Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Help Me Re- Invent My Style - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help Me Re- Invent My Style (15666 Views)

I Get My Style From My Sons – David Beckham / Sony To Invent WIGS With Built-in Computers And Wireless Internet / Canadians Invent Hands Free Toothbrush To Be Worn On Tongue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by narttis1: 3:46pm On May 08, 2013
7since its been a very long time you used body lotion,i'll suggest you start with palm oil to repair the broken skin.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by fckyourwoman: 3:47pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva: I've been wanting to do this for a long time but i've been postponing.

Basically, i'm a computer geek and if you're familiar with geeks, we're highly intelligent but not fashionable and this has made us not to be endearing to ladies. That's a perfect description of myself. To make matters worse, I'm a social recluse. I don't attend weddings, birthdays, church or any gathering for that matter and this is basicallly because I'm an introvert and as one, i really don't wear flashy or fashionable clothes. I just wear clothes because they cover me. But now i want to like re-invent myself and wear anything fashionable. The problem is that i don't even know where to start. I don't know the names of anything these days. The last time i was familiar with fashion items was in 2003/2004 when Timbaland, baggy jeans and Chinos trouser was the ish. Ever since fashion has left me behind but i want to catch up. I don't wanna look geeky anymore.

Basically i want to know what guys use and what they're called. I need items ranging from:

1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream - I can't remember the last time cream touched my body. Lolgrin ( Cocoa Butter works the best for men). Perfume use anything that has a strong scent such as

2) Hair styles - whenever i go to my barber, he just starts barbing away because he knows that i don't do any special style. My own is just to uproat the hair on my head.( Try asking your barber to give you one of the following sytles

Or

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc) Buy elegant shirts such as

Pants buy chinos slim fit one not baggy like this :[img]http://3.bp..com/_lpFvUD9O3hQ/Ss--EKwlUYI/AAAAAAAAHmM/jTmAoD6o00Q/s800/L1070350.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.loveithaveit.co.uk/ekmps/shops/theterrace/images/musto-genoa-slim-fit-chino-[2]-49878-p.jpg[/img]

4) Wrist watches, necklaces etc Buy watch dont buy necklace its awkward buy this kind of watches:

5) And any order thing.

and for Shoes:

Belts:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ar8CdOXI1nI/TZPe1EYafoI/AAAAAAAABTA/45JvwD4XHMs/s1600/Grated+Edge+Logo+Plaque+Belt.jpg[/img]

Don't forget to tell me their names oo cos that's very important. I don't wanna embarass myself.

Thanks in advance

Thats all

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by UyiIredia(m): 3:47pm On May 08, 2013
The only advice I can give fashion-wise is the one I follow. Try as much as possible to be neat and conservative.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by sleekcm(m): 3:48pm On May 08, 2013
Afam, you can pick foot wears like the one below and a dozen jean trouser and body fitting/branded collar pollos. Throw in a couple of cool sun glasses and I tell ya, you'll be rocking in a week.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 08, 2013
sorry, i dont use cream or lotions too and i know a lot of guys dont.
i'll recommend "Black" by kenneth cole,
just be comfortable in what you wear and above all, make sure they are clean.
dont even think about trying to copy a celeb, you will be too shy to wear such looks.
hang out and make friends. you are probably intelligent compared to everyday people.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by babymama3: 3:52pm On May 08, 2013
sleekcm: Afam, you can pick foot wears like the one below and a dozen jean trouser and body fitting/branded collar pollos. Throw in a couple of cool sun glasses and I tell ya, you'll be rocking in a week.

