Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,286 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828874 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
Meritl:
Hello House.
I've got some good news but no related to the FSWP.
I recently secured funding for a Master's program in the UK, to start September 2015.

Please I need to know the right time to inform Accra VO.
From my estimates, I should be receiving request for medicals in the month of August or September (October applicant), so I'm trying not to prolong my process time.

Damkollins and Solowise, its been awhile.
Congrats on the funding secured....
Meanwhile,its better your program commence before informing them.
Once you have a change in address/employment/status,then you can forge ahead in informing them.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 222rayo(f): 7:56am On Jun 14, 2015
Hello all, please is it possible to apply for more than one province, will we apply seprately for the provincial nomination. I am just starting with my husband. Our IELTS result is also out, he had listening 6.5, reading 6.0, writing 7.0, speaking 6.5. And mine listening 6.0, reading 5.5, writing 6.5, speaking 6.5. Please my bosses kindly help, is our result good enough?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by henryosas(m): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
222rayo:
Hello all, please is it possible to apply for more than one province, will we apply seprately for the provincial nomination. I am just starting with my husband. Our IELTS result is also out, he had listening 6.5, reading 6.0, writing 7.0, speaking 6.5. And mine listening 6.0, reading 5.5, writing 6.5, speaking 6.5. Please my bosses kindly help, is our result good enough?
your husband's result is better,however having a higher score would had been preferable,let him apply all thesame
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
222rayo:

Your husband can apply but you can't because you haven't met the minimum requirements for IELTS as you've scored 5.5 in Reading. You need to score a minimum of 6 in all bands to qualify.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
@henryosas,

Many thanks for sharing.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pampem: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
zandora:

Your husband can apply but you can't because you haven't met the minimum requirements for IELTS as you've scored 5.5 in Reading. You need to score a minimum of 6 in all bands to qualify.

Hello zandora,

Please assist, I am a banker 5years experience , not a manager but in operations( a 3rd level), what job type do I fall in? I have checked for banking but realised banking is usually with other types of financial jobs and am just seeing manager, banking operations! Manager this, manager that. Kindly assist on how to locate d skill type I fall in (NOC). I have done evaluation with wes already and got ietls. Level of education( Masters)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
damkollins:

Congrats on the funding secured....
Meanwhile,its better your program commence before informing them.
Once you have a change in address/employment/status,then you can forge ahead in informing them.
Cheers

Thanks chief Damkollins.
I just hope the process will not delay further because of my movement.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
pampem:

Hello zandora,

Please assist, I am a banker 5years experience , not a manager but in operations( a 3rd level), what job type do I fall in? I have checked for banking but realised banking is usually with other types of financial jobs and am just seeing manager, banking operations! Manager this, manager that. Kindly assist on how to locate d skill type I fall in (NOC). I have done evaluation with wes already and got ietls. Level of education( Masters)

You can't just be a banker in operations, what exactly does your job entail? The NOC code you choose is determined by your job duties. For example if you work in a bank and supervise payments etc then you'll fall under code 1212 or if you work in claims in a bank like me then you'll fall under code 1312 and so it goes. Remember they don't care about your job title but your job duties and responsibilities.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pampem: 8:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
zandora:

You can't just be a banker in operations, what exactly does your job entail? The NOC code you choose is determined by your job duties. For example if you work in a bank and supervise payments etc then you'll fall under code 1212 or if you work in claims in a bank like me then you'll fall under code 1312 and so it goes. Remember they don't care about your job title but your job duties and responsibilities.

Thanks for the prompt response. I am in e-banking operations (intl' settlement officer) chargebacks(claims), not insurance claims but refunds is part of my jd. What category best describes this
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
pampem:

Thanks for the prompt response. I am in e-banking operations (intl' settlement officer) chargebacks(claims), not insurance claims but refunds is part of my jd. What category best describes this

You may need to pen down your jd in an itemised form(I suggest it should be under all positions you have held) and then type in the job titles in the NOC search engine, it should bring out similar positions with their respective NOCs, then check their details to see which is best similar to the details of your own job titles.

