Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage (24305 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Death Sentences Commuted To 10 Years Imprisonment / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Abati Is A Product Of Same-Sex Marriage” – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 8:01am On May 31, 2013
What remain for nigeria,,after we forget our culture,,we just accept everytin that foreigners brought to our country such as culture,religion(christianity and islam),foreigh language(english and arabic) become our major language,they brought different kind of thing,we dont know their source,but we easily accept it all cuz we think dat they are superior than us,we started worshiping them and their gods...now,they brought GAY

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Kingharzyz(m): 8:02am On May 31, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Yes, you're making a lot of sense calling someone more educated than you'll ever be "illiterate". The best education is a Christian one centered around the Bible. No education is complete without studying the Bible.
Na who write that bibble sef? if to say Na bros jay I go believe am...buh Na humman like me write am so kosshhhi

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by collynzo2(m): 8:02am On May 31, 2013
goyston:
Homophobia is imported from developed nations, not homosexuality - Nigeria got it from Britain in the 1800s/early 1900s. Before this, homosexuality was a normal thing in Naija, not something strange..but Britain came and brought hate and fear of gays and lesbians and after 52 years of independence, Naija still has it. Maybe it's time to be progressive?
How come it doesn't even have a name in any of our languages, what a lie!!
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by onitshaigbo(m): 8:02am On May 31, 2013
goyston:

Leviticus 19:28 says no tattoos, Leviticus 19:19 says no mixed fabrics (look at your shirt label right now), 1 Timothy 2:9 says women shouldn't braid their hair or wear gold or pearls, Leviticus 11 says you can't eat lobster, shrimp, clam, pig, rabbit and most birds, Leviticus 19:16 says no gossip, and Exodus 31:14-15 says that anyone who works on a Sunday shall be put to death, including doing something simple like cleaning up sticks (and Numbers 15:32-36 agrees). Oh, and women can't speak in church (1 Corinthians 14:34-35).

You can also be put to death for saying the Lord's name in vain, living in a town where most people aren't Christian, striking or cursing your parents, being a stubborn child, and being drunk, says the Bible.

If we are going to kill all the gays because the Bible says so, I hope we're also going to kill all the people who break any of these laws too. How many people would we have left? But this is what the Bible says to do...

You are brandishing your ignorance of the Bible... Leviticus is for the Jews, not for the gentiles like us, except for those laws that God gave to all the children of Noah (including gentiles), which include sexual immoralities, of which homosexuality is an example.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by OchuSomtin(m): 8:03am On May 31, 2013
Good move made to stop this anomally that has hit the world. But it'll be more efficient if the act itself is punished. Coz as it is, they just banned the marriage but not the act.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Ozichim(m): 8:04am On May 31, 2013
vowiski: Rep approves, I doubt the President will accent to it.. So it is not a LAW.

Bunch of clowns..

How many years Jail term have they given to the Irresponsible governors in the Irresponsible NIGERIA GOVERNORS FORUM.

You can die for this if you like. Homosexual is evil and should be outlawed. There are many evil in the society and homosexual and incest is some of them. You are free to relocate to any of those areas were Devil has succeeded to introduce and legalize this evil act if you are not there already. Every soul that sins shall die. And “there is no piece for the wicked says the Lord”.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by collynzo2(m): 8:06am On May 31, 2013
goyston:

Okay. Why is this relevant? Why would allowing gays to marry result in people marrying their son or daughter?
Because all the excuses used to support gays can be used in those scenarios, list them
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Ozichim(m): 8:08am On May 31, 2013
onitshaigbo:

You are brandishing your ignorance of the Bible... Leviticus is for the Jews, not for the gentiles like us, except for those laws that God gave to all the children of Noah (including gentiles), which include sexual immoralities, of which homosexuality is an example.
Stop this. Are you ignorant? The whole Bible is given for the edification of the church. Jesus never said that any part of the bible should not be accepted. Don't say such thing again unless you are a secret-cult man.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by onitshaigbo(m): 8:10am On May 31, 2013
Ozichim:
Stop this. Are you ignorant? The whole Bible is given for the edification of the church. Jesus never said that any part of the bible should not be accepted. Don't say such thing again unless you are a secret-cult man.

