Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829163 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:32am On Mar 11, 2015
labiz001:
Hello house,
I have to raise a draft for payment of 150CAD for my new baby application. I have been told I can only raise bank draft in USD here, so my question is how do I know 150CAD equivalent in USD so has not to shortpay AVE.

Please advice

You obviously didn't read through the link provided earlier. Please read through the link. You have the equivalent in both USD and Ghana Cedis, the choice is yours to make.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:34am On Mar 11, 2015
labiz001:
Hello house,
I have to raise a draft for payment of 150CAD for my new baby application. I have been told I can only raise bank draft in USD here, so my question is how do I know 150CAD equivalent in USD so has not to shortpay AVE.
Please advice
I really do not know who told you the draft can only be raised in USD.
If you check the link below,you will know that in submitting to Accra Visa office,you can actually raised your bank drafts in either Ghanian cedis,US dollars or Canadian dollars.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng
Meanwhile,I think its easier and cheaper to raise US dollar draft than CAD so the current equivalent of 150CAD according to the link above is $120.
Please check the link ago to be sure of the existing rate as posted on Accra visa office website.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:35am On Mar 11, 2015
usr249:
@Solomomwis,

Regarding Biadroit's issue, if the maximum number has been reached, why would he be issued a UCI?

Don't you think his UCI counts towards the maximum number reached?

Cheers.

UCI is issued once your file comes under processing (as it as the case with @Biadroit). It doesn't necessarily signify a positive outcome.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:51am On Mar 11, 2015
Biadroit:
Pls I need urgent help from solomon wise and damkollinsnd anyone that can pls help me. My application was received (2145 - petroleum engineering ) . But it was posted back and it had a letter that the money order was stale more than 6months, the whole document was ticked ok and the calculation of fee was even done on the left hand coner, the IELTS where verified and the ECA too as copy of the verification was printed out cos it came with the returned document, UCI was given as 92473640, and ticked ok and every other things where actually ticked ok, they wrote R10WMQ, NO rep,MI12-NOC, PA550, SP 550,they shaded the date on the date on money order. The money orde was purchased from canada and prior to using it I made enquiries and was told that money orders don't expire on like bank draft . And on their site it was stated that payment instrument from issued outside canada has 6mnths expiry date! So y say my money order is stale is it possible that the officer that treated it made a mistake? But my main question is that I was told by my relative in canada who works with CIC that am suppose to resend it with a proper new draft or card payment. Pls I need your kind help damkollins, solomon sis and all. Very many tnx
Sleekjaguar:

Question: Did they state anywhere in any letter that you should resubmit the forms and docs along with the new payment? From what I can see, you've been given a UCI no. which in my opinion is a giant leap forward. If I'm not mistaken, it means CIC has given you the nod but is willing to wait for you to rectify the payment issue. I'll strongly suggest that you arrange for a new one (maybe Credit or Debit card). You can use Niara or Visa debit cards payment from any Naija bank. I used GTB and it was successful. I'll advise you not to delay. You can always sort out the Canadian money order issue later. All the best!
Funny i'm just seeing this now.
Unless categorically included in your returned package to re-send a draft....I'm sure your package wont be accepted again.
You should know that 31st December,2014 was the last date for FSWP so any application received by 1st January,2015 will not be considered for FSWP.
I may be wrong but its actually the truth of the matter so I will advice you commence express entry route as soon as possible.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:06am On Mar 11, 2015
toksys:
Goodmoring good everyone.hope we are all getting and moving with the information in this thread.thanks to some special people for their sacrifice and timely answers to all our questions God willl abundantly bless you.
my question
* i want my wife to be the pincipal applicant because of age she earn more point than i do,but she as a dual citizen ship.she has both british(birth) and nigerian citizenship.all are schooling was done here in nigeria but before we got married someone stole are british passport but as God will have it the passport was restored to her.now my question is the name on our nigerian passport and british pasport is her maiden name i.e her fathers name ,the lawyer that help us then advice that it should be so,my question is since she will be the principal applicant under whose name will she apply with ?our maiden name or husband name.and in the statement of account that we are presenting is it going to be in maiden name or my name(husband name).i want her to take the IETLS exam after am done with mine under whose name will i register her with maiden or husband name since she will be presenting her passport at the venue.the canadian immigration might not understand this since she got her passport back 3 years
after we got married and both(british and nigerian)carry her maiden name.will appreciate your response.
Maiden name or married name.....the most important thing is that both of you are legally married.
With the inclusion of your court marriage certificate in your application,you have no issues.
Foe the IELTS,the result will obviously comes out with the name on the passport document she uses.
She can apply as married....remember the inclusion of the marriage certificate is enough reason to know she is answering your name despite that some/most of her documents still carry her maiden name.
Whatever you are going to do....dont forget to include the marriage certificate.
One last thing...the CIC staff are not dump grin....they understand a woman can be legally married and still not have a name change with the evidence of the marriage certificate.
Summarily....its not a reason to get yourself worried on.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:17am On Mar 11, 2015
skidmarkz:

