Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,304 members, 7,867,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (832624 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gr8tstar: 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
pickabeau1:

which NOC

have u done ur ECA

Thanks pick a beautiful 1; it's NOC 3211, I have not had my ECA.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gr8tstar: 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
pickabeau1:

which NOC

have u done ur ECA

Thanks @ pickabeau1 ; it's NOC 3211, I have not had my ECA.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
gr8tstar:

Thanks @ pickabeau1 ; it's NOC 3211, I have not had my ECA.

From the website as at october 4th, it says 3211 3211 Medical laboratory technologists has 107 applications http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

It is believed that this data is correct for applications received in the first week of July

At the correct rate which is about 45 per month(for May n June) you may be lucky and scale in

However u can also consider 3212 which is less agrressive

BUT you need to get your IELTS sorted out and your ECA done

IS your transcript ready to be sent...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:47am On Oct 07, 2013
prupru: solomonwise
please i want apply under 2263, i just want to start,i have my result and i av not done ielts, can i still make it.?

I would rather answer that question when all is set,I mean when you have your ECA and IELTS result. Maybe before the result is released the cap for 2263 would have reached or maybe not. So get your documents ready first.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mramosr85: 2:43am On Oct 08, 2013
Hi everyone. I'm gathering the required documents to apply under the FSWP. My occupation has already reached its cap this year, so my question is: when a cap is reached CIC just stops receiving applications in that occupation, or what they do is receive and pile applications in a queue for next year - beginning in may 2014? I mean, can I send my application, lets say, on May 1, 2014, and be among the first applicants next year?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:50am On Oct 08, 2013
mramosr85: Hi everyone. I'm gathering the required documents to apply under the FSWP. My occupation has already reached its cap this year, so my question is: when a cap is reached CIC just stops receiving applications in that occupation, or what they do is receive and pile applications in a queue for next year - beginning in may 2014? I mean, can I send my application, lets say, on May 1, 2014, and be among the first applicants next year?

If you send in your application when the cap for your eligible occupation is reached,CIC will return your application back to you.

They don't keep application in queue. There's no guarantee your eligible occupation will be listed for next year's intake hence they return application for re-application.

Yes you can send in your application next year when CIC starts receiving new applications and only when your eligible occupation is listed.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 7:08am On Oct 08, 2013
Hello Solo.. I just read through your statistic for the Medical Lab Tech NOC category which you say is approximately at the rate of 45 a month. Please I'd like to know if you have an idea what the rate is for NOC 2263. My IELTS result should be out on Nov 11 and I intend sending my application on the 12th. Is it advisable to wait till next year?

Secondly, did I guys include your Police Certificate to your application? How do I get mine for Nigeria please and what does it cost?

Thanks a lot.

pickabeau1:

From the website as at october 4th, it says 3211 3211 Medical laboratory technologists has 107 applications http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

It is believed that this data is correct for applications received in the first week of July

At the correct rate which is about 45 per month(for May n June) you may be lucky and scale in

However u can also consider 3212 which is less agrressive

BUT you need to get your IELTS sorted out and your ECA done

IS your transcript ready to be sent...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnchacks13: 8:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Hi All,

I been preperaring for FSW application. Only pending Document is WES ECS. Today i got an e-mail notification from WES, that my report has been send in ordianary Post on 2nd OCt 2013. But iam yet to receive the same. Can anybody can answer few doubts, since my FSW quota already reached 238(Engineering Managers),

1. How much time will it take for an ordinary Mail to reach India from Canada?
2. Do i need to order duplicate copy from WES, through registered Mail for faster delivery?
3. Can i submit FSW application, without hardcopy of ECS, with using the WES Ref NO(E-Mail notification from wes stating my report is completed.

Your suggestions welcome ..

Regards,

John Chacko
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:11am On Oct 08, 2013
johnchacks13: Hi All,

I been preperaring for FSW application. Only pending Document is WES ECS. Today i got an e-mail notification from WES, that my report has been send in ordianary Post on 2nd OCt 2013. But iam yet to receive the same. Can anybody can answer few doubts, since my FSW quota already reached 238(Engineering Managers),

1. How much time will it take for an ordinary Mail to reach India from Canada?
2. Do i need to order duplicate copy from WES, through registered Mail for faster delivery?
3. Can i submit FSW application, without hardcopy of ECS, with using the WES Ref NO(E-Mail notification from wes stating my report is completed.

Your suggestions welcome ..

Regards,

John Chacko

1.The time it takes is dependent on the speed of delivery of the postal service in India. You can approach the postal service organisation in india to confirm the rate of delivery.

2.You can order for duplicate copy of the ECA to be delivered via courier at an additional cost.

