Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828824 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twaintoy(f): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2015
verrady:
Yes; they wont suffice. These documents will only aid her in the change of name process. It really doesnt matter if she did the passport yesterday...lol! Same situation i faced. My husband works with immigration so i knew the process way back before now.
Please how can one change his/her name on d intl passport that is still valid?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by berexio1: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2015
luvly3:
Hi all,
Please can someone help me with material to study for IELTS.. Thanks
PM me. I will try to send some materials to your mail. When are you writing?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
Momoluwa:

Hello Zandora for the Wes evaluation did u opt for the course by course report or the document by document report. I want to apply for work permit, which is best?

Thanks,

I'm not sure what you mean by course by course or document by document. Don't select the standard application, instead choose the one for Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The link is below

http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
berexio1:
PM me. I will try to send some materials to your mail. When are you writing?

Good day..... Please I also need IELTS exam material to start practicing, my exam is next month 11th. Please help me
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zaliya(f): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hi Solomonwis and all,

I will be relocating to the UK with my kids by August to join my hubby. I am still awaiting MR (am a DEC applicant). The question is what happens to the processing after this stage of MR and is there anything I would need to do from my own side here before moving to the UK?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
henryosas:
My timelines below:

See my timelines below:

CIC application submission: 5th june, 2014

Debit card charged: 8th oct 2014

PER: 27th OCT, 2014

MR: 27th FEB, 2015

Medicals done: 6th MARCH, 2015

Additional doc sent: April 10th 2015

PPR: 25th May, 2015

Passport sent: 30th May, 2015

Pickup mail: june 12th, 2015

Hi bro

Your MR was so fast.

I have been waiting for my MR since the day i got my AoR (17 Mar 2015).

I am a bit worried though.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
JesusDWay:

Aren't they supposed to do the change of name based on the name on the sworn affidavit? I'm asking because they refused to change my wife's middle name. She used a shortened form of it on her old passport as a single but when she went to renew it in Abuja so as to change her surname to mine, they refused to change the middle name to its full spelling, is that how they operate? I'm asking since you seem to have leg there grin
... Pls i am saying this because of time. I am often very busy in the office so i might reply your qstsn late so to avoid these delay as i dont know how urgent u need this issue settled, i suggest you call the number on my handle i will give you the man's number that can help you sort it out. Please house dont feel i am not giving every information here, there are just somethings that cant be said in a public forum as you dont know who is what! Hope you all understand.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DebsMed: 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
verrady:
Yes; they wont suffice. These documents will only aid her in the change of name process. It really doesnt matter if she did the passport yesterday...lol! Same situation i faced. My husband works with immigration so i knew the process way back before now.

Thanks, thanks.... Will send him the link to this page to come read for himself! Nairaland is quite rich with beneficial contents generally.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
Its actually optional since you already have ACCA, if i had both, i would use ACCA with my 1st degree. You score 22 points for 2 or more post-secondary qualification while 21 points is for one post-secondary school

Momoluwa:

Hey thanks, I have ICAN also can I include that?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by berexio1: 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
kenyandude:

Good day..... Please I also need IELTS exam material to start practicing, my exam is next month 11th. Please help me
PM me or send me ur email..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fidelism: 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
Momoluwa:

Hello Zandora for the Wes evaluation did u opt for the course by course report or the document by document report. I want to apply for work permit, which is best?

Thanks,

Course by course is for academic purpose. document by document is sufficient for working in Canada. read more on WES under FAQ
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
abyurla:
Its actually optional since you already have ACCA, if i had both, i would use ACCA with my 1st degree. You score 22 points for 2 or more post-secondary qualification while 21 points is for one post-secondary school

Actually, the HND evaluations I've seen have been evaluated as two post-secondary diploma, a 3year diploma and one year postgraduate diploma which gives you two post secondary qualifications. I think what CIC meant by two post-secondary certificate is one qualification progressing to another and not like having two separate degree. What is on your ECA report is what they deal with and the reviews I've seen of people who used two separate qualifications is that WES only mentions their highest qualification. Since the HND is likely to get her two post-secondary qualifications, she may not bother with transcripts of other qualifications she has. She will however use her ACCA to get CPA in Canada to practice as an accountant(this is just what I learnt from someone about ACCA and CPA)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
Quick one guys,