Hi bro Sevule, I understand about the validity of 5 years once you land in Canada.
My question is that once the Canadian embassy in your country issues you with an initial visa (arrival visa), how long do you need to come to Canada before you become a PR there? Please let us know later once it has been issued.
Thx
If I understand you well...you want to know the validity of the issued visa before entry into Canada.
The permanent resident Visa (PRV) is normally valid for one year from the date an applicant successfully carried his/her medical test out......or if by chance,if your passport document is not valid up to year and you submitted it to your local visa office like that,the permanent resident visa(PRV) on such passport will expire on the date the passport document expires....because it is less than one year.
Otherwise...its one year.
Please be informed also that Accra normally require that the passport been submitted have a minimum of 6 months validity to be considered for stamping.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 6:33am On Mar 11, 2015
@ Solomonwis, sorry I oversighted the link.
@ Damkollins, what I meant was that i was told i can only raise draft on USD from Nigeria.

Thank you so much guys, you've really been of great assistance. Your reward is with God only.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 6:38am On Mar 11, 2015
damkollins:

If I understand you well...you want to know the validity of the issued visa before entry into Canada.
The permanent resident Visa (PRV) is normally valid for one year from the date an applicant successfully carried his/her medical test out......or if by chance,if your passport document is not valid up to year and you submitted it to your local visa office like that,the permanent resident visa(PRV) on such passport will expire on the date the passport document expires....because it is less than one year.
Please be informed also that Accra normally require that the passport been submitted have a minimum of 6 months validity to be considered for stamping.
Cheers.

@ Damkollins, from your explanation, my passport will expire by next January, and am also hoping that the process should be through towards that time. Can I renew few months before expiry of what do you advice.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ceosnave(m): 6:40am On Mar 11, 2015
[,quote author=damkollins post=31506701]

Funny i'm just seeing this now.
Unless categorically included in your returned package to re-send a draft....I'm sure your package wont be accepted again.
You should know that 31st December,2014 was the last date for FSWP so any application received by 1st January,2015 will not be considered for FSWP.
I may be wrong but its actually the truth of the matter so I will advice you commence express entry route as soon as possible.
Cheers.
[/quote]

@damkollins @solomonwis...so in other words applications received by CIC say on 24 Dec 2014 (as is my case) will still be considered under FSWP? Cos as of today, 11 March 2015, my credit card is yet to be debited. In view of this, should i contact CIC or simply wait? Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sleekjaguar: 7:09am On Mar 11, 2015
Hi All,

Quick question please:

In the "Additional Family Information" forms, I inadvertently made some typo errors in the DOB of two of my wife's siblings and completely omitted the details of one of my siblings.

From what I've observed, the types of updated or additional info requested by AVO varies from person to person.

Having said this, would you advice I use the CSE form from AVO website to inform them about these omissions and request the necessary changes in advance?

NOC - 2241
App. Received - Dec. 5, 2014
DD - Jan. 29, 2015
PER - Feb. 26, 2015

Will appreciate any useful feedback.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 10:06am On Mar 11, 2015
Do you guys know how long we can wait to come to Canada once the arrival visa is issued?

Thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2015
skidmarkz:
Do you guys know how long we can wait to come to Canada once the arrival visa is issued?

Thx

Damkollins wrote above (in bold)

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
labiz001:

Damkollins wrote above (in bold)

Cheers.

Ok thanks mate.
Sorry i must have skipped it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
damkollins:

Cheers.

Thanks Damkollins
Sorry if i asked a redundant question. i was using an old blackberry which its display screen is so small. Therefore i must have skipped your response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by toksys: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
damkollins:

Maiden name or married name.....the most important thing is that both of you are legally married.
With the inclusion of your court marriage certificate in your application,you have no issues.
Foe the IELTS,the result will obviously comes out with the name on the passport document she uses.
She can apply as married....remember the inclusion of the marriage certificate is enough reason to know she is answering your name despite that some/most of her documents still carry her maiden name.
Whatever you are going to do....dont forget to include the marriage certificate.
One last thing...the CIC staff are not dump grin....they understand a woman can be legally married and still not have a name change with the evidence of the marriage certificate.
Summarily....its not a reason to get yourself worried on.
Cheers.

