Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Help Me Re- Invent My Style - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help Me Re- Invent My Style (15667 Views)

I Get My Style From My Sons – David Beckham / Sony To Invent WIGS With Built-in Computers And Wireless Internet / Canadians Invent Hands Free Toothbrush To Be Worn On Tongue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by DaWhiz: 3:29pm On May 08, 2013
Baba o, owo ti de, gbemu ti wole... grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by PopupBlocker: 3:29pm On May 08, 2013
sleekcm: @Afam4ever, men don't use body cream or wear necklaces, unless you are woman in a man's body.

As for the rest of your post, if you are quite loaded, hit any top shopping mall/supermarket and shop till you drop.

If you are really a computer geek what to buy/style shouldn't be a problem. You've got the internet mate!

And thatz why una skin dry like pig leather

Very Unattractive
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Demdem(m): 3:29pm On May 08, 2013
Afam intelligent shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Joke of the century.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Policewoman(f): 3:30pm On May 08, 2013
GET A WIFE AND YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED. smiley
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Codedrock(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2013
It seems you dey craze sha! Lol... And sorry no offense pls...cheesy
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Coldfeet(f): 3:30pm On May 08, 2013
Afam ndo'o! grin

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by DaWhiz: 3:31pm On May 08, 2013
sleekcm: @Afam4ever, men don't use body cream or wear necklaces, unless you are woman in a man's body.

As for the rest of your post, if you are quite loaded, hit any top shopping mall/supermarket and shop till you drop.

If you are really a computer geek what to buy/style shouldn't be a problem. You've got the internet mate!

smiley

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1098508_hesright_jpg1b97a60cba3406b80869425c4326c3bc[/img]

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by freecocoa(f): 3:31pm On May 08, 2013
Hahahahahahahaaha grin grin grin grin.

Ok wizkid trousers are in vogue, just buy as many colors as you can, then gallas hair style.

Go for chiffon shirts or tops.

For body cream, Ude aki mixed with so white body lotion will do the magic.

For hair cream, just add igbo(weed)to vaseline and your hair will be perfect.

For perfume, go for turarai ask the aboki opposite your house, I guarantee that as long as you wear this perfume, nobody go pass you without noticing you.

You can also buy fullstop earrings, its just 70 naira, also buy all those wristbands and wear them, I recommend you buy the one with CHELSEA FC inscribed on it.

As for bathing soap, omo is known to do wonders to the skin.

If you need any other thing, please don't hesitate to let me know.

You are welcome dear wink

7 Likes

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by EveryLadY(f): 3:31pm On May 08, 2013
Hire me to go shopping with you.Am a good critic.My fashion taste is on the classic side which i think is what u need IMO.If you can pay for my time, provided you are in Lagos.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Chamber10(m): 3:31pm On May 08, 2013
Like seriously. Ok I dey come
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by theripper3: 3:32pm On May 08, 2013
Hmmmmmm, nsogbu di kwa. Afam and him nerdy dreams.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 08, 2013

There are mens body lotions in the market. So ur assertion doesn't really hold water.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by PopupBlocker: 3:33pm On May 08, 2013
Policewoman: GET A WIFE AND YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED. smiley

Madam, isn't that what we're trying to help him get?
You think he wouldn't have bought one in Aba market if he could?
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by lifestyle1(m): 3:33pm On May 08, 2013
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 08, 2013
A lady can help you better, not necessarily a girl friend,

prolly your sisters or just a friend. wink
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by AZeD1(m): 3:33pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva

I understand you cos i can relate with you. To your questions
Afam4eva:

Basically i want to know what guys use and what they're called. I need items ranging from:

1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream - I can't remember the last time cream touched my body. Lolgrin

Body cream is body cream, anyone would do...If you have sisters, buy what they use

2) Hair styles - whenever i go to my barber, he just starts barbing away because he knows that i don't do any special style. My own is just to uproat the hair on my head.

Tell your barber to cut something that fits.