Is one allowed to apply for visitor visa and actually travel to Canada while processing FSW/EE?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by g00dfelas: 11:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
JesusDWay:

Actually, the HND evaluations I've seen have been evaluated as two post-secondary diploma, a 3year diploma and one year postgraduate diploma which gives you two post secondary qualifications. I think what CIC meant by two post-secondary certificate is one qualification progressing to another and not like having two separate degree. What is on your ECA report is what they deal with and the reviews I've seen of people who used two separate qualifications is that WES only mentions their highest qualification. Since the HND is likely to get her two post-secondary qualifications, she may not bother with transcripts of other qualifications she has. She will however use her ACCA to get CPA in Canada to practice as an accountant(this is just what I learnt from someone about ACCA and CPA)
OK guys. Pls pardon this dumb question.
You can't get HND without having completed OND right?
SO the question is should I send my OND cert $ transcript too OR will the HND credentials be enough?
Same applies to MSc and B.Sc Holders. How is it done? Will there be higher points given for OND even though it is merely a prerequisite to HND.

Also, at what point do I need to provide proof of settlement fund? I don't know anybody that can provide me with a fat amount to keep in my account. BUT, luckily for me, I have a fairly good job so I can raise the money from my salary after a few months. It looks like saskatchewan Provincial program needs to see the proof at the point of registration.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:30am On Jun 17, 2015
g00dfelas:

OK guys. Pls pardon this dumb question.
You can't get HND without having completed OND right?
SO the question is should I send my OND cert $ transcript too OR will the HND credentials be enough?
Same applies to MSc and B.Sc Holders. How is it done? Will there be higher points given for OND even though it is merely a prerequisite to HND.

Also, at what point do I need to provide proof of settlement fund? I don't know anybody that can provide me with a fat amount to keep in my account. BUT, luckily for me, I have a fairly good job so I can raise the money from my salary after a few months. It looks like saskatchewan Provincial program needs to see the proof at the point of registration.

Thanks in advance.

WES requests on their website, specifically for Nigeria's HND to send both ND and HND transcripts. If you have Bsc and Msc, the higher is the one they will reckon with and do a final result on for it's Canadian equivalent but I advise in this case to send transcripts of both.

Proof of funds is required when you have been taken in the EE pool and asked to send your documents in support of your being issued PR Visa so, you may start saving NOW!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 7:08am On Jun 17, 2015
Guys, I hail of una o. Infact me just wanna know if anyone here is also applying for Job using this job bank thing while hoping for PNP too. I am into business development / sales / marketing NOC. I don send over 100 applications now and not even an acknowledgement beside the normal auto-response.

You guys think there is hope in this Job Bank Stuff

Also, which is the latest province as regards PNP.

Thnks all and wonderful day ahead.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 7:56am On Jun 17, 2015
Alhamdulilahi (Glory be to God)

I wish to announce my PPR which came in yesterday 16th June, 2014 at 10:03am US ET. I have done the needful by sending the passports without further delay.

I wish all MR,PPR and Passport pickup hopefuls the best as you all await your good news too.

My timeline is June 19th, 2014
MR is March 30th, 2015

Thank you to Solomonwis and Damkollins and all other forum members for your support all the way. See y'all in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 8:51am On Jun 17, 2015
I finally got my electronic copy of my ECA from ICAS after almost 6 months. The report has been sent by courier to me.....Now i can make my application....So excited like i got my passsport pick up mail. Anyway, that the picture i see and i know it will come to pass very soon.

By the way, I am thinking of applying to Nova Scotia but the number they are looking for is quite low about 350 slots. what are my chances and what do i stand to lose if i also apply to another province along with Nova Scotia?

looking forward to frank advises.

Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Momoluwa: 10:26am On Jun 17, 2015
JesusDWay:

WES requests on their website, specifically for Nigeria's HND to send both ND and HND transcripts. If you have Bsc and Msc, the higher is the one they will reckon with and do a final result on for it's Canadian equivalent but I advise in this case to send transcripts of both.

Proof of funds is required when you have been taken in the EE pool and asked to send your documents in support of your being issued PR Visa so, you may start saving NOW!

Wow thanks ya'll, information overload. Here ooo......are you suggesting I send just my OND and HND, leaving out the ICAN\ACCA?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ihaveadream: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2015
[quote author=DebsMed post=34805101]Greetings all

If yes, a quick one then for starters.... One who has processed to the level of having even done his medicals, is asked to submit his child and wife's passport and all that, will the wife then be required to go do another passport being that the one she has currently is on her maiden name?