SMH, you ignorant bushman. Next time, read the Bible first before posting something so asinine and ignorant.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Kingharzyz(m): 8:12am On May 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
meanwhile, some were in South Africa. .

waoooo that lady is holding a bible.... mogbe...who cares am nah an Xtian tho'
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Kingharzyz(m): 8:15am On May 31, 2013
vowiski: Rep approves, I doubt the President will accent to it.. So it is not a LAW.

Bunch of clowns..

How many years Jail term have they given to the Irresponsible governors in the Irresponsible NIGERIA GOVERNORS FORUM.

you be gay.... mumu.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Vansnickers: 8:15am On May 31, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Yes, you're making a lot of sense calling someone more educated than you'll ever be "illiterate". The best education is a Christian one centered around the Bible. No education is complete without studying the Bible.

What do you know?! I'm sure you're still writing Jamb. Nincompoop.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by onitshaigbo(m): 8:17am On May 31, 2013
Van snickers:

What do you know. I'm sure you're still writing jamb. Nincompoop.

Secular education means nothing to me. They only brainwashes you. Christian education is true education.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Kingharzyz(m): 8:18am On May 31, 2013
Ozichim:
tell me if jesus knew about bibble itself...a question for you ...when jesus was alive was there a bible at All....

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by onitshaigbo(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2013
King harzyz: tell me if jesus knew about bibble itself...a question for you ...when jesus was alive was there a bible at All....

What do you think Jesus was referring to when he said "as it is written..."? Jesus is the Word! He is the Bible itself!

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by moulin: 8:21am On May 31, 2013
What about the once doing it in hiding? I de talk of them at top
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by goyston: 8:23am On May 31, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Huh? But the "man shall not lie with another man" is from Leviticus………
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Ozichim(m): 8:27am On May 31, 2013
goyston: Tell them that most men love women, and most women love men. But that there are some men that love men, and some women love women, and this is okay too - it's the same.

To everyone saying this is the end-times: I think this is only the beginning of breaking down a barrier that has existed for hundreds of years. Nigeria received homophobia (fear of gays) from the British colonialists a long time ago, and the British are gone but the homophobia has stayed. It's an attitude/fear from the 1800s. If Naija wants to make progress it must have progressive social views, not stay with these old 1800s British ideas…SMH…

To everyone saying this will result in legalizing marrying animals, inbreeding, etc.: Why do you say that? Is there any evidence? Netherlands legalized gay marriage over 12 years ago and nobody is marrying animals or anything. Canada has had gay marriage since 2005, S. Africa since 2006, Norway since 2009, Argentina since 2010...many more..15 countries around the world have it legalized and none of them are even talking about or considering this inbreeding or polygamy or marrying animals or whatever nonsense you are talking about..so where do you get this idea that anybody wants to legalize any of these things if you legalize gay marriage? You made it up, there is no evidence. Adults should be allowed to marry any other adult they are in love with. It's not your business if they go to heaven or hell for it, or if you don't like it. They're adults and they make their own decisions - as long as their decision doesn't hurt you or anyone else, why is it your business?

