Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (830316 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 7:52am On Apr 02, 2015
ejirostephen:
Moryn All,

I am tryin to complete my E.E profile. I have both bsc and an mba. But I only sent my mba to Wes for verification jst to save time. My question is dis;

- On the Education History part of E.E do I need to fill in only my Mba since I ll be needn Wes cert number or I should fill in my Bsc too as part of my education history. Note: I did not evaluate or send my Bsc cert for evaluation. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi, you can fill in your B. Sc but you wont get any points for it since it was not evaluated.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2015
livepluslife:
Hi all,
What if I have worked as a shop manager trainee and then as a sales manager. That's two different Nocs. How do I go about it.

Hi, fill in both occupational classes but you can only indicate one on the basis of which your application will be assessed.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 8:15am On Apr 02, 2015
Blackbuddy:

Hi, you were rather fortunate that he even agreed to check the system and confirmed that your application was captured. Most times, they just tell people to send an email and end the call. Ofcourse, they take forever to reply the email (one week to six weeks if at all) and it's only to say your application is under review. You could try to get GCMS notes on your file but it takes about 6 weeks to get feedback and it may tell you the same thing you just found out on the phone!
I would say you should just relax and spend this time doing other stuff like researching more about Canadian certifications in your field of work, the province where you will live and generally how you can prepare for the road ahead. That's what I did and it worked out well smiley

Thank you and God bless!

How do i get GCMS notes on my file?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 9:44am On Apr 02, 2015
THNXX BLACKBUDDY, RESPONSE WELL APPRECIATED.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
JesusDWay:
http://www.opportunitiespei.ca/pnp/index.php3?number=1052516&lang=E/www.gov.pe.ca/forms/pdf/183Contact

Prince Edward Island has opened the preliminary stage for its PNP Express Entry stream. For now, all you can do is to fill a pdf form you will see when you click on that link above and send the filled form to - expressentry@gov.pe.ca, while you await the next step. Kindly note that it is expected that you are already in the EE pool and as such, you will be required to fill in your EE Profile number and Job seeker validation code. The upside to this is that, if you are selected, you get an additional 600points which should significantly boost your chances of being invited to apply for Permanent Residency(infact, its almost sure you will asked to apply for Permanent Residency). However juicy that may sound, you may need to research about the province and determine if you are willing to live there(if they nominate you and you accept, you will have to stay there for 3years before you can move somewhere else).

Wish us the best!

I tried filling the PEI form but im being asked about my Valid Express Entry Profile ID and Job Seeker Validation Code. What are theses and how can i get these codes? Pls reply.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
yomifowe:

I tried filling the PEI form but im being asked about my Valid Express Entry Profile ID and Job Seeker Validation Code. What are theses and how can i get these codes? Pls reply.

Thank you.

Asking this question suggests you possibly haven't started the process. Your Valid Express Entry Profile ID and Job Seeker Validation Code are the numbers you get after successfully registering for express entry. Kindly visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp to find out how to go about it
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
livepluslife:
Hi all,
What if I have worked as a shop manager trainee and then as a sales manager. That's two different Nocs. How do I go about it.

It doesn't matter, quote the the two NOCs and the period you were employed for the two as long as they fall under the acceptable Skill level O or type A or B. Express Entry is not restricted to certain list of occupations like the old FSW as long as the profession falls under those skill level or type
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2015
JesusDWay:

Asking this question suggests you possibly haven't started the process. Your Valid Express Entry Profile ID and Job Seeker Validation Code are the numbers you get after successfully registering for express entry. Kindly visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp to find out how to go about it

I registered. This is the mail i was sent after registering. It didnt contain any validation email

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
JesusDWay:

I registered. This is the mail i was sent after registering. It didnt contain any validation code

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Marlicque: 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
Blackbuddy:

Hi, you have already answered your question by highlighting the fact your girlfriend boxed herself into a corner by using her POF instead of keeping strictly for the purpose for which it is intended. Yes, we all have financial challenges and need funds for everyday living but the priority of the FSW application should be upper most in our minds so it's best to leave your POF jeje and solve your financial needs fro other sources until you get your PR visa. Since any bulk inflows or little but rapid credits into her bank account statement now will immediately arouse suspicion, I would suggest fixing the money immediately in fixed deposit and sending the FD certificate to AVO. It's not foolproof but it's what I can advise. Just back it up with prayers. Ofcourse, if anyone has a better solution, you're welcome to try it but take note, time is ticking. All the best.

Thanks so much bro! i will really appreciate. That's exactly what we decided on now..........As it stands now, it a 50-50 chance. And we are hoping on God for the best. Thanks once again!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 4:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
@ JesusDWay,

This is the message i got.

donotreply@cic.gc.ca
To me Today at 12:37 PM
MyCIC E-mail Notification

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: yomi_fowe@yahoo.com.
If this message does not concern you, discard it.

You have a new message(s) in your MyCIC account.
To view your message, log into MyCIC.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
@ JesusDWay,

No code was sent with the message. What should i do pls
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Blackbuddy:

Hi, fill in both occupational classes but you can only indicate one on the basis of which your application will be assessed.

