Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage (24282 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Death Sentences Commuted To 10 Years Imprisonment / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Abati Is A Product Of Same-Sex Marriage” – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Temismith(f): 6:22pm On May 30, 2013
Hewheheheh
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by madone: 6:23pm On May 30, 2013
As if its important her we don't need a law like dt cos our customs and traditions has covered that let those potbelly guy say something beta.many o them re the ones patronising this gays and lesbians so if they think that by setting this laws their sex partners re trap forever,its a fat lie.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Jhulyan(m): 6:24pm On May 30, 2013
barcanista: 14 years? too light. it should be DEATH PENALTY. those mentally deranged should either practice their god-forsaking act in europe/america or be ready to DIE in Nigeria. I barcanista will without hesitation mobilize youths to lynch and set ablaze any person or group of persons that publicly practice or advocates or sympathise with homosexuality in my area or environs. God bless Nigeria
get a job

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by daviide: 6:25pm On May 30, 2013
They should mke it 28yrz so dat all these gay/les people will rot in jail tongue atleast many youths will cease from this unholy act

2 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by segebase(m): 6:27pm On May 30, 2013
Too little too late
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by collynzo2(m): 6:27pm On May 30, 2013
justwise: Rubbish, toothless law, this law is as useless as those who passed

Being Gay not against the law in Nigeria, what is against the law is same sex marriage and public display of affection by Gay people.

That's fair enough, let it end in their bedrooms, they shouldn't disgust others with their behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 30, 2013
Jhulyan: get a job
if i pin you slap eh, you go know how far.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Sirmuell(m): 6:29pm On May 30, 2013
There are better laws that need amendment in Nigeria such as Anti-Corruption bill especially for serving govt. officials and other arms of govt. that if passed will do a whole lot good for us and move us towards true development, Yet in their eyes they feel they are doing something right, the positive change and influence gay pple are doing or have done around the world are being felt daily and even straight pple given the same capacity cannot in their life time and even given a second chance to live ever achieve most especially straight Nigerian legislators that passed that bill against same sex marriage. Its not in our power to judge pls. Give the same prison sentence you gave to same sex to Corruption and see how Nigeria will develop. Let's put all those legislators put together and compare them to Ellen an open gay married celebrity and compare their achievements in life and see which one is affecting lives the best, Just as clueless as their leader GEJ
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Lenny5000(m): 6:29pm On May 30, 2013
These people are just too smart for their own good. They know just how to get Nigerians attention! Ramble about something most Nigerians perceive or see as Taboo and Evil, while they themselves sit Idle and do nothing about the poor state of the nation but loot the treasury dry! Wetin concern me with how two people feel about themselves or wetin dem dey do behind closed door? How does that translate to Jobs, employments, food on the Table? The sad part of all these is,behind closed doors many of these so called people engage in the very thing they are condemning in public.. In his Coup Speech, didn't MAJOR ORKAH mention gay as part of the reason why he wanted to over throw IBB?.... You can fool some people sometime, but you cant fool all the people all the time! When that Lesbian President abi na Prime minister decides to visit Naija, I go see if all these Naija Magas no go roll Red Carpet for her and Kiss her hand.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 30, 2013
segebase: Too little too late
na you be time-keeper?

3 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by SlyIg(f): 6:30pm On May 30, 2013
yuzedo: op so how can Tellwisdom + 190 manage deir live? dey will comitt suside, truss me!! undecided
Na who hide this post for this thread now now!
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by sambrow(m): 6:33pm On May 30, 2013
i guess you are not one of them?
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by ichommy(m): 6:34pm On May 30, 2013
Good

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by creativemusic: 6:36pm On May 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by adconline(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2013
And the guy who stole N32bn=$200m from pensioners got six months in prison. Mrs Ibru and Lucky Igbinedion are walking free. Naija is a devil's workshop on earth!

3 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by elrony(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2013
hahaha bad market!!!!!!
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by coogar: 6:38pm On May 30, 2013
i love my country!
may the lord bless each and everyone of the legislators. we don't condone sëxual deviance in our country.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by freecocoa(f): 6:38pm On May 30, 2013
I don't even understand these people o, are they saying if I have a gay friend, then 10 years in prison is my punishment? They are just crazy.

Is being gay worse than stealing and killing people which they the useless lawmakers do on daily basis? Misplaced priorities.

6 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by collynzo2(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2013
Life without women would be a total pain in the ass.
If you know what i mean.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by kokoye(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2013
barcanista: . If he is incumbent we shall force him out and JAIL him-that is if we didn't lynch and Kill him

ALUU 4
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 30, 2013
Although i'm kinda homophobic, I actually these kind of laws are anachronistic and out of place. Why send a gay to prison where he'll definitely be tempted to Bleep other men.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by coogar: 6:43pm On May 30, 2013
freecocoa: I don't even understand these people o, are they saying if I have a gay friend, then 10 years in prison is my punishment? They are just crazy.

Is being gay worse than stealing and killing people which they the useless lawmakers do on daily basis? Misplaced priorities.

being gay is inhumane!
i'd rather a pen-robber than a faggöt! faggöts helped spread HIV and other horrible terminal diseases. history also told us the most dangerous serial killers in the world are all gays. i can bet 90% of my july salary that nearly all the boko haram members are faggöts!

4 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by klax(m): 6:46pm On May 30, 2013
daviid_e: They should mke it 28yrz so dat all these gay/les people will rot in jail tongue atleast many youths will cease from this unholy act

I was even thinking they would say 50 years 15 years is too small for these boloks and f u c king a s s holes.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 30, 2013
kokoye:

ALUU 4
call me ALUU10 na your mouth. but NO try practice homo publicly for my area or advocate for same. if you do?ehm

2 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 30, 2013
It is NOT Government's business what people do with their sex organs and in their sex life. I used to be against same sex but not any more. I will be an hypocrite if I say I dont enjoy watching les/b/ians and participating in 3-some sessions. It helps calm my nerves and my BP has been very stable due to these leisurely antidote sessions. The Government has to excuse my preference of 3-some with pretty bi-se/x/ual angels. As for boys doing it, I am totally disgusted by the thought, but who am I to voice my conviction against their intimate decision. The Government has no business with what people do in their bedrooms.

The House of Representative members are overtaking the job of the Houses of Worship while neglecting their Primary Assignment, I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Anabaraonyepete(m): 6:52pm On May 30, 2013
This post has been hidden. undecided
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 30, 2013
coogar:

[s]being gay is inhumane!
i'd rather a pen-robber than a faggöt! faggöts helped spread HIV and other horrible terminal diseases. history also told us the most dangerous serial killers in the world are all gays. i can bet 90% of my july salary that nearly all the boko haram members are faggöts![/s]

You're not making sense. Try again later.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by tevinsolt: 6:53pm On May 30, 2013
it's funny on TYT a news channel on youtube, read out the stats for countries that search up gay p*orn the most
Nigerians- to my surprise Nigeria came after middle east, kenya. idk if it's due to curiosity but still it is strange for a country that strongly opposes and criminalizes gay marriage

2 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 30, 2013
Anything to direct the minds of the masses away from the innate problems in the country. Fools. You make a law criminalizing something that has never been done in Nigeria- gay marriage. Without the law, which Nigerian gay would even wanna marry in the damn country, with all the misdirected aggression I see. I dey laugh.

We are still here, just as before. It changes absolutely NOTHING!

One more reason why I don't expect any meaningful development from Africa, not when our minds are still locked up to know what's priority.

PS: many of those senators are bisexuals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today / Anambra Monarch Donates Campaign Vehicle To Buhari / Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.