Bible stated that any homosexual should be put to death and I know that many people like you are not happy with God because of this. If you are already infected with this evil, ask God to deliver you. Give you life to Jesus. Men should stop laying to themself. Nobody is born lesbian or homosexual. The truth is that when a child is growing up if she or he leaves a careless/anyhow life (If the morality of such is not well taught) the devil can take over him and made him/her to begin to have anomaly feeling. So negative will begin to attract negative and positive attract positive (which is very unnatural. so you can see why in a place like US and Europe many children will keep becoming homosexual or lesbians becouse they have bound open air preaching and stoped reliegion in schools. they also have mane gays arround then. no body cares about the moral standared in the society. The devil is realy having a nice time with them. And God that created man has said that any such anomaly should be destroyed. In a manufacturing company; any manufactured item that is not working well is always destroyed or re-manufactured to correct the anomaly, not left as it is, to continue working the way it like.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Ozichim(m): 8:30am On May 31, 2013
King harzyz: tell me if jesus knew about bibble itself...a question for you ...when jesus was alive was there a bible at All....
there was Bible when Jesus was arround. Infact Jesus red one during his time. The Bible was called scripture or Scroll then.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by katordidi(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Too late. The world has gone far too gay for Nigeria to do anything about it. Wait till they start giving state banquet and reception to foreign gay presidents and dignitaries. Na so arab people misbehave with anti-women law and US sent them a female secretary of state, Madeleine Albright. See their people they look them for TV dey bow for Madeleine, dey throw red carpet for her, dey salute her.
that law is for nigerians not the world
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:51am On May 31, 2013
porka:

Just stay where you are practice what you want to practice and not step Nigeria.

It is against our laws to practice such nonsense here.

It is not your business how we regulate our lives here.

The whole of the West currently imprison father and daughter caught having sexual relationship, if they come back tomorrow and tell us to be "progressive" like you are saying, should be jump up and join them as well?

We have our culture, we don't take such nonsense. Period!

ABEG, be quiet about culture. Hate is not a culture.

How are gay people bothering you, or keeping you from living your life? Leave them be.

There are riots in London demanding that all Nigerians be thrown out of the country. Do you support those riots too?

3 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:54am On May 31, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Would you stop your child if he decides to rip his hair off or cuts fingers off because he is inclined to do so from mental illness? Likewise, homosexuality (especially male homosexuality) is extremely harmful for the soul, and we have an obligation to prevent people from harming themselves.

Science says that people are born gay, so what is a law going to do?

2 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:56am On May 31, 2013
raffite: God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It is now left for us to lynch and report any offender to the Police.

Let me send you somewhere where the dont like black people. I'll help them lynch you.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:02am On May 31, 2013
Ozichim:
U should be sorry for ur self. U are not gay and you don't care about it in the society. U are so careless. Some people are interested to maintain the morality slandered of the society. Naturally opposite charges should attract each other and same charges should repel each other. I'm sure you don't also care about incest (Man sleeping with his mother and father sleeping with his daughter). Africans believe in God and God want purity and morally to be maintained. Bible prescribed death for any homosexual or lesbian. Sodomy is not new, God completely destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah because of evil such as this. We know that evil people don’t care about morality in the society. Many secret society fellows don’t care about morality in the society because everything is good and evil (there is no good and there is no evil. They want to introduce sodomy and bring back babylon into the World. U should be sorry for ur self. U are not gay and you don't care about it in the society. U are so careless. Some people are interested to maintain the morality slandered of the society. Naturally opposite charges should attract each other and same charges should repel each other. I'm sure you don't also care about incest (Man sleeping with his mother and father sleeping with his daughter). Africans believe in God and God want purity and morally to be maintained. Bible prescribed death for any homosexual or lesbian. Sodomy is not new, God completely destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah because of evil such as this. We know that evil people don’t care about morality in the society. Many secret society fellows don’t care about morality in the society because everything is good and evil (there is not good and there is not evil. We are not ignorant of the devises of the enemy.
Repent and give your life to Christ or you perish and go to hell.

What does god have to do with jailing someone for 14 years?

The Quran says that infidels (non-Muslims) should be killed. So I take it you are ok with Muslims killing you because their religion says infidels are going to hell?

My bible says "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." If we are going to start jailing people for violating the rules in the bible, every Nigerian would be in jail.

PS - Muslims should not take offense to this post, because obviously it is only extremists who follow that part of the Quran.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:05am On May 31, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Secular education means nothing to me. They only brainwashes you. Christian education is true education.

You sound just like Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Originalsly: 9:12am On May 31, 2013
Hmmm....what about those promoting films/tv shows that send the message that there is nothing wrong in being gay?
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Ozichim(m): 9:41am On May 31, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

What does god have to do with jailing someone for 14 years?