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc)
Just wear polo's and jeans
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by EveryLadY(f): 3:34pm On May 08, 2013
freecocoa: Hahahahahahahaaha grin grin grin grin.

Ok wizkid trousers are in vogue, just buy as many colors as you can, then gallas hair style.

Go for chiffon shirts or tops.

For body cream, Ude aki mixed with so white body lotion will do the magic.

For hair cream, just add igbo(weed)to vaseline and your hair will be perfect.

For perfume, go for turarai ask the aboki opposite your house, I guarantee that as long as you wear this perfume, nobody go pass you without noticing you.

You can also buy fullstop earrings, its just 70 naira, also buy all those wristbands and wear them, I recommend you buy the one with CHELSEA FC inscribed on it.

As for bathing soap, omo is known to do wonders to the skin.

If you need any other thing, please don't hesitate to let me know.

You are welcome dear wink

Haba sista freecoco,which kin thing be this nah? Abeg free the guy.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 08, 2013
What the hell is this?
Ok, lemme assume you're serious. Just wait to meet a lady who loves you for who you are cos if pple put you through now, in the next 3 years when the current fashion pass away, wld you still run back to nairaland? Just be yourself, if she wants to upgrade you, let her do it herself. At least, she'll know she has to keep doing it.
[s]I Kinda have a feeling Seun has this problem too. Maybe that cobntributed to why the thread reached frontpage early.[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva:

1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream - I can't remember the last time cream touched my body. Lol.
2) Hair styles - whenever i go to my barber, he just starts barbing away because he knows that i don't do any special style. My own is just to uproat the hair on my head.
4) Wrist watches, necklaces etc
5) And any order thing.

Don't forget to tell me their names oo cos that's very important. I don't wanna embarass myself.

Thanks in advance
1. Anything moisturizing will do, even vaseline is enough...so long as your skin is not white and chapped. Perfumes- You need to go to a cologne store and find the fragrance you like best.
2. A regular low cut works just fine or Gallas.
3. You don't need designer brands, find something that fits and is fashionable and also quality.
4. D&G, Nixon, Pulsar, Hugo Boss etc
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by sleekcm(m): 3:37pm On May 08, 2013
Popup Blocker:

And thatz why una skin dry like pig leather

Very Unattractive

Body cream won't do him much good so long as he eats right. Boys use body cream though.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by sleekcm(m): 3:38pm On May 08, 2013
Someone here suggests Afam should consult a skin expert. Really?
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by PopupBlocker: 3:40pm On May 08, 2013
sleekcm:

Body cream won't do him much good so long as he eats right. And as per 'our skin looking dry', try another line.

It wasn't a line, it's a fact.
Eating right won't stop the dryness if you're depriving your body of moisture
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by dopeJemi: 3:41pm On May 08, 2013

oboy I no see d shirt again, dey buy chinos trousers(d thick ones) den carry dem go meet taiLor make him penciL am, make e no tight oh buh make e be say as u wear am, e go baLance on top ur shoe, if na swag u want, buy colourful polos with baseball cap 2 match and G-shock wrist watch, dey buy louis vuitton pam slippers, buy combat shorts with polos wey get colLar, I go tell u hau and when 2 wear dem later
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by An0nimus: 3:41pm On May 08, 2013
Start watching E! or Style or some other fashion/music channel. I know this could be suicidal for a geek but try amgrin. You could pick a thing or two from those celebs.

another thing is TV series. Vampire diaries is not just about vampires y'knowwink.

Yeah and there's always googlesmiley. Goodluck.

see me wey dey advise persongrin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by taharqa: 3:42pm On May 08, 2013
Wahala dey o.....
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 08, 2013
My brother i don,t think all these is what u need now. Look for money when u hv it,u will what someone wears and like it just like that. All d dress up i qas making b4,1 girl just huck me ,i get pregnant hv a child 4 me,when i see new shore now and feel like buying it,u will hear don,t 4get ur child need this or that. So for me is nt necesary nw.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Jeezyy(m): 3:43pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva: I've been wanting to do this for a long time but i've been postponing.

