Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827867 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
Eni23:
Yes they took the processing fee. When should I expect the PERS email ?
Thanks
Hopefully ......within the next two weeks or thereabouts .
When was your application received?
When was your credit card charged ?
For the benefit of the applicant asking about credit or debit card ......please which one did u used?
Credit or debit card?
Congrats for your credit card that was charged......
Congrats in anticipation of your PERS email reception.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
ifechukwukamso: Dear Solomon and other forum members
How is the right of permanent residence fee paid. Is it by draft or credit card like the application fee
Also i was requested to pay for processing fee for my new child in addition to other documents. How am i to pay for this
I received the email for medicals but have not seen the medical forms sent via post from accra. What do i do
Thanks
Congrats for your medical request .
Don't worry....the forms will be sent to you within or after 24hours.....be checking your mails...it will surely come.
On the mode of payment.......I'm presuming Accra is your local visa office so my response is referencing to Accra visa office.
Accra don't seems to accept online payment for RPRF .....they accept only Bank drafts or Certified cheques in Ghanian ,US or Canadian funds (currencies).The processing fee of 150CAD for your new born too will follow same mode as listed above .
Please check the link below to confirm what i said......
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx
I'm sure the address to send the draft to will be contacted in your mail....or check the website with other forms to be updated.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
Thanks so very much Damkolin
I am so very grateful
God bless you
Any other response will make assurance double.
Thanks again
damkollins:
Congrats for your medical request .
Don't worry....the forms will be sent to you within or after 24hours.....be checking your mails...it will surely come.
On the mode of payment.......I'm presuming Accra is your local visa office so my response is referencing to Accra visa office.
Accra don't seems to accept online payment for RPRF .....they accept only Bank drafts or Certified cheques in Ghanian ,US or Canadian funds (currencies).The processing fee of 150CAD for your new born too will follow same mode as listed above .
Please check the link below to confirm what i said......
I'm sure the address to send the draft to will be contacted in your mail....or check the website with other forms to be updated.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
subsidy12: hi must it be a credit card? can a Master card or visa debit card suffice?
Credit card is different from debit card. What we mainly have here is the latter. So ur Master or visa card is a debit card and either is acceptable, so long as it is open for online transactions and u have cash to cover ur payment. Have almost twice d needed amount.

Credit cards are mainly a foreign platform for now... u don't have to have the money...they believe u work... so they loan u. This is a problem for them there, as some people are entangled in debts and bad history.

U can raise a bank draft through GT in favor of CIC, Sydney, Nova Scotia in CAD. This appears to be d surest.

But if u can't, fill out d form for payment with ur debit card info. If u have a pal in Canada, ship ur package to him, he puts his credit card details and ships ur package to Nova Scotia.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Eni23: 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
damkollins:
Hopefully ......within the next two weeks or thereabouts .
When was your application received?
When was your credit card charged ?
For the benefit of the applicant asking about credit or debit card ......please which one did u used?
Credit or debit card?
Congrats for your credit card that was charged......
Congrats in anticipation of your PERS email reception.
Cheers

My application was received on the 23rd of May ( NOC 1112), and the credit card was charged today. I used a credit card (master card).
So, you are saying that if I receive the PERS than i am accepted?

Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hi all, Pls I need help with the format of reference letter. Employer says I should write it. Sample plsss
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
livepluslife: Hi all, Pls I need help with the format of reference letter. Employer says I should write it. Sample plsss
Google it, go to CIC site for d duties. Then ask ur hubby his roles and duties...get them on his employer's letterhead and his superior should sign. My opinion only!

PS; Na u be primary applicant now?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
caps update:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

Total received toward the overall cap: 2,761 of 25,000
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
what is a mailing label?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Eni23:
My application was received on the 23rd of May ( NOC 1112), and the credit card was charged today. I used a credit card (master card).
So, you are saying that if I receive the PERS than i am accepted?
Thanks smiley
YESS.....1000%....your file will be transferred to the visa office indicated on your generic form.
Unless you fail medical test or your POF isn't available if/when later asked.....you are home dry to Canada .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
seunlovesa: what is a mailing label?
I just asked Google now and u can.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
ferdimako:
I just asked Google now and u can.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
@ferdimako. Thanks alot. Hubby is still principal applicant. Any question I ask refers to him. Am the driver of project canada smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
livepluslife: @ferdimako. Thanks alot. Hubby is still principal applicant. Any question I ask refers to him. Am the driver of project canada smiley
OK.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Congrats to all getting their PER's
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
seunlovesa: what is a mailing label?
For mailing label .......use Microsoft word to write your full names and mailing address on an A4 sized paper.....make it two on a page.
Print it out and cut it into two and include them in your application package.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Delov2: 12:03am On Sep 09, 2014
Good day everyone. Please can anyone send me the
IELTS materials..pls I rilly need it urgently... my email address is ..sayd12k5@yahoo.com....tank
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:11am On Sep 09, 2014
bees74: Hello all
Pls i came across a friend who used an agent and she told me that documents submitted must meet accra visa checklist and not just that of cic.there are slight differencies in the two.does any one who has been successful have an advice or experienced pple in the house

Have you made effort to see the "Accra version" yourself? The agent must be one of the quacks around!