Hope this helps. Moreover, like someone advised you earlier, the similarity of the details is what they want cuz, that's what they will be able to relate with and, it should be like that on the letter you will obtain from your office as your proof of employment. If you however still have difficulties, you may either share the jd here or pm your fellow banker who had earlier responded to your enquiry, it might make things faster.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Momoluwa: 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dear All,

I had just wrapped my head around the idea of leaving the country, Series of events which got me thinking of the kind of future I want for my self and my family.

I'm 29, Married with two kids, I have a good Job, I work with one of the Big 4 audit firms, have been working for close to 6 years. My hubby also is not doing badly. BUT I need to leave this country, not for me but for the sake of my children.

Here goes my Credentials

HND- Accounting Upper credit
ACA- ICAN
ACCA- Wrote the last 2 papers in June and hoping to scale it.

Several soft skill training on the job
Very good audit and accounting knowledge.

Am I eligible to apply?
DO I stand a chance?

I have read some ....on the CDIC site, Raising the required finance for a family of 4 would not be difficult, I just need to know if I stand a chance of making it through.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
You stand a good chance. Go register for your IELTS and ensure you score highest(its a big determiner of your CRS score eventually) and send your HND transcripts to WES for evaluation. You may encourage your spouse to do IELTS and qualification evaluation as well, it can add an additional 40points to your overall score.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pampem: 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
JesusDWay:

You may need to pen down your jd in an itemised form(I suggest it should be under all positions you have held) and then type in the job titles in the NOC search engine, it should bring out similar positions with their respective NOCs, then check their details to see which is best similar to the details of your own job titles.

Hope this helps. Moreover, like someone advised you earlier, the similarity of the details is what they want cuz, that's what they will be able to relate with and, it should be like that on the letter you will obtain from your office as your proof of employment. If you however still have difficulties, you may either share the jd here or pm your fellow banker who had earlier responded to your enquiry, it might make things faster.
Thanks a lot. Will sure do
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pampem: 7:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
Momoluwa:
Dear All,

I had just wrapped my head around the idea of leaving the country, Series of events which got me thinking of the kind of future I want for my self and my family.

I'm 29, Married with two kids, I have a good Job, I work with one of the Big 4 audit firms, have been working for close to 6 years. My hubby also is not doing badly. BUT I need to leave this country, not for me but for the sake of my children.

Here goes my Credentials

ACA- ICAN

Am I eligible to apply?
DO I stand a chance?

I have read some ....on the CDIC site, Raising the required finance for a family of 4 would not be difficult, I just need to know if I stand a chance of making it through.
Yes you do. You need to write IELTS and evaluate your credentials
I advice you read up about the express entry online, also go through the last few pages of the thread, you'l find lots of information about the program and you'l also learn from people's experiences.
All the best
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DebsMed: 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
Greetings all!

Please, can I source info about PNP here on behalf of somebody?

If yes, a quick one then for starters.... One who has processed to the level of having even done his medicals, is asked to submit his child and wife's passport and all that, will the wife then be required to go do another passport being that the one she has currently is on her maiden name?

Thanks for referral or/and your guidance if any here. Great week ahead and much appreciation!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
Good Day Gurus in the House,

Please, I will like to know if I can starts my EE application. I and my wife has done the IELTS(L 7.0, R 6.0, W 7.0, S 7.0 and L 7.0, R 6.5, W 6.5 S 6.0) respectively. I have sent my transcript for evaluation and verification to WES, but yet to be verified. Likewise, my wife is just sending her transcript to WES for verification as well.

Do I need to send any other certificates like my professional certificates for evaluation to WES. is it necessary ?

Also, must I wait for all verification of results to be done before applying to EE or I can go ahead and starts ?

Please, help me out.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
matmat:

Please, I will like to know if I can starts my EE application. I and my wife has done the IELTS(L 7.0, R 6.0, W 7.0, S 7.0 and L 7.0, R 6.5, W 6.5 S 6.0) respectively. I have sent my transcript for evaluation and verification to WES, but yet to be verified. Likewise, my wife is just sending her transcript to WES for verification as well.

Do I need to send any other certificates like my professional certificates for evaluation to WES. is it necessary ?

Also, must I wait for all verification of results to be done before applying to EE or I can go ahead and starts ?

Please, help me out.

