Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

A Story: Broken Vows - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story: Broken Vows (96172 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
When they got to the hospital, she sat alone in the waiting room suddenly thinking of how she was going to be raising her child alone. Right now, she didn’t even know what kind of prayer she could murmur to God. What did she even want; did Joe have someone new in his life after three years of their divorce? She glanced at him as he stood by the corner of the room making a call. Was it probably the new woman in his life or his girlfriend? He had stood up immediately to answer the call and she couldn’t even hear a word of what he was saying. She was going to ask him about it later but right now, she was feeling a little nervous.

Two pregnant women sat in the room with her but they were so engrossed with each other. They looked so happy and cheerful in the small cozy room while Maria was starting to feel suffocated. The walls were beautifully decorated with primary colors and baby posters and an enclosed play area for kids and she suddenly observed the plastic chair she sat on.

‘hi’

She turned her attention to one of the pregnant woman who had come to take her seat near her. She really looked big.

‘hi’

‘when are you due?’

Maria guessed. ‘next year perhaps. By march or April.’ She nodded

The older woman laughed. ‘seems like you’ll be due January. You’re looking huge darling.’

Maria blushed. ‘I’ve heard that but is it that bad?’

‘not really. If your husband doesn’t complain, no one should.’

‘like she had one’ she thought to herself and tried to smile.

‘I’ll be due probably new year, or at the end of December. It’s a girl’

‘I’m happy for you.’

A nurse came opened the door before them and called out. ‘Rachel Langley?’

She managed to stand on her feet alone. The nurse smiled and opened the door wider. ‘the doctor will like to see you now.’

it didn’t take long before Maria’s name was called and she couldn’t describe how relieved she was to avoid thinking about the brief conversation she had had with the ‘friendly’ woman. After she was through with her oral examination with the doctor concerning her baby and how important her pre natal care was, she changed into the hospital gown and was assisted by a nurse unto the bed while she stared upward trying to relax. No one was here and the hospital smell was getting into her nose. The antiseptics, the monitors and the thought of her accident was beginning to creep into her skin.

‘she’ll be alright.., stay calm.’ She heard those words like a sharp intrusion and she turned. No one was beside her.

Then where had that voice come from…, or was she beginning to remember?

‘you look beautiful to me darling. And I bet our baby’s going to look so much like you.’ Joe whispered

‘I don’t feel beautiful, I feel huge like an elephant lying on this bed.’

‘how about I prove it to you…’ he smiled and bent low to kiss her. She pulled him closer and they both didn’t know when the doctor came in. she coughed and they parted slowly.

‘I miss you.’ He breathed.

‘me too.’ She murmured. ‘can’t wait?’

His hands went to her open stomach. ‘we have only a few more weeks and you’re mine again.’

‘Jealous that I’m sharing you with the baby?’

‘ummm…’ he mumbled and kissed her again. This time it was only brief before the doctor started with the scanning.

‘Mrs. Velázquez?’

Maria opened her eyes and saw the doctor standing before her snapping on her latex gloves. She gulped as she realized she had been daydreaming, but it had looked so real. Could it have been what happened between her and Joe in the past?

‘relax darling, you’re looking tensed.’ The doctor smiled down at her

‘please, can he come in…, I mean Joe?’

‘of course.’ She stepped out immediately and returned with Joe standing behind her. He looked a little cold and tensed as he came to take his place beside her. Had the phone call gone bad?

‘hi’ she greeted shyly

‘you okay?’ he asked worriedly before settling down beside her.

‘I just needed someone. Someone that I can talk to before I find out anything about the baby and before the doctor comes back with the sonogram.’

‘I’m all yours.’ He relaxed. ‘did I tell you how huge you look?’

Maria blinked and sighed. ‘I was wishing you wouldn’t say that.’

‘hey…’ he took her hand and kissed it. ‘huge is cute. Makes you look like a baby.’

‘I am carrying a baby.’ She emphasized

‘okay, how about I tell you how beautiful you look?’

‘not working.’

He laughed. ‘okay, how about how beautiful your eyes are, reminds me of the stars. If you think I’m still not getting into you, then I’ll tickle you.’

‘you dare not Joe!’ she held her laughter

‘say something worse and I will.’

‘I’ll tell it to the doctor.’

