Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828941 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hollaugo: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
Is there any benefit in using Canadian Immigration Lawyers for your application ? is there preference given to applicants who use cic registered lawyers?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by haseebhas: 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
haseebhas: Hi
I wanna know if i qualify under federal skilled programe that what kind of visa will be issued and what will be the duration of visa will i get my pr as soon as i reach canada
Regards
Please answer above mentioned questions thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
livepluslife: @ferdimako Pls don't be angry, I was trying to make sure am doing the right thing
What an annoying thing you did. Don't even believe any inputs here...so belittling. I took my time to expatiate and this is what u make of it...go get an immigration lawyer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
haseebhas:
Please answer above mentioned questions thanks smiley
The outcome is a PR visa....read the thread and other resources.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
hollaugo: Is there any benefit in using Canadian Immigration Lawyers for your application ? is there preference given to applicants who use cic registered lawyers?
yes...he gets u d visa in two weeks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
@ferdimako. You are doing a good job here and God will bless you for it. You should know that there are so many opposing views about fsw process. We all try to interpret it our own way. I appreciate your time and advise. That's why I said Pls. But then you rubbed it in. It's OK, Na only me Waka come
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
hollaugo: Thanks Damkollins, Would i have to do the conversion of the funds for them to Canadian dollars as well. My account is in Naira, Am I to attach a letter doing the conversion Please advice.
No need of doing that.....it CIC's Job to do that.Besides,the instruction doesn't says that.
Attached is the print screen of the instruction.....
The instruction says the proof should be shown in " convertible currency"..
I have also attached a definition of convertible currency and it seems to me that NGN is a fully convertible currency.
You can do the conversion to clear your conscience.....but its not really needed.
Cheers.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
damkollins:
Between 19th and 23rd May,2014.
Cheers.
shuuu, my NOC is over 100 now, i still await my school to send my transcript to ICAS, thats the thing keeping me from submitting. i just believe i might be able to submit by Nov. 2014. i just hope my NOC won't have reached its cap.
let me ask, my Int'l passport will expire end of Oct. 2014, since i might not be able to submit till after it expires. should i just update my forms with the details of the renewed passport as i have already fill the form using my current passport. please i need answers. thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
meta4:
shuuu, my NOC is over 100 now, i still await my school to send my transcript to ICAS, thats the thing keeping me from submitting. i just believe i might be able to submit by Nov. 2014. i just hope my NOC won't have reached its cap.
let me ask, my Int'l passport will expire end of Oct. 2014, since i might not be able to submit till after it expires. should i just update my forms with the details of the renewed passport as i have already fill the form using my current passport. please i need answers. thanks
Yes...Please update your details with the renewed passport document.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hollaugo: 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
damkollins:
No need of doing that.....it CIC's Job to do that.Besides,the instruction doesn't says that.
Attached is the print screen of the instruction.....
The instruction says the proof should be shown in " convertible currency"..
I have also attached a definition of convertible currency and it seems to me that NGN is a fully convertible currency.
You can do the conversion to clear your conscience.....but its not really needed.
Cheers.
Thanks I appreciate your help so far. I have actually gotten everything as of this afternoon. My NOC is at 161, Hope i am successful eventually and as i submit this I remain grateful to you and Solomon for all the help and advice. Its been great. Hopefully i can contribute my own experiences as well.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by vickkyplus: 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
pls am new here.Is this the same as the Federal skill trade program? If not,what is the difference?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
livepluslife: @ferdimako. You are doing a good job here and God will bless you for it. You should know that there are so many opposing views about fsw process. We all try to interpret it our own way. I appreciate your time and advise. That's why I said Pls. But then you rubbed it in. It's OK, Na only me Waka come
Wow...I saw a comment @ Students' thread, somebody was saying nobody is a professional there. The difference is one is being paid while d other does d same job without asking for any pay. Isn't that wonderfully unbelievable? Even if a professional handled ur package, u can't sue when a visa was refused and u must have paid. From $3,000 upward. Nobody can handle ur stuff more than u especially when u are on this open-source-kind-of forum.

