Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (830317 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2015
shopaker:

Thanks for your quick response sir.

Am I already in the pool as I have created my profile? If you meet the requirements, you will placed into the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will get a message in your MyCIC account to let you know.

You will be given a score using a ranking system based on factors that have been shown to help immigrants prosper in Canada. The higher your score, the more likely you are to be invited to apply for permanent residence. There have been five draws to issue Invitations to Apply to candidates from the pool so far.

If you are accepted into the Express Entry pool, you should start getting any supporting documents you may need for your application for permanent residence. You could get an Invitation to Apply at any time.

What province can improve my chance ?am an accountant Accountants are needed in all provinces but you may consider Ontario where you have the financial capital of Canada, that is, Toronto
What is the minimum score point for me to be selected? The minimum score of the last draw on March 27 was 453. The minimum points have been dropping since the program began, the scores from earliest to latest are as follows; 886, 818, 808, 778, 481 and now 453.

Hi, see above, all the best smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2015
Blackbuddy:

Hi, see above, all the best smiley

Hmm,I see now i fully understand.

Thanks for taking your time to explain.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 5:58pm On Mar 30, 2015
Alhamdulilahi robil alameen, the long awaited MR arrived this morning @ 8.46am (US Eastern Time)
Salutations to my Ogas (Solomonwis and Damkollins)

My timeline is as follows:
My NOC is 2172
1. June 19, 2014 Submitted my application
2. Oct 16, 2014 Received my PER
3. I notified Accra of my change in residence (now studying and living in US)
4. March 18, 2015 (had a baby but I have not notified Accra as I just started processing her international passport)
5. March 30, 2015 - Received my medical request + request for police clearance from Nigeria which I earlier submitted with my application in June

Solomonwis and Damkollins, I need your advice once more. How do I go about this? Should we (myself, wife and son) proceed for our medical and wait for my new baby's passport to arrive so that we can send everything together to Accra. I am planning on submitting an application for the new baby tomorrow and I have been told it will take 2 weeks for expedited processing.

Secondly, I have been asked to produce a new PCC even though we submitted one with my application in June 2014. I have the photocopies with me. Should I ignore the request and attach the photocopies I have because I don't know how possible it is to get the PCC from Nigeria as I am currently in US.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bcolah(f): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2015
Thanks Solomonwise and pinchocreamy.

Please house who has an idea of the current charges for WES.
Want to do my hubby's evaluation.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:18pm On Mar 30, 2015
azeezbaba:
Alhamdulilahi robil alameen, the long awaited MR arrived this morning @ 8.46am (US Eastern Time)

My NOC is 2172
4. March 18, 2015 (had a baby but I have not notified Accra as I just started processing her international passport)
5. March 30, 2015 - Received my medical request + request for police clearance from Nigeria which I earlier submitted with my application in June

Solomonwis and Damkollins, I need your advice once more. How do I go about this? Should we (myself, wife and son) proceed for our medical and wait for my new baby's passport to arrive so that we can send everything together to Accra. I am planning on submitting an application for the new baby tomorrow and I have been told it will take 2 weeks for expedited processing.

Secondly, I have been asked to produce a new PCC even though we submitted one with my application in June 2014. I have the photocopies with me. Should I ignore the request and attach the photocopies I have because I don't know how possible it is to get the PCC from Nigeria as I am currently in US.

Thank you

Congratulations!

I am particularly happy as it doesn't appear you were asked to produce an updated bank statement despite your providing an RSA statement.

You need to process the international passport of your new born baby ASAP. In the meantime,please send a CSE to the visa office informing them of the new born baby. Between when they'd respond to you and when you'd forward documents to be requested by the visa office,you would have processed the passport for your baby. You should also go ahead for your medical examination as soon as possible within the time frame given.

For police clearance certificate,you cannot include photocopies. It must be original PCC. Do not ignore the request as this form an important premises with which your application will be processed. You can process your PCC even when you are outside Nigeria. All you need do is to complete the biometric data/finger print form for PCC and send it to a trusted person in Nigeria who would process and probably forward the document (including a copy of your bio data page and photograph) directly to your visa office.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princessayinke: 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2015
This one na wa ooooo. Some people are better ignored. Not worth it pulling strings with.
brightooooo:
my dear i have said a whole lot about my Nursing profession in here, i said i am a Registered Licensed Nurse and also a midwife, have also BNSC in Nursing here in Nigeria, i have also said that, the way WES is evaluating some peoples results and transcripts as CIC demanded for the EE program, NNAS is the one that is in charged of Nursing ECA, my dear i know where am coming from and i know where am going okay, you have not helped me in any way, do you really read well of what people wrote at all? before this EE came out this year Nurses have been traveling and settling in Canada, but what made me to ask this Question is how everyone in here is saying their visa office is in Ghana while Canada has an Embassy here in Nigeria, i wanted to know where one could apply for working visa, but i know ur lost about Nursing Profession and their body, so sorry for taking you too far of your level. i can see your Prof in this express entry only, but don't worry anymore Mr. thanks and God Bless
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2015
Thank you so much as always. You are right, I was not asked to produce an updated statement.