If I understand correctly you're asking about adding your wife and child to your application. In my experience though I applied with hubby initially I used my valid passport then bearing my maiden name and I had no problems. In addition, after receiving our MR I sent my current passport bearing my married surname to Accra and they updated my records. Btw wifey can only change to her married name if her passport is still valid for 6months or less. Adios!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ihaveadream: 10:48am On Jun 17, 2015
[quote author=DebsMed post=3481

But then, does that mean Newspaper publication of change of name, sworn affidavit and marriage certificate won't suffice for that purpose for now unless we go to Abuja to go get her a new international passport bearing hubby's surname? Even when the one she has in her maiden name is still very much fresh and valid? Will appreciate a response to this, grateful! [/quote]

Those documents will suffice as proof of marriage in your application, I used the same documents but the application can only be in the name on her passport that is, her maiden name. If you want her married name on the application and ultimately her visa then you need to change the name on her passport but like I said earlier, I was not allowed to change the name on my passport until it had only 6months validity left. Adiòs!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ihaveadream: 10:55am On Jun 17, 2015
JesusDWay:

Aren't they supposed to do the change of name based on the name on the sworn affidavit? I'm asking because they refused to change my wife's middle name. She used a shortened form of it on her old passport as a single but when she went to renew it in Abuja so as to change her surname to mine, they refused to change the middle name to its full spelling, is that how they operate? I'm asking since you seem to have leg there grin

Don't know if you've got the info already, here's my 2 cents. A friend tried to change her middle and surnames but the immigration guys in Abj said it's not possible as there's a separate application to change fore and middle names. Change of married name, according to my contact, applies only to the surname. Adiòs!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by santicruz: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2015
berexio1:
PM me or send me ur email..
good day, please assist me with IELTS material. I am writing on 25th July. My email is okoroerimma@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 11:26am On Jun 17, 2015
Momoluwa:

Wow thanks ya'll, information overload. Here ooo......are you suggesting I send just my OND and HND, leaving out the ICAN\ACCA?

Pls do without delay. That will give you 21poits
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dolapokay: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hello House,
Just want to confirm, is ECA compulsory? I have my ITA already and just thinking i can notarize my transcript instead of doing ECA as my cousin advised ( She got to canada before evaluating her result)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Eni23: 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hello,

does anyone know how to get a job offer from canada prior to sending the application. any websites?

Thank you!
Eni
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
For people already in the EE pool yet to apply for Provincial nomination, check if your NOC is listed for SINP, You still have a chance to apply,
http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/express-entry
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
abyurla:
For people already in the EE pool yet to apply for Provincial nomination, check if your NOC is listed for SINP, You still have a chance to apply,

You should ve expose the thresh-hold too;

SINP Category Application Quota
Remaining applications
that will be accepted
by the SINP in 2015
International Skilled Workers
International Skilled Workers - With an Employment Offer 5,000 4873
International Skilled Workers - Express Entry 1,000 1,000
International Skilled Workers - Occupations In-Demand 500 0
Saskatchewan Experience
Existing Work Permits & Health Professionals 1,200 1037
Students 1,000 967
Hospitality Workers 500 395
Long Haul Truck Drivers 300 281
Entrepreneur* and Farm
Farmers 50 46
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pheobee: 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hi @solomonwis, I'm a newbie here and everything is so confusing, I want to relocate to canada and I need advice on the best ways I can do this. Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
abyurla:

Thanks, i went through the details and it is stated there that for skilled profession, you need a certificate for your skill. i am a civil engineer with 1 year 4 months experience in construction as a site engineer. you need atleast 3 years supervised work to be able to apply for COREN.
What can i do about this?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by g00dfelas: 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
JesusDWay:

Thanks for your response.
I have another question and I will appreciate your guidance.
I have read here on nairaland where people said they used their pension account statement as POF.
How is this done? Do I simply ask IBTC to print my RSA statement? or how exactly.
saskatchewan sinp require one to submit POF in addition to being certified with the provice's regulatory body for the profession.
Do you know anyone that has used this with SINP
I am planning to apply for EE next month (hopefully) so your guidance will be highly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.