I had to rub it in, my dear. It pained me! I was saying what...u were telling us how getting ur hubby to do d IELTS and d cash for family of 6 could be a herculean task. U have got ur materials and get going while ur hubby hit what Ms Bcolah got (24), u hit at what Mrs Meritl got... tantadaa...why doubting us or making us repeat? We are professionals without pay...I would soon start charging grin

I'm not even ready till next year...express entry!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
smiley it's OK. If you like kiss hotplate I will keep asking you questions repeatedly. smiley smiley thanks all for being there. Nigeria is truly blessed with selfless people and this forum proves it. God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by henmaris: 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Now in the waiting game, from the application update I hope it's my application that has been updated as the only complete file for NOC 4214. I checked at www.Cic.gc.ca/english/immigration/skilled/complete_applications.asp. .please what will happen if I'm pregnant when called up for medical given that I won't be able to do an x/Ray?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
henmaris: Now in the waiting game, from the application update I hope it's my application that has been updated as the only complete file for NOC 4214. I checked at www.Cic.gc.ca/english/immigration/skilled/complete_applications.asp. .please what will happen if I'm pregnant when called up for medical given that I won't be able to do an x/Ray?

When did you submit? You should have gotten a PER from CIC.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
Officially married today. Thank God for everything.
Filling my apps tomorrow in view of submitting next week Saturday.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
Meritl: Officially married today. Thank God for everything.
Great...inbox photos!LOL.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 05, 2014
henmaris: Now in the waiting game, from the application update I hope it's my application that has been updated as the only complete file for NOC 4214. I checked at www.Cic.gc.ca/english/immigration/skilled/complete_applications.asp. .please what will happen if I'm pregnant when called up for medical given that I won't be able to do an x/Ray?
Delay that belly grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by MCqueens: 2:56am On Sep 06, 2014
Goodday house, please does WES evaluate statement of result?can I use my B.sc statement of result for FSWP as my certificate is not readily available? Secondly, I will b writing IELTS in Benin city 20th of september but I hav not yet received test details. What should I do?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 06, 2014
MCqueens: Goodday house, please does WES evaluate statement of result?can I use my B.sc statement of result for FSWP as my certificate is not readily available? Secondly, I will b writing IELTS in Benin city 20th of september but I hav not yet received test details. What should I do?
I think so...u can write to WES directly to find out. British Council will still contact u, time remains.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by temislim1: 8:12am On Sep 06, 2014
Hello good people. This is a great thread. OP, Pls can u send me your email address. I need someone to help me through the application process so I don't make mistakes. I am new to this and don't even know how to start. Really appreciate this. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mist(f): 11:35am On Sep 06, 2014
Good day everyone. Please can anyone send me the ielts materials. My email addy is retypeme@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 1:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
hi,I salute all the immigration gurus without borders on this thread. My wife's academic credential is currently being assessed by WES and will soon be getting her final report. She sent her masters and B.sc credentials. B.Sc credentials were in her maiden name while postgraduate are in her married name from the same school.I'm surprise that WES has changed her profile name on their site to the maiden despite registering on WES site with her new mame (marital).I included photocopy of our marriage certificate in the academic certf.sent to WES. Does it mean they've concluded evaluation of the B.sc and not on the M.sc?
I also hope the final report won't be in her maiden name.Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
jangirova: hi,I salute all the immigration gurus without borders on this thread. My wife's academic credential is currently being assessed by WES and will soon be getting her final report. She sent her masters and B.sc credentials. B.Sc credentials were in her maiden name while postgraduate are in her married name from the same school.I'm surprise that WES has changed her profile name on their site to the maiden despite registering on WES site with her new mame (marital).I included photocopy of our marriage certificate in the academic certf.sent to WES. Does it mean they've concluded evaluation of the B.sc and not on the M.sc?
If u had checked equivalence and it matched Canadian masters...u would have sent only the Masters. Why assessing a B.Sc when it won't give a point? Try reaching WES on the name you wanna have on d ECA...maybe d marriage cert didn't cut it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
jangirova: hi,I salute all the immigration gurus without borders on this thread. My wife's academic credential is currently being assessed by WES and will soon be getting her final report. She sent her masters and B.sc credentials. B.Sc credentials were in her maiden name while postgraduate are in her married name from the same school.I'm surprise that WES has changed her profile name on their site to the maiden despite registering on WES site with her new mame (marital).I included photocopy of our marriage certificate in the academic certf.sent to WES. Does it mean they've concluded evaluation of the B.sc and not on the M.sc?

