Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Help Me Re- Invent My Style - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help Me Re- Invent My Style (15664 Views)

I Get My Style From My Sons – David Beckham / Sony To Invent WIGS With Built-in Computers And Wireless Internet / Canadians Invent Hands Free Toothbrush To Be Worn On Tongue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by beblessed(f): 5:54pm On May 08, 2013
A good post for people who need upgrade. You can also get in touch with models/stylist who can help you @ a small cost. Also google things you wish to know epsecially when you have an important function or event. Gradually you style will build. Wish you luck
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 5:55pm On May 08, 2013
acidtalk: Afam, I totaly understand how you feel because at one point of my life I was there.

[b]Let me give you a brief history. I grew up with both parent who were fashionisters. I grew up in the late 70s and early 80s seeing my dad putting on Macks and Spencer and tommy hilfiger boxers (never new those were even designers then). My parents had always being wearing expensive perfumes and wrist as far back as I can remember.

Long story short, I was an hippy up till my university days were there were some semesters I never repeated one shirt twice. I was known first by my clean and smooth dressing before my looks. In my year 3, the urge to start making money (real money began) I started hustling big time. Even though I was still a sleek dresser, the time and money I spend on fashion reduced. I graduated and straight went for service still making money and being way above average in my fashion style.

Then I got a place, a car had more responsibilities and more commitment in life and before I knew it, I was wearing barely 25 shirts (same) month in, month out yet having over a 100 in my wardrobe.[/b] Then it dawned on me I had become more of a hustling young man as against the previous hippy dude.

I got angry one day and emptied my entire wardbrobe leaving on 320shirts, 10 pants/trousers, 10 shoes and only 3 wrist watches (me that could never stay having less than 10 pieces of wrist watches at a go).

Now I will let you know I still never play with my perfumes. I look perfs and wrist watches and those are almost the two most noticed things on a man (your smell and the class you have on your wrist).

* get at least 5 very nice and appealing shoes (3 black and 2 brown) for corporate meetings. You don't have to buy them at once. And you can get ranging from N8,500 -N35,000 depend on the make and where you are shopping.

* get shirts (monimum of 20). Have them in long sleeve and short sleeve. Depending on your frame, I love long sleeves but I have found out short sleeves are always perfect on me. Your shirts don't have to be extremely expensive but make sure they are of good quality, nice texture and not of dull colour. Your complexion determines what colour will best suit you. But ensure to have lots of white, blue and grey. Avoid colours like purpple, yellow, and heavy flowery shirts.

* have at least 7 trousers (black, navy blue, brown, cream) and 4 jeans (blue, black and any off colour).

* wrist watches. Depending on your age and stature select nice and unique wrist watches. I have stopped wearing chain wrist watches and wrist watches of big head. My wrist watches are mainly leather (Black, brown and white leather strap. I love them to be chronometer as well. But very unique piece. I won't give a range on thisbecause I like mine expensive. The last set I got in Cedi mall Accra were $430 but I sure know you can get very nice piece between N15,000 -N45,000

My brother please avoid all this fake and and obvious immitation Rolex, Omega, Rado and the rest. Depending on where you go, big men always know fake wrist watches, I personally know them and I don't appreciate them on a guy.

*have a couple of 3/4 trousers of difference colour.

* Body spray. There are a few none expensive but very good body spray from as little as N500 - N1,500

* Perfume. Never Ever wear or buy an immitation perfume. It sucks. You can get the like of Japol, Euphoria by Ck, Givenchy (50ml) and lots more from and little as N7,000. Never ever underestimate the power of wearing a good perf. People always notice you wherever you enter.

*Body Cream. I went a whole 10years without rubbing cream for a single day. But 3 months ago I was touched by the spirit and I now us vaseline alovera. I buy it from shoprite and it is only N400

. Shebi na to rub something for body after bathing.

I hope this little help. I just budgeted a substantial sum to do a little shopping by next weekend because I also need to get my grove back on.
Choi, this boy don start hin lie lie again ooooo!! I thought by now you would have repented. shocked shocked

Acidtalk, when you lie the heavens shake and are rent open... Chineke!!! shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

The next thing we know you'll be dating one of Obama's daughters, since your laptop father-in-law who knows your NL id and the girl ya village people brought for you are not up to your tastes cheesy
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva: To those that are requesting for my stats. Here it is:

Skin Color: fair(Will smith and TI's skin color)

Height: 5'11

Head Shame: Normal grin

Body frame: Slim(KInda like D'banj but not as muscular or even muscular)

Get some muscles on that by doing push-ups every night and when you wake-up... Subsequently, you can add pull-ups to the routine... Make sure you eat a lot of naija food - food supplements and protein shake make people fat and sweaty... So, naija food is the best...

And don't get too big, Usher's size is alright...

