Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828367 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 6:12am On Nov 21, 2013
scrollmeout:

My NOC category is 2243. I only applied for my transcript and haven't sent it. I know I'd still have to pay for the evaluation hence my second question, what is the best form of payment foR the evaluation?

Credit card
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by atoyen: 7:19am On Nov 21, 2013
Hello Solomon
We have finished gathering documents for our application and just waiting for this month's salary to come in and we can apply month end.
My concern is we did upfront medicals. I hope that will be accepted. Also, we are applying as 3 family members(myself, husband & son) but my husband is the primary applicant and we are applying for NOC 2143.
My 2nd question is does his work experience have to be recent? He now works as a contract engineer but he did work as a mining engineer for 4years (2002-2006). Is this okay too. He has his managers reference letter to show but no payslips or contract letter showing mining eng, the payslips we have now show his new role
My 3rd question is does his pension funds statement count in the available funds together with the required 18000cad for the application.

solomonwis:

With CIC, it is always best to keep to specifications/instructions.

Documents that are specifically mentioned in your documents checklist are more than enough for submission.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by atoyen: 7:20am On Nov 21, 2013
pickabeau1:

Credit card
Hello Solomon
We have finished gathering documents for our application and just waiting for this month's salary to come in and we can apply month end.
My concern is we did upfront medicals. I hope that will be accepted. Also, we are applying as 3 family members(myself, husband & son) but my husband is the primary applicant and we are applying for NOC 2143.
My 2nd question is does his work experience have to be recent? He now works as a contract engineer but he did work as a mining engineer for 4years (2002-2006). Is this okay too. He has his managers reference letter to show but no payslips or contract letter showing mining eng, the payslips we have now show his new role
My 3rd question is does his pension funds statement count in the available funds together with the required 18000cad for the application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 8:31am On Nov 21, 2013
pickabeau1:

Credit card

Will my debit Mastercard work?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 9:47am On Nov 21, 2013
scrollmeout:

I dont know if naija cards will work
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 10:53am On Nov 21, 2013
scrollmeout:

My debit Mastercard from GTB worked.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by obygirl4eva: 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Dear Solomonwis and fellow niarlander
Please I need advice
If one submits an application which has recieved PER and is in the process at acrra visa office and the person gets pregnant.
My question is how do one contact the visa office or CIC to inform them of the pregnancy and expextant baby. What documentation would one need and to whom or where do one send this information.
Secondly if the passport of the dependent applicants NOT THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT gets missing and is replaced with police report gotten does one need to take any action or just wait till one hears from them as in during medicals.
Thanks for your anticipated reply on this.
Godbless
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
I think u shd inform them when u have ur baby as a change in family composition

On the passport issue.. i think u will just get a replacement passport
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
atoyen:
Hello Solomon
Upfront medical examinatio are not allowed. you would be notified by CHC to go for medical exam at designated clinics when you get to that stage.
Is your husband pension account easily accessible or it's locked till a certain retirement age
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:25am On Nov 22, 2013
atoyen: Hello Solomon
How did you do the "upfront medicals" and which hospital did you do that?

Whatever change is in the family composition should be communicated to your case officer as soon as practicable.

The principal applicants work experience in the last 10 years counts towards point for experience. His work experience reference letter will suffice.

I'm trying to marry the "salary being paid by month end" with your question on pension funds. Does it mean that you don't have the proof of settlement fund readily available? Please read the previous post about using pension funds and other funds as proof of settlement. So long as you can prove that the funds are unencumbered then you can use it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:30am On Nov 22, 2013
obygirl4eva: Dear Solomonwis and fellow niarlander
Please I need advice
If one submits an application which has recieved PER and is in the process at acrra visa office and the person gets pregnant.
My question is how do one contact the visa office or CIC to inform them of the pregnancy and expextant baby. What documentation would one need and to whom or where do one send this information.
Secondly if the passport of the dependent applicants NOT THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT gets missing and is replaced with police report gotten does one need to take any action or just wait till one hears from them as in during medicals.
Thanks for your anticipated reply on this.
Godbless
Whatever change that has occurred since you received your PER can always be communicated with your case officer. You can contact your case officer at anytime during the process as soon as you know who your case officer is.