The Central Intake Office of the CIC is saddled with the responsibility of assessing application to ensure completeness of application and eligibility of applicants. The visa offices of the CIC all over the world makes the final decision on PR applications.

There's no visa office version of the checklist for FSWP....The only checklist acceptable is the one on the CIC website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:20am On Sep 09, 2014
ifechukwukamso: Dear Solomon and other forum members
How is the right of permanent residence fee paid. Is it by draft or credit card like the application fee
Also i was requested to pay for processing fee for my new child in addition to other documents. How am i to pay for this
I received the email for medicals but have not seen the medical forms sent via post from accra. What do i do
Thanks

Quoting from the Accra Visa Office website...

"... The Canadian High Commission in Accra accepts fees in Canadian dollars, U.S. dollars, and Ghanaian cedis. Processing fees are non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application.
Correct fees must be paid when submitting the application or the application will not be accepted.
Fees are non-refundable, except for Right of Permanent Residence Fee. RPRF is refundable if refused or not landed.
Fees are subject to change without notice.
Method of Payment

Only the following forms of payment, in Ghanaian, U.S. or Canadian funds, are acceptable:

Certified Cheque
Bank Draft

*** Note: We do not accept personal cheques

Bank Draft and Certified Cheques:

Payment to be made by bank draft or certified cheque.
Cedi payments are payable to "The Canadian High Commission".
If you are paying in Canadian dollars, the bank draft or certified cheque should be addressed to the Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on a Canadian bank.
If you are paying in US dollars, the bank draft or certified cheque should be addressed to the Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on an American bank.
Important: Bank drafts and certified cheques have a limited validity. Ensure that your bank draft or certified cheque is not older than 4 months for Canadian and American Bank drafts and 6 months for Ghanaian Bank drafts when it reaches our office.

You can raise a bank draft IFO The receiver General for Canada in Canadian dollar from Guaranty Trust Bank for all fees as requested.

As mentioned by damkollins,your medical form should be in your mail a maximum of 48 hours after the medical instruction.

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 1:43am On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks again and again solomonwis
God bless y'all
And wishing everyone success

solomonwis:

Quoting from the Accra Visa Office website...

"... The Canadian High Commission in Accra accepts fees in Canadian dollars, U.S. dollars, and Ghanaian cedis. Processing fees are non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application.
Correct fees must be paid when submitting the application or the application will not be accepted.
Fees are non-refundable, except for Right of Permanent Residence Fee. RPRF is refundable if refused or not landed.
Fees are subject to change without notice.
Method of Payment

Only the following forms of payment, in Ghanaian, U.S. or Canadian funds, are acceptable:

Certified Cheque
Bank Draft

*** Note: We do not accept personal cheques

Bank Draft and Certified Cheques:

Payment to be made by bank draft or certified cheque.
Cedi payments are payable to "The Canadian High Commission".
If you are paying in Canadian dollars, the bank draft or certified cheque should be addressed to the Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on a Canadian bank.
If you are paying in US dollars, the bank draft or certified cheque should be addressed to the Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on an American bank.
Important: Bank drafts and certified cheques have a limited validity. Ensure that your bank draft or certified cheque is not older than 4 months for Canadian and American Bank drafts and 6 months for Ghanaian Bank drafts when it reaches our office.

You can raise a bank draft IFO The receiver General for Canada in Canadian dollar from Guaranty Trust Bank for all fees as requested.

As mentioned by damkollins,your medical form should be in your mail a maximum of 48 hours after the medical instruction.

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 3:04am On Sep 09, 2014
ferdimako:
Google it, go to CIC site for d duties. Then ask ur hubby his roles and duties...get them on his employer's letterhead and his superior should sign. My opinion only!

PS; Na u be primary applicant now?

i just went through that CIC spread sheet, saw alot of rejected applications. lets be very thorough with our checklist to ensure nothing is left out before submission.
i also saw some rejected for unable to provide evidence of performing the duties in their reference letter and Parents names not indicated in BC. please what else can serve as proof for this? as i was only given reference letter which i made request for by my technical director cos am under NOC 2131. i have my employment letter and pay slips though. anybody with this info ?please as i'm about to submit once i get my report from ICAS. thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tycooniyke: 4:32am On Sep 09, 2014
Good Morning All,

Am still very new on Nairaland, actually, this is my first post. I have gone through your various posts, its quite informative, thanks for your benevolence.