When you get that size - medium-sized t-shirts will do the magic...

Get low fade-top haircut with sideburns and a lil goatie... grin

Lastly, send me an invite to your wedding - I need some ogbono soup and pounded yam in my life!! cool
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 6:03pm On May 08, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Seek a cosmetic expert for body cream & co.
As for wears, get nice jeans trousiers & shirts. You can also add pant trousiers.
@bolded. Who get that kain time?

Op jus be like my lil bros and use vaseline o jare. I personally don't like guys with smooth skin. And what ever you do, please don't wear skinny jeans!

Smooth skin+skinny jeans=GAY undecided sad
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by acidtalk: 6:12pm On May 08, 2013
Ishilove:
Choi, this boy don start hin lie lie again ooooo!! I thought by now you would have repented. shocked shocked

Acidtalk, when you lie the heavens shake and are rent open... Chineke!!! shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

The next thing we know you'll be dating one of Obama's daughters, since your laptop father-in-law who knows your NL id and the girl ya village people brought for you are not up to your tastes cheesy

I avoid nairaland because of re*tards and poverty stricken souls like you. That you came from a sorrt state background doesn't mean you should expect everyone to come from such.

Now for being my most followed fan on nairaland, take half cup of tandi guorana and 2 okin biscuit
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 08, 2013
Re-eventing yourself won't get you laid at least not physically. It helps to look cute though but its attitude that matters most. Girls love geeks, they are usually zombies when it comes to computer and if you were smart enough to do a computer related course and have same job, babes won't be your problem.

This is an eye opener though. No wonder people like you behave like nairaland is oxygen and you'll die if you don't have some.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Xaviers(m): 6:13pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva: I've been wanting to do this for a long time but i've been postponing.

Basically, i'm a computer geek and if you're familiar with geeks, we're highly intelligent but not fashionable and this has made us not to be endearing to ladies. That's a perfect description of myself. To make matters worse, I'm a social recluse. I don't attend weddings, birthdays, church or any gathering for that matter and this is basicallly because I'm an introvert and as one, i really don't wear flashy or fashionable clothes. I just wear clothes because they cover me. But now i want to like re-invent myself and wear anything fashionable. The problem is that i don't even know where to start. I don't know the names of anything these days. The last time i was familiar with fashion items was in 2003/2004 when Timbaland, baggy jeans and Chinos trouser was the ish. Ever since fashion has left me behind but i want to catch up. I don't wanna look geeky anymore.

Basically i want to know what guys use and what they're called. I need items ranging from:

1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream - I can't remember the last time cream touched my body. Lolgrin

2) Hair styles - whenever i go to my barber, he just starts barbing away because he knows that i don't do any special style. My own is just to uproat the hair on my head.

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc)

4) Wrist watches, necklaces etc

5) And any order thing.

Don't forget to tell me their names oo cos that's very important. I don't wanna embarass myself.

Thanks in advance

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! =))=D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒=D =))
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Xaviers(m): 6:14pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva: I've been wanting to do this for a long time but i've been postponing.

Basically, i'm a computer geek and if you're familiar with geeks, we're highly intelligent but not fashionable and this has made us not to be endearing to ladies. That's a perfect description of myself. To make matters worse, I'm a social recluse. I don't attend weddings, birthdays, church or any gathering for that matter and this is basicallly because I'm an introvert and as one, i really don't wear flashy or fashionable clothes. I just wear clothes because they cover me. But now i want to like re-invent myself and wear anything fashionable. The problem is that i don't even know where to start. I don't know the names of anything these days. The last time i was familiar with fashion items was in 2003/2004 when Timbaland, baggy jeans and Chinos trouser was the ish. Ever since fashion has left me behind but i want to catch up. I don't wanna look geeky anymore.

Basically i want to know what guys use and what they're called. I need items ranging from:

1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream - I can't remember the last time cream touched my body. Lolgrin

2) Hair styles - whenever i go to my barber, he just starts barbing away because he knows that i don't do any special style. My own is just to uproat the hair on my head.

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc)

4) Wrist watches, necklaces etc

5) And any order thing.

Don't forget to tell me their names oo cos that's very important. I don't wanna embarass myself.

Thanks in advance

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! =))=D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒=D =))
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by imperiouxx(m): 6:17pm On May 08, 2013
elors: See this guy....Any way, make I help my guy
Body cream - Vaseline body cream (if your skin is dark) and tura (if you want to undarken ur skin)
You need boxers short (very important for a guy), stop wearing pants; you r not a girl or gay.

bigfrancis21:

grin grin
PANTS means TROUSERS! That's the american term for it!! And that is the same pants he referred to in his post! Some nairalanders sef grin

This guy no go kill person with laugh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:29pm On May 08, 2013
Ishilove:
@bolded. Who get that kain time?
na d Op dey ask na!

