Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,097 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (13405 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Political Crinkum Crankum (a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
chistar01: frankly i dont realy have any plan, i just thought of it, and decided to suggest it.
If You're Interested In Writing, Pick A Section You're Familiar With And Its Frequent Members And Make It Your Plot.
HumbledbYGrace: we will have to get permission from users and we will have to follow them to get to know them really well.
Yeah Definitely. Any Section Any Writer Wants To Write On Must Be A Section The Writer Is Conversant With. Members And Sections. So Knowing About The Members Shouldn't Be A Problem. And About Writing About A Moniker And The Person Not Liking What's Being Written About Him/Her. Its A Story And Its Borne Out Of The Want For Creation Of Fun.
HumbledbYGrace: still don't like the idea
If We Decide To Change The Names, Readers Might Find It Impossible To Decipher Whom It Is We're Writing About Cos We Might As Well Be Wrong In Apportioning The Right Personality To The Right Character And Remember Not Everyone (to be written about) Here Is Popular All Over. We Still Must Find A Way For Readers To Know Who Is What Is Being Written.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
@Dygeasy this means we have to ask for permission, I should write about me, like a biography same goes for each one of us. After we get people's reaction the we can use their name.

Check out rule #10

That other guy should be banned and locked away, then throw the keys in the ocean.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Ishilove: 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
I advocate the use of the monikers. The fact is we only know what they want us to know about them. Write a story based on the persona they have created here on NL. Nothing too indepth though, because we don't know them off NL and we can only write based on their online persona

For example, if I want to write about maclatunji, he will be an unsmiling, begoggled alfa with a big ol' beard who takes punitive measures against anyone who disparages the Prophet. THAT is his online persona.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ishilove: I advocate the use of the monikers. The fact is we only know what they want us to know about them. Write a story based on the persona they have created here on NL. Nothing too indepth though, because we don't know them off NL and we can only write based on their online persona

For example, if I want to write about maclatunji, he will be an unsmiling, begoggled, paedophilic alfa with a big ol' beard who takes punitive measures against anyone who disparages the Prophet and diddles little boys. THAT is his REAL persona.

I agree
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 10:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ishilove: I advocate the use of the monikers. The fact is we only know what they want us to know about them. Write a story based on the persona they have created here on NL. Nothing too indepth though, because we don't know them off NL and we can only write based on their online persona

For example, if I want to write about maclatunji, he will be an unsmiling, begoggled alfa with a big ol' beard who takes punitive measures against anyone who disparages the Prophet. THAT is his online persona.
Lmao @ bolded.

Your First Paragraph Is Exactly My Point. HBG That's The Essence.

Btw Ishi, Are You Writing?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: @Dygeasy this means we have to ask for permission, I should write about me, like a biography same goes for each one of us. After we get people's reaction the we can use their name.

Check out rule #10

That other guy should be banned and locked away, then throw the keys in the ocean.
We Still Aren't Going To Go Against Rule No 10.

The Fact That I Know HumbledbyGrace Doesn't Like Discussing Intimacy And Sexuality Explicitly Doesn't Mean I'm Going To Put That Into My Personalization Of The HBG Character In The Story.

Lol @ Banned And Locked With Keys Thrown Away.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by maclatunji: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2013

I laugh in Spanglish.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2013

I love this....well coz I can relate to it. Btw I love your signature...that's the heart of an artist right there. wink
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
Dygeasy: We Still Aren't Going To Go Against Rule No 10.

The Fact That I Know HumbledbyGrace Doesn't Like Discussing Intimacy And Sexuality Explicitly Doesn't Mean I'm Going To Put That Into My Personalization Of The HBG Character In The Story.

Lol @ Banned And Locked With Keys Thrown Away.
ok, then let the fun begin.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 12:26am On Jul 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: ok, then let the fun begin.
Leggo!

https://www.nairaland.com/1358287/nairaland-story#16789280

I'm On Standby Mode, Activate Me Please After You've Dropped The First Chapter. gringrin
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by yemi2plus(m): 12:54am On Jul 14, 2013
I'm in.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 1:27am On Jul 14, 2013
yemi2plus2: I'm in.
I'm Glad brother!

