Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,810 members, 7,824,372 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829297 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omasa: 6:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
queen47:

I saw the email notification but can't access that mail now cos I am using my phone. Will check it when I get to work on monday.

As for wes, I soft pedaled cos I needed to sort out a few personal things besides, Nmc said my docs didn't get to them and wes asked me to pay roughly 100dollars to send it via courier. Will do that later.

Meanwhile, I'm amazed RN is evaluated as hosp training. What was your post basic qualification evaluated as? Really don't know what hosp training amounts to.

Ok.I evaluated jst my rn dint do for my postbasic
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
solomonwis:

Congratulations,happy married life...Don't let CIC or FSWP delay your "shooting" grin. "Shoot" if you must,when you get to the point of medical,you shall cross it with minimal restriction (if any)

Lol. Been quite busy since morning.
Thanks all for the support.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by henmaris: 4:07am On Sep 07, 2014
[quote author=solomonwis]
When pregnant,the medical consultant will advise if the medical examination can be conducted depending on the stage of the pregnancy. Most times,the baby is shielded/protected while the X-tray is being taken...If it is unsafe to undergo the X-stray,the medical examination might be delayed till after the baby is born....
Like I said earlier to @Meritl,don't let CIC or FSWP delay performing your "official duty" at home...Please shoot if you must! [/quote
THANKS SOLOMONWIS I REALLY DO APPRECIATE.I THINK I HAVE TO MOVE ON WITH MY official duty lol.ACTUALLY CIC OR FSWP IS NOT SUPPOSED TO DELAY MY FAMILY.BLESS U
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by prupru(m): 5:42am On Sep 07, 2014
pls, i have HND and BSC should i send both certificate to WES?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
prupru: pls, i have HND and BSC should i send both certificate to WES?
Bsc alone is fine.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
[quote author=henmaris][/quote]
na to increase POF and other stuff go folo.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by apata(m): 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
@solomonwis
I have been following ur post. You are doing a great job. May God reward you excellently.i need you to guide me on this.
1 we are family of 4. What is the financial requirement for us.
2 is the program a yearly thing?
3 for us to meet up for next year 2015 , what are those thing I should start doing now.
4 am principal applicĂ nt with HND in accounting and ACA.
5. do you start a better chance if you use agent in candan. Am in contact with canreach.
Thanks and God bless. No mind if I can get ur email.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
apata: @solomonwis
I have been following ur post. You are doing a great job. May God reward you excellently.i need you to guide me on this.
1 we are family of 4. What is the financial requirement for us.
2 is the program a yearly thing?
3 for us to meet up for next year 2015 , what are those thing I should start doing now.
4 am principal applicĂ nt with HND in accounting and ACA.
5. do you start a better chance if you use agent in candan. Am in contact with canreach.
Thanks and God bless. No mind if I can get ur email.

1. The financial requirement for a family of 4 (Proof of Settlement Fund) is CAD$21,971. There are of course,other costs incidental to sending your application to Canada such as (i) Evaluation of academic results fee (ii) IELTS test (iii) Logistics encompassing courier/other cost

2. The program is supposed to be a yearly thing but this is at the discretion of the Canadian Govt. depending on their immigration requirement. The program could be "paused" as it was in 2012,could be re-designed to accommodate economic,social,political realities of the present day as "Express Entry" to be introduced in January 2015 might be..and could be totally scrapped (I know a lot of people will say God forbid! grin)

3. First thing is to get your academic qualifications assessed by one of the approved agencies. Second,Write your IELTS test with good score band (along with our wife if you are married and she has the capability and capacity to write the test). Third,obtain work references from all your employers in the last 10 years.The work reference should meet the specification of the CIC as detailed on the checklist here attached http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf . check item number 12 on the list. Check for update on the immigration website on www.cic.gc.ca at all times to see if there are changes. You can also be kept abreast of all changes on this thread.

4. The Canadian equivalency of your qualifications will be determined by the approved agency of your choice. Keep the ECA result as it will last you for 5 years

5. You don't stand a better chance with any agency in terms of processing with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) but maybe you stand a better chance in terms of guiding you on how to package a successful application thereby taking the stress off you (They can only take the stress off you or so it seems but cannot take the responsibilities off you). It is still your responsibility to ensure your application package meet the requirements of CIC. Always remember to make use of a CIC approved agent IF YOU MUST.