Ishilove: Smooth skin+skinny jeans=GAY undecided sad
I love skinny shirts.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 6:30pm On May 08, 2013
acidtalk:

I avoid nairaland because of re*tards and poverty stricken souls like you. That you came from a sorrt state background doesn't mean you should expect everyone to come from such.

Now for being my most followed fan on nairaland, take half cup of tandi guorana and 2 okin biscuit
Lwkmd!!! cheesy

Acidtalk, your lies are truly acidic. Oniro, you need Jesus!! grin cheesy
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 6:31pm On May 08, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa:

I love skinny shirts.
You gay?? undecided
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 08, 2013
Which one is skinny shirt? Is it a new trend?
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 6:35pm On May 08, 2013
Lmfaooooooooo!

Osuofia needs a makeover.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 6:35pm On May 08, 2013
Personally, I think Afam is trying to get himself a girl fwend. Afam nwoke, pay me and I'll re-invent you totally grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 6:37pm On May 08, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Which one is skinny shirt? Is it a new trend?
U dey mind d razzmatazz ni? Na slim fit he dey call skinny shirt o! Broudah yen luko baje. grin grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 6:38pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo: Lmfaooooooooo!

Osuofia needs a makeover.

As in ehn grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by claremont(m): 6:39pm On May 08, 2013
Guy, personal hygiene is the most important thing I could think of. If you smell foul, wearing a Versace top and jeans cannot perform any miracles. The attached is what is in my bathroom all the time.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 08, 2013
@OP so u don't knw wat to do wir ur FIRS money abi?
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Imyourex(m): 6:41pm On May 08, 2013
I.Joan:
We have to see what you look like first to give proper advice!

Upload a picture of you or your look-alike

10. Don't expose the identity or post
pictures of any Nairaland member
without his/her consent.

Maybe you send him your BB pin.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by naptu2: 6:43pm On May 08, 2013
Ishilove:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha! God! I fell off my chair!
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 6:49pm On May 08, 2013
1) Body cream- Dudu revival Perfume- Toyin air freshener hair cream -Morgan ponmade

2) Hair styles - Dreads

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc) Find one local tailor and tell em to sew you old Skool la pelle trousers& Nigerian madeTM shirts

4) Wrist watches- ben10(na £3.99 on ebay) necklaces -go borrow ya Pupsi chieftaincy beads.

5) And any order thing.-U need to get out and find u a girlfriend just incase dey discontinue Vaseline.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 6:50pm On May 08, 2013
claremont: Guy, personal hygiene is the most important thing I could think of. If you smell foul, wearing a Versace top and jeans cannot perform any miracles. The attached is what is in my bathroom all the time.
Kilode? How many toothpaste only u they use? U get Halitosis ni? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Kilode? How many toothpaste only u they use? U get Halitosis ni? undecided lipsrsealed

You know Naija men na.

They need 3 brads of toothpaste to wash out the apku stench from the night before

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 6:54pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:

1) Body cream- Dudu revival Perfume- Toyin air freshener hair cream -Morgan ponmade

2) Hair styles - Dreads

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc) Find one local tailor and tell em to sew you old Skool la pelle trousers& Nigerian madeTM shirts

4) Wrist watches- ben10(na £3.99 on ebay) necklaces -go borrow ya Pupsi chieftaincy beads.

5) And any order thing.-U need to get out and find u a girlfriend just incase dey discontinue Vaseline.
Lwkmd!! Idowu u no go kee person for NL cheesy
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2013
Ishilove:
You gay?? undecided
NO!
Ijust love skiiny shirts. But I also dislike skinny jeans
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 6:57pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Ileke-IdI:

You know Naija men na.

They need 3 brads of toothpaste to wash out the apku stench from the night before
Haaaaaaaaa!! O God, I can't laf anymore. My ribs are aching. sad cheesy cheesy
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 6:58pm On May 08, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: NO!
Ijust love skiiny shirts. But I also dislike skinny jeans
Hope you have wash board abs 'cos it won't be sexy wearing skinny shirts and having a beer gut, aka 'big man belle' grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by oiseworld: 7:00pm On May 08, 2013
my piece,

be careful where u shop. If u are naija base, watch out for china made inferior products. They they're all over the market mixed with originals and hideing in our boutiques.

so try the big malls for ur shopings until u can differentiate china from America,Vietnam,Taiwan,or UK products. Dubai clothing's are mixed.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by claremont(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
I do actually. grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 7:03pm On May 08, 2013
claremont:
I do actually. grin
Awwww...no wonder! U go get like 10 different mouthwash o! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 7:03pm On May 08, 2013
claremont:
I do actually. grin
Ewwwww! sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Black Girls With Blonde Hair = No No / All About The Au Natural! / The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.