Yes Afam
Get a good pair of sunglasses that fit your face.
It compliments your looks but please don't wear them indoors or at night abeg grin grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2013
U said u were never fashionable. Then what are u re-inventing? Re-inventing what was not there before? It's a pity u are living ur life like this. U said u dont even go to church because u ar a computer geek. I wonder if u know computer more than Zukerberg but he has time for his God. U cant even boast of any application u hav developed that is been used Nationwide, yet u are living a secluded life in the name that u ar a computer geek. Here is my advice to u. Go to God and ask Him what He wants from your life. There is a reason why He created u and kept u alive till today. Do not allow false illusion to deceive u. There are computer geeks all over the world who attend church, honour invitations and live a clean social life.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by babymama3: 3:53pm On May 08, 2013
GraphicsPlus: U said u were never fashionable. Then what are u re-inventing? Re-inventing what was not there before? It's a pity u are living ur life like this. U said u dont even go to church because u ar a computer geek. I wonder if u know computer more than Zukerberg but he has time for his God. U cant even boast of any application u hav developed that is been used Nationwide, yet u are living a secluded life in the name that u ar a computer geek. Here is my advice to u. Go to God and ask Him what He wants from your life. There is a reason why He created u and kept u alive till today. Do not allow false illusion to deceive u. There are computer geeks all over the world who attend church, honour invitations and live a clean social life.

Biko carry your constipation waka
Judge Graphicsplus

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Abbey2sam(m): 3:54pm On May 08, 2013
274EB867
Ping me, I can help you out
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by toprealman: 3:55pm On May 08, 2013
1.Start doing the things you have deprived yourself for so long as listed.
2.As a 'computer geek', connect to the internet and follow trend. Loads to copy from. Please avoid local blogs, it will only make your case irredeemable.
3.Be happy with life....you only live once!
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is "Axe" the name of the product?

You mean like seriously shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by babymama3: 4:00pm On May 08, 2013
Yes Afam,axe is the name of the body spray
My father even uses it

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by critique101(f): 4:00pm On May 08, 2013
You must be a virgin then. I hope u shave your armpits and down below. Try to b clean. Keep your house tidy
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by sleekcm(m): 4:01pm On May 08, 2013
GraphicsPlus: U said u were never fashionable. Then what are u re-inventing? Re-inventing what was not there before? It's a pity u are living ur life like this. U said u dont even go to church because u ar a computer geek. I wonder if u know computer more than Zukerberg but he has time for his God. U cant even boast of any application u hav developed that is been used Nationwide, yet u are living a secluded life in the name that u ar a computer geek. Here is my advice to u. Go to God and ask Him what He wants from your life. There is a reason why He created u and kept u alive till today. Do not allow false illusion to deceive u. There are computer geeks all over the world who attend church, honour invitations and live a clean social life.

This guy is troubled, help him if you can. Thank you.
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 08, 2013
dulphines: Coconut oil will do for body cream. It may sound weird but it's great. At least it won't bleach you. Bleached guys suck!

Are you d distributor, i know ur source grin grin grin grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by babymama3: 4:01pm On May 08, 2013
critique101: You must be a virgin then. I hope u shave your armpits and down below. Try to b clean. Keep your house tidy

Please all men don't shave
Some women actually find clean shaven men gayish,
A trim is just OK

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Olaone1: 4:03pm On May 08, 2013
imperiouxx: Just pray for direction.

Nigerians and prayer shocked
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 08, 2013
Demdem: Afam intelligent shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Joke of the century.

which joke , is he not better than you that wear Agbada even when you sleep grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 08, 2013
Before you buy any perfume, make sure t goes well with your natural body scent.

The latter could be catastrophic to a girl's nasal cavity
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by searay(m): 4:05pm On May 08, 2013
No comment
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by babymama3: 4:05pm On May 08, 2013
adexsimply: me too sad sad sad

Afam see,the above poster is asking the same questions
You never know how many people want to know these things you asked
I commend you for this
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Olaone1: 4:10pm On May 08, 2013
shymexx: Afam4eva, my doozy grin grin

I'm somewhat of a computer geek(that's my field) like you and I probably spend about 14-16hrs everyday on my laptop/iPad.. But definitely fashion conscious - that's where we're different...You need to start checking out fashion blogs/websites and a few hip-hop sites while you're "nairalanding.".. Keep an eye/ear on what's in vogue on the streets - but make sure you're also unique with your swag(I hate this word)..

For you questions:
1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream: Shea/cocoa butter is great for black skin.. Or get vaseline.... For Perfume, "Joop" smells really nice and it's affordable as well... If your money is a little bit longer, "Issey Miyake" and "Paco Rabane" will bring all the chics to the yard... Use sportin' waves pomade for your hair and make sure you brush your hair every morning...