Basically, i'm a computer geek and if you're familiar with geeks, we're highly intelligent but not fashionable and this has made us not to be endearing to ladies. That's a perfect description of myself. To make matters worse, I'm a social recluse. I don't attend weddings, birthdays, church or any gathering for that matter and this is basicallly because I'm an introvert and as one, i really don't wear flashy or fashionable clothes. I just wear clothes because they cover me. But now i want to like re-invent myself and wear anything fashionable. The problem is that i don't even know where to start. I don't know the names of anything these days. The last time i was familiar with fashion items was in 2003/2004 when Timbaland, baggy jeans and Chinos trouser was the ish. Ever since fashion has left me behind but i want to catch up. I don't wanna look geeky anymore.

Basically i want to know what guys use and what they're called. I need items ranging from:

1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream - I can't remember the last time cream touched my body. Lolgrin

4) Wrist watches, necklaces etc

5) And any order thing.

Don't forget to tell me their names oo cos that's very important. I don't wanna embarass myself.

Thanks in advance
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 08, 2013
DONT LIE URE NOT A GEEK!
URE A VILLAGER WHO JUST STRUCK GOLD
AND IS SEEKING WAYS 2 SPEND IT !!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by MrGlobe(m): 3:44pm On May 08, 2013
Afam don finally hammer grin grin grin grin grin

Cream: Palm Kernel Oil. The best. cheesy
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva, my doozy grin grin

I'm somewhat of a computer geek(that's my field) like you and I probably spend about 14-16hrs everyday on my laptop/iPad.. But definitely fashion conscious - that's where we're different...You need to start checking out fashion blogs/websites and a few hip-hop sites while you're "nairalanding.".. Keep an eye/ear on what's in vogue on the streets - but make sure you're also unique with your swag(I hate this word)..

For you questions:
1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream: Shea/cocoa butter is great for black skin.. Or get vaseline.... For Perfume, "Joop" smells really nice and it's affordable as well... If your money is a little bit longer, "Issey Miyake" and "Paco Rabane" will bring all the chics to the yard... Use sportin' waves pomade for your hair and make sure you brush your hair every morning...

2) Hair styles: Get a low fade-top haircut...That's what popping atm..

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc): Just wear straight fitted jeans and chinos... Erm.. I don't really know what shirt/t-shirt you wear but it's better to wear fitted shirts... and make sure you do at least 100 push-ups everyday to show a little bit of muscle..

4) Wrist watches, necklaces: You're too old for necklaces.. Any chronomaster wristwatch should do the magic - they look nice and bulky on the wrist... You can get a nice bracelet as well...

5) And any order thing: Shave your beards and take your personal hygiene seriously...

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by babymama3: 3:46pm On May 08, 2013
This reminds me of red Mosquitos thread sometime ago.

Afam,geeks are not bad at all
Women find intelligent geeky,nerdy guys ,attractive.

For lotion just get ordinary Vaseline intensive care lotion,it still works well
Men have coarser skin than women so you can use regular Vaseline or baby oil to rub on the feet,soles and elbows to keep them from looking ashy.

Get a roll on anti perspirant for men.
My hubby and son use right guard,they have different scents,get them and use them daily
You can also get a body spray ,axe is a good brand and there are many different scents of that brand too,just pick one or two and try them.
Men who smell clean and good are attractive

For haircuts,nothing fancy,good old low hair cut,down to almost skin level looks good on any man and will work for you

For dressing,speaking from a woman's perspective,the most important thing is that you look neat and well put together,the cost of the clothing or the designer label is immaterial.
NIce polo shirts with good well ironed pair of pants are great casual wears.
For outings,a nice long sleeve shirt and a pair of good trousers will do

The other thing you need to invest in that will make you pop wink wink are your shoes.

A man who knows how to pick shoes is a keeper.
You must have at least 3 good pairs of shoes to balance out your outfits.
Polish them too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Black Girls With Blonde Hair = No No / All About The Au Natural! / The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.