By including her marriage certificate,you have given an implicit intention to have her name changed(I am not sure of what the name is called in legal terms). This was further buttressed by the fact that qualifications subsequent to her marriage all bear her "new name". You have nothing to worry about,just ensure you at every point include a letter explaining the "discrepancy" backed by the marriage certificate - It is not a discrepancy as such.

The final report (which will most probably focus on her highest qualification) will have the same name as is on the postgraduate qualifications. A newspaper publication stating the particulars of the marriage with "all other documents remain valid" plus the marriage certificate will provide explanation at all times..

Note that no matter the letter you write to WES you most probably might not reverse the name that the ECA result will bear. Nothing cause for alarm..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omasa: 5:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
queen47:

Those NMC people are so unserious. Please try them on this no, i think its the registrar 08090883523. That other no for verification is perpetually switched off

Been trying to reach u but it seems the msgs aren't delivering.how far with wes evaluation.am getting mine on monday. But rn was evaluated as 3 years hosp trainingand study.I hrd its bn a prob formost nurses cos fswp rejects d application.wes was supposed to write it as 3 year diploma
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
temislim1: Hello good people. This is a great thread. OP, Pls can u send me your email address. I need someone to help me through the application process so I don't make mistakes. I am new to this and don't even know how to start. Really appreciate this. Thank you.

Openness is the watch word here...I will advise you not to engage in any private discussion with anyone on a public forum. There are different people with diverse intention who genuinely appear to offer assistance. They most probably will capitalize on your naivety and the end thereof is better left than imagined....

Having said the above,please lay whatever it is you have as query open so people who have gone through the same route can advise how they did theirs successfully.

Nonetheless, there are MANY people here with genuine intention and what I wrote above is not to discredit anyone BUT ask openly here and you shall be assisted to the best of the ability of experienced people here...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
Meritl: Officially married today. Thank God for everything.

Congratulations,happy married life...Don't let CIC or FSWP delay your "shooting" grin. "Shoot" if you must,when you get to the point of medical,you shall cross it with minimal restriction (if any)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2014

When pregnant,the medical consultant will advise if the medical examination can be conducted depending on the stage of the pregnancy. Most times,the baby is shielded/protected while the X-tray is being taken...If it is unsafe to undergo the X-stray,the medical examination might be delayed till after the baby is born....

Like I said earlier to @Meritl,don't let CIC or FSWP delay performing your "official duty" at home...Please shoot if you must!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
solomonwis:
Like I said earlier to @Meritl,don't let CIC or FSWP delay performing your "official duty" at home...Please shoot if you must!
grin grin grin
solomonwis:
Congratulations,happy married life...Don't let CIC or FSWP delay your "shooting" grin. "Shoot" if you must,when you get to the point of medical,you shall cross it with minimal restriction (if any)
grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
omasa:

Been trying to reach u but it seems the msgs aren't delivering.how far with wes evaluation.am getting mine on monday. But rn was evaluated as 3 years hosp trainingand study.I hrd its bn a prob formost nurses cos fswp rejects d application.wes was supposed to write it as 3 year diploma

I saw the email notification but can't access that mail now cos I am using my phone. Will check it when I get to work on monday.

As for wes, I soft pedaled cos I needed to sort out a few personal things besides, Nmc said my docs didn't get to them and wes asked me to pay roughly 100dollars to send it via courier. Will do that later.

Meanwhile, I'm amazed RN is evaluated as hosp training. What was your post basic qualification evaluated as? Really don't know what hosp training amounts to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.