Thanks Blackbuddy. I'd like to be assessed on my current job as a marketing/sales manager. My only
problem is I just got the job just 5mths ago. Though during my Nysc, I worked as a marketing staff with NTA. I can get a ref letter for that . Do you think i can pass for a marketing/sales manager?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
yomifowe:
@ JesusDWay,

No code was sent with the message. What should i do pls

If the message was just sent to you today, it means you just did the registration. Anyway, log in to your MyCIC Account as instructed in the email. When you have been able to log in to your account, scroll down and you will see where you can click that will download a pdf document in which you will find the message they want to pass across to you. There you will know whether you have been accepted into the EE pool or not. If you are accepted, that pdf message will also contain those two codes you are looking for tho, if the Express Entry Number would have already been generated, you will see it beside the account you created.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
JesusDWay:

If the message was just sent to you today, it means you just did the registration. Anyway, log in to your MyCIC Account as instructed in the email. When you have been able to log in to your account, scroll down and you will see where you can click that will download a pdf document in which you will find the message they want to pass across to you. There you will know whether you have been accepted into the EE pool or not. If you are accepted, that pdf message will also contain those two codes you are looking for tho, if the Express Entry Number would have already been generated, you will see it beside the account you created.

There is no PDF in the update, only my score and i discovered that i have not received a mail from cic, like 'welcome to Express entry'. My status is only showing 'submitted'
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 7:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
Pls advice
I'd like to be assessed on my current job as a marketing/sales manager. My only
problem is I just got the job just 5mths ago. Though during my Nysc, I worked as a marketing staff with NTA. I can get a ref letter for that . Do you think i can pass for a marketing/sales manager Noc? Though I have a 5 yes experience in retail sales. Marketing manager is more professional :
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
livepluslife:
Pls advice
I'd like to be assessed on my current job as a marketing/sales manager. My only
problem is I just got the job just 5mths ago. Though during my Nysc, I worked as a marketing staff with NTA. I can get a ref letter for that . Do you think i can pass for a marketing/sales manager Noc? Though I have a 5 yes experience in retail sales. Marketing manager is more professional :

You have said it yourself, you need at least 1 year full time work experience in an eligible NOC to be considered. If you can get an employment reference letter that says you worked as marketing/sales manager for at least a year, you're good to go.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
Thanks black buddy.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
JesusDWay:

Thank you. I have received the mail containing the PDF and codes i need.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by MostBlessed: 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
Greetings Solomonwis and JesusDway,

I stumbled across this forum and really appreciate the good job you guys are doing over here!!
I am about filling in for the EE, but I want your opinion on this;
I am currently single and an MSc Holder, and will soon be getting married to an undergraduate but I don't know how my future spouse's educational status will affect my CRS even as she doesn't intend to travel to Canada with me.

kindly enlighten me on what effects I should expect on the CRS?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:36am On Apr 04, 2015
MostBlessed:
Greetings Solomonwis and JesusDway,

I stumbled across this forum and really appreciate the good job you guys are doing over here!!
I am about filling in for the EE, but I want your opinion on this;
I am currently single and an MSc Holder, and will soon be getting married to an undergraduate but I don't know how my future spouse's educational status will affect my CRS even as she doesn't intend to travel to Canada with me.

kindly enlighten me on what effects I should expect on the CRS?

You are not married and your relationship can't be counted for a common law union therefore, you can only apply as a single with just your own details, she can't feature presently. If you however get married during the course of getting the PR, you will only need to notify CIC. It's even better this way cuz if you include her, your points are likely to drop. Meanwhile, I hope you have evaluated your qualification and not just rely on the fact that you have Msc, it's not useful on EE until the evaluation has been done and it's equivalent of a Canadian masters
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by MostBlessed: 6:55am On Apr 04, 2015
Thanks a lot JesusDway for your prompt response.

Yes, I have started the evaluation process, waiting for my transcript to be sent to WES.

God bless you!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ceosnave(m): 10:19am On Apr 04, 2015
Good morning all,
My application was received by the CIO on December 24, 2014 and signed for by a person named "Dan". Till date, i haven't been debited nor application returned. Is it ok if i contact CIO or CIC to enquire about my application? If yes, can someone kindly provide me with their contact phone number(s) and/or email address(es).
Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
MostBlessed:
Thanks a lot JesusDway for your prompt response.

Yes, I have started the evaluation process, waiting for my transcript to be sent to WES.

God bless you!!

I will advise you don't wait for school to send your transcripts to WES, try look for someone who can help you collect it and give it to you while you send by courier, waiting for school can be a long thing as most Nigerian schools aren't known for promptness. Besides, I will also advise that you ask your school to provide an email which WES can contact for verification of your transcript. The verification process will be faster that way and reduce the period the it will take for the evaluation to be ready. If however your school doesn't provide for that, try and have an insider that can help monitor when WES will send for verification and as school responds, they can get it for you by hand so you send it yourself asap, waiting for school like I said might be long thing.

