Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage (24268 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Death Sentences Commuted To 10 Years Imprisonment / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Abati Is A Product Of Same-Sex Marriage” – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by deols(f): 8:52pm On May 30, 2013
isupport.

100%

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 30, 2013
breezy047:

Don't be shallow minded.

Usher in FA.GXX into our community and we would begin to deal with Men raping
little boys.

How do we deal with the craze of Men raping Men in Nigeria? cheesy cheesy
simple, how have we been dealing with 40yrs old man that rapes 5yrs old? We can deal with paedophile gays like that too. Enact a law that forbids paedophile for straights, gays and bisexuals.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Siga: 8:54pm On May 30, 2013
I see enough Naija boys go begin claim asylum for oversea dey claim Gay to chop paper...lol
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by coogar: 8:55pm On May 30, 2013
9jadelta: yeah, everywhere is easy to say. How many of them make the news? I can dig out more than 20 straight paedophile cases on this my crappy phone withing 10mins only that happened nigeria

for your education, read this....
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3

don't bother thanking me, i am dashing you the free education for humanity. read the numbers and see the connection between homosêxuality and pedöphilia!
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Acidosis(m): 8:55pm On May 30, 2013
9jadelta: hehehehe you want the good and ignore the bad? Do you idiots forget that there is nothing positive without its negative side? You want to copy how they dress without copying the negative side, must you copy? You want their religion buh doesnt want gays? How does it sound to you? Its like saying i want a car but i dont want car acident, is that possible? Untill our culture goes back to the way it was, you have no gaddamn right to persecute anyone becoz you dnt like the way they live, unelse the way they live affect you

Once again you've advertised your low level of artificial reasoning.

The world is ONE. People only exchange ideas.. The same white you mentioned also gain some things on the black soil! They import human resource, ideas and natural resources from the black man soil.

Its like saying, the white ought to use Nigerian architecture to build because they buy cement from Dangote. Does that make sense to you??

You ignoramus homo erectus without direction cannot differentiate the right from the wrong.

Why don't you bang your dog because you saw a white man hitting his dog hard on the internet.. Mu mu.com
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 30, 2013
When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound and time shall be no more. How shall we stand dat great day. All these points dat His coming is very near. Lets learn a lesson frm d parable of Lazarus n d rich man. Hell is nt a place to be. If u r a gay or supports it or enjoys it pls cry unto your God for forgivness n repent. Law or no law the truth is Jesus is calling you to repent. He still luvs you n He died for you.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:00pm On May 30, 2013
Decapo: The House of Representatives on Thursday approved 14 years imprisonment for persons who contracted same sex marriage in the country.

This was sequel to a clause-by-clause consideration of a Bill for an Act to prohibit marriage or union entered between persons of same sex, at the Committee of the Whole.

“Marriage or civil union entered between persons of same gender shall not be solemnised in any place of worship, either church or mosque or any place in Nigeria,” it said.

Introducing the bill, Rep. Albert Sam-Tsokwa ( PDP-Taraba) said that it sought to achieve a far reaching objective by outlawing same sex marriage and provide punishment for offenders.

It also set out a 10-year sentence for “any person who directly or indirectly makes public show of same-sex amorous relationships’’.

“Any persons or group of persons that administers, witnesses, screen and shields the solemnisation of same sex marriage in Nigeria on conviction, will be liable to 10 years imprisonment.’’

It would be recalled also that the British Prime Minister, David Cameron, had warned that his country would consider withholding aid from countries that did not recognise gay rights.

In Nov. 2011, the senate approved the bill that would make same-sex marriages punishable by up to 14 years for the couple and 10 for anyone abetting such unions.

The bill is expected to be sent to the Senate for concurrence. (NAN)http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/reps-approve-14-years-imprisonment-for-same-sex-marriage/
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by VoodooDoll(m): 9:01pm On May 30, 2013
Let the political witch hunt begin... Anyone against Pee.Dee.Pee will be automatically be proclaimed .................
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by searay(m): 9:02pm On May 30, 2013
breezy047:

Don't be shallow minded.

Usher in FA.GXX into our community and we would begin to deal with Men raping
little boys.

How do we deal with the craze of Men raping Men in Nigeria? cheesy cheesy
Thank God for this bill ooooo
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Acidosis(m): 9:02pm On May 30, 2013
9jadelta: so which one do you prefer? A gay that touches another man's prick in his private bathroom without anyone knowing or a 42 years old man that rapes your 5yrs old girl?

So ra pis.ts are free in Nigeria?? Are you okay?

Before now, no one can arrest a man for touching another man's private.. and thats exactly what the Legislature corrected today! War against homosexuality.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Sike(m): 9:04pm On May 30, 2013
*In Olamide's voice* "Dey don know".... B'ose ma je niyen.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Bashirfuntua(m): 9:07pm On May 30, 2013
rubbish, while nigerians are suffering from poverty, in-adequate power, corruption and bad governance. They are wasting their time debating nonesence. Instead of passing 20 years jail to bad leadership. Bunch of fools

2 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by dnawah(m): 9:08pm On May 30, 2013
claremont: Misplacement of priorities.

Why didn't they approve a 14 year compulsory jail sentence for corruption?! Bunch of thieves!
14 years,14 likes no fall victim o!grin
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by gemini35(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2013
claremont: Misplacement of priorities.