‘and I’ll tell it to the cops that this beautiful woman here is acting impossible.’ He touched her cheeks but only briefly. ‘we can grab something to eat and that will make us forget this dispute.’

‘dispute?’ she raised her eyebrow. ‘ why don’t you call it ‘dropping the charges.’

‘aw shucks ma’am. Then dropping the charges it is.’ He said in his fake Texan accent and used his thumb to caress the back of her hand. ‘here it comes.’

She tensed again and Joe whispered into her ears. ‘relax and I still owe you another pizza.’

‘you said lunch.’

‘lunch, pizza, whatever it is…, are you that hungry?’

‘this baby is making me act like a food ninja .’ She confessed. ‘you would think I want to eat the whole house.’

‘then lets find out what’s making him eat so much. It has to be a boy and if there’s one thing I know about boys is that they eat a lot.’

Soon enough, the doctor was folding up her gown until a small mound of her abdomen was revealed. Her hand was still in Joe’s till the gel was applied unto the wand and placed on her swollen abdomen.

There was a crackle of a static and then suddenly, a loud repeated thump.

‘wow, your baby seems to be kicking so hard…, now lets see.’ The doctor went further and raised an eyebrow. ‘two babies kicking…’

Maria gasped. ‘what!’

Joe gulped. ‘what did you say?’

‘you’re having twins Mrs Velasquez.’ The doctor smiled at her and glanced at Joe. ‘ and they’re both well and intact.’
‘twins…’ Maria repeated eyes wide open. She didn’t know if she was about to cry or laugh. Joe still looked petrified.

When he could find his voice, he could only look at the doctor. ‘Wow!’ he found it hard to believe that their one night of unbridled passion had led to twins. Two kids…, not just one, so what if she had decided to get rid of it, she would have aborted twins.

Maria was thinking the same thing.

‘I’m happy for you because after you told me about the accident, I thought something might have gone wrong along the way. Teratogenic factors that might have affected your baby one way or the other but with what I can see here, two babies are looking sound and healthy. Would you like to know if they’re boys or girls?’

Maria nodded dumbly.

‘girls.’

Girls! Maria beamed and covered her mouth holding herself from crying but she couldn’t for long. She watched as the doctor turned the machine so that she could see the screen. She couldn’t describe her joy at the bundle inside her and the shape of what she was seeing in the screen. She was going to have two girls that looked so much like each other and they were going to be wearing beautiful dresses and she would hold them together. She was going to be the best mother they could ever have or wish for by God’s grace and do everything within her power to make sure they felt loved and now that she was a Christian, she would hand them over to God.

It was like Joe saw her tears and held her hand. He moved closer to her on the bed and held her head to kiss her hair. ‘it’s alright. We have twins.’ He said unconsciously

‘oh Joe.’ She held him close to her still crying into his neck. This was a very emotional time for her, for the both of them and he wanted her to know she wasn’t alone.

‘I’ll leave you two for a few minutes.’ The doctor said and excused them while they still lingered in each other’s arms.

There was silence for a while before he broke the silence. ‘at least, we know what’s been making you so huge and hungry.’

She laughed and raised her face to him. He kissed her tears and whispered. ‘the hospital gives me the creeps, why don’t we go out for a bite and talk about the girls at lunch.’

She nodded in response and smiled. She had a feeling things were going to be better if her ex-husband kept up the good attitude.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oruchechuks(m): 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
Nice work today. Maria should tell joe to shave his armpit too . . . . Lol

oh! Twins? Then they will do "one for me, one for you" with them, and joe can marry tiff while maria go for trevor. (WINNER) For the story
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by IZUKWU(m): 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
Lovely

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
Weldon jare

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by kemiola89(f): 10:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
Wow! This is getting more interesting by the day, seems like only few of us are enjoying this wonderful story, wish i had the power to move it to the frontpage so that other people could share in our enjoyment. Lol!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by omo1doll(f): 10:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
:oWow

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by taebtraeh(f): 7:03am On Jun 11, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]XoXoXoXoWow
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by taebtraeh(f): 7:05am On Jun 11, 2013
Am xoxoxo feeling u glow