The Quran says that infidels (non-Muslims) should be killed. So I take it you are ok with Muslims killing you because their religion says infidels are going to hell?

My bible says "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." If we are going to start jailing people for violating the rules in the bible, every Nigerian would be in jail.

PS - Muslims should not take offense to this post, because obviously it is only extremists who follow that part of the Quran.

I'm talking of Christian God here. don't confuse your self. There are various punishment for sin. No body is claiming to be holy or holiere than the other. At least that is not what we are saying. but Bible clealy condeaims homoxesual. now to be homoxesual is even one thing but to be homosexual and want to manupulate the bible by saying that Bible did not condem it and even want the soceity to legalise it, is another. If all the gays will acknowledge their sin and begin to ask God for forgiveness, then we can now talk about their repentance. but now the world want them to remain as they are, infact the world want to declare that homoxesual is good and normal; and on that note why will the world not also say that incest is good and normal infact they will soon be doing that becouse the days are evil. darkness is fast decending upon the world. Please evil is evil. I want to tell you that many homoxesuals have repented before and God helped them overcame homoxesual problem. Thay have since stopped such devilish act.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by emmayoc: 9:45am On May 31, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Are you a sodomiser? Please go to San Francisco or some place where you might feel more comfortable with a large gay population. You are also going straight to the deepest pits of Hell if you don't repent your involvement in this very egregious sin.
My broda,Devil is really wicked to xchange their brain making it a vacum. How can someone desire same sex? Gosh its really disgusting.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by emmayoc: 9:58am On May 31, 2013
Van snickers:

Keep quiet! ! You languish in penury, while your leaders manipulate and deceive your bigoted mind.
May God deliver u from this wicked bondage the devil have put evryone desiring same sex. Beliv it or not u need God's intervention and a strong deliverance to be free from this chains. We'll keep praying for u all cos that act is really disgusting.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Revolva(m): 11:14am On May 31, 2013
shocked Ope...oo Atiku....you are never winning.....mo e must reach you also..oo
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by Prinyebabe(f): 11:50am On May 31, 2013
It is not the most pressing issue in naija now. We have corruption eating into all activities and they're here wasting their time on trivalities. They're wasting the resources spent on them. (sighs)

2 Likes

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment Approved For Same-Sex Marriage by FBICIA(m): 12:26pm On May 31, 2013
King harzyz: Na who write that bibble sef? if to say Na bros jay I go believe am...buh Na humman like me write am so kosshhhi

You Be werey! You should Be admitted @the hospital @yabaleft

The Holy Bible is written from the inspiration of the Holy Spirit

goyston:

Leviticus 19:28 says no tattoos, Leviticus 19:19 says no mixed fabrics (look at your shirt label right now), 1 Timothy 2:9 says women shouldn't braid their hair or wear gold or pearls, Leviticus 11 says you can't eat lobster, shrimp, clam, pig, rabbit and most birds, Leviticus 19:16 says no gossip, and Exodus 31:14-15 says that anyone who works on a Sunday shall be put to death, including doing something simple like cleaning up sticks (and Numbers 15:32-36 agrees). Oh, and women can't speak in church (1 Corinthians 14:34-35).

You can also be put to death for saying the Lord's name in vain, living in a town where most people aren't Christian, striking or cursing your parents, being a stubborn child, and being drunk, says the Bible.

If we are going to kill all the gays because the Bible says so, I hope we're also going to kill all the people who break any of these laws too. How many people would we have left? But this is what the Bible says to do...
King harzyz: Na who write that bibble sef? if to say Na bros jay I go believe am...buh Na humman like me write am so kosshhhi

Oga Ade na the law of Moses Be all these once wey you dey write in the old testament

That is why Jesus came 2renew the laws so that he can liberate us from those laws and we can live under grace............ So the bible doesn't recommend or says you shuld kill anybody OOo°˚˚˚° ! Abeg don't misinformed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

BREAKING: Atiku Returns From Dubai / Difference Between Militant And Terrorist / Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.