I think the very essence of this thread is to take the stress of you and make you avoid paying so much money to agents. Here on this thread,you can get to ask questions from people who have already walked the route before (and I bet you,no agency can give you this much). You get first hand information. You can always read through people posts here and ask questions here where necessary and you will be assisted by everyone who has had an experience applying for the program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hello house. I've got a question related to question 11 in the SCHEDULE 3: ECONOMIC CLASS FORM.
1. Want to confirm if the " amount written under "settlement funds" will be the same as that written in my statement or account balance. Also, is Total funds available for settlement = Assets-Liabilities?

2. I am not providing any National ID document , as I don't have the national ID card. Any penalties for not filling this?( I did not fill the " NATIONAL IDENTITY DOCUMENT" section in the GENERAL APPLICATION FORM).

3. My wife's docs (IELTS, CERT & PASSPORT ) all bear her father's name. I'm I okay to submit her docs like that ? As I am not doing a change of name for her.(question 3 has been asked and "answered" previously, but I just need a fresher)

Thanks for all my trouble...............
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:16am On Sep 08, 2014
Meritl: Hello house. I've got a question related to question 11 in the SCHEDULE 3: ECONOMIC CLASS FORM.
1. Want to confirm if the " amount written under "settlement funds" will be the same as that written in my statement or account balance. Also, is Total funds available for settlement = Assets-Liabilities?

2. I am not providing any National ID document , as I don't have the national ID card. Any penalties for not filling this?( I did not fill the " NATIONAL IDENTITY DOCUMENT" section in the GENERAL APPLICATION FORM).

3. My wife's docs (IELTS, CERT & PASSPORT ) all bear her father's name. I'm I okay to submit her docs like that ? As I am not doing a change of name for her.(question 3 has been asked and "answered" previously, but I just need a fresher)

Thanks for all my trouble...............
1.Its okay if the same amount you wrote for settlement of fund is the same as equivalent for your summary total of statement of account.
Settlement of fund may not always equal to Assets - Liabilities as you put it.
Example shown should be okay for your question... Assets : $15,000
Liabilities$ 0.000
SOF :$15,000
2.National I.D is not compulsory question....you can just pick "NO".
3.The Marriage certificate received from the registry should suffix for this....you may also include the news paper changer/notification of name change if you have it.If not,the one I mentioned is okay.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 11:31am On Sep 08, 2014
Hello house,

For purpose of clarification for addition to my applications,

1. Do i need to include spouse's school certificates (University and WAEC)?
2. Do i need to include souse's change of name affidavit aside the Marriage certificate or both affidavit and marriage certificate
3. Do i need to include newpaper publication for the spouse change of name

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:34am On Sep 08, 2014
damkollins:
1.Its okay if the same amount you wrote for settlement of fund is the same as equivalent for your summary total of statement of account.
Settlement of fund may not always equal to Assets - Liabilities as you put it.
Example shown should be okay for your question... Assets : $15,000
Liabilities$ 0.000
SOF :$15,000
2.National I.D is not compulsory question....you can just pick "NO".
3.The Marriage certificate received from the registry should suffix for this....you may also include the news paper changer/notification of name change if you have it.If not,the one I mentioned is okay.
Cheers.

Thanks man.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kudsweet(f): 11:47am On Sep 08, 2014
Pls house, my hubby & I both have OND in bus admin, I have a personal business(registered) & he works with a bank.
Is there any chances of applying for this program?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
unibadan: Hello house,

For purpose of clarification for addition to my applications,

1. Do i need to include spouse's school certificates (University and WAEC)?
2. Do i need to include souse's change of name affidavit aside the Marriage certificate or both affidavit and marriage certificate
3. Do i need to include newpaper publication for the spouse change of name

Thank you in anticipation.

1.No
2.above u
3.above u
Nawa.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
kudsweet: Pls house, my hubby & I both have OND in bus admin, I have a personal business(registered) & he works with a bank.
Is there any chances of applying for this program?
Calculate ur points and compare ur duties. Just read up d thread.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
ferdimako:
1.No
2.above u
3.above u
Nawa.