I have initiated the process for my baby's passport today, unfortunately, they don't do walk-in at the passport office in the state I reside. I have to make a phone call to schedule an appointment which I have already done. I have also scheduled an appointment for our medicals which will take place next week thursday.

solomonwis:

Congratulations!

I am particularly happy as it doesn't appear you were asked to produce an updated bank statement despite your providing an RSA statement.

You need to process the international passport of your new born baby ASAP. In the meantime,please send a CSE to the visa office informing them of the new born baby. Between when they'd respond to you and when you'd forward documents to be requested by the visa office,you would have processed the passport for your baby. You should also go ahead for your medical examination as soon as possible within the time frame given.

For police clearance certificate,you cannot include photocopies. It must be original PCC. Do not ignore the request as this form an important premises with which your application will be processed. You can process your PCC even when you are outside Nigeria. All you need do is to complete the biometric data/finger print form for PCC and send it to a trusted person in Nigeria who would process and probably forward the document (including a copy of your bio data page and photograph) directly to your visa office.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:38pm On Mar 30, 2015
brightooooo:
my dear i have said a whole lot about my Nursing profession in here, i said i am a Registered Licensed Nurse and also a midwife, have also BNSC in Nursing here in Nigeria, i have also said that, the way WES is evaluating some peoples results and transcripts as CIC demanded for the EE program, NNAS is the one that is in charged of Nursing ECA, my dear i know where am coming from and i know where am going okay, you have not helped me in any way, do you really read well of what people wrote at all? before this EE came out this year Nurses have been traveling and settling in Canada, but what made me to ask this Question is how everyone in here is saying their visa office is in Ghana while Canada has an Embassy here in Nigeria, i wanted to know where one could apply for working visa, but i know ur lost about Nursing Profession and their body, so sorry for taking you too far of your level. i can see your Prof in this express entry only, but don't worry anymore Mr. thanks and God Bless

Mr brightoooooo, try pedal softly.
Mr Solomonwise has been helpful to us, and even you.
He's way way vast and renders his opinions and advice, free of charge.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 12:10am On Mar 31, 2015
Thanks God Bless.
princessayinke:
This one na wa ooooo. Some people
are better ignored. Not worth it pulling strings with.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 12:14am On Mar 31, 2015
Thanks God Bless, for now election matter.
Meritl:

Mr brightoooooo, try pedal softly.
Mr Solomonwise has been helpful to us, and even you.
He's way way vast and renders his opinions and advice, free of charge.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:18am On Mar 31, 2015
azeezbaba:

My NOC is 2172

Thank you

solomonwis:

Congratulations!

azeezbaba:
Thank you so much as always. You are right, I was not asked to produce an updated statement.
I have initiated the process for my baby's passport today, unfortunately, they don't do walk-in at the passport office in the state I reside. I have to make a phone call to schedule an appointment which I have already done. I have also scheduled an appointment for our medicals which will take place next week thursday.
[b]Congrats....
So happy for you that your medical request came without complications.
Much of the advice has been given to you already.
For the PCC,since you have done it before,if you still have the electronic copy,send it to a trusted friend in Nigeria to help you take it to Alagbon for renewal...for same amount.If your passport has not been renew since then,its straight forward for the renewal.They already have your finger prints so they will just issue another certificate for you.If you have renewed your passport after the last one,make sure you include a photocopy of the new biodata page so that they can make changes to the previous passport number on the PCC.....you may also need to send passport photographs to be used on the renewed PCC.
The above processes are what I did for myself barely 7 months ago while outside the country and it worked perfectly so i suggest you do same too......Photocopies of PCC are not permitted to be submitted so please try and get your fingerprint sent as advised or do it my way.
I am not also too sure you can do your kid's medical without the international passport document as it seems they need to sight.If the process is not rigid,then you should be able to do it without it but if its a rigid process,you may have to wait until you get your kid's international passport before doing medical for him/her.
Wishing you the best.
Cheers.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 5:40am On Mar 31, 2015
@ Damkollins, thank you so much as always. I think I will do it your way. I sent you a PM.

damkollins:

Congrats....
So happy for you that your medical request came without complications.

