Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Help Me Re- Invent My Style - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help Me Re- Invent My Style (15662 Views)

I Get My Style From My Sons – David Beckham / Sony To Invent WIGS With Built-in Computers And Wireless Internet / Canadians Invent Hands Free Toothbrush To Be Worn On Tongue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 7:04pm On May 08, 2013
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha! God! I fell off my chair!
grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 08, 2013
claremont:
I do actually. grin

It is a good thing you know and you are working on it smiley
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 7:19pm On May 08, 2013
Ishilove:
Ewwwww! sad
Meanie! He was born that way. angry angry
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 7:22pm On May 08, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

You know Naija men na.

They need 3 brads of toothpaste to wash out the apku stench from the night before
Lolzz... Naija guys dey use toothpaste ni? Me thinks na salt water and Chewing stick dem dey use. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by cdamsel(f): 7:29pm On May 08, 2013
Visit online shopping sites 4 clothes & shoes,go thru their collections & find pieces u like dat way if u wanna shop 4 urself u know where 2 start from.

Comestics avoid bleaching creams abeg grin

Jewelry,a good wrist watch,mine is hugo boss,get plenty compliments grin,necklace & bangles cld b a plus

Or beta still I cld b ur personal shopper kiss
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by freecocoa(f): 7:31pm On May 08, 2013
Ishilove:
Choi, this boy don start hin lie lie again ooooo!! I thought by now you would have repented. shocked shocked

Acidtalk, when you lie the heavens shake and are rent open... Chineke!!! shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

The next thing we know you'll be dating one of Obama's daughters, since your laptop father-in-law who knows your NL id and the girl ya village people brought for you are not up to your tastes cheesy
I couldn't even laugh after reading that trash he put up there.

I'm glad we have him back though grin.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by cdamsel(f): 7:31pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lolzz... Naija guys dey use toothpaste ni? Me thinks na salt water and Chewing stick dem dey use. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
u bad ni ID shocked
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by c0ast0l: 7:31pm On May 08, 2013
freecocoa: Hahahahahahahaaha grin grin grin grin.

Ok wizkid trousers are in vogue, just buy as many colors as you can, then gallas hair style.

Go for chiffon shirts or tops.

For body cream, Ude aki mixed with so white body lotion will do the magic.

For hair cream, just add igbo(weed)to vaseline and your hair will be perfect.

For perfume, go for turarai ask the aboki opposite your house, I guarantee that as long as you wear this perfume, nobody go pass you without noticing you.

You can also buy fullstop earrings, its just 70 naira, also buy all those wristbands and wear them, I recommend you buy the one with CHELSEA FC inscribed on it.

As for bathing soap, omo is known to do wonders to the skin.

If you need any other thing, please don't hesitate to let me know.

You are welcome dear wink
Rotflmao gringringringrin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by sol2galay: 7:44pm On May 08, 2013
[quote author=Every_LadY]Hire me to go shopping with you.Am a good critic.My fashion taste is on the classic side which i think is what u need IMO.If you can pay for my time, provided you are in Lagos.[/quote

please contact me here: sol2galaxy@yahoo.com
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 8:03pm On May 08, 2013
acidtalk: Afam, I totaly understand how you feel because at one point of my life I was there.

Let me give you a brief history. I grew up with both parent who were fashionisters. I grew up in the late 70s and early 80s seeing my dad putting on Macks and Spencer and tommy hilfiger boxers (never new those were even designers then). My parents had always being wearing expensive perfumes and wrist as far back as I can remember.

Long story short, I was an hippy up till my university days were there were some semesters I never repeated one shirt twice. I was known first by my clean and smooth dressing before my looks. In my year 3, the urge to start making money (real money began) I started hustling big time. Even though I was still a sleek dresser, the time and money I spend on fashion reduced. I graduated and straight went for service still making money and being way above average in my fashion style.

Then I got a place, a car had more responsibilities and more commitment in life and before I knew it, I was wearing barely 25 shirts (same) month in, month out yet having over a 100 in my wardrobe. Then it dawned on me I had become more of a hustling young man as against the previous hippy dude.

I got angry one day and emptied my entire wardbrobe leaving on 320shirts, 10 pants/trousers, 10 shoes and only 3 wrist watches (me that could never stay having less than 10 pieces of wrist watches at a go).

Now I will let you know I still never play with my perfumes. I look perfs and wrist watches and those are almost the two most noticed things on a man (your smell and the class you have on your wrist).