Thanks ferdimako. I do not understand your answer to question 2 & 3 'above u'
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
unibadan:

Thanks ferdimako. I do not understand your answer to question 2 & 3 'above u'

It means it was answered in the post to my question.
Check through this page (97).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AyaNiyi: 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Meritl:

It means it was answered in the post to my question.
Check through this page (97).

I think spouse education is important, see the checklist and see what to submit..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
AyaNiyi:

I think spouse education is important, see the checklist and see what to submit..

It is not in the checklist.

If you have seen it there, kindly share.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
unibadan:

It is not in the checklist.

If you have seen it there, kindly share.

Thanks.
Evidences for it is not requested ........only the personal information of the background declaration form for spouse needs to contain the details.
Apart from it .....you do not need to include it.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
Got a couple of questions:

1. some forms are not applicable to me. what do i do with them? e.g use of representative form, additional dependants/declaration

2. on the checklist it says , " gather your documents in the order of the checklist and check each item. Attach small items such as photos and certified cheques with a paper clip, otherwise LEAVE DOCUMENTS UNBOUND". doest it mean there is no point stapling documents together and even the forms (most of the forms are more than one page)?

thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dear Solomon and other forum members
How is the right of permanent residence fee paid. Is it by draft or credit card like the application fee
Also i was requested to pay for processing fee for my new child in addition to other documents. How am i to pay for this
I received the email for medicals but have not seen the medical forms sent via post from accra. What do i do
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hello all
Pls i came across a friend who used an agent and she told me that documents submitted must meet accra visa checklist and not just that of cic.there are slight differencies in the two.does any one who has been successful have an advice or experienced pple in the house
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
seunlovesa: Got a couple of questions:
1. some forms are not applicable to me. what do i do with them? e.g use of representative form, additional dependants/declaration
2. on the checklist it says , " gather your documents in the order of the checklist and check each item. Attach small items such as photos and certified cheques with a paper clip, otherwise LEAVE DOCUMENTS UNBOUND". doest it mean there is no point stapling documents together and even the forms (most of the forms are more than one page)?
thanks
1.Leave out the forms that are not applicable to you.
2.Please do not staple any forms together.....at most arrange them according to the document checklist listing and leave them unbound as instructed.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Eni23: 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hi,

What happens after CIC withdraws the application fee from the credit card?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by subsidy12: 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
hi must it be a credit card? can a Master card or visa debit card suffice?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
damkollins:
1.Leave out the forms that are not applicable to you.
2.Please do not staple any forms together.....at most arrange them according to the document checklist listing and leave them unbound as instructed.
Cheers

@ Damkollins, are you suggesting that I should look forward to rejection, I stapled and clip my documents / forms while sending oh! I beg make money nor enter bush oh!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
3rdHigh:

@ Damkollins, are you suggesting that I should look forward to rejection, I stapled and clip my documents / forms while sending oh! I beg make money nor enter bush oh!
Don't look forward to rejection .....you did it out without properly reading the instruction ......I can assure you that it won't lead to rejection...Atleast I've not heard of any such rejection or denials .
I only strongly advise intending applicants not to make such mistake.
Relax and be calm.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Eni23: Hi,
What happens after CIC withdraws the application fee from the credit card?
Thanks
Withdraws.....you mean credit card debated with the processing fee....it's 90% assurance that your application package has been positively accessed and that they have remove processing fees......yet is to wait for PERS email notification to be 100% sure of positive eligibility .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
subsidy12: hi must it be a credit card? can a Master card or visa debit card suffice?
Both seems fine but you need to be sure yours is authorized for such translation so as not to have payment issues and your package subsequently returned back to you unprocessed .
If you can not take the risk of credit/debit cards.......please kindly use draft.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
bees74: Hello all
Pls i came across a friend who used an agent and she told me that documents submitted must meet accra visa checklist and not just that of cic.there are slight differencies in the two.does any one who has been successful have an advice or experienced pple in the house
Accra checklist is surely embedded inside CIC checklist so it is not contradictory.
May be you need to be specific about what you mean by checklist.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Eni23: 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
damkollins:
Withdraws.....you mean credit card debated with the processing fee....it's 90% assurance that your application package has been positively accessed and that they have remove processing fees......yet is to wait for PERS email notification to be 100% sure of positive eligibility .
Cheers

Yes they took the processing fee. When should I expect the PERS email ?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.