The above processes are what I did for myself barely 7 months ago while outside the country and it worked perfectly so i suggest you do same too......Photocopies of PCC are not permitted to be submitted so please try and get your fingerprint sent as advised or do it my way.
I am not also too sure you can do your kid's medical without the international passport document as it seems they need to sight.If the process is not rigid,then you should be able to do it without it but if its a rigid process,you may have to wait until you get your kid's international passport before doing medical for him/her.
Wishing you the best.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lumzy1(m): 9:25am On Mar 31, 2015
Thanks.
JesusDWay:

The implication is that you should be prepared to pay so much money for school fees if you wanna go via school. Also, from what I've been seeing recently, seem getting a PR is easier via migration programmed like EE than wanting to use school to stay back there, the kind of visa you get after school is post graduate work permit which won't afford you access to what a permanent resident will enjoy. It also usually have expiry date and like a friend of mine, he had to register and paid like 6kdollars for another programme so he can keep extending the visa. Infact, seem it's harder for those who are already there to convert even via express entry, than those applying from outside Canada. If your goal of entering Canada is to later settle there, I may suggest you follow EE through and through cuz, even if you want to school there as a permanent resident, you pay same school fees as an home student however, I won't also discourage you from trying school but be ready to pay. Finally, there's not gonna be any clash or suspicion from the Canadian authorities, they are two separate stuffs and you won't penalized for anything I believe. For school, you apply through Canadian embassy in Nigeria but for migration, it goes to Ghana
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 10:00am On Mar 31, 2015
azeezbaba:

My NOC is 2172

Thank you

congrat friend

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Rebecks015: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2015
Hello All, @solomonwis and @ Damkollins

Please I still await for my results from WES, however if it does come.

Can I start swimming in the pool?

Note: My passport expires October 2015 or should I renew my passport or Is my passport information needed when I create my profile on EE.

I want to start swimming as soon as i get my WES results.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
Rebecks015:
Hello All, @solomonwis and @ Damkollins

Please I still await for my results from WES, however if it does come.

Can I start swimming in the pool? You can create your EE profile but you wont be able to proceed until you have your educational evaluation

Note: My passport expires October 2015 or should I renew my passport or Is my passport information needed when I create my profile on EE. It's advised that you get a passport which has more validity to avoid issues later however this does not stop you from creating an EE profile at this time

I want to start swimming as soon as i get my WES results.

Thanks.

Hi, see above smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by opilekzy: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
hello house, how do one go about the express entry application? do i need to write ielts test b4 applying? and whats d full meaning of WES? do i need my language test and certified by ECA b4 submitting my application? pls i need help from all the gurus on this thread. thank u.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2015
opilekzy:
hello house, how do one go about the express entry application? Please go through this link and the sub links within for comprehensive info on Express Entry, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp
do i need to write ielts test b4 applying? This is an important component of the application, you will need to get it done and score high marks before your application will be complete and accepted
and whats d full meaning of WES? World Education Services, Canada, one of the agencies approved by Centralised Intake Office, Canada for the evaluation of educational credentials
do i need my language test and certified by ECA b4 submitting my application? You can create an Express Entry applicant profile but both your ILETS test results and WES evaluation are key components of the application
pls i need help from all the gurus on this thread. thank u.

Hi, see above. All the best smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by opilekzy: 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2015
Blackbuddy:

Hi, see above. All the best smiley
thanks @Blackbuddy do u have an idea d cost of IELTS test and how do i get certified by WES?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2015
opilekzy:
thanks @Blackbuddy do u have an idea d cost of IELTS test IELTS cost can be checked here, http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/locations/nigeria

and how do i get certified by WES? Check at this link for how to use WES, http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/

Hi, see above. Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Rebecks015: 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2015
Blackbuddy:

Hi, see above smiley

Thanks so much @blackbuddy
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
oknee:
S

Smh.

Lol. @- My visa office
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Marlicque: 10:54am On Apr 01, 2015
Dear all.....
CC: Solomonwis, Damkollins

Guys, i urgently need your advice/suggestions for my Girlfriend, she got a mail from Accra yesterday. Saying that they are now completing her application for the permanent resident visa but she needs to provide Financials requirements necessary for a family of 1 (CAD$11,824), that's about 2Million Naira to show that she has enough money to support herself in Canada. And she needs to send an updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc in 30 days.

So, the problem now is that she doesn't have that kind of money in her account or fixed anywhere at the moment. But we can rise the money quickly from families and friends , but my fear is wont they be suspicious that she just went to borrow the money somewhere?

Please guys, from you experiences whats the best option to handle this..... because we are really confuse on what to do now.....