I have collected all relevant documents and I want to send my application to CIC within the week but I need to clarify somethings. Firstly, do I need to send an explanation letter if I am using a Declaration of Age instead of a birth certificate? Secondly, I plan to use a GTB Bank Draft to pay for my application fee, hope it would be accepted? Thirdly, I would appreciate any other tips that would facilitate speedy processing of my application.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:40am On Sep 09, 2014
meta4:
i just went through that CIC spread sheet, saw alot of rejected applications. lets be very thorough with our checklist to ensure nothing is left out before submission.
i also saw some rejected for unable to provide evidence of performing the duties in their reference letter and Parents names not indicated in BC. please what else can serve as proof for this? as i was only given reference letter which i made request for by my technical director cos am under NOC 2131. i have my employment letter and pay slips though. anybody with this info ?please as i'm about to submit once i get my report from ICAS. thanks
The supporting documents you are presenting is okay enough for your case.Just make sure the letter of experience also follows CIC specifications as given in the document checklist .......concise job descriptions ,working hours,monthly/annual salary,date of employment (if only current) and exit from work(if previous employment).All these should be in the letter head of your company ...preferably with company seal or stamp......and duly signed by your boss.
If you carefully do all these ,I'm sure your application won't be rejected coz of this issue......
Don't forget also to see if you can include the lead statement of your profession as an introductory part of your letter of experience.......the lead statement is a brief synopsis of your profession or responsibilities in your choosen NOC.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2014
tycooniyke: Good Morning All,
Am still very new on Nairaland, actually, this is my first post. I have gone through your various posts, its quite informative, thanks for your benevolence.
I have collected all relevant documents and I want to send my application to CIC within the week but I need to clarify somethings. Firstly, do I need to send an explanation letter if I am using a Declaration of Age instead of a birth certificate? Secondly, I plan to use a GTB Bank Draft to pay for my application fee, hope it would be accepted? Thirdly, I would appreciate any other tips that would facilitate speedy processing of my application.
Thanks.
Welcome and weldone .....
Affidavit declaration of age is fine but if you are able to get the one from NPC too,it's good and will strengthen your affidavit declaration of age.
Draft is 100% perfect for your application .
Speedy processing will be achieved if you send an application package void of error or ambiguous documents that will make them to be doing unnecessary checks on you.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Eni23: 9:59am On Sep 09, 2014
Hi,

I see many people check their application online? how is this possible?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tycooniyke: 10:30am On Sep 09, 2014
damkollins:
Welcome and weldone .....
Affidavit declaration of age is fine but if you are able to get the one from NPC too,it's good and will strengthen your affidavit declaration of age.
Draft is 100% perfect for your application .
Speedy processing will be achieved if you send an application package void of error or ambiguous documents that will make them to be doing unnecessary checks on you.
Cheers

Thanks so much for the quick response, it was helpful. Also, do you append stamps when sending a document through a courier?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:35am On Sep 09, 2014
Eni23: Hi,
I see many people check their application on-line? how is this possible?
For you to be able to check the status of your application online,You need to have your UCI number which must/may have been issued out to you if you have previously apply for this program before.UCI number for an individual is same for life.
If this is your first application,you will probably not have a UCI number...your first contact with your UCI number will be after you have been debited your processing fee charges and a PERS email have been sent to you.....Your UCI will be used to address you in the PERS email to you.
Meanwhile,even if you have UCI number and your application has not been treated/processed,your status will not show any updates.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2014
tycooniyke:
Thanks so much for the quick response, it was helpful. Also, do you append stamps when sending a document through a courier?
NO.
Just give the address to the courier service,they know what to do...they will give you a tracking number to monitor the movement of your package on-line until delivery.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tycooniyke: 11:19am On Sep 09, 2014
damkollins:
NO.
Just give the address to the courier service,they know what to do...they will give you a tracking number to monitor the movement of your package on-line until delivery.
Cheers.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2014
Hi everyone. I have questions to ask o.

1. I have not received my official ielts result sice 2nd August. am I to go over to bc to collect it or why the delay.
2. The job I am doing now (noc 2281) is different from the degree cert. I have but I have yrs of experience in my present noc , hope it's in other.
3. The experience I have total about 6 yrs but not in the same noc, hope they ll also count for me.

Pls guys reply.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
yomifowe: Hi everyone. I have questions to ask o.

1. I have not received my official ielts result sice 2nd August. am I to go over to bc to collect it or why the delay.
2. The job I am doing now (noc 2281) is different from the degree cert. I have but I have yrs of experience in my present noc , hope it's in other.
3. The experience I have total about 6 yrs but not in the same noc, hope they ll also count for me.
Pls guys reply.
Thanks.
1.Yes...go there.If you are in Lagos,you are meant to pick it yourself ..go with your passport document as ID.
2.You are fine.
3.It needs to be accompanied by the letter of reference too in the format stated and it needs to be part of the approved profession.once this is in order,you will be awarded points for it.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks bro, you are the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.