Of course they don't expect your circumstance to be static all through the process,so whatever it is that has changed MUST be communicated and the appropriate documentation of the changes forwarded as soon as demanded by your case officer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 3:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
pickabeau1: I think u shd inform them when u have ur baby as a change in family composition

On the passport issue.. i think u will just get a replacement passport

Thanks very much
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
solomonwis:
Whatever change that has occurred since you received your PER can always be communicated with your case officer. You can contact your case officer at anytime during the process as soon as you know who your case officer is.

Of course they don't expect your circumstance to be static all through the process,so whatever it is that has changed MUST be communicated and the appropriate documentation of the changes forwarded as soon as demanded by your case officer.

Thanks
I don't know my case officer yet. so I guess I have to wait till I know him or her
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
saxywale:
Upfront medical examinatio are not allowed. you would be notified by CHC to go for medical exam at designated clinics when you get to that stage.
Is your husband pension account easily accessible or it's locked till a certain retirement age

There is no problem with having your medical examinations done upfront. However, the only medical examination results accepted by CIC must by done by a CIC approved medical practitioner. Your own doctor cannot do the medical examination. Also, medical examinations are only valid for one year. And when they do expire, you must perform another medical examination. From the trends, processing of FSW 2013 applications may take more than one year to complete. This means that your upfront medical examination results may expire before the processing is complete. I heard that medical exam costs by CIC approved medical practitioners cost around NGN28,000.00 per person and per examination. So if you pay NGN28,000.00 now, you will pay another NGN28,000.00 if your medical results expire before processing is complete.

So, even though upfront medical examinations are not recommended for Permanent Resident applications, they are highly recommended for Study Permit applications.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/delay.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
thebaft:

There is no problem with having your medical examinations done upfront. However, the only medical examination results accepted by CIC must by done by a CIC approved medical practitioner. Your own doctor cannot do the medical examination. Also, medical examinations are only valid for one year. And when they do expire, you must perform another medical examination. From the trends, processing of FSW 2013 applications may take more than one year to complete. This means that your upfront medical examination results may expire before the processing is complete. I heard that medical exam costs by CIC approved medical practitioners cost around NGN28,000.00 per person and per examination. So if you pay NGN28,000.00 now, you will pay another NGN28,000.00 if your medical results expire before processing is complete.

So, even though upfront medical examinations are not recommended for Permanent Resident applications, they are highly recommended for Study Permit applications.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/delay.asp

I disagree with your submission here.

For Canada, Medical examination prior to being instructed is not acceptable either for study permit or otherwise. You need to be instructed before you can go for medical examination.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2013
solomonwis:

I disagree with your submission here.

For Canada, Medical examination prior to being instructed is not acceptable either for study permit or otherwise. You need to be instructed before you can go for medical examination.

Once again, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/delay.asp

These are not my words, young man ... but the words of CIC.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
thebaft:

Once again, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/delay.asp

These are not my words, young man ... but the words of CIC.

OLD MAN, there was nowhere in the link where medical was to be done prior to instructions being issued. You were only advised to get your medicals done QUICKLY(as soon as possible)!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
solomonwis:

OLD MAN, there was nowhere in the link where medical was to be done prior to instructions being issued. You were only advised to get your medicals done QUICKLY(as soon as possible)!