Why didn't they approve a 14 year compulsory jail sentence for corruption?! Bunch of thieves!
well said bro,14 yrs for corrupt leader,s this country wll be a better place,but one day.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by freenature: 9:13pm On May 30, 2013
This is a very good development... For God is against lesbianism, gay and against those who commit immoral acts even those who go to the extents of committing immoral acts with animals.. and as for those who support and legalize laws that support such things will surely face the wrath and anger of God
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 30, 2013
Acidosis:

The world is ONE. People only exchange ideas.. The same white you mentioned also gain some things on the black soil! They import human resource, ideas and natural resources from the black man soil.
hehe tell me, any negative thing that goes with stealing importing natural resources? Last time i check, natural resources is way different from coping culture. Remind me again "human resources"? Are u talking about our brothers and sisters forcefully taken away from us to sugarcane plantation? Tell me, have u seen any white man that wakes up in the morning, eats amala or apku, goes to work in agbada, later settle under tree for palm wine and a good game of ayoo? Does that mean those things are bad?

Its like saying, the white ought to use Nigerian architecture to build because they buy cement from Dangote. Does that make sense to you??
what kind of rubbish logic that is way out of context is this? undecided

You ignoramus homo erectus without direction cannot differentiate the right from the wrong.

Why don't you bang your dog because you saw a white man hitting his dog hard on the internet.. Mu mu.com
hahahaha see someone that claims to know right from wrong and later uses beastiality as example. Tell me, which country legalizes beastiality? Tell me why beastiality is illegal in all western nation

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 30, 2013
coogar:

for your education, read this....
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3

don't bother thanking me, i am dashing you the free education for humanity. read the numbers and see the connection between homosêxuality and pedöphilia!
i cant read rightnow. This phone is trash. You can summarize it here though
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 30, 2013
Acidosis:

So ra pis.ts are free in Nigeria?? Are you okay?

Before now, no one can arrest a man for touching another man's private.. and thats exactly what the Legislature corrected today! War against homosexuality.
calm down and use your head. I didnt say there is no law against rape, what i was trying to point out is, they can use the same law against any gay that raped anyone. If legislators can ban gays, they suppose to ban anyone that masturbates too, afterall masturbation is not in our culture and its illegal in some countries

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 30, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Good move. Nigerian culture is not part of the whiteman's lebo/gay ish.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Bambela(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2013
Good to hear this. It tells us that we have few homo and lesb in the house.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by peterphd(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2013
Acidosis:

To the detriment of the young ones and those to come.

How about taking hard drugs? To whose detriment? Nobody! The smokers enjoy it! So why ban hard drugs?

Your messiah - UN would be soo f00lish like their 21st century white counterparts to interfere in our affair.

The issue of hard drugs is different.I for one think they're illegal because they're addictive and there's a tendency to commit crimes among drug addicts.you're talking about the ones to come? Don't you know that there's a certain age below which it is illegal to have sex? By the time the so called "young ones" reach that age they should know left from right. Guy you seem not to understand that these people have rights too a right to life, a right to be happy and a right to privacy. Its only a matter of time before LGBT rights come to stay in Africa

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by extension: 9:35pm On May 30, 2013
When you carefully read the comments from contributors to this topic you can easily know gays in nairaland.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Queeniekruuz(f): 9:38pm On May 30, 2013
Blah blah blah blah blah go on being gay destruction awaits u.rubbish
justwise: Rubbish, toothless law, this law is as useless as those who passed

Being Gay not against the law in Nigeria, what is against the law is same sex marriage and public display of affection by Gay people.

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by dennismukoro(m): 9:40pm On May 30, 2013
Wait oh what abt those politicians doing 3somes are they still going for 14yrs. What abt those corrupt governor dat steals our money are they still going for 14yrs. What abt if I walk into a room and see two girls that are naked are they les. 9ja should think of how to wipe those boko haram not this one. Let this one be put to forward.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by dennismukoro(m): 9:44pm On May 30, 2013
Those smoking idian hemp should be given 14yrs too. Kirikiri go full tire because somany homo dey here 4 nairaland
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by agwabirihenry: 9:53pm On May 30, 2013
So what about corrupt politicians?

2 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by asoderock(m): 10:02pm On May 30, 2013
Nigerians sha gullible and hypocritical. How has this law help check boko haram or the ravaging poverty plaguing the land as a result of the massive corruption of this same so called law makers.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by matoyeh(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Too late. The world has gone far too gay for Nigeria to do anything about it. Wait till they start giving state banquet and reception to foreign gay presidents and dignitaries. Na so arab people misbehave with anti-women law and US sent them a female secretary of state, Madeleine Albright. See their people they look them for TV dey bow for Madeleine, dey throw red carpet for her, dey salute her.
so what are you saying in essence? What are you upto? Because you people can criticise

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by daviide: 10:07pm On May 30, 2013
Make I no just catch any gayangry na reporting tinz cheesy
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by redsun(m): 10:08pm On May 30, 2013
Backwardness.A reminisce of the black civil rights in america,aparthied in south africa,chronic cast system in india and terrors of the nazis against the jews and those they consider inferior race,africans of course included.

Our primitive democrazy lawmakers stealing our common wealths and at the same time making heinous laws against their own people who just happen to make themselves happy the other way round.People who just happens to be different and more rational than the politicians themselves.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by UyiIredia(m): 10:09pm On May 30, 2013
The punishment is too harsh. I would have preffered they did nothing as regards the issue. Besides, there are much weighty issues to attend to.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 30, 2013
If I catch you shaking your bombom here in sango, I'll personally cut your legs If I no do am, no be my mama born me lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

El-zakzaky And Wife Moved To Abuja / Denola Seriki Is Dead! Nigeria's Ambassador To Spain Dies At 63 / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.