Send a mail to dygeasy@gmail.com. We'll go over details together.

Thanks
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:36am On Jul 14, 2013
Dygeasy: Leggo!

https://www.nairaland.com/1358287/nairaland-story#16789280

I'm On Standby Mode, Activate Me Please After You've Dropped The First Chapter. gringrin
you still up? Bet your snoring like....tongue
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by yemi2plus(m): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2013
Dygeasy: I'm Glad brother!

Send a mail to dygeasy@gmail.com. We'll go over details together.

Thanks
what should be the content of the email?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Ishilove: 8:50am On Jul 14, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I agree
Jack!! angry
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2013
yemi2plus2:
what should be the content of the email?
The Sections (Pick two or three you're conversant with so we can pick one afterall in case someone has picked one of them) You'd Be Willing To Write On...

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Jack!! angry

grin grin
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Idowuogbo(f): 9:05am On Jul 14, 2013

For example, if I want to write about maclatunji, he will be an unsmiling, begoggled alfa with a big ol' beard who takes punitive measures against anyone who disparages the Prophet. THAT is his online real persona.

Berrrra!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Ishilove: 9:23am On Jul 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I love this....well coz I can relate to it. Btw I love your signature...that's the heart of an artist right there. wink
We are artists, HBG. It takes one to know one smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Mynd44: 9:45am On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove:
We are artists, HBG. It takes one to know one smiley
Really? I always thought you were a secret agent
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Ishilove: 9:50am On Jul 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
Really? I always thought you were a secret agent
Lol cheesy
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Mynd44: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol cheesy
Have those grand children been keeping you too busy? I have been trying to reach you na
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Ishilove: 11:47am On Jul 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
Have those grand children been keeping you too busy? I have been trying to reach you na
Really? undecided
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Mynd44: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Really? undecided
Yes
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Enitsua(m): 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
As long as every body here has a free hand to write anything , this thread will only culminate into noisy market square.

I had a look at Mazi's "Meet the f.uckers" on sexuality section and to me it did relatively well. Why did it do well? because there was some form of control, names of people who were to write were published and that made the story coherent in a way although the story was not supposed to be comprehensive, it was about personal experience.

I seriously doubt this idea will work but if were are to try, we need a serious form of control, like writing down names of participants. Publish a list of names for season 1, publish another for season 2 and so on...

As for the moniker's and user name of those you want to use, don't bother getting to know them or ask them to divulge about themselves just design their characters the way you perceive them.

This is a great idea and it can lead to something big like prizes for the best writers.

Me for one I would like to write about mazi, I think have something in store for him.

WIthout a consensus ad idem between us, this idea will never work.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Enitsua(m): 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2013
Anyway am interested in writing. Fix me in if there's a spare slot.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Ishilove: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
Enitsua: As long as every body here has a free hand to write anything , this thread will only culminate into noisy market square.

I had a look at Mazi's "Meet the f.uckers" on sexuality section and to me it did relatively well. Why did it do well? because there was some form of control, names of people who were to write were published and that made the story coherent in a way although the story was not supposed to be comprehensive, it was about personal experience.

I seriously doubt this idea will work but if were are to try, we need a serious form of control, like writing down names of participants. Publish a list of names for season 1, publish another for season 2 and so on...

As for the moniker's and user name of those you want to use, don't bother getting to know them or ask them to divulge about themselves just design their characters the way you perceive them.

This is a great idea and it can lead to something big like prizes for the best writers.

Me for one I would like to write about mazi, I think have something in store for him.

Isi gini?

undecided
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Isi gini?

undecided
translate please
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
The intro was good, good job Bola, now can we do things orderly?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Ishilove: 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: translate please
'Isi gini' means 'you say what??' Igbo language
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
Enitsua: As long as every body here has a free hand to write anything , this thread will only culminate into noisy market square.

You're Wrong. Go Through All Of The Posts On This Thread.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: The intro was good, good job Bola, now can we do things orderly?
*high five*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Nominated For 2015 Caine Prize For African Writing / YoungZubi Wins August 5K Award / How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.