Thank you
hi,
Please what IELTS material did u prepare with?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
matmat:

Please, help me out.

Thank you

Yes you do need to wait for your IELTS and ECA before you can submit your profile as you'll need the reference numbers on the documents.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Thank you for your swift response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 10:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
Thank you for your swift response. Please, is it possible to apply for 2 provinces and also EE at the same time. Will the applicant be penalized. What is your advice on this cos I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.... Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
Most of the materials was downloaded from IELTSBUDDY and YOUTUBE. Go to google and search for each module practice questions and answers. That was what I used. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
DebsMed:
Greetings all!

If yes, a quick one then for starters.... One who has processed to the level of having even done his medicals, is asked to submit his child and wife's passport and all that, will the wife then be required to go do another passport being that the one she has currently is on her maiden name?

Thanks for referral or/and your guidance if any here. Great week ahead and much appreciation!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
DebsMed:
Greetings all!

Yes! Her passport must carry your surname. I am also in the process of doing that now. Its called change of surname due to marriage. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
matmat:
Most of the materials was downloaded from IELTSBUDDY and YOUTUBE. Go to google and search for each module practice questions and answers. That was what I used. Thank you.
K! Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
matmat:
Thank you for your swift response. Please, is it possible to apply for 2 provinces and also EE at the same time. Will the applicant be penalized. What is your advice on this cos I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.... Thank you.

When you are going through the process of registration for EE, you will be asked to choose the province(s) you want to migrate to. Also, you can apply to the provinces' PNPs(more than one), no one ain't stopping you, just that some provinces might lessen your chance if they know you applied to another province
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 12:55am On Jun 16, 2015
Include both your ACCA And HND in your WES application to enable you score point for 2 post-secondary education. Meaning that you must have both transcripts sent to WES

Momoluwa:
Dear All,

Here goes my Credentials

ACA- ICAN

Am I eligible to apply?
DO I stand a chance?

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by luvly3(f): 1:13am On Jun 16, 2015
Hi all,
Please can someone help me with material to study for IELTS.. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DebsMed: 7:15am On Jun 16, 2015
verrady:
Yes! Her passport must carry your surname. I am also in the process of doing that now. Its called change of surname due to marriage. Hope this helps.

Oh, okay.... Thanks for your guidance!

But then, does that mean Newspaper publication of change of name, sworn affidavit and marriage certificate won't suffice for that purpose for now unless they go to Abuja to go get her a new international passport bearing hubby's surname? Even when the one she has in her maiden name is still very much fresh and valid? Will appreciate a response to this, grateful!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 16, 2015
DebsMed:

Oh, okay.... Thanks for your guidance!

But then, does that mean Newspaper publication of change of name, sworn affidavit and marriage certificate won't suffice for that purpose for now unless we go to Abuja to go get her a new international passport bearing hubby's surname? Even when the one she has in her maiden name is still very much fresh and valid? Will appreciate a response to this, grateful!
Yes; they wont suffice. These documents will only aid her in the change of name process. It really doesnt matter if she did the passport yesterday...lol! Same situation i faced. My husband works with immigration so i knew the process way back before now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Momoluwa: 7:29am On Jun 16, 2015
abyurla:
Include both your ACCA And HND in your WES application to enable you score point for 2 post-secondary education. Meaning that you must have both transcripts sent to WES

Hey thanks, I have ICAN also can I include that?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Momoluwa: 9:46am On Jun 16, 2015
zandora:

Yes you do need to wait for your IELTS and ECA before you can submit your profile as you'll need the reference numbers on the documents.

Hello Zandora for the Wes evaluation did u opt for the course by course report or the document by document report. I want to apply for work permit, which is best?

Thanks,
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2015
verrady:
Yes; they wont suffice. These documents will only aid her in the change of name process. It really doesnt matter if she did the passport yesterday...lol! Same situation i faced. My husband works with immigration so i knew the process way back before now.

Aren't they supposed to do the change of name based on the name on the sworn affidavit? I'm asking because they refused to change my wife's middle name. She used a shortened form of it on her old passport as a single but when she went to renew it in Abuja so as to change her surname to mine, they refused to change the middle name to its full spelling, is that how they operate? I'm asking since you seem to have leg there grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.