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
Marlicque:
Dear all.....
CC: Solomonwis, Damkollins

Guys, i urgently need your advice/suggestions for my Girlfriend, she got a mail from Accra yesterday. Saying that they are now completing her application for the permanent resident visa but she needs to provide Financials requirements necessary for a family of 1 (CAD$11,824), that's about 2Million Naira to show that she has enough money to support herself in Canada. And she needs to send an updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc in 30 days.

So, the problem now is that she doesn't have that kind of money in her account or fixed anywhere at the moment. But we can rise the money quickly from families and friends , but my fear is wont they be suspicious that she just went to borrow the money somewhere?

Please guys, from you experiences whats the best option to handle this..... because we are really confuse on what to do now.....

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi, you have already answered your question by highlighting the fact your girlfriend boxed herself into a corner by using her POF instead of keeping strictly for the purpose for which it is intended. Yes, we all have financial challenges and need funds for everyday living but the priority of the FSW application should be upper most in our minds so it's best to leave your POF jeje and solve your financial needs fro other sources until you get your PR visa. Since any bulk inflows or little but rapid credits into her bank account statement now will immediately arouse suspicion, I would suggest fixing the money immediately in fixed deposit and sending the FD certificate to AVO. It's not foolproof but it's what I can advise. Just back it up with prayers. Ofcourse, if anyone has a better solution, you're welcome to try it but take note, time is ticking. All the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
Congrats Azeezbaba, glad to hear the news.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
deoyel25:
Hello all,
I just started following this thread again yesterday. Even though I have done my WES and IELTS since last year, I decided to wait for the EE instead of FSWP. I just created my EE profile yesterday and I started swimming in the pool few minutes afterwards. I have been encouraged by all the contributors to this thread and I also want to render the little help I can. I have a very good IELTS material (which I used myself). Its The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers. All the audios for the listening tests and 17 sample videos from live speaking tests are included. You can PM me if you need the materials and I will send you the download link (1GB approximately). Its now your duty to find a way of downloading it. Cheers and goodluck to all.

Hello moderator,
I think it is better to create a dedicated thread for Express Entry. I can see that someone tried to achieve this in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2064942/canada-permanent-residency-express-entry but you redirected the individual to this thread, which is originally for FSWP. Since both FSWP and EE are entirely different, I think it is better all the information relating to each are placed in their respective threads.

Hi. I have sent you a PM> Please reply with the IELTS material. Thank you. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
Hello my good people.

Please i need your guide on this which is critical to me at this point.

NOC 1114
Encashment: CC
App rcvd: Dec 09, 2014

Based on the available info, i have called CIC (+16139444000) three times in the last 3 months. The recent call was made today and a guy responded. His response was that he can see my application on the system and that it was received on Dec 09, 2014 and aside that there is no other information available on the system. I pressed him to give further info or perhaps he should ask someone in the office what exactly is happening with my application. He could not give me info that is not in the system.

Please house, in this situation, what is the assumption and what step should i take in this case. I would be glad for a quick response.

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
unibadan:
Hello my good people.

Please i need your guide on this which is critical to me at this point.

NOC 1114
Encashment: CC
App rcvd: Dec 09, 2014

Based on the available info, i have called CIC (+16139444000) three times in the last 3 months. The recent call was made today and a guy responded. His response was that he can see my application on the system and that it was received on Dec 09, 2014 and aside that there is no other information available on the system. I pressed him to give further info or perhaps he should ask someone in the office what exactly is happening with my application. He could not give me info that is not in the system.

Please house, in this situation, what is the assumption and what step should i take in this case. I would be glad for a quick response.

Thank you all

Hi, you were rather fortunate that he even agreed to check the system and confirmed that your application was captured. Most times, they just tell people to send an email and end the call. Ofcourse, they take forever to reply the email (one week to six weeks if at all) and it's only to say your application is under review. You could try to get GCMS notes on your file but it takes about 6 weeks to get feedback and it may tell you the same thing you just found out on the phone!
I would say you should just relax and spend this time doing other stuff like researching more about Canadian certifications in your field of work, the province where you will live and generally how you can prepare for the road ahead. That's what I did and it worked out well smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
Hi all,
What if I have worked as a shop manager trainee and then as a sales manager. That's two different Nocs. How do I go about it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 7:21am On Apr 02, 2015
Moryn All,

I am tryin to complete my E.E profile. I have both bsc and an mba. But I only sent my mba to Wes for verification jst to save time. My question is dis;

- On the Education History part of E.E do I need to fill in only my Mba since I ll be needn Wes cert number or I should fill in my Bsc too as part of my education history. Note: I did not evaluate or send my Bsc cert for evaluation. Thanks a lot in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.