2) Hair styles: Get a low fade-top haircut...That's what popping atm..

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc): Just wear straight fitted jeans and chinos... Erm.. I don't really know what shirt/t-shirt you wear but it's better to wear fitted shirts... and make sure you do at least 100 push-ups everyday to show a little bit of muscle..

4) Wrist watches, necklaces: You're too old for necklaces.. Any chronomaster wristwatch should do the magic - they look nice and bulky on the wrist... You can get a nice bracelet as well...

5) And any order thing: Shave your beards and take your personal hygiene seriously...

Nice one.
Go for NEXT Slim Fit wears if you aren't pot-bellied. 28 to 35 pounds for good ones.
If you are in Naija, don't use Issey Miyake. To me, it isn't the best in a tropical country like Naija. Buy Channel range or Calvin Klein like Obsession.
Shoes: buy FLY of London ones. Smart, unique and scarce
Cream: go for perfume-free ones like E45.

Good luck! grin grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by sleekcm(m): 4:12pm On May 08, 2013
This fragrance is super cool. Sticks to you all day.

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by imperiouxx(m): 4:13pm On May 08, 2013
Ola one:

Nigerians and prayer shocked

That's also my reason. Because I know first thing in Nigeria is with prayers. grin I actually wanted to put funny gif picture there but remembered seun the oga at the top early mor mor rule number 11. grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Olaone1: 4:16pm On May 08, 2013
imperiouxx:

That's also my reason. Because I know first thing in Nigeria is with prayers. grin I actually wanted to put funny gif picture but remembered seun the oga at the top early mor mor rule number 11. grin

Trust me, with those rules, Seun has gone bonkers. He needs Dizzee Rascal in his life. grin grin
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by yuzedo: 4:18pm On May 08, 2013
bro, u can wear raffia mat on ur body. d maker name is otimba from analulu kindom.
for shoe, u can wear ghanzou superted shoe. pink & lemon grin. grate wit d ladys. wink
face carp is jaasco-boy. turn it bark, das d yaw-yaw stile from american.
peffume? grate solution. soak millet inside cold water, live it in earthenware port for 7day and pore it in side coke bottle. sellibrity use dis fragrans. is called, nze n'ozo bingo holy water intanational peff.

Bro, u get punny sooooo much, u gonna say waow! yuzedo is d best, i need to bring live fowl and big goat to his house in Banana Island. tenks, dont mention. cool wink

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 08, 2013
Mr Intelligent geek seriously said uproat??
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by yuzedo: 4:22pm On May 08, 2013
bro plis dont band me. and dont hide my post. i ment well for ur swag dammit! just try it first if e dont work call me bastard. angry wink
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by normaljenny(m): 4:23pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva: I've been wanting to do this for a long time but i've been postponing.

Basically, i'm a computer geek and if you're familiar with geeks, we're highly intelligent but not fashionable and this has made us not to be endearing to ladies. That's a perfect description of myself. To make matters worse, I'm a social recluse. I don't attend weddings, birthdays, church or any gathering for that matter and this is basicallly because I'm an introvert and as one, i really don't wear flashy or fashionable clothes. I just wear clothes because they cover me. But now i want to like re-invent myself and wear anything fashionable. The problem is that i don't even know where to start. I don't know the names of anything these days. The last time i was familiar with fashion items was in 2003/2004 when Timbaland, baggy jeans and Chinos trouser was the ish. Ever since fashion has left me behind but i want to catch up. I don't wanna look geeky anymore.

Basically i want to know what guys use and what they're called. I need items ranging from:

1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream - I can't remember the last time cream touched my body. Lolgrin

2) Hair styles - whenever i go to my barber, he just starts barbing away because he knows that i don't do any special style. My own is just to uproat the hair on my head.

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc)

4) Wrist watches, necklaces etc

5) And any order thing.

Don't forget to tell me their names oo cos that's very important. I don't wanna embarass myself.