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by wemmieslim(f): 7:22am On Jun 11, 2013
this story is cool,me likey!!!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:45am On Jun 11, 2013
oruchechuks: Nice work today. Maria should tell joe to shave his armpit too . . . . Lol

oh! Twins? Then they will do "one for me, one for you" with them, and joe can marry tiff while maria go for trevor. (WINNER) For the story
You and this trevor and maria team#hehehe, keep reading and don't worry...bt I appreciaate ur comments oruchechuks....dnt u like Joe?
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:46am On Jun 11, 2013
wemmieslim: this story is cool,me likey!!!
Thanks wemmie...I appreciate u dropping by
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:49am On Jun 11, 2013
kemiola89: Wow! This is getting more interesting by the day, seems like only few of us are enjoying this wonderful story, wish i had the power to move it to the frontpage so that other people could share in our enjoyment. Lol!

You guys can help me do it na!!...is that not y ure my padis..loool
I'm glad u guys reaally like my story...it motivates me to post more
Keep d comments coming
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2013
taebtraeh: Am xoxoxo feeling u glow

Yayay!!!
ose love!!!
Me too aam feeling ur comments, hugs and kisses....muah!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Joy4mi(f): 9:11am On Jun 11, 2013
tanx GLOW.
Maria is now iya ibeji.
God is awesome.

av a lovely day. kiss

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Ariyke: 9:14am On Jun 11, 2013
Breathless that how u make me feel wow wow wow this is so guuuud!more pls

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Eneze1(f): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2013
I knew she's going to have twins with the way she has been eating, am really feeling this story, more mb to ur laptop, hugs smiley

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Eneze1(f): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2013
madam when are u dropping the next update, can't wait pleassssssse
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
I loooove this story.

The news of Maria having twins really overwhelmed me, i could feel their joy.
God is great! smiley

Glow, ure a great writer just like Francine Rivers. wink

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by taebtraeh(f): 1:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
Yayay!!!
ose love!!!
Me too aam feeling ur comments, hugs and kisses....muah!.......muah muah too

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by missvirgorick(f): 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
I'm feeling you glowingscenes. This is Superb.......Diana Palmer in d making.
I really wish dat Joe n Maria get back 2geda.
#Team JoeMaria#

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Diamonddamsel: 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Very interesting and keeps me glued.
Thanks cant wait for new updates.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
Eneze1: madam when are u dropping the next update, can't wait pleassssssse
hahaha...soon dearie!!!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
Br3nd4: I loooove this story.

The news of Maria having twins really overwhelmed me, i could feel their joy.
God is great! smiley

Glow, ure a great writer just like Francine Rivers. wink

francine rivers?!!! shocked shocked
awwwwwww now you have me hitting the roof!!! whooot whoooot!!!!!
muaaaaaaaah kiss

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by yemitosin(f): 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nice and very interesting story. Please when is the next update.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2013
missvirgorick: I'm feeling you glowingscenes. This is Superb.......Diana Palmer in d making.
I really wish dat Joe n Maria get back 2geda.
#Team JoeMaria#

ahn ahnnnn grin cheesy...only me? francine and Diana?!!! im forver humble oooo...eyin frienshp mi ni nairaland...ese gan ooo...eku ife....miss virgorick!!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
yemitosin: Nice and very interesting story. Please when is the next update.
coming right up yemi!!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ariyke: Breathless that how u make me feel wow wow wow this is so guuuud!more pls
ahn ahnnn...ariyke...emi ni kan tan...hehehe...ese ooo...please breathe well oo grin
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2013

Wiping the back of her head, Susan sighed. She wasn’t going to take out the anger on the pastries. They didn’t deserve it. Why did it have to be the week that she pulled in that Maria had to return back to her place or was it Denver’s place? Whichever one it was, she wasn’t still pleased. Just when she thought she had found a good and reasonable friend that seemed to understand her, she was going to be leaving. Denver and Joe were even going to come over and pick her tomorrow although Bonnie had called earlier that her sister was going to come and check on her today as she had called her earlier. And right now, she was doing all she could to make her comfortable by trying to bake her cookies. If they liked her cookies, maybe she’ll convince her or Denver to allow her stay for thanksgiving.
‘yes, thanksgiving would be so nice with everyone at least, she prayed Maria’s sister was more like her as she had never set eyes on her before. Thanksgiving was just next week Saturday and she was sure Maria would be pleased to stay if she could do a lot of convincing.