Thanks so very much damkollins
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by deebsman1(m): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
Sorry, if this questions had been asked b4, can someone pls explain how best to make WES payment from Nigeria. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Taiwoabo(f): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
deebsman1:
Sorry, if this questions had been asked b4, can someone pls explain how best to make WES payment from Nigeria. Thanks

Credit card, either VISA, DEBIT or Master card.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANIMATION: 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
@damkollins @solomonwis and all in the house. need ur candid advice. My application for FSW got to CIO 20th oct 2014 one month after a close friiend of mine sent hers under same NOC 2281 category. hers was recieved 18th sept. I got PER letter Jan 20 but her documents were returned to her and the reason they gave was that her application was recieved after the CAP for NOC 2281 was 1000.this s obviiusly not tru cos I submited a month after her and as at oct 20th the NOC 2281 was still less than 800. the information inside my PER is confidential as noted in the disclamer in te bottom of the letter, but she has asked me to give her my UCI number to show that applicant whose enties arrived after hers got considered and given PER. she plans to use a lawyer. I want to allow her use the UCI and my other docs as prove that her docs got to canada but friends and family in canada feel the UCI number and other info inside the PER letter should nit be disclosed to a 3rd party. house what do u think. sorry for the lenghty explanation.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
ANIMATION:
@damkollins @solomonwis and all in the house. need ur candid advice. My application for FSW got to CIO 20th oct 2014 one month after a close friiend of mine sent hers under same NOC 2281 category. hers was recieved 18th sept. I got PER letter Jan 20 but her documents were returned to her and the reason they gave was that her application was recieved after the CAP for NOC 2281 was 1000.this s obviiusly not tru cos I submited a month after her and as at oct 20th the NOC 2281 was still less than 800. the information inside my PER is confidential as noted in the disclamer in te bottom of the letter, but she has asked me to give her my UCI number to show that applicant whose enties arrived after hers got considered and given PER. she plans to use a lawyer. I want to allow her use the UCI and my other docs as prove that her docs got to canada but friends and family in canada feel the UCI number and other info inside the PER letter should nit be disclosed to a 3rd party. house what do u think. sorry for the lenghty explanation.

Hmmmm keep your UCI and let sleeping dogs lie

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Taiwoabo(f): 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
@ANIMATION

I will advice you to keep your UCI and application details out of the impending lawsuit your friend is planning. This is just playing safe on your own part. Wisdom is profitable to direct. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by deebsman1(m): 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
Taiwoabo:

Credit card, either VISA, DEBIT or Master card.

Thanks Taiwoabo, how can i use GTBanks naira mastercard?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ceosnave(m): 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hello @damkollins @solomonwis and to other contributors on this platform....
My application was received by the CIO on 24 Dec 2014 for NOC 2113 and till date I am yet to be debited. Is there need to contact the CIO or simply wait? Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Preston2012: 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]hello House, i just received a mail from ACCRA requesting for a bank draft or online payment receipt form for the addition of my new child. However there is no option for FSWP payment on the CIC online payment portal. Also the link sent to me for bank draft payment states :
•If you are paying in US dollars, the bank draft or certified cheque should be addressed to the Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on an American bank.

How can i raise a USD bank draft in nigeria that would be cleared on an American bank. @solomonwise & Damkollins... kindly assist
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
ceosnave:
Hello @damkollins @solomonwis and to other contributors on this platform....
My application was received by the CIO on 24 Dec 2014 for NOC 2113 and till date I am yet to be debited. Is there need to contact the CIO or simply wait? Thanks for your response.
same shoe here. geoscientist 2113. received dec29th. no update. waiting tinz...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princessayinke: 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
this is quite disheartening. Does this mean that those who submitted late december will probably have their applications returned because cap has been reached.
solomonwis:

Sadly,it looks like you are out of the FSWP race.

It's confusing though that your relative in Canada who works with CIC is giving you a false hope/assurance. You will need to gain reasonable assurance that your relative is giving you the information correctly.

As at the last check, the maximum number of 25,000 cap for 2014 FSWP has been reached.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
princessayinke:
this is quite disheartening. Does this mean that those who submitted late december will probably have their applications returned because cap has been reached.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 12, 2015
Hello Seniors in the house, I just asked for my employment reference letter from my previous employers, please who are they going to address the letter to? To CIC? please assist ASAP.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 12, 2015
hello everyone..pls I am in a bit of confusion...I jave done verification with wes and have 4yrs degree as my equivalent. .have also written ielts and made r8w6.5s6.5l8...I wrk in a finacial sector with 8 yrs wrk experince and will be 32yrs by may...now to my question..what is likely to be my points under the express entry as I tried to submit my profile last nyt and after succesful submission got a mail that I am not eligible. .although a friend told me people have been having this challenge and its a system error..now if it happens that its corrected how can I retrieve the submission and make another one?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by wolex8: 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
pls i need assistance i am never married wt 2 childen i hv my eca report,clb 7in ielts and 8yrs working experience in electrical engineering i wish to apply can i apply for express entry,i am 35yrs and wish to migrate with both kids.what finance wl i need to have to be eligible
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
Kindly forward to my email address femmy4u2000@yahoo.com the detailed requirements needed for Express Entry application. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yokus(f): 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
Pls how much is the payment of PR fee for adults and children, that they will ask us to pay with medicals.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sevule(m): 6:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
blueQueen:
Hello Seniors in the house, I just asked for my employment reference letter from my previous employers, please who are they going to address the letter to? To CIC? please assist ASAP.

Yes you should address it to CIC (not sure it really matters but it is best to be on the safe side.) I addressed my FSWP application last year to CIC

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.