Thanks in advance

Afam it seems u have hammereddd some real big bucks and now hunger for somthing to burn it on
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by bigfrancis21: 4:25pm On May 08, 2013

1) Body cream, Perfume, hair cream - I can't remember the last time cream touched my body. Lolgrin

2) Hair styles - whenever i go to my barber, he just starts barbing away because he knows that i don't do any special style. My own is just to uproat the hair on my head.

3) Wears(shirts, pants etc)

4) Wrist watches, necklaces etc

5) And any order thing.

Thanks in advance

If you want to upgrade your style and looks to appear funky, I'll drop some useful body effects for you that will give you an overall simple but funky appearance and yet will still remain affordable.

1) BODY CREAM: There are many types of body creams out there. However, I recommend the vaseline body moisturizing lotion for men. It comes in different flavours, but I personally use the coca butter vaseline's men lotion. The lotion is not vaseline-like in any way but it is pure cream made by the same company that makes ordinary vaseline. And the smell is twodaful! cheesy When applied in the morning it keeps your skin moisturized and glowing. And if you're fair-complexioned, it is an added bonus to you as it helps to maintain one's fair complexion, like me for example.cheesy The market price is N500 only but when you get to the market, they'd want to inflate the price for you. Stick to N500, they'll sell it to you.

PERFUME: I recommend 212 MEN perfume for you and Big Attitude/Being Together/Mascolino/Axe body sprays for you. The combination is a killer! And they all last very well. You can also get the Big Attitude/Being Together/Mascolino in their perfumes as well. I personally combine 212 MEN perfume and Big attitude body spray. As for roll-on, no roll-on still beats the good ol' Nivea Roll-on for Men. smiley The smell is lovely and masculine and lasts 24 hours. Once you apply it, you'll never need to bother whenever you have to raise your hand in public places. wink
212 MEN goes for N700 - N800. Even the perfumes of the mentioned body sprays cost about the same. And the body sprays go for N550. Nivea goes for N300.

HAIR CREAM: You wont believe this but my body cream is also my hair cream! cheesy I apply my cocoa butter lotion to my hair also. I naturally have a soft wavy hair that easily responds to brushing, so not much work for me. I just apply my body cream to it and swipe down with my brush to leave wavy lines all over my head. My friends find it difficult to believe I don't apply any special hair cream to my hair that makes it wavy (curly when full grown) but that just the way its been.

2) HAIR STYLE: Umm...I have no special hair-cut given that I am a simple person. However, my usual haircut is the low-cut hair cut with a good carve all round the hairline. If you've not got a receding hairline, then you can try the funky Will Smith forehead carving that I always do, which looks sleek! cool I don't just go for any barber anyway and I'm choosy when it comes to who barbs me. However I shave myself. I keep beard + side burns that run from one ear to the other. I carve myself because many barbers don't tend to get the exact level of shaving and carving that I want.grin
You might also want to do you yourself a favour by getting yourself a personal clipper.

3) WEARS: Given my muscular-build body type I prefer wearing round-neck shirts, especially black since i'm light-skinned, striped polos, long-sleeve shirts and chequered collar T-shirts (cheque collar short hand shirts that come in different colours drive me crazy!) together with a nice pair of jeans with colour to match (black, blue, ash and navy green colored jeans are my favorites). Colour matching of shirts and trousers are really important and not everybody knows how to. I don't really care much about brand but quality of the material and whenever I buy my clothes I already know the good quality ones by just lifting and touching them. wink
SHOES: I love black/red suede shoes! Especially when its got a funky design that can be worn with jeans and polos/round necks or with corporate wears. Suede shoes need a personal brush plus shoe spray for maintenance. Suede shoes come in different types - loafers, corporate style, chugs etc.

4) WRISTWATCH: Any good chain or leather watch would do. I personally prefer chain watches or funky and mature-looking rubber watches. As for necklaces, I don't use a necklace. smiley

Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 08, 2013
chai
Re: Help Me Re- Invent My Style by wonlasewonimi: 4:34pm On May 08, 2013
Stop taking matters into own hands! and go out more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Black Girls With Blonde Hair = No No / All About The Au Natural! / The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.