She blinked as she realized she was trying to avoid the questions her mother had been asking. She was acting different and didn’t even want to hang out with her friends here at Niagara not to talk choir practice. She kept on giving excuses and she left the church last Sunday in time. She wasn’t about to corrupt her ‘good and holy friends’ as

Patricia termed her and she wasn’t about to start narrating college life to them. They were so clean and perfect and she had just been defiled…, at least that was what they would think of her if they knew what had happened.

The noises coming from the living room infiltrated her thoughts and she hurried outside to greet the visitor. At least she had been expecting them.

When she got to the living room, she stopped. A young woman probably in her mid twenties was staring back at her with a young man beside her. She was beautiful no doubt with long dark hair and brown eyes just like Maria but she looked so young and vibrant with life. The young man standing close to her was quite tall and matured, and he stood like he had all the confidence in the world. Why wouldn’t he’ she thought, he was like an Adonis and the young woman beside him was beautiful enough to make one proud. She was even prettier than Maria although Susan knew Maria’s beauty was reflected from the inside as well coupling it all up.

‘Hi.’ She greeted casually and wiped her hands on her apron. ‘you must be Salma…,Maria’s sister.’

‘yes.’ She replied briefly and extended her hand. Her English was clean and polite. ‘and you must be part of the family who’s been taking care of my sister.’

‘Yup. Susan is the name.’ she released her hand and turned to the young man standing beside her. ‘nice to meet you too.’

‘Antonio.’ He smiled and received her hand. He held unto it much longer and she felt quite uncomfortable. He looked into her eyes boldly and she was wondering why the young man was turning his attention to her right in front of his girlfriend. She forced a smile and released her hand from the firm grip that kept hers locked.

She lifted her eyes to his and found him watching her, or probably staring.

‘its nice meeting you both.’ She nodded and watched as they settled back unto the couch. Sara joined them and smiled.

Maria was absent as she was sleeping but Salma understood. Susan left them to attend to the pastries in the oven and prayed the day was not going to go worse for her as she was almost getting to be a distraction.

Salma felt like rushing to wherever they kept her sister locked up but she tried as much as possible to relax and remain focused. She pulled her hair behind her ear out of reflex and looked into Sara’s warm eyes. The woman looked so sweet and kind and as beautiful as her daughter. Bonnie had told her about the three accidents. Amanda’s death, the new bun in the oven and the amnesia incident. Why hadn’t she known about this all along and why didn’t she suspect something had gone wrong when Maria didn’t even bother calling her after the countless messages she’d left for her. And Carlos had been asking of her.

her phone line was dead and he had been asking about her in her restaurant but not successful. He had tried to reach Bonnie too but it was too no avail. The woman kept on hanging upon him or not even answering his calls.

And now, how was she going to tell him that her sister was pregnant for her ex-husband? It all seemed so hard to believe. All she wanted was a new life for her sister with Carlos but with this new things turning up, she wondered how she was going to resolve everything.

Right now, she felt like crying but her brother wouldn’t stand her. she couldn’t blame him, they had been traveling miles to this place and she had been crying all the way. She had even cried into his arms when they met and now all she had to do was stay strong. For herself and for Maria

She couldn’t describe what she was going to do to Joe when and if she sets her eyes on him

‘nice house.’ She commented

‘thank you, what would you like to drink while the cookies get ready. Hope you’re not allergic to them.’

‘soda.’ Antonio said

‘I’ll take water.’

Sara smiled and went into the kitchen just to see her daughter placing the homemade cookies unto plates.

‘hope they’re delicious.’ She picked a bottle of water and a can of soda from the fridge and headed back into the living room.

A moment passed between them before Salma decided to break the ice. ‘so, is she improving on her memory?’

‘I don’t really know about how well she’s improving but I guess those times are personal to her. she shares some things sometimes but only when it’s convenient for her.’

‘I doubt if she’ll remember me.’ Antonio added running his hands through his dark hair. This shouldn’t be happening to her but in all things, what can I say except to thank God.’

‘don’t mind him, he’s been carrying this ‘new Christian attitude about for a while now.’ Salma chipped in. ‘don’t take him too seriously.’

‘Hermana!’

‘Callarse!’ she scolded and smiled at Sara.

‘I don’t see anything wrong in him being Christian darling. I’m glad for the company. Welcome to the family.’