Step 3, Bullet 3

•You can avoid delays by getting your medical examination done quickly and submitting it with your application. It is not mandatory to complete a medical examination when you submit your application. However, doing so will result in faster processing. For more information about who needs a medical examination, please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." - Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
thebaft:

Step 3, Bullet 3

You can avoid delays by getting your medical examination done quickly and submitting it with your application. It is not mandatory to complete a medical examination when you submit your application. However, doing so will result in faster processing. For more information about who needs a medical examination, please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." - Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Bottom line: SUBMIT QUICKLY WITH YOUR APPLICATION (As you'd be given further instructions). Ask those who apply for Study Permit!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
solomonwis:

Bottom line: SUBMIT QUICKLY WITH YOUR APPLICATION (As you'd be given further instructions). Ask those who apply for Study Permit!

I am not applying for a study permit. But one cannot go wrong with instructions from the CIC website.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
thebaft:

I am not applying for a study permit. But one cannot go wrong with instructions from the CIC website.

Oh I see! No wonder....Please before you confuse the guy, refer him to the thread for people with Study Permit application experience and If he's interested in FSWP (as I'd want to believe) please do not advise him to go for "upfront medicals".

It is a complete waste of money and energy!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
solomonwis:

Oh I see! No wonder....Please before you confuse the guy, refer him to the thread for people with Study Permit application experience and If he's interested in FSWP (as I'd want to believe) please do not advise him to go for "upfront medicals".

It is a complete waste of money and energy!

Isn't that what I said earlier?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
thebaft:

Isn't that what I said earlier?

You see the thing is, in this part of the world (Nigeria) it is not advisable for anyone to go for upfront medical as the outcome of your visa application is dependent on a number of factors and given the visa refusal rate, it will be a waste of money, time and energy. Again, the duration of visa processing (especially with paper application) does not encourage for upfront medical. (This is in respect to TRV)

I know for certain upfront medical is not advisable for FSWP (with the exception of some family class permanent resident applicants).

Bottom line: Medical ought to be done after an instruction is issued to undergo and submit medical result (by applicants from Nigeria).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
solomonwis:

You see the thing is, in this part of the world (Nigeria) it is not advisable for anyone to go for upfront medical as the outcome of your visa application is dependent on a number of factors and given the visa refusal rate, it will be a waste of money, time and energy. Again, the duration of visa processing (especially with paper application) does not encourage for upfront medical. (This is in respect to TRV)

I know for certain upfront medical is not advisable for FSWP (with the exception of some family class permanent resident applicants).

Bottom line: Medical ought to be done after an instruction is issued to undergo and submit medical result (by applicants from Nigeria).

Absolutely! With of course, the emphasis being on the phrase "not advisable" instead of "not acceptable".
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
thebaft:

Absolutely! With of course, the emphasis being on the phrase "not advisable" instead of "not acceptable".

Either ways, you don't bin your hard earned quid on an unnecessarily over zealous venture!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by henry4fun: 4:23am On Nov 25, 2013
[hello the gurus,
pls i wish to migrate to canada. i have once used an agent to process an admission for me into canada which he used fake documents and my application was cancelled. now, i want gurus to kindly explain to me how i can do the skilled migration program on my own. what steps must i take? wont the previous application that was cancelled affect this new application. i would appreciate your assistance.

quote author=solomongrandy]

Ok Solomonwis could the 4points be the additional point you score if your spouse also submit a test score above CLB5?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:43am On Nov 25, 2013
henry4fun: [hello the gurus,
pls i wish to migrate to canada. i have once used an agent to process an admission for me into canada which he used fake documents and my application was cancelled. now, i want gurus to kindly explain to me how i can do the skilled migration program on my own. what steps must i take? wont the previous application that was cancelled affect this new application. i would appreciate your assistance.

quote author=solomongrandy]

Ok Solomonwis could the 4points be the additional point you score if your spouse also submit a test score above CLB5?

The steps to take have been outlined in the previous posts. Just read through from the beginning and you'd be enlightened. If after reading through,you feel there are questions that have not been answered then you can ask.