Now, as against my previous thoughts, I will need to go back to my fashionistic days because of some upcoming events. This is what I am planning to do and will recommend same for you.

Fecking hell! Guy, u can lie! 320 gini? Iwo yen je Pdiddy abi? Stop chatting shyte mehn! See as he blow like persin wey get walk-in- wardrobe, Bros acidtalker! u and I know na room& parlour u dey share wiv ur brothers and dier fomilic. Na who u dey for badt guy for? U don dey madt abi? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Fecking hell! Guy, u can lie! 320 gini? Iwo yen je Pdiddy abi? Stop chatting shyte mehn! See as he talk like say he get walk-in- wardrobe wen u and I know na room& parlour u dey share wiv ur brothers and dier fomilic. Na who u dey for badt guy for? U don dey madt abi? undecided

Are 320 shirts something to brag about?
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 8:07pm On May 08, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Ask d pathological liar o! Hian!

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by raqueal(f): 8:18pm On May 08, 2013
Pls don't forget to add some fitted traditional attire (buba and sokoto) either short or long sleeve to your wardrobe. If it is well tailored, you'll look rich, mature and classy even without trying. All you'll need is a pair of good slippers and a good watch. cool
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 8:19pm On May 08, 2013
raqueal: Pls don't forget to add some fitted traditional attire (buba and sokoto) either short or long sleeve to your wardrobe. If it is well tailored, you'll look rich, mature and classy even without trying. All you'll need is a pair of good slippers and a good watch. cool
U don say! Guys in fitted trads dey make my hormones dance egede. grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by raqueal(f): 8:34pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
U don say! Guys in fitted trads dey make my hormones dance egede. grin

Me too. It does something to my soul and I cannot explain it wink
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Inik(m): 8:36pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva has won a lucrative contract and is eyeing one fine babe in his area so he needs a makeover to impress her and other ladies wink

There are really useful suggestions in this thread that will help us guys.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:54pm On May 08, 2013
Ishilove:
Hope you have wash board abs 'cos it won't be sexy wearing skinny shirts and having a beer gut, aka 'big man belle' grin
I dont v potbelly. I m 6ft 2 tall, cute & macho.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 8:59pm On May 08, 2013
freecocoa: I couldn't even laugh after reading that trash he put up there.

I'm glad we have him back though grin.
Yeah me too. I've kinda missed his bogus stories grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Ishilove: 9:00pm On May 08, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: I dont v potbelly. I m 6ft 2 tall, cute & macho.
Meeow...lemme have ya number... wink wink grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 08, 2013
raqueal: Pls don't forget to add some fitted traditional attire (buba and sokoto) either short or long sleeve to your wardrobe. If it is well tailored, you'll look rich, mature and classy even without trying. All you'll need is a pair of good slippers and a good watch. cool

@ the bolded - I'm trying to jump on that soon... Traditional attire looks nice!!
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Paentera(m): 10:23pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva: I've been wanting to do this for a long time but i've been postponing.

Basically, i'm a computer geek and if you're familiar with geeks, we're highly intelligent but not fashionable and this has made us not to be endearing to ladies. That's a perfect description of myself. To make matters worse, I'm a social recluse. I don't attend weddings, birthdays, church or any gathering for that matter and this is basicallly because I'm an introvert and as one, i really don't wear flashy or fashionable clothes. I just wear clothes because they cover me. But now i want to like re-invent myself and wear anything fashionable. The problem is that i don't even know where to start. I don't know the names of anything these days. The last time i was familiar with fashion items was in 2003/2004 when Timbaland, baggy jeans and Chinos trouser was the ish. Ever since fashion has left me behind but i want to catch up. I don't wanna look geeky anymore.

Basically i want to know what guys use and what they're called. I need items ranging from:

1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream - I can't remember the last time cream touched my body. Lolgrin

2) Hair styles - whenever i go to my barber, he just starts barbing away because he knows that i don't do any special style. My own is just to uproat the hair on my head.

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc)

4) Wrist watches, necklaces etc

5) And any order thing.

Don't forget to tell me their names oo cos that's very important. I don't wanna embarass myself.

Thanks in advance

No wonder you sound the way you do when you post - seem out of touch with everything going on around.