3.You can not submit your application to CIC without the hardcopy of your ECA
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2013
Well you can only try as that is an estimate of applications received so far.. Lucky for you, there are 2 NOCs with similar experiences in your field

So review the requirements for the two and make a calculated decision on which noc to use

I wish you success in your IELTS

I believe PCC is required by the visa office as it has a validity of 6 months so i will think waiting till the request is made is better

@solomonwis can also help with more information on the pcc

NOC 3212
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=3212

3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
Medical laboratory technicians conduct routine medical laboratory tests and set up, clean and maintain medical laboratory equipment. They are employed in medical laboratories in hospitals, clinics, research facilities, post-secondary educational institutions and government research laboratories. Pathologists' assistants assist at autopsies and examinations of surgical specimens or perform autopsies under a pathologist's supervision. They are usually employed in hospitals and universities.

Example Titles
medical laboratory assistant
medical laboratory technician
pathology assistant
phlebotomist
phlebotomy aide

View all titles

Main duties

Medical laboratory technicians perform some or all of the following duties:•Collect blood, tissue and other samples from patients
•Log patient samples and prepare them for testing
•Set up medical laboratory equipment
•Conduct routine laboratory tests and sample analyses
•Perform quality assurance of testing techniques
•Clean and maintain medical laboratory and medical laboratory equipment.

NOC 3211
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=3211

3211 Medical laboratory technologists
Medical laboratory technologists conduct medical laboratory tests, experiments and analyses to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. They are employed in medical laboratories in hospitals, blood banks, community and private clinics, research facilities and post-secondary educational institutions. Medical laboratory technologists who are supervisors are included in this unit group.

Example Titles
clinical immunology technologist
cytogenetics technologist – medical laboratory
histology technologist
immunohematology technologist
medical laboratory supervisor
medical laboratory technologist
medical technologist – medical laboratory

View all titles

Main duties

Medical laboratory technologists perform some or all of the following duties:•Set up, operate and maintain laboratory equipment
•Conduct chemical analyses of blood, urine, and cerebrospinal and other body fluids
•Study blood cells and other tissues to determine their relation to various physiological and pathological conditions
•Prepare tissue sections for microscopic examinations using techniques to demonstrate special cellular tissue elements or other characteristics
•Perform blood group, type and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes
•Establish procedures for the analysis of specimens and for medical laboratory experiments
•Conduct quality control assessment of testing techniques
•May supervise and train other medical laboratory technical staff, students and helpers
•May assist pathologists during autopsies.

Medical laboratory technologists may specialize in areas such as clinical chemistry, clinical microbiology, hematology, histotechnology, immunohematology, cytotechnology and cytogenetics.

nanonye: Hello Solo.. I just read through your statistic for the Medical Lab Tech NOC category which you say is approximately at the rate of 45 a month. Please I'd like to know if you have an idea what the rate is for NOC 2263. My IELTS result should be out on Nov 11 and I intend sending my application on the 12th. Is it advisable to wait till next year?

Secondly, did I guys include your Police Certificate to your application? How do I get mine for Nigeria please and what does it cost?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hello House. I have asked this earlier, but let me make it clearer. I just read through a statistic for the Medical Lab Tech NOC category which said applications were being assessed approximately at the rate of 45 a month. I'd like to know if anyone has an idea what the rate is for Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational Health and Safety (NOC 2263). I know these things are not automatic but any info would help.

I have all my documents except my IELTS result which should be out on Nov 11 and I intend sending my application on the 12th for arrival by the 18th. Is it advisable to wait till next year considering the rate at which my NOC code is filling up?

Secondly, did u guys include a Police Certificate to your application? How do I get mine for Nigeria please and what does it cost?

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
nonye i asnwered u already

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

did u even check the websites

2263 has 99 applications based on Applications received up till first week in july
Updated Friday 4th OCT

Over a two month 1 week period that comes to 45 monthly but this is no indicator as you dont know how many people have submitted
It may be more at the end

Get your documents and submit
You may enter
I wish you success in your IELTS

I believe PCC is required by the visa office as it has a validity of 6 months so i will think waiting till the request is made is better

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by atoyen: 5:47am On Oct 10, 2013
solomonwis:

Aside the processing fee,the cost of registration for IELTS and assessment fee,you also need to show you can support yourself and family members while in Canada.if you are the only applicant,you will need to show CAD11k unencumbered,readily accessible and readily available fund as proof of settlement fund.
I would like to find out if there is a time frame for the money to be saved in your account. I mean do I have to leave the CAD11k in my account for a certain duration while other activities go on in the account and then print out statement for the application. How long exactly do I have to leave the money running in my account?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 6:34am On Oct 10, 2013
They would typically ask for statements of either 3, 6 months or covering between 3 to 6 months or not at all

So in my opinion I would say prepare for half a year, no sudden large withdrawals or deposits which can be suspicious.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
atoyen:
I would like to find out if there is a time frame for the money to be saved in your account. I mean do I have to leave the CAD11k in my account for a certain duration while other activities go on in the account and then print out statement for the application. How long exactly do I have to leave the money running in my account?

