Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828923 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by OGBLANKA(m): 8:51am On Jun 05, 2015
pls kindly send me the IELTS Material: ogbmartso@yahoo.de
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 10:25am On Jun 05, 2015
Pls can someone tell me if I am qualified for this ee. I am a medical doctor, I was planning to apply for the fswp last year but unfortunately I send my credientials to Medical council of Canada last year for evaluation of my credentials and there was soo much delay until the programme closed in April that I couldn't make it but my ECA just got ready now and will be sent from canada soon. Is my ECA still useful anymore ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 05, 2015
ECA is valid for 5years
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tribeD: 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
zandora:

No it definitely won't affect your eligibility. Put yes for Master's and no for the others. That's what I did and I've submitted my application. Regards.
Thanks Zandora for your feedback.
I had 8.0 overall and my wife had 7.5 overall in IELTS. She just applied to WES last week to have her ECA done. Is waiting for for her ECA gonna improve my points or just her IELTS is okay
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 12:27am On Jun 06, 2015
tribeD:

Thanks Zandora for your feedback.
I had 8.0 overall and my wife had 7.5 overall in IELTS. She just applied to WES last week to have her ECA done. Is waiting for for her ECA gonna improve my points or just her IELTS is okay

Yes it will increase your CRS score by a maximum of 10 points depending on her level of education. Please see the link below for the full CRS ranking criteria

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hi jasmine21 you can asked your question here instead of student thread smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by apajetura: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
hello guys, i received this message from cic "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information" BUT upon openning my account there was no message. Any idea?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2015
i got the same email, but saw no message in mycic or change in status of application

apajetura:
hello guys, i received this message from cic "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information" BUT upon openning my account there was no message. Any idea?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jasmine21(f): 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
Preciousstones:
Hi jasmine21 you can asked your question here instead of student thread smiley

Thanks a lot smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by MostBlessed: 2:03am On Jun 07, 2015
olabokey:

..Congrats broda... you may find this link helpful. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html#display. And Please do not waste time, apply sharp sharp. Ontario is the socio-economic hub of Canada. There is a lot of job opportunities. And it's a home away from home. Naija boku there. By the way, please what's your current CRS score?

Thanks Olabokey,
My current CRS is 400, and I am still contemplating applying to Ontario PNP.
I believe to get PNP nominees, profiles are screened based on the available job opportunities in the provinces
My concerns are; I am a Petroleum Engineer and I don't think there are lots of petroleum jobs in Ontario and I fear this will not be in my favor as I will be screened against other candidates with better suited professions

Would love to get advice from the ancestors on such a decision
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 1soul(m): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2015
Good day house, Please i am a Btech. Urban and Regional Planning graduate buthave been working with a bank for 2yrs now. What is my chances if i want to take advantage of this opportunity for migration? Advice seriously needed before i start the process.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 11:38am On Jun 07, 2015
MostBlessed:

Thanks Olabokey,
I believe to get PNP nominees, profiles are screened based on the available job opportunities in the provinces
My concerns are; I am a Petroleum Engineer and I don't think there are lots of petroleum jobs in Ontario and I fear this will not be in my favor as I will be screened against other candidates with better suited professions

Please help me understand one thing.

A province went through your profile in the Express Entree pool, saw you fit as a candidate and advised you to apply to their province.

And you are delaying because of other candidates that you may or may not be more qualified than

Guy do your part and apply.. Do you know how many people are praying for that PT you received?

No let me flog you from here with koboko o! Lol

Seriously though, what have you got to lose?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
mozo:

Please help me understand one thing.
A province went through your profile in the Express Entree pool, saw you fit as a candidate and advised you to apply to their province.
And you are delaying because of other candidates that you may or may not be more qualified than
Guy do your part and apply.. Do you know how many people are praying for that PT you received?
No let me flog you from here with koboko o! Lol
Seriously though, what have you got to lose?

His concerns are justified actually. In my opinion, Ontario chose to make the process of their EE PNP less cumbersome by choosing all those with 400 and above to apply and has also stipulated an application fee of 1500CDN, apart from the RPRF of 490, which is highly unprecedented. Those criteria has helped eliminated lot of potential applicants. Now, the slots are limited and they may possibly shortlist those whose professions are in-demand in the province hence, his concerns. Imagine throwing away 1500dollars at the end of the day, plus the potential disadvantage applying to a PNP seems to have when you are applying to another province as some like MPNP will give you a lesser chance if you indicated you have applied to another province.

