Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,510 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829900 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
barinnbomi: Hello guys,

Do a HND holder send degree from his ND and HND to WES for evaluation
or the HND is alone?

SHALOM

ND is a prerequisite for the award of HND thus your ND certificate will be required by WES to do a complete evaluations.

I think that you need to send both ND and HND for assessment else they might think you attended a 2 year post -secondary education.

See below excerpt from WES website.

VOCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION : Polytechnics, Teacher Training Colleges, Colleges of Nursing and Midwifery
What to Submit How to Submit
1. Clear, legible photocopies of all diplomas issued by the appropriate awarding authority
e.g. Certificate of Registration issued by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, Nigeria Certificate of Education
AND To be submitted to WES by applicant.

2. Academic transcripts for all post-secondary programs of study to be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended.

This is my personal thought.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
damkollins:
Yes.....saw it too which is why I'm surprised why some people have different opinion...I guess its because CIC were not explicit enough in their instruction but I believe the gazette oversees CIC operations.

This affidavit issue won't be fair to so many applicants.
Personally,I believe there should not be substitute for birth certificate but seems to me some applicants are getting positive result with it.....I really don't like taking chances in my life and always advice potential applicants to go for the best options that support their claim.Birth certificate with NPC seems easy to me than swearing in court grin
Cheers.
Good
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Chiichii2010: 12:28am On Jul 11, 2014
I have been reading through this thread to see if I can see questions relating to nurses that want to migrate to canada through this route but it seems there isn't any.plz is there anybody with any information that could be of help.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:24am On Jul 11, 2014
Chiichii2010: I have been reading through this thread to see if I can see questions relating to nurses that want to migrate to canada through this route but it seems there isn't any.plz is there anybody with any information that could be of help.

It is the same process when applying as a nurse.

Do a self assessment to ascertain your eligibility.

apply for ECA

Write IELTS

gather your documents.complete your application form and send.

In between,you can seek clarification on here when and if necessary.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 11, 2014
solomonwis:

It is the same process when applying as a nurse.

Do a self assessment to ascertain your eligibility.

apply for ECA

Write IELTS

gather your documents.complete your application form and send.

In between,you can seek clarification on here when and if necessary.
Nurses seem to be okay in Nigeria. I introduced one...seeing IELTS as one of d requirements, she started dodging me until I deleted her cell number.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
Nurses seem to be okay in Nigeria. I introduced one...seeing IELTS as one of d requirements, she started dodging me until I deleted her cell number.

Waoh..... I am giving everything I have for this FSW program. Psychiatric nursing is my speciality.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by suxes2005(m): 10:06am On Jul 11, 2014
ANBAKO:

I think that you need to send both ND and HND for assessment else they might think you attended a 2 year post -secondary education.

See below excerpt from WES website.

VOCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION : Polytechnics, Teacher Training Colleges, Colleges of Nursing and Midwifery
What to Submit How to Submit
1. Clear, legible photocopies of all diplomas issued by the appropriate awarding authority
e.g. Certificate of Registration issued by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, Nigeria Certificate of Education
AND To be submitted to WES by applicant.

2. Academic transcripts for all post-secondary programs of study to be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended.

This is my personal thought.
Good luck

Whoa, thanks for the thorough explanation.

How come I never thought of going to WES to find out.

Anyways, we have the HND transcripts from the school. OND will take
time to get so once its ready they will be sent together.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 10:27am On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:

Lol, well, i am a nurse, have written IELTS and had 6 and above ( though i am planning to write another one because i really need that 24points to be able to earn 67points), have sent my documents to wes for evaluation and waiting for their response, so dont say we seem okay here. One person is not enough to draw conclusion. Though, i do have colleagues that i introduced to this but they just see the process as one mighty task so i minded my business
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 10:37am On Jul 11, 2014
Chiichii2010: I have been reading through this thread to see if I can see questions relating to nurses that want to migrate to canada through this route but it seems there isn't any.plz is there anybody with any information that could be of help.

Chichii, I am a nurse and like Solomonwise said, the process is same. i have written IELTS and have sent my credentials to wes for evaluation, waiting for their response. Reference letters for past work experience wont be difficult to get as i've had good working relationships with all my previous employers.