Expediting needed processes at this time may be expedient as i learnt there will be 15 draws for the EE this year(not totally sure but I saw something related), and six has already being done with an interval of at most 3 weeks(others have been 2 weeks). Therefore, it might be good to enter the pool asap for anyone who is interested in the scheme.

Finally, even if your wife to be doesn't want to follow you to Canada, it might be good for her to get the PR, will be easier for her to visit without needing go through the hassles of visa(not very sure how this works though but if it's possible, I think it's a good idea).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
ceosnave:
Good morning all,
My application was received by the CIO on December 24, 2014 and signed for by a person named "Dan". Till date, i haven't been debited nor application returned. Is it ok if i contact CIO or CIC to enquire about my application? If yes, can someone kindly provide me with their contact phone number(s) and/or email address(es).
Thanks for your prompt response.
+16139444000
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ceosnave(m): 4:45am On Apr 05, 2015
@tola73...many thanks...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by MostBlessed: 5:01am On Apr 05, 2015
JesusDWay:

I will advise you don't wait for school to send your transcripts to WES, try look for someone who can help you collect it and give it to you while you send by courier, waiting for school can be a long thing as most Nigerian schools aren't known for promptness. Besides, I will also advise that you ask your school to provide an email which WES can contact for verification of your transcript. The verification process will be faster that way and reduce the period the it will take for the evaluation to be ready. If however your school doesn't provide for that, try and have an insider that can help monitor when WES will send for verification and as school responds, they can get it for you by hand so you send it yourself asap, waiting for school like I said might be long thing.
Expediting needed processes at this time may be expedient as i learnt there will be 15 draws for the EE this year(not totally sure but I saw something related), and six has already being done with an interval of at most 3 weeks(others have been 2 weeks). Therefore, it might be good to enter the pool asap for anyone who is interested in the scheme.
Finally, even if your wife to be doesn't want to follow you to Canada, it might be good for her to get the PR, will be easier for her to visit without needing go through the hassles of visa(not very sure how this works though but if it's possible, I think it's a good idea).

Thanks. JesusDway, I'll do just that ASAP
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 5:43am On Apr 05, 2015
Happy easter JesusDWay/Solomonwise and oda Apc members...lol.
WES sent fotocopies of my credentials to my schl Lautech for verificatn since 17th of march and I was written. But, my contact at d schl (secretary to d dean pg schl) confirmed to me shes yet to see anythn of such last week. The transcript was sent by d pg schl and d Wes transcript request form was properly completed wt email and oda details b4 sendin. It was received by Wes. Now whyle folowin up on my contact, I ve also written Wes to avail me possible hint / clue (email, tracking number, postal address, addressee) or jst any info dt wld guide me in knowin d current location of d documents. I also pleaded wt dem to lemme knw if hard copies or soft copies were sent. To this end I ve also written the pgschl / registrar if my documents ve been spotted but no response yet.
17th of March to date is alredy abt 3 weeks.
1. Am I on d right track? or is dere anythin I nd to do dt I nt doing? Bearing in mind dt am in close touch wt my contact all d time

Tnx guys and happy easter once again.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cerezo: 7:34am On Apr 05, 2015
ejirostephen:
Happy easter JesusDWay/Solomonwise and oda Apc members...lol.
WES sent fotocopies of my credentials to my schl Lautech for verificatn since 17th of march and I was written. But, my contact at d schl (secretary to d dean pg schl) confirmed to me shes yet to see anythn of such last week. The transcript was sent by d pg schl and d Wes transcript request form was properly completed wt email and oda details b4 sendin. It was received by Wes. Now whyle folowin up on my contact, I ve also written Wes to avail me possible hint / clue (email, tracking number, postal address, addressee) or jst any info dt wld guide me in knowin d current location of d documents. I also pleaded wt dem to lemme knw if hard copies or soft copies were sent. To this end I ve also written the pgschl / registrar if my documents ve been spotted but no response yet.
17th of March to date is alredy abt 3 weeks.
1. Am I on d right track? or is dere anythin I nd to do dt I nt doing? Bearing in mind dt am in close touch wt my contact all d time

Tnx guys and happy easter once again.

You are on the right track. Most times wes sends this verification to the Registrar's email (office if hard copy). Due to our poor attitude to prompt response from this part of the world, it may lie in there for weeks. I'll advice you work with your existing contact, he/she should be able to approach a colleague in the Registry to help follow up with the Registrar. My 2kobo though my experience was with FUNAAB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 10:14am On Apr 05, 2015
cerezo:

You are on the right track. Most times wes sends this verification to the Registrar's email (office if hard copy). Due to our poor attitude to prompt response from this part of the world, it may lie in there for weeks. I'll advice you work with your existing contact, he/she should be able to approach a colleague in the Registry to help follow up with the Registrar. My 2kobo though my experience was with FUNAAB

Thankz Cerezo, its unfortunate in dis part of d world. Would intensify follow up bro....tnx a lot.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
Anybody has idea of the month AVO is treating presently

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.