My advice is for him to check Saskatchewan's new list of occupation in-demand, he might be better suited for that and i'm almost certain they wont ask for money or at best, not like that kind of huge amount like Ontario. Guess Ontario want's to copy Australia with this money thing
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2015
JesusDWay:

His concerns are justified actually. In my opinion, Ontario chose to make the process of their EE PNP less cumbersome by choosing all those with 400 and above to apply and has also stipulated an application fee of 1500CDN, apart from the RPRF of 490, which is highly unprecedented. Those criteria has helped eliminated lot of potential applicants. Now, the slots are limited and they may possibly shortlist those whose professions are in-demand in the province hence, his concerns. Imagine throwing away 1500dollars at the end of the day, plus the potential disadvantage applying to a PNP seems to have when you are applying to another province as some like MPNP will give you a lesser chance if you indicated you have applied to another province.

My advice is for him to check Saskatchewan's new list of occupation in-demand, he might be better suited for that and i'm almost certain they wont ask for money or at best, not like that kind of huge amount like Ontario. Guess Ontario want's to copy Australia with this money thing

Oh I see. Well, in the light of those details not mentioned earlier (1500CD) Which by all reasonable standards is outrageous, compared to other provinces.

I would stay keep the Ontario door open and use as a possible last resort (you have like 40 days now to make a decision on it) explore other provinces or rather exhaust them, especially those that will be opening soon (British Columbia). That's my opinion anyway.

I guess Ontario is their own center of excellence over there, hence the crazy app fee.

All the Best tho.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Julietdanny: 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
Thanks a lot dear, this is a great help to me. And I hope that one day I will be able to help those who do need me
mozo:

The EE program is all about the total points you can obtain,which will qualify you to be considered.. Hence madam, you need all the points you can get... 6.5 isn't a bad score, and it's not that good either. If you can find other means of adding to your points (Provincial Nominee, getting a job over there) that'll be great, if you have the luxury of taking the test again and improving on your previous score, that'll be great as well.

Now if you apply as a single mother, it might boost your score, it might be real tacky and complicated.. although am not sure if you mean you'll say your not married, but bear in mind those cic guys are smart sha

For now,try and boost your points via other means.. just my two cents
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by olabokey: 8:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
MostBlessed:

Thanks Olabokey,

I deeply share in your pathetic concern. And having read both JesusDWay and Mozo beautiful point of views, I may be biased in my own suggestion because of my unyielding approach to solving problem. I have used it several times and it has been working for me. I have always believed in finding a solution to a faulty situation but not scraping it for a new way out.

Although, you can still wait till the tail end of the given period, my suggestion is, go ahead and apply.

The fact that Ontario is most generous of all the provinces, you have got a good chance of getting the PNP.

Understandably, you studied PE, however, you can still have your references reflect job description for a related program such as Biotechnology, chemical engineering e.t.c These are greatly demanded in Ontario. To prove my points, there are industries and schools in Ontario that have opportunities in these areas, though not as in high demand as they are in the Western part of Canada. You can check the job search boards e.g indeed.ca to see some related high demand jobs in Ontario to customize your references.
Be warned, the Ontario PNP (Express Entry) may get tougher has time goes on. This is an opportunity.

Above all, you need a strong faith!

Once again, congrats and I wish you good luck my brother, hopefully we get to see… smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by MostBlessed: 9:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
olabokey:

I deeply share in your pathetic concern. And having read both JesusDWay and Mozo beautiful point of views, I may be biased in my own suggestion because of my unyielding approach to solving problem. I have used it several times and it has been working for me. I have always believed in finding a solution to a faulty situation but not scraping it for a new way out.

Although, you can still wait till the tail end of the given period, my suggestion is, go ahead and apply.

The fact that Ontario is most generous of all the provinces, you have got a good chance of getting the PNP.