@Topic. Best place to start? Visit here - www.shopstyle.com - you'll come back to thank me.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by acidtalk: 10:34pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Fecking hell! Guy, u can lie! 320 gini? Iwo yen je Pdiddy abi? Stop chatting shyte mehn! See as he blow like persin wey get walk-in- wardrobe, Bros acidtalker! u and I know na room& parlour u dey share wiv ur brothers and dier fomilic. Na who u dey for badt guy for? U don dey madt abi? undecided

Hey! Nairaland who*re how many times have I warned you never to quote me again? If you had any sense and had read the writeup properly, your senses would have told you either the 2 or 0 after the 3 wasn't meant to be there because of course the 320 shouldn't be greater than than 100 I claimed I had.
I noticed the error but didn't bother editing it because I definitely know idi*ots like you will come and type trash.

Bi*tch, if you roll with poor guys in real life don't expect every dude you meet on this forum to fall within that category.

I am way way not amongst your class, either on this forum or in real life.

Stay put on the stench you call a circle okay?
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by acidtalk: 10:37pm On May 08, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

She is from an extremely poor home so that number looks way impossible for anyone to have.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by manny4life(m): 10:38pm On May 08, 2013
acidtalk:

Hey! Nairaland who*re how many times have I warned you never to quote me again? If you had any sense and had read the writeup properly, your senses would have told you either the 2 or 0 after the 3 wasn't meant to be there because of course the 320 shouldn't be greater than than 100 I claimed I had.
I noticed the error but didn't bother editing it because I definitely know idi*ots like you will come and type trash.

Bi*tch, if you roll with poor guys in real life don't expect every dude you meet on this forum to fall within that category.

Bros calm down o, calling someone a who.re is very inappropriate... Abeg, no fight.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 10:44pm On May 08, 2013
acidtalk:

Oh STFu! Error my naturally born black azz! D 100 u dey claim sef na wears u go pack for Salvation Army. U? class? A nonentity like u? Lmao! a nobody feeling like a somebody? I dey laff o! Mr acidtalker, stop bragging about shyte u own in ur dreams mehn... IDiota!!!

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 10:46pm On May 08, 2013
acidtalk:

She is from an extremely poor home so that number looks way impossible for anyone to have.
So u still depending on mummy and daddy for shopping sprees? Eyah....
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 08, 2013
I've been banned more than 3 times today. How you guys can still fight without getting banned beats me.
Lemme get connected with your connections plz
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by acidtalk: 10:49pm On May 08, 2013
manny4life:

Bros calm down o, calling someone a who.re is very inappropriate... Abeg, no fight.

And insulting me for airing my own personal opinion and giving my advice is acceptable right?

I know by the time seun and his moderators come here, they will take sides and ignore the 4 witches that insulted me and concentrate on hiding my post and banning themselves. But who cares?

Middle finger in the air.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by acidtalk: 10:52pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
So u still depending on mummy and daddy for shopping sprees? Eyah....

Can someone just drag this urgly witch away? SHe irritates me anytime she quotes me. I always feel so disgusted and sometimes even throw up.

Hey! For real, you radiate bad odour even through the internet.

Seun come drag this dog commot for here before she spread rabies everywhere oh!
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Idowuogbo(f): 10:55pm On May 08, 2013
acidtalk:

Can someone just drag this urgly witch away? He irritates me anytime she quotes me. I always feel so disgusted and sometimes even throw up.

Hey! For real, you radiate bad odour even through the internet.

Seun come drag this dog commot for here before she spread rabies everywhere oh!
Hang urself or better still, go shove a javelin down ur throat. Animal!

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by manny4life(m): 10:56pm On May 08, 2013
acidtalk:

And insulting me for airing my own personal opinion and giving my advice is acceptable right?

I know by the time seun and his moderators come here, they will take sides and ignore the 4 witches that insulted me and concentrate on hiding my post and banning themselves. But who cares?

Middle finger in the air.

I haven't said nor taken sides, I only said calling someone a whoore was inappropriate. There are more subtle insults better than a whoore, anyway I hope you ain't putting your middle finger up in the air for me because I ain't done nothing to you...

Anyway, forget that I even said anything... Yall you carry on
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by acidtalk: 10:58pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Hang urself or better still, go shove a javelin down ur throat. Animal!

I know your plans and it defintely won't work.

I clean and classy dud shouldn't be caught exchanging words with a natural low life like you. You that more than 9 guys on nairaland (as at the last count) have used and dump you. Is it the same who*re people who know my worth will see exchanging words with?

You have no mouth or class girl, go find your match somewhere else.

Ashewo 10kobo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Black Girls With Blonde Hair = No No / All About The Au Natural! / The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.