and encouraged me during this application process especially Solomonwise and Kollins.

My application was received on May 30, 2014.
CC charged on 16th Sept, 2914 and PER email received on 10th October. 2014.

I have been asked to provide Medical, POF, hospital birth certificate for my kids, immunization records of my kids, UK Police certificate.

Please join me once again in praising the Lord.

Solomonwise and Damkollins u guys r going great job.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 10:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
fuzzyt:

I have received MR email from AVO this afternoon. Many thanks to all seniors on the forum who helped and encouraged me during this application process especially Solomonwise and Kollins.

I have been asked to provide Medical, POF, hospital birth certificate for my kids, immunization records of my kids, UK Police certificate.

Am happy for you. Congrats. Why do you need to submit UK Police certificate? Did you reside there for more than 6 months in the last 10 years?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
Is everyone asleep? CAP updated! !!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
fuzzyt:

what? !!!!!
This is shocking, I assumed the previous MR was just a one off tin. FSWP 2014 is on a roll.
congrats to u . wish u God's grace
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
I'll advise people to stay off 2173 and 2171 Cos 2174 applicants including the rejected apps are all crossing over to those two.
NOC 1112 capped.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
MrsDGN:
Is everyone asleep? CAP updated! !!

yekpa, 2131 now 339. ECA not still ready, Lord have mercy.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 11:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
fuzzyt:

Congrats!!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by firedup: 12:16am On Nov 08, 2014
ferdiii:

How did u know? Ur NOC and points?
thank u so much,i have discovered my bad.misinterpreted this quote -- There are also sub-caps of 1,000 for each of the 50 eligible occupations.---was assuming that its only for the eligible 50, am on it now .my noc is 3211.and is skill category B
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 2:02am On Nov 08, 2014
damkollins:

If it's actually completed,you should have been notified that its been prepared for delivery to your address.
Meanwhile ,you should also be able to view the unofficial version of your ECA report.
Have you paid for delivery of the result ?....what is the summary of what you paid during registration ?
For now ,no need to order new report or upgrade report.
Cheers

Thanks alot Damkollins, I paid almost $300 courier service was included. Hopefully hard copy will be delivered soon. Pls how how do I view the unofficial version?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omasa: 6:06am On Nov 08, 2014
yomifowe:

Mailing label is simply typing your full name and address/postal address on a MS word document and dropping it in your application package. This is usually used in case an application needs to be returned (God forbid) to the applicant. You are required to add 2 mailing labels in your application.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:38am On Nov 08, 2014
fuzzyt:

A big congratulobia to you.
We thank God for his mercies.
This is pretty fast, really fast.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.