So, go on register for IELTS, approach wes for evaluation of your credentials

Meanwhile, how far with your sunderland application? i have an offer from both sunderland and bedfordshire for september, still working on how to make it possible.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 10:45am On Jul 11, 2014
seunlovesa:

Waoh..... I am giving everything I have for this FSW program. Psychiatric nursing is my speciality.

Hi, good to see a colleague willing to go all the way. i was beginning to think i am the only nurse doing this. keep me posted with your success.

Have written IELTS and waiting for Wes though i intend to try wes again. I need more marks that will earn me the whole 24points
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2014
queen47:

Lol, well, i am a nurse, have written IELTS and had 6 and above ( though i am planning to write another one because i really need that 24points to be able to earn 67points), have sent my documents to wes for evaluation and waiting for their response, so dont say we seem okay here. One person is not enough to draw conclusion. Though, i do have colleagues that i introduced to this but they just see the process as one mighty task so i minded my business
I didn't conclude and that was why I used that word 'seem' to make that statement, my observation or my feeling less assertive or forceful. However, major are content.

Haven't seen d materials yet? All d best!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 11, 2014
seunlovesa:

Good for you! Hope u scaled d 67-benchmark with ur IELTS' bands.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 11:26am On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
I didn't conclude and that was why I used that word 'seems' to make that statement, my observation or my feeling less assertive or forceful.

Haven't seen d materials yet? All d best!

Understood.

Yea. I have seen the materials. I replied the mail and thanked you. I thought I also confirmed it on this thread.

Thanks once more. God bless.

Currently on leave so don't have access to the kind of internet access that'd allow me study the materials well. I just openend the email and confirmed it. Can't wait to get back to work so I can really give attention to it
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2014
queen47:

Understood.

Yea. I have seen the materials. I replied the mail and thanked you. I thought I also confirmed it on this thread.

Thanks once more. God bless.

Currently on leave so don't have access to the kind of internet access that'd allow me study the materials well. I just openend the email and confirmed it. Can't wait to get back to work so I can really give attention to it
Go to a cafe, pull out all on ur flash and study offline on ur laptop or sth. One week of studying away from a workplace is better than one month while working.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shakol91(m): 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
Talk there...I'm listening.
on which particular thread sir? You can send me a link on where you want us to talk because I don't want to derail this thread. Please your contribution is highly needed to open a certain thread on education section,
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bash1oo: 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hello, Has anyone used ICAS for credential verification? What was the experience like timeline wise?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
shakol91: on which particular thread sir? You can send me a link on where you want us to talk because I don't want to derail this thread. Please your contribution is highly needed to open a certain thread on education section,
I'm not a moderator. I was thinking u knew me at a particular education thread. I mainly contribute at national open university thread... the rest are one on d road.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
queen47:

Hi, good to see a colleague willing to go all the way. i was beginning to think i am the only nurse doing this. keep me posted with your success.

Have written IELTS and waiting for Wes though i intend to try wes again. I need more marks that will earn me the whole 24points.....

Need the entire 24 points too on ielts...... My last ielts gave an aggregate of 21 points. Refiring again !!! #giving everything I got + God's bleaaings .
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
queen47:

Have written IELTS and waiting for Wes though i intend to try wes again. I need more marks that will earn me the whole 24points.....

Need the entire 24 points too on ielts...... My last ielts gave an aggregate of 21 points. Refiring again !!! #giving everything I got + God's blessings .
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
Go to a cafe, pull out all on ur flash and study offline on ur laptop or sth. One week of studying away from a workplace is better than one month while working.

@ fermadiko : Won't mind having more ielts materials too . seunlovesall@gmail.com is my email. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Chiichii2010: 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
seunlovesa:

@seun, plz can u put me through,was abt leaving to sunderland b4 thy put us on hold for oct batch for bsc,so I need to be doing anoda tin till sch tin is ready,i wrote ielts had 6.5 in June but I want to rewrite.plz can u atleast put me thro on how to stat off,do we need to write board exams like,nclex or wotever.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Chiichii2010: 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
queen47:

Chichii, I am a nurse and like Solomonwise said, the process is same. i have written IELTS and have sent my credentials to wes for evaluation, waiting for their response. Reference letters for past work experience wont be difficult to get as i've had good working relationships with all my previous employers.