Understandably, you studied PE, however, you can still have your references reflect job description for a related program such as Biotechnology, chemical engineering e.t.c These are greatly demanded in Ontario. To prove my points, there are industries and schools in Ontario that have opportunities in these areas, though not as in high demand as they are in the Western part of Canada. You can check the job search boards e.g indeed.ca to see some related high demand jobs in Ontario to customize your references.
Be warned, the Ontario PNP (Express Entry) may get tougher has time goes on. This is an opportunity.

Above all, you need a strong faith!

Once again, congrats and I wish you good luck my brother, hopefully we get to see… smiley

Thanks a lot Olabokey.....Amen, looking forward to see you in Canada!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by MostBlessed: 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
JesusDWay:

Thanks Jesusdway for this detailed analysis......I really appreciate your advice as I believe Saskatchewan, Alberta or British Columbia will be my best bets. God bless!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hello house

my status on wes for d past 2wks is 'awaiting verification from insitution', and my school said they are yet to receive it.
pls I'd like 2ask ow long it will take for my docs 2get to my school.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by flgd: 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hello House,

I thinking of applying for the Expess Entry using an agent (canreach) as am quite busy.

I would like anyone who has used CANREACH to give a view on them and also advice if this is advisable and what the rate of success is?

Am a seasoned professional in one of the financial institution and my wife is also well qualified.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lumzy1(m): 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I submitted my application into the express entry pool last week and my overall CRS is 384. I would want to ask for advice on what I can do to further increase my score. I am a Petroleum Geologist by profession with five years experience in upstream industry. Which province is open at the moment that accept geologist or which will open soon? Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 08, 2015
My able ancestors..........gosh I missed u guys o
I lost my fone o so I don't come online that much.

I would like to know if one is tied to a province for life if nominated or for a period of time.

JesusDway, Mozo, Zandora.......where did ancestor solomonWis disappear to by the way.

ok.........anticipating your response grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lucky12g: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
Lucky12g:

Hi Flgd , i just checked them online too, anybody knows anything about them ? @JesusDway

I'll suggest you apply yourself.
There's no extra benefit using an agent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
Kirri:

My able ancestors..........gosh I missed u guys o
I lost my fone o so I don't come online that much.

I would like to know if one is tied to a province for life if nominated or for a period of time.

JesusDway, Mozo, Zandora.......where did ancestor solomonWis disappear to by the way.

ok.........anticipating your response grin

No you don't have to stay in any province for life however each province has a time period in which you must be physically present. For example if you get nominated by Ontario you must be physically present in Ontario for 1 out of 2 years. Please see link below for the different provincial requirements:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
lumzy1:
Hello Everyone,

I submitted my application into the express entry pool last week and my overall CRS is 384. I would want to ask for advice on what I can do to further increase my score. I am a Petroleum Geologist by profession with five years experience in upstream industry. Which province is open at the moment that accept geologist or which will open soon? Thank you

Ontario is open at the moment but they won't take you because you need to score a minimum of 400 to be considered. Alberta would have been your best get as that's where the oil is and seeing as you're a Geologist however due to the slump in oil prices it's uncertain if they'll open nominations soon. I think Saskatchewan is still open but I'm not too sure. Check out the link below, it's very helpful.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
Canada is a great country. I Love canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by justwise(m): 12:23am On Jun 09, 2015
flgd:
Hello House,

I thinking of applying for the Expess Entry using an agent (canreach) as am quite busy.

I would like anyone who has used CANREACH to give a view on them and also advice if this is advisable and what the rate of success is?

Am a seasoned professional in one of the financial institution and my wife is also well qualified.

Thanks

We don't promote or endorse any agent in this section. We encourage DIY, if you want to use agents then good luck but we will not waste pages here promoting one.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:02am On Jun 09, 2015
Please house,what month is AVO currently processing for fswp 2014?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lucky12g: 11:23am On Jun 09, 2015
Hello house,
i have been trying to register on WES for fedral skilled workers, but which option will i choose either CIC or ECA ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lucky12............Its obvious u're yet to understand the system,
Pls visit cic website and read through for better understanding also ask questions on this thread as our ancestors are there to guide your path on this journey to the promised land. cool
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bissiejoe: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hello people,
How is duration of work experience counted? For instance I worked from August 2012 to October 2014, is it two years and three months if I count by months or 3 years when I count only the years.
Awaiting a response.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.