Salma raised an eyebrow. ‘so Christians have been raising my ‘out of memory’ sister. That makes me comfortable.’

‘why don’t you shut up and stop acting like an atheist.’ Antonio tapped her shoulder and looked up. ‘what if our sister had died Salma, what would you do, yell at God. You’ve been doing that ever since I know you and it hasn’t changed anything.’

‘well, it made me feel alright that I had said my mind.’ She defended and picked a cookie. Just then, Maria strolled into the room and Salma went dumbstruck. When Bonnie had told her that her sister was pregnant, she had thought it was something that could still be terminated, but looking at the huge woman her sister had become, she could have almost burst into tears.

She was carrying Joe’s baby!

How could he? How could he be so ruthless and take advantage of her sister. She suddenly wished she had claws so that she could tear the man into pieces

‘hi.’ She stood up immediately and her brother joined her.

‘hi’ she greeted back with a big smile and stood still as if trying to assess the face. It looked like one of the faces she had seen in one of her dreams.

And before she could say anything further, the young woman was coming towards her and embracing her crying into her neck. Antonio could not hold her and so watched them both. Maria returned the embrace and forced a smile. She was feeling uncomfortable that the young lady was crying on her like a child. And this young lady was supposed to be her sister.

After a while of silence, salma released her and settled back on the couch together with her, touching her face and kissing her.

‘how do you feel now?’ she finally said

‘heavy…’ was her nervous reply. ‘wow, you look beautiful.’

Salma smiled and held herself from crying the more. It wasn’t going to help matters. The sister that had made her become this was standing here commenting her so innocently. If there was someone more beautiful, it was Maria.

Her gaze went to her swollen abdomen. ‘so, how is the baby.’

‘fine and healthy.’ She beamed. ‘I’m having twins and they’re girls.’

Salma gulped. ‘twins.’
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
She nodded. ‘and they’re making me eat like an elephant. It’s terrible but beautiful at the same time.’ she raised her gaze and saw Antonio. ‘hello…’

‘hey.’ He greeted briefly and came over to join them. Salma introduced him. ‘this is Antonio, your brother.’

‘wow, so I had a brother, Bonnie didn’t tell me he was coming over.’

‘it was impromptu.’

‘I’m so glad to see you.’ She embraced him close and cupped his face. ‘I wish I could remember you. You look so cute and handsome I almost mistook you for Salma’s boyfriend.’

‘people always say that.’

There was an uncomfortable silence between them and Salma excused herself while Antonio was left alone with Maria. They talked for a while as he began telling her all about their childhood together and she just stared at him with interest unaware of the young woman that was weeping in the bathroom
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Immediately when Salma stepped outside the bathroom, her phone rang.

‘hey..’ she answered weakly as she recognized Carlos’ voice

‘are you alright?’

‘fine.’

‘and Maria, how is she, did you get to see her, when is she coming back?’

‘there are some things I’d rather not talk about on phone. When I see you, I’ll explain everything.’

‘I have a feeling that something is not right…’

‘Maria has amnesia Carlos and she can’t even recognize me and Antonio, and I doubt if you’ll be any better. The accident was terrible.’

There was a great sigh over the phone and Salma closed her eyes. She tried not to imagine how the young man would be feeling. For years, he had waited for her and now? It was looking so complicated

‘I have to come and see her.’

‘no Carlos, not now. I’ll have to explain some things to you so that you don’t scare her. we’ll talk and then we can check on her together. It’s not something I want you to rush into.’

‘she needs me Salma, I can tell she will need me to be there for her.’

Salma tried to hold her patience. ‘you haven’t spoken to her for about five months now and so you don’t know anything. Be patient and we’ll sort these things out in time.’

okay, if you say so.’ He didn’t sound fully convinced. ‘take care of yourself and take care of your sister for me. Extend my greetings to Antonio.’

‘I will.’

She hung up and looked ahead. There was something she had to do, but she had to be careful in what she was about to do so that it didn’t come out in the wrong way.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Antonio strolled over to the kitchen and saw Susan sitting at the kitchen table reading a book with a glass of juice.

‘hi.’ He greeted.

‘hi.’ Susan greeted without raising her gaze. Now, she knew she was going to have to force her attention towards the book she was reading as he strolled closer to her.

He settled on a chair and extended his hand. ‘ Antonio Velasquez.’