So, go on register for IELTS, approach wes for evaluation of your credentials

Meanwhile, how far with your sunderland application? i have an offer from both sunderland and bedfordshire for september, still working on how to make it possible.
@queen,sunderland seems to be having problems thy said no more admission for now,bedfordshire seems to ve rectify there own but fees on high side for me,so that's y iam trying to see if I can start sth this year so it does not waste.am happy there are other nurses. Plz can I pm u,just for few questions, so u put me thro,i am to rewrite ielts,got 6.5 in june.anoda tin is do we need to write nclex or wot.thanks for your help
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fabuloustee(f): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
Pls house Am a RN, wants to migrate to Canada to do my BSC nd start working, Hw do u think I can go about it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
fabuloustee: Pls house Am a RN, wants to migrate to Canada to do my BSC nd start working, Hw do u think I can go about it.

You can start from here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

Just out of curiosity,when you wrote "wants to migrate to Canada to do my BSC" . How do you mean?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=Chiichii2010]
@seun, plz can u put me through,was abt leaving to sunderland b4 thy put us on hold for oct batch for bsc,so I need to be doing anoda tin till sch tin is ready,i wrote ielts had 6.5 in June but I want to rewrite.plz can u atleast put me thro on how to stat off,do we need to write board exams like,nclex or wotever.[/quot

Moving to Canada as a Nigerian nurse comprises of two stages : Registration and immigration. Either can be done first, or together at the same time.

Your registration as a nurse in Canada depends on your speciality. There are different boards regulating RN, LPN, and RPN. You pick the board in the province you wanna register with. However, come August 2014, registration as a foreign trained nurse in Canada will be controlled by a national body. This body will evaluate your credentials and forward the result to the appropriate province you wanna register with.
Depending on the outcome of your evaluation, u can be invited to write the board exam of the speciality you chose or you can be required to undergo a bridging program.

Immigrating to Canada can be done via FSW or PNP and other similar programs.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
seunlovesa:

@ fermadiko : Won't mind having more ielts materials too . seunlovesall@gmail.com is my email. Thanks
OK...sent. I hope you guys are calculating d points very well...to avoid over-laboring for no just course.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
fabuloustee: Pls house Am a RN, wants to migrate to Canada to do my BSC nd start working, Hw do u think I can go about it.
I love nurses!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
OK...sent. I hope you guys are calculating d points very well...to avoid over-laboring for no just course.

Thanks bro..... Got the materials.

Smile @ over laboring. The reason peeps are rewriting ielts for a better score is that peeps are single and would love to travel solo. Thus, Ignoring points that could have been accrued from " adaptability" jejely if one's spouse writes ielts.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
seunlovesa:

Thanks bro..... Got the materials.

Smile @ over laboring. The reason peeps are rewriting ielts for a better score is that peeps are single and would love to travel solo. Thus, Ignoring points that could have been accrued from " adaptability" jejely if one's spouse writes ielts.
Me too...traveling solo. Wldnt mind tango for real. Hahahaha
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
Me too...traveling solo. Wldnt mind tango for real. Hahahaha
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
Chiichii2010:
@queen,sunderland seems to be having problems thy said no more admission for now,bedfordshire seems to ve rectify there own but fees on high side for me,so that's y iam trying to see if I can start sth this year so it does not waste.am happy there are other nurses. Plz can I pm u,just for few questions, so u put me thro,i am to rewrite ielts,got 6.5 in june.anoda tin is do we need to write nclex or wot.thanks for your help

Oh! I was never that interested in sunderland. Have friends there that adviced me to go to bedfordshire so.

Meanwhile, saw you Pmed me, I can't access that email right now. Resend the mai to Let me know once u get this address so I can take it off.

I am not sure you need to write nclex. Its not part of the requirement for FSWP but that doesn't mean you will be able to practise in canada with your licence here as you are only licenced to practise in Nigeria. Canada has it own board responsible for registration of nurses. When we get there, we will worry about that.

Meanwhile, I am looking at writing both the general and acadmic version of IELTS cos the academic version is needed for registration with canadian board
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:

My dear eh, no be small calculating very well. That's actually part of the reasons I am delaying registering for another IELTS as I am waiting to hear from wes and see what my certificate was evaluated as.

Meanwhile, see what I calculated. Help me cross check and see if its possible for this to earn me the required points

English lang -24 (assuming I write again and hit the 24points)
Age- 12 less than 35
Work experience -45months
Education- 19-21 ( really don't know what my qualifications will be evaluated as)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.