I wish you luck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
Total received toward the overall cap: 2,890 of 5,000

Eligible occupation

(by National Occupational Classification [NOC] code) Number of complete applications counted towards the 300 sub-cap Footnote 1

0211 Engineering managers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote 2
1112 Financial and investment analysts 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers 38
2131 Civil engineers 262
2132 Mechanical engineers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2134 Chemical engineers 120
2143 Mining engineers 5
2145 Petroleum engineers 4
2144 Geological engineers 63
2146 Aerospace engineers 16
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers) 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2154 Land surveyors 11
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics 61
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety 156
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists 9
3142 Physiotherapists 272
3143 Occupational Therapists 33
3211 Medical laboratory technologists 174
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants 64
3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists 18
3215 Medical Radiation Technologists 39
3216 Medical Sonographers 27
3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists 23

Date Modified:2013-11-25
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rayo2002: 9:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Eligible occupation

(by National Occupational Classification [NOC] code) Number of complete applications counted towards the 300 sub-cap Footnote 1
2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers 38
2131 Civil engineers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2134 Chemical engineers 120
2143 Mining engineers 5
2144 Geological engineers 63
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers) 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2154 Land surveyors 11
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics 61
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety 156
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists 9
3142 Physiotherapists 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
3143 Occupational Therapists 33
3211 Medical laboratory technologists 174
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants 64
3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists 18
3215 Medical Radiation Technologists 39
3216 Medical Sonographers 27
3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nklove1: 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
Good nairalanders, I have been following this forum and I must say that am impressed.

My question is, my husband is a civil engineer but works in an oil servicing firm as a petroleum engineer and mechanical engineer. Is he eligible to apply as a petroleum engineer under FSW. Since mechanical is filled up
Also, his international passport will expire august 2014, any effect on that.

Our proof of fund will be share certificate of his and mine and lands, together with a little cash of 500k. We are family of 3.
Are we eligible to apply for this FSW

Thanks

Nklove
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rayo2002: 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
Note: Due to the large number of applications we get, we cannot check that each one is complete on the same day it gets to the office. The numbers on this page are updated at least once a week, but are only a guide. There is no guarantee that an application sent in now will fall within the cap by the time it gets to the Centralized Intake Office.

Total received toward the overall cap: 3,014 of 5,000

Eligible occupation

2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers 42
2131 Civil engineers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2134 Chemical engineers 134
2143 Mining engineers 7
2144 Geological engineers 69
2154 Land surveyors 14
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics 63
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety 166
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists 12
3142 Physiotherapists 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
3143 Occupational Therapists 35
3211 Medical laboratory technologists 201
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants 71
3215 Medical Radiation Technologists 44
3216 Medical Sonographers 32
3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hello Nkechi,

Your husband is very much qualified and he should please start packaging his application immediately.

I want to believe you mean he has a degree in Civil Engineering but works as a Petroleum Engineer. The most important thing at this point is that he has experience working as a Petroleum Engineer and if this experience is more than one year old, then he can apply under the Peteoleum Engineering NOC.

Has he gotten his university transcript for his WES evaluation? Has he taken his IELTS?

About the funds, i seriously suggest you guys go with Cash all throigh. I dont suggest using share certificates and landed properties because how does CIC value those items (My personal opinion). Please try to build up your account and get a balance statement.

Remember, although CIC has received less than 10 complete applications for Petroleum Engineering, you need to be fast and send in your application because the overall cap of 5000 also ends the entire process. At the moment, its over 3000.

In summary, he should apply asap.

nk-love:
Good nairalanders, I have been following this forum and I must say that am impressed.

My question is, my husband is a civil engineer but works in an oil servicing firm as a petroleum engineer and mechanical engineer. Is he eligible to apply as a petroleum engineer under FSW. Since mechanical is filled up
Also, his international passport will expire august 2014, any effect on that.

Our proof of fund will be share certificate of his and mine and lands, together with a little cash of 500k. We are family of 3.
Are we eligible to apply for this FSW

Thanks

Nklove

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.