‘I know.’ She snapped.

‘and you must be…

‘Susan Graham.’ She raised an eyebrow. ‘and as you can see, I’m quite busy.’

‘it’s obvious.’ He said casually. ‘the same page for about ten minutes?..., I didn’t know the book was so boring.’

‘it’s not boring…, I find that page quite interesting.’

‘or you find me more interesting…’ he teased

She blushed but recovered quickly. ‘I don’t even know you.’

‘but you know my sister.’

‘I do.’ She tried to blame herself for allowing her mind to run so fast that she had actually thought his sister was his girlfriend.

‘and so, won’t you like to know me.’

‘no.’ she replied bluntly and stood up to attend to the kettle. She felt his towering presence over her and she froze.

Why couldn’t he stay away from her. was it hard to read in between the lines?

‘your hair is beautiful, lovely.’ He commented

‘thank you.’

‘I should be thanking you for your hospitality towards my sister and for letting her see God in a different dimension. I look at her and I see something different about her, something more beautiful in her.’

‘thank God for her life.’ She helped herself to a cup of hot coffee. She was surprised he was a Christian and acted like one as she had thought all the good guys were taken and worldly.

‘coffee?’ she asked him politely

‘I need my sleep tonight.’

She nodded like she understood and settled back unto the chair. She saw him looking at her and she lowered her gaze. He wasn’t looking at her like he wanted to eat her, he looked like he was studying her.

‘your eyes are beautiful.’

‘they’re just green.’

‘I see more than ‘just green. You have your mother’s eyes.’

‘good observer.’

‘how often do you let your hair down?’

‘less often, it’s becoming a headache.’

‘so, are you in high school or what?’

Susan felt insulted by that statement. ‘what do I look like, a child?’

‘just asking, you look like a high school kid.’

‘well, let me inform you Antonio that I’m in college. My last year actually and I love my stature.’

‘wanted to be a model?’

‘no, not my aspiration’

‘so, what do you do in college?’

‘what people do in college Mister!’ she was getting paranoid.

‘wow, you look beautiful when you’re angry.’

‘I think you’ve overstayed your time. Don’t you have some girlfriend waiting for you somewhere. I need my privacy, no intrusion.’

‘miss pretty cant stand my scrutiny.’

‘what I can’t stand is you Antony..’

‘Antonio..’ he corrected. ‘and get that red mark off your cheeks before someone else comes in. you look like a tomato and people may actually think you’re falling for me.’

That was it. He had said the word. She hated it when people thought she fell for them. They always tried to take advantage and regard her as a weakling. Jake Bruce had thought the same way and she was now left on her own to face the consequences

‘I think you should leave now.’ She said rudely jerking from her sit. ‘please, leave!’

Antonio was baffled at the sudden change in her voice. He stood up. ‘I’m sorry if I offended you.’

‘lf you leave, I’ll feel much better.’ She nodded, her teeth on her lip.

He turned to leave and she sank into the chair.

‘hey.., what’s wrong?’

She raised her head just to see her cousin, Danny staring at her awkwardly.

‘nothing.’

‘you just yelled at that cool guy. Not too clean for you?’

‘mind you business Dan.’

He didn’t give up. ‘you don’t wanna become a nun, do you?

She didn’t reply and he continued. ‘you don’t have to keep locking yourself in your own world Susie, let yourself out and let it go. You’ve been acting strange ever since you came back and I somehow wished I had followed Trevor to Houston.’

Susan ignored him and snatched her book from the table before going upstairs afraid that if she stayed much longer, she might spill her mind.

Danny shrugged and grabbed a can of soda from the fridge. He was still interested in Maria’s cool brother. At least he wasn’t as boring as Susan’s former boyfriends.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oyestephen(m): 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
The family loves him suzie, you better do too tongue..i hope the hatred salma has for joe wont make her do something not funny..
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by MumZ(f): 8:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pls wats d link 2 dis story? Mynd 4 is askn n I really dnt knw hw its writn. Whoeva knws shld endorse it n d rest of us can copy, let's get dis story 2 FP, its much beta dan all dose celebrity's stories littering d FP. Tanks all.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Eneze1(f): 8:24am On Jun 12, 2013
kudos to u glow, I wish Susan can get back with her ex husband, its really my wish wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / SCHOOL LIFE / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.