At the initial stage of application,you don't necessarily have to have kept the fund in the account for any period of time. As long as your bank statement shows the naira equivalent of what is applicable to you and family.

You will be asked at a later stage to present a statement showing transaction history over time with the balance required for your application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mecheng: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
I am a Mechanical Engineer, occupation code 2132 and would be submitting my application in a week. At present 180 applications have been filled, I wonder is there any chance for me to fall in first 300 applications ? Can any one help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 9:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
Submit it
If you don't buy the ticket you can't win the lottery
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
@solomon wise and other people who have gotten PER, the reference letters gotten from one's employer should be addressed to who, or should it be left as to whom it may concern
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2013
debbiejosh: @solomon wise and other people who have gotten PER, the reference letters gotten from one's employer should be addressed to who, or should it be left as to whom it may concern

It should be addressed To Whom It May concern.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by borie4u(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
u guys are not helping new people at all with these discussion. Its seems this thread is for people who already have 90% info that is needed for this Canada Skilled Visa Thingy.
I was expecting info on
1.The form
2.How to fill the form.
3.How much you would need to complete this Visa.
4. What are those document u require to complete this visa.
5.Will there be Visa appearance for it.
and et al. Any infomation that any newbie will need to DIY. God bless
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
Did u start reading from the beginning

What specific information do you need

borie4u: u guys are not helping new people at all with these discussion. Its seems this thread is for people who already have 90% info that is needed for this Canada Skilled Visa Thingy.
I was expecting info on
1.The form
2.How to fill the form.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
borie4u: u guys are not helping new people at all with these discussion. Its seems this thread is for people who already have 90% info that is needed for this Canada Skilled Visa Thingy.
I was expecting info on
1.The form
2.How to fill the form.

You should read from the beginning of this thread before throwing tantrums. We have emphasized the need to read through the experience of people and add that to the instruction on www.cic.gc.ca

This is supposed to be a thread for skilled workers and a lot of people have shared experience and first hand info necessary for anybody to be a successful FSWP applicant. If you have specific questions which you think have not been dealt with on the thread you can always ask.loads of experienced people are on hand to assist.

If you take out time to diligently study what's written on the thread you'd see how much wealth of info is here for anybody to comprehend.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
I was expecting info on
1.The form
2.How to fill the form.

grin grin grin @
Canada Skilled Visa Thingy.

Please, go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp and read up all the information there. You will find all the wealth of information you need to DIY!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
Cap updated

Fast NOCs in red

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

0211 Engineering managers 265
1112 Financial and investment analysts 300 (Cap reached)
2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers 17
2131 Civil engineers 167
2132 Mechanical engineers 200

2134 Chemical engineers 81
2143 Mining engineers 3
2145 Petroleum engineers 2
2144 Geological engineers 37
2146 Aerospace engineers 10
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers) 300 (Cap reached)
2154 Land surveyors 7
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers 300 (Cap reached)
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics 36
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety 108
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists 4
3142 Physiotherapists 174
3143 Occupational Therapists 20
3211 Medical laboratory technologists 116
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants 41
3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists 9
3215 Medical Radiation Technologists 23
3216 Medical Sonographers 17
3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists 10

Per website it says 2242 but adding manually yields 2247
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hello house. Please does anyone know if CIC has started attending to August applicants.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mecheng: 11:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
I wonder whether mutual funds can be accepted as a proof of the funds, any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnchacks13: 7:18am On Oct 17, 2013
Hi,

I have received by ECS and IELTS score on 17th Oct13 positive. Is it risky for applying to NOC :0211(Engineering Manager) which is near to closure. Or shall i wait for next year(2014). Will the same category will be released any Idea.

Hoping for a favourable response.

Regards,
John
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 8:06am On Oct 17, 2013
pickabeau1: Submit it
If you don't buy the ticket you can't win the lottery

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bannana(m): 8:48am On Oct 17, 2013
nanonye: Hello house. Please does anyone know if CIC has started attending to August applicants.

I guess you have to swallow the chill pill if you applied just this August,going by the feedback of others here on this forum you should expect to hear back form CIC around November.Just my observation,good luck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
Please how long does it take between when your file is transfered to your Visa office and when you get a Medical call up?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
mecheng: I wonder whether mutual funds can be accepted as a proof of the funds, any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Yes as long as the funds belong to the principal applicant,spouse,common law partner or any dependent, providing there is proof of relationship
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
mecheng: I wonder whether mutual funds can be accepted as a proof of the funds, any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm of the opinion this should suffice in addition to other cash statements

Let the statement be clear with your details and the valuation

From the website

s per CIC funds could be in the form of:

- cash
- documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.)
- documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.